Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

The Truth About Wedding Night Sex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Truth About Wedding Night Sex (11181 Views)

Man Refused To Pay Prostitute For Service After All Night Sex (video) / Naija Sex Story: My Night Sex With The Store Attendant / When Your Fiance Says "Get Pregnant Or Forget About Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by tonyx4x44(m): 7:55am On Sep 19, 2015
Reading this topic about wedding night sex

https://www.nairaland.com/2606915/what-excitement-wedding-night-when

got me reading up information on wedding night experiences. A large majority of the articles and testimonies I saw online and offline seem to confirm my original assumption; wedding night sex rarely happens and is almost never worth it (in terms of quality).

The article below treats the subject properly

THE DEBRIEF: THERE'S NOTHING LESS SEXY THAN A WEDDING. SO WHY'S THAT THE DAY WHEN YOU'RE MEANT TO HAVE THE BEST SHAG OF YOUR LIFE?

PICTURE BY FRANCES SOUSA

As someone who is in the middle of organising one, I’m fairly sure that weddings are the antithesis of sex. There is nothing erotic about an event centred around formal paperwork and mass catering. I’m not thinking ‘Hey, introducing my boyfriend’s parents to my octogenarian Granny will really put me in the mood for a long, hard shag.’ The idea of getting my picture taken as I stand in front of everyone I know and cut a big cake does not give me the horn. Yet your wedding night is supposed to be the hottest night of your life. The weirdness of it all hit me when I was speaking to a lingerie PR. ‘And what are you, ah, going to be wearing on the big night? We’ve got some lovely silk slips in…’ ‘Um, I will have been wearing a long, lacy dress for eight hours. I was planning to change into the softest, comfiest thing I own, which is a Sonic Youth Goo tee with a coffee stain on the hem,’ I replied, silently adding ‘And I don’t think we’ll be having sex. We’ll be so tired that getting our genitals to meet would be like watching two old men trying to high five each other.’

When we were expected to wait until marriage, wedding night sex was a big deal. But now that most of us aren’t walking down the aisle as virgins, surely it’s a weird tradition to hold onto? My friend Tash, a 25 year old teacher tells me ‘We’re Christians, and we did wait until marriage! But at the end of our wedding day, I was so tired that I barely had the energy to take my dress off! My husband was wiped out too, and was really scared about letting me down – but when we decided to wait until morning, we were both so relieved! I talked to a couple of friends from church, and they admitted that their wedding nights had been similarly unsexy. It’s a relief, but I wish I’d known beforehand, so I didn’t put pressure on myself!’

Sex and relationship coach Guy Winters says ‘I’ve had clients ask me for advice about wedding night sex, and my one tip is always the same. “Don’t bother.” There’s so much pressure on the day, it’s tiring, intense and emotional, and chances are that you haven’t had a good night’s sleep for a few days. If it happens, it happens, but people often do it for the sake of tradition, and feel really disappointed and disconnected from their partners. If you can wait until you’re relaxed and rested, it means you’ll have happy memories of the first time you were intimate together as a married couple.’

If you can remember any of it, you’re doing well. My friend Rachel, 29, an accountant, reveals ‘I can’t remember my wedding night. Not because we were incredibly drunk, or because anything crazy went down. I was just that tired. We definitely did the morning after, and that was lovely. I know there’s no way my husband would have tried it if I wasn’t feeling it, but I feel like it would be massively unromantic to ask “Darling, do you know when we actually consummated our marriage?”’

Bridget, a 28 year old DJ, had a much more memorable wedding night. ‘I was quite excited about wedding sex. We had a beautiful hotel room, I’d got a negligee and I deliberately didn’t get too pissed during the day so I could enjoy it. My husband did not get the memo, and spent the night being sick in the bath. We eventually had make up sex two days later, because I spent the next day being really annoyed with him.’ Cara, 30 a make up artist says ‘Um, I got really drunk at my own wedding and passed out on a chair at some point. I woke up on a duvet on the floor of my parents’ hotel room.’ A friend who would prefer not to be named says she was so stressed that as soon as she’d signed the register, she spent the rest of the day on the toilet with an IBS flare up.

Ultimately, marriage means you’ve got the rest of your life to get lucky. Your wedding is hopefully just the first of many amazing parties you’ll get to attend together. Sex is supposed to bring you closer together, but I already feel close enough to my partner to know that neither of us are at our sexiest after planning an admin heavy event – we can wait for a while. We’re going to a friend’s wedding the week after ours. I’ve booked a posh B&B, and I’m hoping for an early night.

source
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by Obinnau(m): 8:05am On Sep 19, 2015
sometimes i wonder if there are any virgins left?
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by prettyjo(f): 8:06am On Sep 19, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 19, 2015
I don't follow other people's norms or pratice undecided undecided

my wedding night will be as I dream of it tongue tongue

virgin or not virgin it is going to be romantic, exciting and a night to remember tongue

let somebody shout 'yeah, yeah ' grin

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by pet4ril(f): 9:11am On Sep 19, 2015
Diddyydiva:

virgin or not virgin it is going to be romantic, exciting and a night to remember tongue

yeah

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by happykidArotiba(m): 9:25am On Sep 19, 2015
make the mood. mutual. dahs all
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by HAIRSTYLEDOTCOM: 9:34am On Sep 19, 2015
The rate at which sex post floods nairaland is disgusting,pls you guys should stop already.
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by jmoore(m): 9:44am On Sep 19, 2015
I will shoot a movie that night with my wife "A night of two virgins". wink
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by tonyx4x44(m): 9:44am On Sep 19, 2015
Diddyydiva:

how about being dead tired... Nigerian weddings are exhausting for the invitees more so the bride and groom

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by sinaj(f): 9:56am On Sep 19, 2015
Obinnau:
sometimes i wonder if there are any virgins left?
there are sir

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 19, 2015
pet4ril:
yeah
That's it cool

but you said only one ' yeah ' angry
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2015
My plan's to go back n hook up with one af d girls on my disvirgined list for marriage when i'm ready to . Simple !

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 19, 2015
tonyx4x44:

how about being dead tired... Nigerian weddings are exhausting for the invitees more so the bride and groom
undecided

I don't get you mister
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by tonyx4x44(m): 10:25am On Sep 19, 2015
Diddyydiva:
undecided

I don't get you mister

i know from experience that its almost impossible to have enjoyable intercourse when one is

tired
stressed
wasted

a typical nigerian marriage ceremony+traditional (usual a day before or simultaneously) ticks all the above boxes for the bride and groom

i find it hard to believe you can have the wedding night of your dreams in those conditions
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2015
tonyx4x44:

i know from experience that its almost impossible to have enjoyable intercourse when one is

tired
stressed
wasted

a typical nigerian marriage ceremony+traditional (usual a day before or simultaneously) ticks all the above boxes for the bride and groom

i find it hard to believe you can have the wedding night of your dreams in those conditions
And what if I don't have my Marriage in such way?

Leave the venue at 5:00pm ?

Am speaking for myself here and I don't expect anyone to agree or disagree with me

bye
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by tonyx4x44(m): 10:31am On Sep 19, 2015
Diddyydiva:
And what if I don't have my Marriage in such way?

Leave the venue at 5:00pm ?

Am speaking for myself here and I don't expect anyone to agree or disagree with me

bye

understood! i subscribe to that school of thought too... (I don't mind a wedding that lasts 2 hours or less)

just that the majority of the population doesn't
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by wizzprince(m): 11:43am On Sep 19, 2015
Mk i buy land here,whn e reach FP i go coment
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by Obinnau(m): 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
sinaj:
there are sir
are you one?
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by kokoA(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
Mtcheeeewww.. people wey don dey bang themselves for years.. wetin make wedding night own special?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by IamLEGEND1: 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2015

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by jessejane(f): 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2015

epic reply
Re: The Truth About Wedding Night Sex by Cutehector(m): 9:28am On Dec 26, 2015
Totally not havn sex on my wedding night

(1) (Reply)

The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! / Should Couples Have Access To Each Other's Social Media Accounts? / Olekoko Man Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.