Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (362502 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by jcharles: 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
pls how long did you get the visa after submission
olawax22:

Please when is she coming, I want her to help bring police character from Nigeria. Please help me
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by mohike2003: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hi, Big Congrats! Quick one, where you asked to quarantine in a Federal govt approved hotel or pay some fees on your entry back into Nigeria?
Sandy04:
I am going to try as much as I can to start from the beginning of my application. To the END. Infact, if uou are in São Paulo, and planning to return back to naija… that one is another work o.
���
The officials at MMA, aren’t smiling. Keep money �

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2021
Sandy04:
Before you plan on leaving Nigeria….
Make sure you have this In place, especially after you have gotten your Visa
1. Police Report from Alagbon (stamped it in ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja) you will be charged for each page.
2. Legalize it in Lagos island.
3. Book appointment with the embassy.
4. Take it to the embassy for translation… (don’t do this yourself, or you are pregnant, send someone).
5. Carry your FOOD oooo, and check it in…
Dry ponmo, maggi, Crayfish, egusi, garri… etc.
Nobody is checking your luggage. There’s pandemic in Brazil, and the airport officials don’t want time wasting on anyone.
6. Have dollar card (very important)!!!!!!!
Cash isn’t very necessary, because you have to keep going to galleria to change it…Nigerians will cheat you, with their exchange rate.

It is a pity, nobody told me all these… till I had arrived São Paulo.
I carried NOTHING. In fact, I only travelled with 2 shirts and 2 trousers.
I bought EVERYTHING, including my baby things in Brazil. I spent soooo much.

Carry what you can, and check it in…nobody is checking your luggage. Periodt!!!

Just what I wanted to see. Thank you. More please

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
Sandy04:
Hi everyone.
I am back in Nigeria, with my bouncing baby.
I promised to drop my experience here, so others can learn too….
But it hasn’t been easy, and that is why it’s coming late.
Hopefully my experience will help anyone trying to apply again.
I’ll be very plain and truthful…. Nobody can do anything To me. We are back, with our Brazillan baby.
And I met 5 beautiful people from this thread, physically in São Paulo. We even became best friends.
I too love them ���

Welcome back... You sure had a memorable experience cos you have lot to share.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Sandy04: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Sandy04: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
TechSpot:

Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Sandy04: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Teslason(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
Any pics for us?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
Sandy04:

We were told to pay at MMA. They started from 800k actually.
800k or 80k??
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by olawax22: 12:14am On Nov 20, 2021
jcharles:
pls how long did you get the visa after submission
2 weeks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by olawax22: 12:17am On Nov 20, 2021
Please who is in Rio de jenerio…?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Sandy04: 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Acme45: 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2021
Sandy04:

But eventually we paid 300k with begging and plenty delay. We Also had to beg
pls what did you buy from the immigration officers that you are paying for?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by ddooskie(m): 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
Acme45:

Payment to avoid quarantine.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by dehiero: 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
Is it not possible to land in Benin Republic and take a cab to Lagos... Like our Dubai people do?

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:54am On Nov 22, 2021
Sandy04:

But eventually we paid 300k with begging and plenty delay. We Also had to beg

Acme45:
Asin ehn. Nigeria just be making everything hard for Nigerians, I don't know who we offended

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by timestwo: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
I am applying right now but need some clarification.

I am self-employed and I have a registered company and a company account. Now, the question is "Is it best to use my corporate account for the SOA or my savings account" Most of the cash flow to my savings are from corporate.

TechSpot:

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
timestwo:
I am applying right now but need some clarification.

I am self-employed and I have a registered company and a company account. Now, the question is "Is it best to use my corporate account for the SOA or my savings account" Most of the cash flow to my savings are from corporate.

Submit both accounts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Acme45: 1:00am On Nov 23, 2021
ddooskie:

Payment to avoid quarantine.
ok I see
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by allentee1(m): 6:05am On Nov 23, 2021
Hello nairalander, many thanks to everyone on this platform putting information out there, I joined this thread at page 78 upon my Spanish visa rejection in October. I took the same document to Brazil embassy with few advice from everyone here. I got my visa yesterday.
Many thanks to you all for the great job
No agent fee, do it yourself, very cheap, I only paid for the visa fee..

9 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by timestwo: 6:51am On Nov 23, 2021
This is great news. Congratulations!

allentee1:
Hello nairalander, many thanks to everyone on this platform putting information out there, I joined this thread at page 78 upon my Spanish visa rejection in October. I took the same document to Brazil embassy with few advice from everyone here. I got my visa yesterday.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by slimanyd: 8:17am On Nov 23, 2021
pinkyruledworld:

Asin ehn. Nigeria just be making everything hard for Nigerians, I don't know who we offended

He was scammed bro. He doesn't know yet and moreover she get enough money to throw around without doing his due diligence well. A friend arrived Nigeria from Brazil and all he paid was just 50k ,now another person was scammed of 800k. Imagine.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by ddooskie(m): 9:17am On Nov 23, 2021
slimanyd:

He was scammed bro. He doesn't know yet and moreover she get enough money to throw around without doing his due diligence well. A friend arrived Nigeria from Brazil and all he paid was just 50k ,now another person was scammed of 800k. Imagine.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by ddooskie(m): 9:24am On Nov 23, 2021
Sandy04:
I am going to try as much as I can to start from the beginning of my application. To the END. Infact, if uou are in São Paulo, and planning to return back to naija… that one is another work o.
���
The officials at MMA, aren’t smiling. Keep money �
As a prospective parent, a question I have been itching to ask people who give birth abroad is how they handle child care without help from a relative, you know that traditionally, in Nigeria, the mother-in-law comes over for the first three months or so to help cater for the new born and the new mum as well.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by slimanyd: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
ddooskie:

Imagine .
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
allentee1:

nice one... Congrats

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
ddooskie:

As a prospective parent, a question I have been itching to ask people who give birth abroad is how they handle child care without help from a relative, you know that traditionally, in Nigeria, the mother-in-law comes over for the first three months or so to help cater for the new born and the new mum as well.

I bathed my daughter, cooked our meals, did shopping, cleaning and all necessary as madam delivered through CS and shouldn't have to do any stressful chores atm. Youtube helped with the bathing, I even used palm-oil to bath her despite being a first time dad so I believe when you reach that hurdle alone you will learn how to cross it.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Sandy04: 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
dehiero:
Is it not possible to land in Benin Republic and take a cab to Lagos... Like our Dubai people do?
If you are carrying a child, you can’t do that. It’s too much stress.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Sandy04:

When we arrived… There was a flight restriction on certain countries in Nigeria…like Brazil, turkey and India… I don’t know if it’s still on though.
So we couldn’t get visa On arrival for our child (that’s story for another day) so they charged us, because we arrived from Brazil (restriction due to Covid), and we were supposed to be quarantined for 2 weeks, and also because we had a Brazilian baby who didn’t have a Nigerian Visa.
Where As, naija isn’t issuing visa to Brazilians at the moment (even if you are of Nigerian Parent) .
When your child arrives, another wahala �
The only option we had again was to go to the Brasilia for her Nigerian passport …. Which is about 14hrs to, and 14hrs from São Paulo.
Thank God it’s all over, and I am back home with my baby.

Thank you for the explanations and clarifications. You have really done well for your child and may he/be a source of joy to you.
Na because I no wan born for naija I go padlock my something and man don dey old. May Allah help us all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (183) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

Viewing this topic: mesmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.