Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (45047 Views)

Saudi Military, Noa Advocate Alternative Narrative On Terrorism. / Why Do Blacks Disrespect Ben Carson? / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by neocortex: 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
joyrealestates:
That's the right thing to do Ben. America had it foundation in God even the flag is a symbol

Who told you that lie ?
America foundation was based on freedom and deist philosophy.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by cbrass(m): 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
neocortex:

Stop quoting history when you don't know,
America founding fathers left their homes for economic not
religious reasons, if you are conversant with history you will
know that most of the founding fathers were deists not Christians
as you claim.

You are a liar, all lairs shall end in hell. The founding fathers that set sail at Plymouth where Puritans (strong and no nonsense Christians ) America backslided that's why you see lots of immoralities in her mist

3 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Nobody wants a potential jihadist having nuclear warhead

Exactly. And that's the same point Trump made during his interview. For me their opinion will
come back to hunt them during the final election with their Democratic counterpart but truth be told,
they nailed the fact as a MUSLIM cannot be trusted completely to effectively handle that SEAT if they
must crack down their enemies in d Arab world with Nuclear Potentials/Capabilities...

Waiting for Jihadist, Osama Bin Ladin, Muslim Extremist, haters to start a fight because of this statement.. angry angry

Modified: Its wrong to allow Iran who have publicly declared their ambition to destroy Isreal once they posses a Nuclear Warhead to
develop their Nuclear Warhead angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by SomebodyLovesMe: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
kay29000:

To each his own. Worry about your own life.

In Christ, I have nothing to worry about. smiley
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by neocortex: 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
cbrass:

You are a liar, all lairs shall end in hell. The founding fathers that set sail at Plymouth where Puritans (strong and no nonsense Christians ) America backslided that's why you see lots of immoralities in her mist

Kindly mention a name we can relate with
except you want to tell me that the savages
who destroyed the native American population
were puritan christians, then Christianity must be the real
definition of evil.

Stop believing everything you are told in Sunday school.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Markachi666(m): 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
America belongs to which religion? The day a Muslim become the president or prime minister of isreal, then Dubai can have a Christian president.
grin Sweet impossibility!
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by tsdarkside(m): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
america is screwd anyway....who cares who runs it......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by JUHABACH: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Nobody wants a potential jihadist having nuclear warhead

bruh!!!!
the so-called "jihadist" are in the minority.
frm my personally experience, most muslims are actually very decent people.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by tsdarkside(m): 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
i am sorry,for the children of slaves in america....to suffer sooo long,then at last free,but the game is over....if i were them,i would leave america,and come back to africa.....

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by klax(m): 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
US muslim presidency wait a minute ooo what a hell do thus muslim think they are. Well christain too should be ready to dethrone Saudi Monarch and a Christain Monarch take over is as simple as that.

Why muslim presidency a big joke do these people think people with sane mind love their religion at allYou better wake a man with sane isn't interested in your vampire religion ok.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by tsdarkside(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bialegend:
"Values and principles" exactly what Nnamdi Kanu of Radio Biafra has been harping on about. If you live together in a country with peoples of opposite "Values and principles" to yours as obtains in Nigeria's of today, then there is no way such a country will proper nor have peace. For us Biafrans to achieve our target goals in life, we must fight hard to separate from Nigeria where these northerners and south westerners are clogging the wheels of our progress. We do not have anything in common with them.

you have much in common with us,than you think...i dont care...just dont create trouble,were their is no trouble...my first woman is igbo,,my best friends are igbos....when i buy food,igbos....buy things,igbos........sooooo.....whatever...
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by chineloSA(f): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?

Whoever did that research for you deceived you. How does he know the minds of people who are not even born yet, and those that are living.
No machine or amount or science can read a human mind. So, no one knows what 2060 religious landscape will look like.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Philipsdael(m): 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
CSTR2:
When the likes of buhari and OBJ are your presidents, then sorry if i don't find the Nigerian presidentship enticing.
You can see why the country is one big giant hell-hole.
No wonder those white guys on the UNZ website believes the failure of biafran actualization is the greatest injustice to the black race.
Pathetic f00l.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by BALLOSKI: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
peppyluv02:
You actually bought the pirated copy so the dustbin is where it belongs.

grin grin

I bought original copy from an online bookshop.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by cococandy(f): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
If Muslims could keep their religion to themselves without disturbing the peace and freedom of others, many people wouldn't share Ben Carson's opinions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by BALLOSKI: 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
udemzyudex:

Who cares?
you

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by BALLOSKI: 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Markachi666:

grin Sweet impossibility!
grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by 151487made(m): 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
shidof:
ehen! Lyk serious, tell me more but wat i know is dt u sabi lie wella oo sister. Catholics more dan muslims. Hhahahaha
guy Google now. north and south america are full of catholics and christians, europe and australia are also full of wat catholics and christian, africa muslim 50 christian 50, asia still have catholics and christian dan muslims and middle east and afro arab have more muslims
using catholics and christians just want to differentiate between Orthodox and Pentecostal. so muslim cant rule, dey will kip fighting but dey cant so far Jacob had d blessing and Esau took remnant.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Sulaimon01(m): 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
coolitempa:

Stop dreaming......and think about now.... cheesy....there are more Catholics alone than all Muslims put together.... cheesy

Are u okay at all? I doubt that! Back this up with facts
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by nnamdiosu(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*

if u like throw his book into space....it doesn't remove one gray hair from his head. * picks up the book gifted hand from my shelf and starts reading.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Sulaimon01(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
klax:
US muslim presidency wait a minute ooo what a hell do thus muslim think they are. Well christain too should be ready to dethrone Saudi Monarch and a Christain Monarch take over is as simple as that.

Why muslim presidency a big joke do these people think people with sane mind love their religion at allYou better wake a man with sane isn't interested in your vampire religion ok.

Hw can u b so daft? z USA a xtian country?
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Well....Ben Carson's comment, while regrettable, is nothing new.

Once upon a time, Roman Catholics were in the same position muslims are now. In 1928, Al Smith, an American pol who had been a very effective Governor of his home state.....lost the American election to Herbert Hoover on the grounds that he was ''Roman Catholic''. In 1960, John F. Kennedy, another Catholic, had to make a speech to Protestant ministers where he in essence stated that he won't take orders from the Pope. (Part of the many reasons why he won that election).

Once upon a time, Black Americans like Carson were in the same position as muslims. In 1928, there was only one Black elected Congressman. The idea of a balck president was laughed at. Even in 1984...when Jesse Jackson looked like he was going to get the Democratic nomination, he still lost it. Now...blacks have a lot of elected offices...and we have a black president. (And Carson looks like he is in with a chance).

I doubt that voting a Muslim president = America becoming Muslim. The US is not structured like that. So, Carson's comment is bigoted and wrong. No excuses. But.....it must be pointed out that the Muslim world has a fundamentalist problem .....and measures need to be put in place to deal with it.The Muslim world should not let ISIS speak for them. They should speak more against them. There should also be more attention to things like minority rights in majority Muslim areas. and so on.

Mr Carson also should trust his countrymen a little bit more...and remember that when he was born ....it was difficult for a black man to aspire to any political position. He should also remember that should he be elected...he is the president of all Americans...Muslim and non Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by lambvard: 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lilimax:
Glad to know that a lot of Americans are beginning reason with their head. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed Waiting for that day a Christian will become the president or whatever they call it in U.A.E.

Is America a christian country?
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
I agree with Carson to a larger extent. Almighty USA can't allow Boko Haram in its territory. Period!
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by baloney: 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by BigElEddy(m): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bialegend:
"Values and principles" exactly what Nnamdi Kanu of Radio Biafra has been harping on about. If you live together in a country with peoples of opposite "Values and principles" to yours as obtains in Nigeria's of today, then there is no way such a country will proper nor have peace. For us Biafrans to achieve our target goals in life, we must fight hard to separate from Nigeria where these northerners and south westerners are clogging the wheels of our progress. We do not have anything in common with them.

We the south-southerners don't have anything in common with the south easterners either. So what's your point?

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by cbrass(m): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
neocortex:

Kindly mention a name we can relate with
except you want to tell me that the savages
who destroyed the native American population
were puritan christians, then Christianity must be the real
definition of evil.

Stop believing everything you are told in Sunday school.

Point of correction, history isn't thought in Sunday school rather Gods word. A good example of the founding fathers is John Harvard whoS name was used to name the best university in the world today, infact the puritans built the Harvard university. So stop spreading lies.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by oz4real83(m): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bialegend:
. This confused Nnamdi Kanu always forgets that the south south states are not part of his fictitious biafra. The earlier he gets this into his confused brain the better.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by kraftykc(m): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Have you all read exactly what he said:

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," the retired neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Carson, was asked Sunday whether a president's faith should matter to voters.

"I guess it depends on what that faith is," he said. "If it's inconsistent with the values and principles of America, then of course it should matter. But if it fits within the realm of America and consistent with the Constitution, no problem."

I honestly don't see what the matter is here. Which true Muslim will seat and allow guys get married? How about allow Satanists erect monuments in cities and hold rallies??
America is not built for real religious people, only eye-servicers can win that seat. That's why Carson won't win and neither will any Muslim of true belief.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by olajorn(m): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
SenseiX:
The two leading Republican candidates, Donald Trump and Ben Carson are really railing against immigration and Muslims and the party's grassroots base is rallying behind them. If the GOP gets into power next year, it's going to be awkward for foreigners in the
ben carson not against inmigrants...And Why should a muslim be USA president...different ideology
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by neocortex: 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
cbrass:

Point of correction, history isn't thought in Sunday school rather Gods word. A good example of the founding fathers is John Harvard whoS name was used to name the best university in the world today, infact the puritans built the Harvard university. So stop spreading lies.

It seems the meaning of founding father is the problem here,
if you consider a recent 17th century economic emigrator who holds
no public position aside contributing money for the running
of a university a founding father, then I will stop here.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Touchey: 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
coolitempa:

Stop dreaming......and think about now.... cheesy....there are more Catholics alone than all Muslims put together.... cheesy

No mind am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

75-Year-Old Woman Marries A 27yr Old Man...says 'love Has No Age Limit' / Belarus Foreign Minister, Vladimir Makei, Killed By Russian Assassins / Trump During BLM Protest VS When His Supporters Invaded The US Capitol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.