Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland (26466 Views)

RULE 22 / Man On His Kneels To Beg Rich Man In Car For Money In Lagos / This Is What Someone Begging For Money In The Church Through Whatsapp got (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Canme4u(m): 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
naijadeyhia:

For whatever reason I gather nairaland is worth about $94m

It worth more than the first guy said but I also dont think it worth up to that amount u posted either.

Even whatsapp was acquired less than $20m
naijadeyhia:

I don't do 2go. Heck I don't even do facebook or Twitter. I have people who do that for me per business attachment but personally I don't. Nairaland is d only place I while away my spare time.

cheesy
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
Canme4u:

It worth more than the first guy said but I also dont think it worth up to that amount u posted either.

Even whatsapp was acquired less than $20m

Correction. .. facebook bought WhatsApp for $19b
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by cococandy(f): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
Omotayor123:

You should explain... Since you are offering it as Solution.
(Tehn) The e-helpers Network.

But I said never mind because I just learned that he has banned them too.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Dragonking: 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
@ Seun, please block them...just visit the investment section and see how people are begging up and down and also scamming people.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by chamberlin1(m): 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
I didn't know begging has changed to the online dimension. Wow, whichever way, it's good to assist the needy but such fora will make abuse inevitable. People are solely responsible for their giving so I see no fuss
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by yusasiv(m): 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
I support that idea of being solely responsible for one's post, i cud remember there was a day I needed financial help too, i msg the moderators on here givin in detailed about me and what i need and my reasons, i didn't get any response but Alhamdulilahi, am over it now... Meanwhile i'd suggest that if there is anyone who chooses to help willingly, the person shouldn't hesitate or get discouraged for there is account for every deed whatsoever

Thanks.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by yusasiv(m): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
To the scammers, everyday is for the thief, the owner would have his day too....
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Canme4u(m): 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
naijadeyhia:

o oh, thats huge.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Funjosh(m): 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
Na You get your site, na you know.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
I hereby propose to create a new rule that forbids anyone from asking for money - especially investments and donations - on Nairaland later today. The enforcement of this rule will completely block the activities of many scammers. Any objections?

Mr Seun, This is my second NL account in like 7 years, no one can deny you have been doing a good job but one thing is clear.
You need to either sell of NL or let others invest in it or take over, it's evident you are bereft of ideas of on how to run this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by seanjy4konji: 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
Is that why this so called seun knows that Inspiredm is a fraudulent he goat and he just wont say anything about it?

You do a good job with some people who need medical attention and verify it..i personally contributed to that one last year or or this year cant remember and i feel good doing it so such should not stop...

Beside,Seun?you have not told us what you are willing to do about your friends like inspiredm who scam and you put around them and let them keep doing so...I knwyou from Ife,New buka but you fall hand when you started aiding and abbetting with thieves.unlike you...we are all thieves but its a bigger mess up when you scam a fellow Nigerian/hustler like you...

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Gboliwe: 9:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt][b]
They have said it all.

But let me give my input.

I cyprus000 'one'of nairaland. "Okala madu okala mou" strongly object to such radical imposition.

And I want to state that I will take this case to ICC, if you decide to impose this rule.
Cos that's an infringment of article 10 and 11 of human right law.
Not only infringment of article 10 and 11. but also article 18,cos you are dictating what philanthropist on this site should believe.

Article 1Right to Equality
Article 2Freedom from Discrimination
Article 3Right to Life, Liberty, Personal Security
Article 4Freedom from Slavery
Article 5Freedom from Torture and Degrading Treatment
Article 6Right to Recognition as a Person before the Law
Article 7Right to Equality before the Law
Article 8Right to Remedy by Competent Tribunal
Article 9Freedom from Arbitrary Arrest and Exile
Article 10Right to Fair Public Hearing
Article 11Right to be Considered Innocent until Proven Guilty
Article 12Freedom from Interference with Privacy, Family, Home and Correspondence
Article 13Right to Free Movement in and out of the Country
Article 14Right to Asylum in other Countries from Persecution
Article 15Right to a Nationality and the Freedom to Change It
Article 16Right to Marriage and Family
Article 17Right to Own Property
Article 18Freedom of Belief and Religion
Article 19Freedom of Opinion and Information
Article 20Right of Peaceful Assembly and Association

We shall meet in court if you decide to impose the rulegringrin

[/b][/size]

Lol grin grin especially @d okala madu, okala muo. It's been a very looong time I heard someone call himself that. Reminds me of my school days in the east. Anu ana agba egbe o na ata chewing gum

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by enitey(f): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2015
You don't know what tomorrow holds
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by 2goodbobo(m): 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
I believe everyone here is mature enough to take decision on their own. Hence, placing embargo on begging will be a wrong thing to do. I pray not to be in a situation that will make me come here to beg someday (God forbid)but hey, there are so many people who have needs but don't have the money to solve it. So if they come here to beg let them be. If you dont have the heart to help, there are others who are willing to assist. Do you think most of them that are begging today are happy to do so?

There are beggars everywhere in the world and nairaland is not an exception so deal with.

2 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by medoyin(m): 9:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
nex:
Seun

DO NOT DO IT!

It is time you understood that Nairaland is no longer a website. Nairaland is a communications infrastructure just like Telephony. Imagine MTN saying they will cut off all call in which the caller is asking for money, or that they will block delivery of all SMSes which have content asking for money.

Of course GSM lines are being used everyday to scam Nigerians, and the operators are aware, but the measures they are putting in place include registration of phone numbers. Now, what I can suggest to you, Seun, In that line, is that Nairaland should ask EVERY Member to verify their membership using a phone number. This way scams can be reported to law enforcement agencies, and criminals can be caught, and that will deter others. Spammers can also be more easily muted using their verified registered phone number, and they won't be able to use it to open another account on Nairaland.

As much as I do not use Nairaland to seek for funds in anyway whatsoever, I believe there people who do with genuine causes,and they should not be stopped from access what has now become a social infrastructure just because there are those those who seek funds for dubious reasons on the same infrastructure.

We all know that people have been murdered after being invited over by their Facebook friends, but that has not prompted Facebook to unleash sniffer bots that will stop guys from sending messages to ladies inviting them over to their homes. Facebook is bigger than what it was built to be. It's is now a communications infrastructure for the entire world. Nairaland must think like this!

Will email you this, as I doubt you'll be able to sift it out from the hundreds of messages.

Mail him please else, I forsee the end of nairaland.

#My $5

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Canme4u(m): 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
naijadeyhia:

o oh, thats huge. shocked
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Gboliwe: 9:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Bigsteveg:

People have abused the privilege, now scamming people in the name of begging. I agree partially with seun, only that it should be checked.

Nigerians sabi abuse opportunity.

Back to ur claim that seun doesn't help, I must say, he owe u or nobody any favour. It's by choice, brother or ure a sister, go work for ur money and stop believing people will give u money. They can only teach u how to fish, not be giving u fish like say na seun born u. Perhaps, maybe there's a way he give back to the society that ure not aware of. Must every donation be on a blog like that of Linda ikeji.

People who say d words u typed...I do tell them to get a life, but I want to believe u didn't really give it a tot b4 typing.
It is well

Do you have any proof where users have been scammed by donating to a course? Please post links here.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Idowuogbo(f): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
Smh! I pity this guy...hmmmmm.....
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by MSItachi: 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
2 things are involved. Either you already know what you want to do and if not them conduct a simple poll here. All this stories.... Na so Linda ask if she should talk political adverts. The answer was a resounding NO. she still went ahead and took them. Abeg do what u have to and stop disturbing us. Rubbish!

5 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Seun(m): 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2015
I think the people who are most abusive and threatening in their opposition to this idea need to be watched carefully. They are the suspects.

This rule wouldn't prevent any of us from giving. There is no shortage of people who need help in our families, neighbourhoods, churches, etc.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by authority2006(m): 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
The rule is not yet active as at this moment. On a serious note, did oga think that there shouldn't be scammers taking the advantage of this opportunity? It is voluntary. Even in real life, you see some people moving from one church/mosque to another begging for help that their children/wives/husbands are sick and that they are in need of money which of course some of them are just lying. They simply make it their own business. Let it stay. It is even better than some nairalanders that would build trust with other nairalanders over a period of time only to around and defraud them.

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by obainojazz(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
I support the idea...coz we talking about the future here...next, when they mention nairaland abroad...you'll hear..is it not that site where they scam people...Its better to scrap it now instead of hearing stories that touches the heart later...
My one kobo opinion

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Gboliwe: 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
I think the people who are most abusive and threatening in their opposition to this idea need to be watched carefully. They are the suspects.

This rule wouldn't prevent any of us from giving. There is no shortage of people who need help in our families, neighbourhoods, churches, etc.

You sound so like your mind is made up. What exactly do you wish to achieve by shutting down people from helping others through your forum? I have been on nairaland for so many years. I have seen people, users get scammed by venturing into business with other users who were scammers. The education section is on faya with so many threads from very obvious cheap scammers soliciting for "clients". The business section, the auto section, those are not left out. People are scammed daily through your site for doing business. You should concentrate on dealing with that to at least minimise or eradicate it totally.

On the other hand, I am yet to see 3 threads where anyone said he was scammed for donating or investing on a nairalander. Why are you chasing shadows and letting the substance be? Again, what do you stand to gain by stopping users from helping other users and/or their relatives?

9 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Getfun: 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
Even if its banned, people will still ask, it's should just b modified, people should just b wiser to verify any money transactions
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by r231(m): 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
Gboliwe:

You sound so like your mind is made up. What exactly do you wish to achieve by shutting down people from helping others through your forum? I have been on nairaland for so many years. I have seen people, users get scammed by venturing into business with other users who were scammers. The education section is on faya with so many threads from very obvious cheap scammers soliciting for "clients". The business section, the auto section, those are not left out. People are scammed daily through your site for doing business. You should concentrate on dealing with that to at least minimise or eradicate it totally.

On the other hand, I am yet to see 3 threads where anyone said he was scammed for donating or investing on a nairalander. Why are you chasing shadows and letting the substance be? Again, what do you stand to gain by stopping users from helping other users and/or their relatives?

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
[quote author=Seun post=38214137 I think the people who are most abusive and threatening in their opposition to this idea need to be watched carefully. They are the suspects

This rule wouldn't prevent any of us from giving. There is no shortage of people who need help in our families, neighbourhoods, churches, etc.[/quote]

Seun at the bolded you are slam dunk wrong. Whats with you today? What's with all this paranoia and cranky demeanour?

Everyone has their own way of communicating and responding to stuff. Don't just go off half cocked at anyone and clumping them in the bin of suspects just because they did not respond as it would please you. Gerarahiamen! Perhaps now you would say I am also a suspect. what utter balderdash

3 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Gboliwe: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
[s]I think the people who are most abusive and threatening in their opposition to this idea need to be watched carefully. They are the suspects.

This rule wouldn't prevent any of us from giving. There is no shortage of people who need help in our families, neighbourhoods, churches, etc.[/s]

You are not making sense......... angry angry angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by yhemsy62(m): 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
If u can't give don't stop does dat are given out b'cos it's not u dat will reward it's d God Almighty. So if you find it difficult to help dos in needs pls don't teach others to be like you
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by StepTwo: 10:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
harrysterol:
jesam are u from yakurr?
noo, am from Ikori

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

Pastor Adeboye Thanks Fans With A Pix & Note After Hitting 2M Followers / See The Huge Python Killed By Brother Measured 16ft!!! / Cost Of Newspaper Publication For New NGO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.