Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (45053 Views)

Saudi Military, Noa Advocate Alternative Narrative On Terrorism. / Why Do Blacks Disrespect Ben Carson? / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Lilimax(f): 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
amanikondo:
MAYOR REFUSES TO REMOVE PORK FROM SCHOOL CANTEEN- MENU… EXPLAINS WHY

Muslim parents demanded the abolition of pork in all the school canteens of a Montreal suburb. The mayor of the Montreal suburb of Dorval has refused, and the town clerk sent a note to all parents to explain why…

“Muslims must understand that they have to adapt to Canada and Quebec, its customs, its traditions, its way of life, because that’s where they chose to immigrate. They must understand that they have to integrate and learn to live in Quebec. They must understand that it is for them to change their lifestyle, not the Canadians who so generously welcomed them.

“They must understand that Canadians are neither racist nor xenophobic; they accepted many immigrants before Muslims (whereas the reverse is not true, in that Muslim states do not accept non-Muslim immigrants). That no more than other nations, Canadians are not willing to give up their identity, their culture. And if Canada is a land of welcome, it’s not the Mayor of Dorval who welcomes foreigners, but the Canadian-Quebecois people as a whole.

“Finally, they must understand that in Canada (Quebec) with its Judeo-Christian roots, Christmas trees, churches and religious festivals, religion must remain in the private domain. The municipality of Dorval was right to refuse any concessions to Islam and Sharia. For Muslims who disagree with secularism and do not feel comfortable in Canada, there are 57 beautiful Muslim countries in the world, most of them under-populated and ready to receive them with open halal arms in accordance with Sharia.

“If you left your country for Canada, and not for other Muslim countries, it is because you have considered that life is better in Canada than elsewhere. Ask yourself the question, just once, “Why is it better here in Canada than where you come from?”

“A canteen with pork is part of the answer.”

Lmao! This mayor deserves an award! Afterall you dear not go to Saudi Aràbia and dictate to them how to dress if you're a Christian lipsrsealed Afterall, no be only them sabi how to practice religion. Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by wiseoneking: 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?
Biological increase of course not by conversion. Just producing children that are prone to terrorism. That is what we are seeing in Nigeria today, later they will be a terror to my organised well planned christian home and nation. Though the popultation increases, the poverty rate, illeracy, mortality rate widens compare to that of the Christians. Thats a bad omen. Are you happy seeing the muslims as the face of poverty, illeracy, terrorism, beggars etc all over the world even here in Nigeria?.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by nigerianvenom(m): 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
coolitempa:

Stop dreaming......and think about now.... cheesy....there are more Catholics alone than all Muslims put together.... cheesy

Hahahaha u are funny but u may be right. Most peeps that calls themselves muslims actually are not, but only claim to be one for fear of bin killed
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Rushdiesel: 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?
Numbers my black ass.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by afrika(f): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
The truth is that extremists re bound to be. Christians re known for their evangelism while Islam is know for its force. Any which way, people must learn to believe in true words
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Sultanchidi(m): 11:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
stanech:
I agree with him. Obama is the first and last.
Obama is nt a Muslim, do ur research b4 commenting
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by fscream(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
yetunsbay:
mention me the day US becomes part of Europe
All the same within you , you know the truth

Hope u know there is no description of "heaven" in Quran for women? It only gives mundane benefits that awaits men..

Or ain't u thinking of life after death? Abi u never study ur Quran reach there

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Koolmexxi(m): 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
jcross19:
can a christian rule turkey? Malaysia?,indonesia?,morocco? Tunisia?,libya,iran?, all you people opposing what he said are hypocrites and morons.
Ur eagerness to comment shouldn't make u lose ur sense of reasoning. If u had read my post well then u probably would have understood the point I'm making. How many of the countries u listed actually respects human rights and recognises everyone as a Freeborn where it's citizens enjoy freedom jus like the US? America prides itself as a free nation and as such always wants to be seen as a model by the rest of the world even against their better judgement becos everyone knows America is seen as the enemy number 1 in the arab/Muslim world. But in their role as a symbol or model dat embraces all races and religion, they cannot be seen to hold religious or racial sentiments and same goes for whoever is eyeing the oval Office because he's not just the American president but a world leader and an example for the rest of the developing democracies. My point now is even if he has religious sentiments, his voicing it will affect his chances of going to the white house.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Koolmexxi(m): 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:

I like how you people like to come up with facts and figures to give unaself hope. Well if by fastest growing U mean slaughtering and killing off non-Muslims and forceful conversion and perpetration of violence under it's name then YES.. Islam is really on a roll...
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
cococandy:
If Muslims could keep their religion to themselves without disturbing the peace and freedom of others, many people wouldn't share Ben Carson's opinions.
I agree with you and they like to force their barbaric ideologies on others!That can never happened in a free world like USA.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ALISMILE(m): 11:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
fscream:

Ur foolishness is beyond description.. All ur Muslim brothers from Yemen,Syria,Iraq,Afghan,etc av killed demsef so tey they r all desperately running in thousands to Europe n America courtesy of "peaceful relign". You r lucky u r not in any of those ur Muslim countries or in Borno.when they bomb u and ur spirit plus maybe some of ur *****y, then ul av sudden sense like my friend Mujaheed .

By the way, Mujaheed just came from evening church service and I need him to relay today's message for me...so am out

who caused problems fr our pple there? Iraq and Syria were doin fine, who brot prob? Same America! They destroyed Lybia, Syria Afghan! Leave us alone! Face urs and let us face ours!

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Philipsdael(m): 12:10am On Sep 22, 2015
Religion is a pure curse to this world. Woe betide all the initiators of religious ideology. May their dead souls keep being strangled.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by chineloSA(f): 12:42am On Sep 22, 2015
Kennydoc:

I really hate it when you Muslims boast about how Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Muslims are given a free hand to practice their religion in the western world, even to the point of building imposing mosques. There is no integration of Christianity into government policies in those countries. People are even free to denounce Christianity and accept Islam, which is often celebrated on the pages of newspapers and on social media.

In the Middle East however, the situation is exactly the opposite. Islam has been integrated into the government of those nations, making it very difficult to practice another religion. Renouncing of Islam has to be done in secret otherwise it will be met with death, which is the sentence for apostasy. People even go ahead to kill their siblings or children who renounce Islam, calling it honour killing. Are you aware that many Muslims are daily being converted to Christianity in Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia etc, but they can't open up on their conversion for the sake of their lives.

Why is there no freedom of choice in Islam? Why can't people be allowed to choose which lifestyle or religion they desire in the Muslim world?
Until the Muslim world adopts democratic governance in their Nations, they should stop celebrating any advantage they gain from democracy in the Western (mostly Christian) Nations.

Spot on. Particularly their Head Office ( Saudi Arabia ).

The government/religion even bars social interaction between foreigners and locals. And as foreigners we do what is done from dressing to everything. There is no freedom to practice your own.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by mikolo80: 12:50am On Sep 22, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*
what is offensive about not welcoming ppotential suicide bombers and women beaters,preventers(from driving ,sports,job,marriage choice)and killers
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by nyabinghi(m): 1:52am On Sep 22, 2015
christianity is shyte a religion for gays and lesbians a religion where a human being that was killed like a criminal has been deified, the same america where racism has a deep root, the same america with the highest cases of suicide, rape, homicide christianity has lost value like global currency, islam is based on core values unlike christianity that is a pure hoax

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by vodkat: 3:38am On Sep 22, 2015
nyabinghi:
christianity is shyte a religion for gays and lesbians a religion where a human being that was killed like a criminal has been deified, the same america where racism has a deep root, the same america with the highest cases of suicide, rape, homicide christianity has lost value like global currency, islam is based on core values unlike christianity that is a pure hoax

islam is a bigoted religion look at how they treat women -like animals. Islam is still going to degenerate further

Even though chrisitanity in not perfect all those syrians running away from middle east to christain land and in saudi arabia and dubai have not accepted 1.

Look at the problem they cause in Nigeria and Middle East amongst others

they will gather and when they reach thousands or hundreds of thousand they will say they want sharia . From sharia to killing innocent ppl.

In 1999 they started in the North with sharia by that crook called sani ahmed yerima, after shouting for sharia look at borno and yobe state, people have lost all their property because they are possesed by this evil called islam

5 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by vodkat: 3:47am On Sep 22, 2015
meanwhile Saudi Arabia has empty tents with AC that can house millions but turn blind eye.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by vodkat: 4:04am On Sep 22, 2015
DEm bring Sorrow Tears and Blood dem regular trademark

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by nyabinghi(m): 4:12am On Sep 22, 2015
vodkat:

islam is a bigoted religion look at how they treat women -like animals. Islam is still going to degenerate further

Even though chrisitanity in not perfect all those syrians running away from middle east to christain land and in saudi arabia and dubai have not accepted 1.

Look at the problem they cause in Nigeria and Middle East amongst others

they will gather and when they reach thousands or hundreds of thousand they will say they want sharia . From sharia to killing innocent ppl.

In 1999 they started in the North with sharia by that crook called sani ahmed yerima, after shouting for sharia look at borno and yobe state, people have lost all their property because they are possesed by this evil called islam
you are a fool, that isnt islam, remove ur blindfold
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by vodkat: 4:15am On Sep 22, 2015
Why this ppl they do like crase ppl

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by vodkat: 4:18am On Sep 22, 2015
nyabinghi:
you are a fool, that isnt islam, remove ur blindfold

Keep deceiving ur self ur the bigger fool.

the ultimate role model of muslim is mohammed and he did all tis and more. Abi u no read ur kora

Na to dey throw ur smelly yansh for air una sabi

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by vodkat: 4:25am On Sep 22, 2015
The true Five Pillars of Islam are: Slaughter, Intolerance, Oppression, Hatred, and Global Dominion, because Muhammad was a slaughterer, intolerant, oppressive, hateful, and drove his armies to destroy everything and everyone that stood in the way of his establishment of a world caliphate.

Muhammad said to the people of Mecca, “I have brought slaughter to you,” then he beheaded every Jewish male, young and old.

Anwar Tarawneh holds a photo of her husband Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh, before he was burned alive by ISIS.
Anwar Tarawneh holds a photo of her husband Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh, before he was burned alive by ISIS.
ISIS immolated Jordanian pilot Muath al-Kaseasbeh, because Muhammad burned people alive.

When the leader of the Jewish Bani al-Nadir tribe refused to reveal the location of his tribe’s treasures, Muhammad ordered his soldiers to “Torture him until you extract what he has.” So a fire was built on the chest of Kinanah bin al-Rabi. Again, when some of his men resisted Muhammad’s planned attack against the Byzantines at Tabuk, the prophet commanded that they be burned alive in the house where they were meeting.

ISIS enslaves and rapes women because Muhammad did, even when he took a six-year-old little girl as his wife and consummated their union when she turned nine.

ISIS mutilates and crucifies men, women, and children because its prophet did. When ISIS hurled a homosexual man from a tower, and the crowd waiting below stoned him to death after they saw that he had survived, they were only following the example of their prophet who stoned homosexuals.

The only difference between 1,400 years of slaughter by Muslims, who follow the practices of Muhammad, and the carnage carried out today by ISIS is that today’s atrocities are broadcast throughout the world by social media.

Unexpectedly, social media has also made ISIS a blessing to the Muslim world, enabling Muslims to see the true face of Islam.

Hatred is what your religion requires of you, not just ritual washings. Slaughter is what your prophet demands of you, not just daily prayers. To follow Islam is to commit your life to jihad, to the destruction or subjugation of all non-Muslims in the name of the god of Islam.

But thanks to ISIS, you can free yourself from the lies of Hezbollah, Hamas, and Al-Jazeera, if you have the courage. They cannot protect you from a western conspiracy, because there is none. Your enemy is Islam, not America.

When you recognize that ISIS is Islam, you free yourself from the naiveté of world leaders who tell you that ISIS is an anomaly of Islam, leaders that, I am sorry to say, include US President Barack Obama, who told CNN’s Fareed Zakaria recently that, “There is an element growing out of Muslim communities in certain parts of the world that have perverted the religion, have embraced a nihilistic, violent, almost medieval interpretation of Islam.”

But it is those who deny that Islam is “nihilistic, violent, almost medieval” who have perverted the religion.

ISIS is Islam. Religion by the sword. Religion by intolerance and violence. Religion commanded by its prophet to conquer the world, behead apostates, mutilate thieves, crucify nonmuslims, and stone everyone that engages in sexual relations that disagree with Muslim laws and practices.

ISIS has torn the mask from Islam, giving the Muslim world a choice for the first time in fourteen centuries.

Choose Islam, and you choose ISIS, because they are indistinguishable. Reject ISIS, and you reject Islam, because they are one.

ISIS must be stopped, yes. It is a threat to every nation’s security. More than that, it is a threat to the evolution of human consciousness. But it is not the sole problem of America and the West. It is, first and foremost, the responsibility of Muslims and Arabs. And the armies of Jordan, Egypt, UAE, and others are well equipped to deal with it. Western intervention will only create more chaos and reinforce the illusion of a Middle East/Western conflict.

Like Libya and Yemen, ISIS is a tribal conflict, not a political one. The Islamic State is the Sunni backlash against domination and persecution by minority Shi’a Muslims in Iraq and the ruling Alawite minority of Syria.

Islam hates everything that is not Islam. And just as fresh water and salt water cannot flow from the same spring, love and goodness cannot flow from a religion that is established on hatred and violence.

As long as Muslims refuse to take a strong and aggressive stand against terrorism, they must share responsibility for the continuing atrocities. The hour has come for every Muslim to choose to be human or inhuman, noble or criminal.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 4:31am On Sep 22, 2015
nyabinghi:
As if there is no discrimination in Islam. The Arab Muslims even started the trading on Africans as slaves before Europeans. Get your head checked because you are insane.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by nyabinghi(m): 6:44am On Sep 22, 2015
vodkat:

Keep deceiving ur self ur the bigger fool.

the ultimate role model of muslim is mohammed and he did all tis and more. Abi u no read ur kora

Na to dey throw ur smelly yansh for air una sabi
this was the same way jesus worshipped yahweh, u xtians are pathetic, u think squeezing women's boobs is the way to worship God and dancing to some R and B. Hell is your abode.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by nyabinghi(m): 6:47am On Sep 22, 2015
all4naija:

As if there is no discrimination in Islam. The Arab Muslims even started the trading on Africans as slaves before Europeans. Get your head checked because you are insane.
you are a demented did prophet Mohammed(s.a.w) not abolish slavery. The fist muezzin was even a sudanese black bilal, your are uneducated.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by mizvee(f): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*
it's your WAHALA!

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by pelmart: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2015
ISLAM IS ANTITHETICAL TO DEMOCRATIC VALUES
Islam is shown as hateful, disagreeing, violent.
Ben Carson so right because as he is concerned, USA constitutional rules and democratic values can not be in way with islam (hateful aggressive intolerable hegemony)
i wonder why he, carson, wouldn't mention Satanism, Buddhism, taoism, lucifism, as antithetical? It clear, they all continually make their belief and themselves to be peaceful loving tolerant not aggressive unlike 95% muslims (BBC Poll on support for ISLAMIC STATE, IS)
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by mart2k(m): 8:18am On Sep 22, 2015
So, if a muslim emerge as U.S president,who wil contain d activities of muslim terrorists in d middle east who are terrorising d whole world. I know it wil never happen even if a CHRISTIAN rules Saudi Arabia.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by JustCurious: 8:28am On Sep 22, 2015
Carson Stands By His Comment

"The first issue I want to deal with tonight is the stories
today about my comments yesterday when I was asked
if I would support a hypothetical Muslim candidate for
President. I responded “I would not advocate for that”
and I went on to say that many parts of Sharia Law are
not compatible with the Constitution. I was immediately
attacked by some of my Republican peers and nearly
every Democrat alive. Know this, I meant exactly what I
said. I could never support a candidate for President of
the United States that was Muslim and had not
renounced the central tenant of Islam: Sharia Law.
Those Republicans that take issue with my position are
amazing. Under Islamic Law, homosexuals – men and
women alike – must be killed. Women must be
subservient. And people following other religions must be
killed.

I know that there are many peaceful Muslims who do not
adhere to these beliefs. But until these tenants are fully
renounced…I cannot advocate any Muslim candidate for
President.

…I also can’t advocate supporting Hillary Clinton either
by the way. " #HisFacebookPage

He has his points, after all..

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by BALLOSKI: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2015
mizvee:
it's your WAHALA!
it is our wahala.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by hertz9te(m): 9:55am On Sep 22, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

see you so you can even read.......us was founded on the basis of Christianity........it has a christian foundation......it's just like saying a Muslim becomes the president of Israel,,how e wan take happen ....I don't expect people to reap where they did not sow.... lubbish

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Sheikwonder(m): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2015
Seun:
Ben Carson could have been the second black president of the US. He has a compelling life story and the humble, "not one of the bad ones" temperament that a black politician must have in order to get a lot of white votes. But his political skills are not up to the required level. I don't know why people like to enter politics from the top. You don't start politics by being elected president. You have to start small and acquire skills. I think Ben Carson truly believes that God wants him to run for the presidency straightaway, and that strong faith is his stumbling block.

The same argument could be made against Trump.What public post has he held prior to now? He is similarly "starting from the top" as you put it...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

75-Year-Old Woman Marries A 27yr Old Man...says 'love Has No Age Limit' / Belarus Foreign Minister, Vladimir Makei, Killed By Russian Assassins / Trump During BLM Protest VS When His Supporters Invaded The US Capitol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.