Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,953 members, 7,814,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding (4487 Views)

Love Versus Infatuation-1 / True Love Versus Infatuation / True Love Versus Respect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Falciparum(m): 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2006
Do Humans Truly Exhibit True Love? Or It Just Compatibility And Understanding

Sincerely I don't think i have ever felt love or had it returned after i have served it out. People have shown me love and i havent returned it as much as i should.

What i believe exist is compatibility and understanding . if true Love did really exist we wouldn't do a lot of what we do to hurt people. We do like and appreciate people and this is most times based on material substances like looks and whatever but this things change and so also our appreciation.

I really want to know if i am the only one who feels this is what is it or whatever i want y'all to share your views and ideas.
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by iice(f): 8:06am On Oct 07, 2006
I feel ya, i have seen true love sha in some couples
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by mimigirl(f): 8:59am On Oct 07, 2006
Just simple and honest
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by odada(m): 9:16am On Oct 07, 2006
don't really understand what you mean by exhibiting true love?being compactible sexually is one of the major pointers in keeping a relationship,in other words if you are happy making love to your partner then you will happy to love them and be with them for the rest of your life
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Falciparum(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2006
I believe what long lasting couples do have is plain understanding and when i said being compactible i did not mean sexually but that they are able to co- habit in peace and harmony as best of friends. true Friends do not posses "love" but unparallel understanding.
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by macalurs(m): 3:02am On Jan 05, 2007
love is a subjective term.

"LOVE" is only a word. What matters is the connection the word implies.
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Seun(m): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2007
I don't see the difference between "true love" and "comptibility and understanding".
"True love" is a fictional concept that filmmakers use to sell movies. Real life love is compatibility and understanding!!
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by marlet01(m): 10:26am On Jan 06, 2007
@ Seun

That's true, in this life love is all about been compactible with your partner and also understanding.
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Gamine(f): 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2007
@ Seun nd Marlet
U guys nailed it
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2007
APART FROM COMPATIBILITY AND UNDERSTANDING, ANOTHER THING THAT MATTERS SO MUCH IN A RELATIONSHIP IS TRUST. IF BOTH THERE CAN BE TRUST, GUSHHHHH YOU GAT NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. BUT WHO CAN BE TRUSTED THESE DAYZ? YOU ARE THERE THINKING YOUR GIRL IS FAITHFUL AND SHE'S THERE SCREEWING ANOTHER GUY(S) WHAT A SHAME,
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Gamine(f): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2007
ewoma it goes the same way too!
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by fellow(m): 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2007
Well don't think there's a difference between the 2 of them. The only difference would be how we view them
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Rhea(f): 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2007
Love (be it true or false) is what people feel (or think they do) for each other when they get to meet each other for the first time and feel like getting it on.

Compatibility and understanding comes to the foreground when marriage and commitment stares them in the face.

Ever wondered why best friends and lovers spend years exchanging the same old phrase (I love you), only for one party to remember (some years down the line) that they are not compatible even though they've been dating since Majek Fashek sent down the rain?

If understanding and compatibility is made a criteria from the word 'go', most relationships will eventually get to its climax (blissful marriage). Love becomes part of the ingredient (others include understanding, committment, honesty, patience, tolerance, discipline)

1 Like

Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by naija4life(f): 4:57pm On Jan 06, 2007
lmao, there's nothing like true love or fake love. Love, as a term, is relative and should be defined subject to the underlying issues, whether understanding, compatibility, comfortability, perseverance, and the lots
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by kenshin(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2007
I thing I do know Love has nothing to do with feelings,love that you cannot control or define is simply something else.
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by PHBABE(f): 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2007
This is a good one! First of all, i think true love does exist. But it comes with time. compatibility and understanding will definitely help the love to grow between two people and make things easier. I have known two people who loved each other dearly but could not be together at the end of the day cuz they were not compatible so they remained best friends.

For two people to be married, love alone cant save them, they have to be compatible as well.

1 Like

Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by edmondo(m): 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2007
no diff btw the two
there is no true love witout compatibility and understanding.

1 Like

Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Easyy(m): 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2007
Seun:

I don't see the difference between "true love" and "comptibility and understanding".
"True love" is a fictional concept that filmmakers use to sell movies. Real life love is compatibility and understanding!!

Spot on
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Yusufadeto(m): 8:30am On Jan 08, 2007
Two of them are different but they work hand in hand(together), if there is love between the partners and the partner are not compatible and if the partner did not understand oneother, no matter how hard they try to keep the relationship in tact, it will surely be broken because of the non present of the essential aspect of it.
How will u be with someone that u did not love, just because the person understand eachother and you are compatible, without the presence of love am not sure whether the relationship will be a happy one, romantic, enduring and as well faithful because true love is the greatest connection that bring inseperate partner together.
Am sure the presence of both r really essential in a relationship and am sure with this two in a relationship it will be an happy, long lasting, enduring and all sort of good aspect of any relationship. Hope i make any sense?
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Geolalisa(f): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2007
i agree with Seun,they all co-exist,but the word TRUST gat to be there.i strongly believe that true Love encompasses all these and much more.
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Adekan(f): 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2007
love is not a feeling like most people think. love is a decision. you choose to love the one you want to love. mind you people just use word love. not everbody has the ability to love. it takes one who knows God to love. love is based on godly character, so if you think you are able to love think about again check out the book of ICori thians 13vs1-14. if u ca do all of that then u can love. sex has nothing to do with love. u can sleep with anyone under the right conditions, the person only has to be attractive to u. always remember that God alone is love, and so to love u can only draw from Him.
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Easyy(m): 1:45pm On Jan 08, 2007
Adekan has a good spirit.
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Mystique(f): 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2007
True love exists (i think), but i'll rather have compatibility and understanding, cuz what if u're in a relationship with a person you 'truly love' buy u're not compatible, and there's no understanding??, Trust me, such a relationship will NOT last, grin
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by MyPeace(f): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2007
Love does not make a relationship. I quite a relationshp from a guy i love so much, he couldnt believe it. Compartibility, understanding and trust matters most, love is interwoven with the three anyway.
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by toyboy1(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2007
love is just wat sums up all these words. i.e compartibility, understanding, trust, mutual feelings, sacrificial giving and letting go, admist others.
if all these are in, then love exist in such a relationship
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by ndbest(m): 12:48pm On Jan 11, 2007
Presently, my best friend is finding it so hard to quit a relationship that is engulfed wit disputes. sometimes i pity him cos he seem trapped in love. So for me love stands distinctly from understanding, compartibility, trust and the rest if 'em; they only determine whether a love will go sore or grow stronger, A book 'opposites attracts' by Tim La'haye explains better.
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by meezcheef(m): 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2007
I think true luv encompasses both understanding and compatibility. Don't try to seperate them. They belong 2 one family. wink
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by breezy: 7:39pm On Jan 17, 2007
can an ss marry an as/ss cos of love
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Seun(m): 12:25am On Jan 18, 2007
Not unless they don't want to have children naturally. See this post about the issue.

About the difference between "true love" and compatibility/understanding/appreciation? There's absolutely none!
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2007
@falcipawhatever, is like there is no guy out there that is ready to love and share. i don hold my self any way
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by osegwu(m): 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2007
Photo trick in the in the movie industry, true love is
Re: 'True Love' Versus Campatibility And Understanding by iknick: 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2007
Well it's amazing how this topic has gain a lots of popularity and well meaning and interested men and women has expressed their views in this very matter in the past. And i must confess that am most delighted to opine my views, well b4 now i have atticulated the minds of some folks on this same issue and i consulted some authors too still was not satisfied with the responds reasons being that they all spoke well and intelligently though i must say but it was from their individual piont of view hence was not absolute. Still with a currious mind i decided to ask the all knowing , God and He referred me to His word the Bible, (the manual for man). When i was done i realize that  the popular saying that "you don't give what you don't have" is indeed true which means like what Adekan said it takes God's to be able to 1st love yourself and then some else. Now the joker here is How much do YOU love yourself? will determine how much you can love someone else and when one does not have God inside, he can only love based on conditionalities. Mind you the subject LOVE is different from relationship and friendship. Compatibility and understanding are just the ingredience of friendship, permit me to expain in a second these varrious terms, and how they are related, Love is God as simple as that so outside God what u have could perhaps be reciprocations of mere feeling which could be inspired by lost, infatuation, hormones yes hormones b'cos it's this biological component that''s responsible for homesuxuality coupled with evil spirits. And others conditions like facial look, talents and material aquisations (money). Friendship is God's gift to us so we can co relate and co inhabit  and the beauty of friendship is that is based on Respect, the Joy of friendship is that based on Trust while the Strenght of friendship is that is based on LOVE. This is what it takes for two to be in relationship and the relation btw them is friendship which they share in common just as the relation btw you and your biological maternal parent is that she is your mother. In other words relationship simply means to be related,  two folks or more having something in common in a ship,  And haven given a clear picture of these terms you can now deduce that any friendship or relationship without God (Love) is weak (strenghtless) hence can't stand the test of time or doesn't end well. And if u don't have it then u can't give it to someone else as simple as A.B.C, on this note i rest my case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What My Heartless Girlfriend Did To Me This Christmas / I Proposed To Her And She Said Yes And Her Parents Agreed Too. / Interesting: See The Average Face Of Women From 40 Different Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.