Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? (6464 Views)

Tpia Is A Godfearing Person, I Dont Find Cheating Attractive. Caveat Emptor / Male Teachers And Attractive Female Students / Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by Sonye(f): 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2009
@ shilling

spot on wink

never go for the looks. go for the personality. Even if other pple look better than him when u step out, u need to check if he's got great confidence and personality. Vor me, i like to go with intelligence. you don't always find that in good looking pple tongue

So please, do not make decisions based on looks cos that is what you will have to live with for the rest of ur life, just looks
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by wakagirl: 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2009
Dis reminds me of a lady who i was with one day where she works and a coleaque of hers came in adn they were talking about an ex coleaque who was disturbing her to marry her in her old work place, this lady was telling her friend how ugly the guy was and all that and that he even had a tribal mark and that was why she could not marry him, another friend came in and met them on the topic and now informed them that the guy has made it now o infact he is a big boy now and married with kids, and has a very big 4 3bed flat somewhere in Lagos where he lives with his family.

Come and see the look on anty Shade's face, she was shocked she couldnt hide her regret and accidentally said wao! how she wish she considered him then but for his ugly looks and tribal marks. The worst is that she eventually married a not too handsome man who also had tribal mark but she only married him when she realised no better person was coming and she was around 39, meanwhile the previous tribal mark man had left the company for another job where he became a big guy and she had to make do with another tribal jobless man. Life.
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by kablooee: 1:55pm On Apr 15, 2009
no word yet from poster?, This story was made up. anyway have fun deliberating on a "tales by nairaland"
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by Hotstepper(f): 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2009
u will be marveled that with time, u wont see him as being ugly
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by Iranoladun(f): 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2009
Love is the most vital part of a marriage in fact it is the bedrock. I advise you develop friendship with him 1st before considering marriage. About ugliness: there are so many 'ugly' people out there who are pleasant with proper grooming & basic hygene e.g. Hair, nails, teeth(dentist for scaling and polishing of teeth to remove plaque,brushing teeth regularly-at least twice daily), regular bath, roll-on, body spray, perfume, good dress sense etc
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by profy2k4(m): 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2009
let me tell you one thing, is either u accept him the way he his and love or you reject the proposal. marriage is a long term relationship which do not expire. if you love him,the way he his, you will work on him and the handsomeness in him will surely come out.
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by spikedcylinder: 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2009
server34:

It depends . . . @ Poster, are you attractive yourself? If not, then you shouldn't be bothered. Take myself for an example, I know I am very very ugly, so I decided to date a lady equally as ugly. Over 3 years now, we have not had any problems with our relationship. I know we were simply meant for each other.

shocked shocked shocked
Poor children. . . . undecided
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by bababuff(m): 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Poster
Learn to love the inner person in him, and not the face. If you make him beautiful or handsome now, you will be the one
complaining later that women are chasing him, or he is chasing women.

Love what you have.
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by chrystee: 3:15pm On Apr 15, 2009
wink Marriage is not the same as relationship.In marriage what you should look out for is his good qualities and not his looks.But even at that,u have to at least be proud to introduce him to people around you.If he looks scruffy,u can encourage him to have a haircut and a clean shave,wear clothes that fit and smell good.That and a good character will help you to overlook his ugliness.But above all he has to have a wonderful personality and self esteem. wink wink
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by amaechijay: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2009
I think we are in the same shoes but mine is that the guy is goodlooking and a little loaded but did not go to school.

I am used to seeing him around because we work in the building but different companies.

He makes grammatical errors sometimes and I quickly spot them out being a graduate of English but I find it difficult to correct him most times.

I need help too, what do I do?
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by mrperfect(m): 4:31pm On Apr 15, 2009
Well, we learn every day.
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by mafolayomi(f): 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2009
spikedcylinder:

shocked shocked shocked
Poor children. . . . undecided

grin grin, u ar a clown
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2009
///
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by adetunrayo(f): 5:21pm On Apr 15, 2009
Love is the ultimate.
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by lwise(m): 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2009
carry am go panel beater workshop
they know wat to do
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by biolabee(m): 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2009
amaechijay:

I think we are in the same shoes but mine is that the guy is goodlooking and a little loaded but did not go to school.

I am used to seeing him around because we work in the building but different companies.

He makes grammatical errors sometimes and I quickly spot them out being a graduate of English but I find it difficult to correct him most times.

encourage him to get online resources/cds on speaking better englsh
thats a start

encourage not denigrate
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by tpia: 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2009
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by aristocrat(m): 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2009
if u have any affection 4him go ahead but if u dont have any try and put a stop. iwill advice to stick to dat guy becos oko won lode. yes, true love is very scarce, any oppourtunity ggrab it. just try and create some love 4 dis guy cos something tells me 4rm insside dat d guy is ur husband.
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by samueloo(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2009
the best you can do to yourself is to look beyong the physical components the guy carries that makes you believe he is urgly, for your information there is no urgly guy, there are only urgly ladies, change your focus and u will see what d guy really carries.
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 15, 2009
@ Poster: why don't you create ur own husband by giving birth to it? Anonymous sperm donors abound with excellent facial and bodily qualities guaranteed!
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by IFELEKE(m): 8:18pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Poster,
Don't decieve yourself by hoping people will talk you into forgetting about his ugliness,It will never Go.

amaechijay:

Do you Love Him?
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by oropolaide: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2009
If you feel this way then don't do it think of the kids you would bring into this world and giving them bad looks when you see his face in the kids. And if they come from school saying someone decked me because you married dad and I look like this you have yourself to blamesmiley
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by mooretes: 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2009
hey! ive been reading a lot about marriage, divorce and remarriage and no im not considering any of the above but just a word of warning
marriage is a lifetime commitment, we should be well prepared before going into it as there is no exit sign, well maybe for me. If you marry someone becos he is the only person available and because of disappointments, the this is just telling you that you are obviously getting into it for the wrong reasons. Dont worry about it, just dump it all on God he already knows the end from the beginning and he knows what suits u. Do not MANAGE at all. Just so you know if you marry someone on the sole reason that they are beautiful/ugly or whatever, this will fade and you might find out you liked nothing about them in the first place. Meanwhile, love does not grow, if you dont like someone from word go, well u might like them later on but if u dont love someone from the onset, what guarantee or assurance have u got that you will love them in 10years time? A word they say is enough for the wife. A broken engagement is always better than a broken marriage.

May God lead you to make the right decision. Amen
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by blackweaver(m): 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2009
if you want to marry him do so,
if you don't want to, say no but do what YOU want to do
thsi is not the place to be seeking advice about who to marry
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by Biabeke(f): 12:00am On Apr 16, 2009
Desire2009, you may not like what I have to say, but someone needs to tell the truth. Firstly, you sound like a desperate spinster. Secondly, it is obvious that you do not love this man, otherwise you would not pay attention to his looks. There is nothing that can surpass inward beauty; not even amassed wealth can. If you do not love him now, then you will never love him. Please leave him for someone else who will love him, because everyone deserves to be loved .
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by ChuckWoody(m): 1:39am On Apr 16, 2009
Ezioko? Ewooooo! Eh?!

@poster, you must've been let down a helluva lot of times to be seriously considering settling with someone you can't stand the sight of, much less kiss.
I don't envy you.
You gotta ask yourself whether you can do it for life, cos if you can't fancy the look of that face then that's a life sentence darl.

My uncle used to tell me: "make sure you marry a pretty woman cos when she upsets you, just look at her face and you'll forgive her.
If you marry an ugly woman and she upsets you, you'll never forgive yourself!"
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by tpia: 1:42am On Apr 16, 2009
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by sammyzacks(m): 7:31am On Apr 16, 2009
looks are very deceptive.

maximize the period of your friendship to look out for more solid traits.
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by whassup: 8:42am On Apr 16, 2009
this is intresting,but please how ugly is he,his he as ugly as an orangotan if not why worry.anyway if u are looking at beauty it is one of those things but not paramount to a successive marriage.anyway dont u think its better for you at least those gals will look twice before chasing your husband and your husband too will look twice before chasing gals.thats by the way  thou just hear from God but if your heart is not down with it pls flee from marrying him so that you can be happy in life and your children will not be ugly especially if he has a dorminant gene for ugliness but dont forget looks is not all to a happy marriage why dont u just try and forget his looks and for more positive attitude of his which other handsome men will not give u
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by brutal(m): 9:18am On Apr 16, 2009
Truth be told-it's good 2 be presentable.abi pepper rest 4 d guy side. cry
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by desire2009: 10:55am On Apr 16, 2009
moved to first post
Re: He Is Not Attractive. What Can I Do? by eruchi: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2009
sorry dears sis,
ugliness is only physical i've come to know true beauty lies on the inside.
some very handsome men are beasts in d way they treat their women. you might have an angel in disguise please don't
lose him. pray for the grace to love him. How pretty are you self? nor take your hand troway better thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Made The Worst Mistake Of My Life / You Can Stop Your Husband's Extra-marital Affair / Busted, Cheating Husband Caught Red Handed By Wife In A Limousine With Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.