Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (45041 Views)

Saudi Military, Noa Advocate Alternative Narrative On Terrorism. / Why Do Blacks Disrespect Ben Carson? / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
The ignorance of Nigerians is really mind boggling when you realize that no Muslim is contesting this race. I doubt a Muslim has ever been a major contender for the presidency. But, you can't tell Nigerians that when all their brain can cull up is religion and tribal affiliations.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by BALLOSKI: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
kinglekan:

What side of the divide are you on? Your posts above actually contradicts each other.

How exactly was he offensive? He was asked a direct question and he opined that if your faith is inconsistent with the values and principles of America then it should matter if you should be voted as president.

my first post goes with the fact that he picked on a particular religion. Check how trump answered the question. He could have said, 'if we have american muslims, and are qualified in the eye of the law to contest, since the constitution is supreme, there is that possibility of having a muslim president'. Since the power to vote rest with the electorates, they should be allowed to decide either they'd vote a muslim or not.
Again, check the lady I quoted in my second post and, u'd see what I meant. She was saying since a xtain cant be the president of dubai, a muslim cant be the POTUS...as if xtianity is the official religion of the US. So I had to tell her that it is equally impossible for a muslim to be pm of isreal since it is only dubai she saw to mention.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Realist2: 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
The Question is......... Can a christian become president in IRAQ ,Saudi Arabia , U.A.E.?

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Situation001(m): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
coolitempa:

Stop dreaming......and think about now.... cheesy....there are more Catholics alone than all Muslims put together.... cheesy
Alhamdulillah... I'm part of the few Muslims on planet earth..
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by erusen: 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
neocortex:

Kindly mention a name we can relate with
except you want to tell me that the savages
who destroyed the native American population
were puritan christians, then Christianity must be the real
definition of evil.

Stop believing everything you are told in Sunday school.
actually it's history I studied it and I advice you check Google by 1954 Americans were 70-80 %Christians .by 1984they were 60% Christians but now they are 40% .their layed down beliefs were Protestants(Pentecostal) who fled Europe during the Vatican persecution (Catholics). but now america is a free state
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by neocortex: 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
erusen:
actually it's history I studied it and I advice you check Google by 1954 Americans were 70-80 %Christians .by 1984they were 60% Christians but now they are 40% .their layed down beliefs were Protestants(Pentecostal) who fled Europe during the Vatican persecution (Catholics). but now america is a free state

We are talking about founding fathers not refugees.
If Europe becomes 70% Muslim by the year 2100 going
by the high level of immigration will
you then claim that Europe was founded by the Muslims ?

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by erusen: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
neocortex:

We are talking about founding fathers not refugees.
If Europe becomes 70% Muslim by the year 2100 going
by the high level of immigration will
you then claim that Europe was founded by the Muslims ?
did you check Google the answer is no you didn't type founding father's religion and beliefs
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by vodkat: 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?

is it the millions running to europe and converting to christanity for asylum? when middle east is next door neigbhour. Mind u there is poverty in europe. the only abrnomality is footballers

the curse that is called islam killed how many nigerians last year? not to talk of the world

3 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by neocortex: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
erusen:
did you check Google the answer is no you didn't type founding father's religion and beliefs

If you truly did history , then you will know that checking Google is not
the definitive answer in this case.
Google will always give you whatever you want.

Kindly check out this links from google :
http://jeromekahn123.tripod.com/thinkersonreligion/id9.html
http://www.freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html

Don't be carried away by christian apologists' revision of history.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by amanikondo: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
MAYOR REFUSES TO REMOVE PORK FROM SCHOOL CANTEEN- MENU… EXPLAINS WHY

Muslim parents demanded the abolition of pork in all the school canteens of a Montreal suburb. The mayor of the Montreal suburb of Dorval has refused, and the town clerk sent a note to all parents to explain why…

“Muslims must understand that they have to adapt to Canada and Quebec, its customs, its traditions, its way of life, because that’s where they chose to immigrate. They must understand that they have to integrate and learn to live in Quebec. They must understand that it is for them to change their lifestyle, not the Canadians who so generously welcomed them.

“They must understand that Canadians are neither racist nor xenophobic; they accepted many immigrants before Muslims (whereas the reverse is not true, in that Muslim states do not accept non-Muslim immigrants). That no more than other nations, Canadians are not willing to give up their identity, their culture. And if Canada is a land of welcome, it’s not the Mayor of Dorval who welcomes foreigners, but the Canadian-Quebecois people as a whole.

“Finally, they must understand that in Canada (Quebec) with its Judeo-Christian roots, Christmas trees, churches and religious festivals, religion must remain in the private domain. The municipality of Dorval was right to refuse any concessions to Islam and Sharia. For Muslims who disagree with secularism and do not feel comfortable in Canada, there are 57 beautiful Muslim countries in the world, most of them under-populated and ready to receive them with open halal arms in accordance with Sharia.

“If you left your country for Canada, and not for other Muslim countries, it is because you have considered that life is better in Canada than elsewhere. Ask yourself the question, just once, “Why is it better here in Canada than where you come from?”

“A canteen with pork is part of the answer.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by erusen: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
neocortex:

If you truly did history , then you will know that checking Google is not
the definitive answer in this case.
Google will always give you whatever you want.
okay nice meeting you let's focus on our country anyway
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by atlwireles: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
[s]
ISpiksDaTroof:
Talk about what you know. We're not brainless savages over here.
[/s]

This Taxi driver, when will you stop yabbing about stuff above your pay grade?
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by thamarvelz(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
kay29000:
It is hard to imagine America with a Muslim president...Like having a black James Bond.

that its difficult to imagine doesn't mean its impossible.. Besides, the new James Bond is black anyway
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by yetunsbay(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
peppyluv02:
And you reasonable fellows are dying to go there. Why don't you chose or prefer to migrate to the Middle East. And why are the refugees all running to Europe. What about Saudi? Or is there war in every Muslim nation? Looking for peaceful countries to destroy..na una way.

mention me the day US becomes part of Europe
All the same within you , you know the truth
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by basille(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
Renowned Neurosurgeon turned Religious Bigot. Interesting.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by damyzino(m): 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
Imortal001:
Why?
they know that a muslim leader will bring an end to their gay trash :-/
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
US is not part of Europe but please leave liberal nations and go to your God forsaken territories.
yetunsbay:
mention me the day US becomes part of Europe
All the same within you , you know the truth
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
There are lots of gays in Kano and other northern states.....the gays been thrown off buildings by ISIS are also muslims.
So end it amongst yourselves first before helping others.

damyzino:

they know that a muslim leader will bring an end to their gay trash :-/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by yetunsbay(m): 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
peppyluv02:
US is not part of Europe but please leave liberal nations and go to your God forsaken territories.
OK
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by An2elect2(f): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
kraftykc:
Have you all read exactly what he said:

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," the retired neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Carson, was asked Sunday whether a president's faith should matter to voters.

"I guess it depends on what that faith is," he said. "If it's inconsistent with the values and principles of America, then of course it should matter. But if it fits within the realm of America and consistent with the Constitution, no problem."

I honestly don't see what the matter is here. Which true Muslim will seat and allow guys get married? How about allow Satanists erect monuments in cities and hold rallies??
America is not built for real religious people, only eye-servicers can win that seat.[/i]That's why Carson won't win and neither will any Muslim of true belief.

[i]BOLD*There lies the truth about american politics…so gently it sits on the minds of the wise
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by kinglekan: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
my first post goes with the fact that he picked on a particular religion. Check how trump answered the question. He could have said, 'if we have american muslims, and are qualified in the eye of the law to contest, since the constitution is supreme, there is that possibility of having a muslim president'. Since the power to vote rest with the electorates, they should be allowed to decide either they'd vote a muslim or not.
Again, check the lady I quoted in my second post and, u'd see what I meant. She was saying since a xtain cant be the president of dubai, a muslim cant be the POTUS...as if xtianity is the official religion of the US. So I had to tell her that it is equally impossible for a muslim to be pm of isreal since it is only dubai she saw to mention.

Now I get your point.

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by mhbabanna: 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lilimax:
Glad to know that a lot of Americans are beginning reason with their head. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed Waiting for that day a Christian will become the president or whatever they call it in U.A.E.
Have to wait till eternity
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by simdam500(m): 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
coolitempa:

Stop dreaming......and think about now.... cheesy....there are more Catholics alone than all Muslims put together.... cheesy

cheesy cheesy point!
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
I am sure that even American Muslims will not vote in a muslim there.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by kay29000(m): 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
thamarvelz:

that its difficult to imagine doesn't mean its impossible.. Besides, the new James Bond is black anyway

The new James Bond is not black, stop spreading false news. They just have a black guy doing the voice for a James bond eBook. Daniel Craig is still playing the role of James bond.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by fscream(m): 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
ALISMILE:
Yes! I ve been waiting for this! Thank God they ve finally admitted it! True, Islam and US values can never, I mean neva go in same direction! The immoral values as engrained in the system of tins in d US is in total disagreement with the spirit of Islam! Homosexuality, lesbianism, prostitution, bestiality(sleeping with animals), alcoholism, drugs and high societal immorality ar values that we muslims, no matter the circumstance, will never compromise! Islam does not compromise evil, unlike christianity where anytin goes! Am sooooooo happy my religion is Islam!
Ur foolishness is beyond description.. All ur Muslim brothers from Yemen,Syria,Iraq,Afghan,etc av killed demsef so tey they r all desperately running in thousands to Europe n America courtesy of "peaceful relign". You r lucky u r not in any of those ur Muslim countries or in Borno.when they bomb u and ur spirit plus maybe some of ur *****y, then ul av sudden sense like my friend Mujaheed .

By the way, Mujaheed just came from evening church service and I need him to relay today's message for me...so am out
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Lilimax(f): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
Kennydoc:

I really hate it when you Muslims boast about how Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Muslims are given a free hand to practice their religion in the western world, even to the point of building imposing mosques. There is no integration of Christianity into government policies in those countries. People are even free to denounce Christianity and accept Islam, which is often celebrated on the pages of newspapers and on social media.

In the Middle East however, the situation is exactly the opposite. Islam has been integrated into the government of those nations, making it very difficult to practice another religion. Renouncing of Islam has to be done in secret otherwise it will be met with death, which is the sentence for apostasy. People even go ahead to kill their siblings or children who renounce Islam, calling it honour killing. Are you aware that many Muslims are daily being converted to Christianity in Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia etc, but they can't open up on their conversion for the sake of their lives.

Why is there no freedom of choice in Islam? Why can't people be allowed to choose which lifestyle or religion they desire in the Muslim world?
Until the Muslim world adopts democratic governance in their Nations, they should stop celebrating any advantage they gain from democracy in the Western (mostly Christian) Nations.
Spot on bro!
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Lilimax(f): 10:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
4stylz:
Muslims are the problem the world is having;

I support this
True!

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Lilimax(f): 10:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
4stylz:
Muslims are the problem the world is having;

I support this
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by wiseoneking: 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*
Are you also a Jihadist?
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by nigerianvenom(m): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lilimax:
Glad to know that a lot of Americans are beginning reason with their head. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed Waiting for that day a Christian will become the president or whatever they call it in U.A.E.

Minutes ago, i never agreed with that Ben carson's state but this ur write up changed my view instantly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama / 75-Year-Old Woman Marries A 27yr Old Man...says 'love Has No Age Limit' / Belarus Foreign Minister, Vladimir Makei, Killed By Russian Assassins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.