Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,257 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland (1529 Views)

The Journey Of The Boomba Master....My Experience With A Girl From Nairaland! / Help! !!! My Only Sister Is Bent On Marrying A Cripple / What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by mimigirl(f): 5:26am On Oct 07, 2006
What would you do when you found out on your first date that he/she is a cripple or somehow disabled?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by edygirl(f): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2006
If he didn't tell me when we spoke first prior to the date, I will leave him. I need somebody who is plain.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by mamaput(f): 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2006
A date is not a commitment.
using the word cripple is even worse than Nigger .
If i do not see myself as disabled, should i go around saying " Hi am disabled"?
As for falling bin love with someone you haver not seen. Well love is Blind as they say .
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by drrionelli(m): 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2006
@mimigirl and edygirl:
Let's define "crippled." What does it really mean? edygirl suggests it means "plain." I am sorry, but I don't know what that means. But let's consider this: Some people wear eyeglasses or contact lenses, so their vision is not perfect. Some people wear hearing aids, so they might miss out on some sounds. Some people have thin hair. Is this considered "plain?" If you have an ulcer, that will affect what you eat, so would this be a problem?

In other words, we all have something that makes us less than perfect. Why, then, should we show bias towards others for the same thing? If we were to develop disabilities, either because of illness or an accident, would we want others to shun us?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by edygirl(f): 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2006
You don't know what you are talking about. What do you think I meant?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by kokoletz(m): 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2006
Really dude no body is perfect but as edygirl she must have told me she is, but if she didnt she is not plain and d relationship is as good as saying goodbye.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Uche2nna(m): 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2006
Hi edygirl grin grin
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Uche2nna(m): 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2006
Plain probably means open and honest.At least that is the way I u/stood it.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by edygirl(f): 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2006
Hi buddy.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by edygirl(f): 11:12pm On Oct 08, 2006
Yeah that was what I meant. I don't need any surprises. If I were him, I would tell him that I am like this so there won't be any shock or sth.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by kokoletz(m): 11:14pm On Oct 08, 2006
Ya saying da truth lol, relationship is about transparency.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Uche2nna(m): 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2006
edygirl:

Yeah that was what I meant. I don't need any surprises. I was were him, I would tell him that I am like this so there won't be any shock or sth.
No need arguing with that cos is the truth.One have to be honest!If I find out that a girl is not really wat she made me to believe I will not hesistate to call it quits.It is better you throw ur cards on the table and if it is ok with both of u,fine,if it is not then it was not meant to be!No need playing the green snake under some green grass
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by mimigirl(f): 7:19am On Oct 09, 2006
Yes is good to be honest because you got no second chance to make first impression. @kokolet r u in lv with edygirl? Good luck
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by mimigirl(f): 7:24am On Oct 09, 2006
Yes is good to be honest because you got no second chance to make first impression. @kokolet r u in lv with edygirl? Good luck
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by omofineboy(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2006
Beauty is of the minds, though we attach great importance to physical ability, but the truth is that the real you is inside. No one is perfect really. I respect people becuase of what they have upstairs but definitely not how they look. I may go on with her if she meets up with my qualities not minding her disabilities.

1 Like

Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by mimigirl(f): 9:59am On Oct 09, 2006
@fineboy i like your sense of reasoning. After all every man is equal b4 GOD
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Seun(m): 11:15am On Oct 09, 2006
If I were him, I would tell him that I am like this so there won't be any shock or sth.

Have you been crippled before? How do you know what it's like to be disabled? Stop blabbing rubbish.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by edygirl(f): 2:46pm On Oct 09, 2006
You are the one blabbing rubbish. Do you think it's everyone that would deny dating you if you told him?her that you are crippled. It's hard but you should still be plain.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by kokoletz(m): 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2006
I hear u, do am make I see may b ur pple go gree for u
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by kokoletz(m): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2006
I hear u, do am make I see may b ur pple go gree for u
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by kokoletz(m): 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2006
@mimigirl na somebody like u dey make our wives dey sack us for bed. Well am in love wit all d babes in Nairaland including U because all of u are nt only beautiful bt also intelligent 2 u all I dof my cap but d only person dt owns my heart is no 1 else than my Angel Kiki unless u wnt to change ur name to kako so dt u can share my heart wit her.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by mimigirl(f): 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2006
@kokolet oh! Sorry. Mrs. Kokolet plz do serve tonights all night dinner. I am just a waka pass friend to him
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by CrazyMan(m): 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2006
May God forgive me.
I can't date a handicap.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by edygirl(f): 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2006
That is why he/she should tell you so you will know in time instead of going out there just to embarrass him or her. I guess that would hurt the crippled person. I don't have a problem dating them. A date is just a date but I can't marry them even though they didn't choose to be that way.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by CrazyMan(m): 8:35pm On Oct 09, 2006
@ edygirl
you have a point there you know.
but let's face the facts here. we all know that it isn't easy going out with a cripple.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by edygirl(f): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2006
It's ahrd though but sb has to love them.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by kokoletz(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2006
Edygirl though its hard really, very hard indeed bt aren't we not d one to love them.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by CrazyMan(m): 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2006
edygirl:

It's ahrd though but sb has to love them.

Yes you are right someone's got to love them. they are all God's creations and they need love from all of us. i don't doubt that.
what am saying is that i can't date or marry them.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by kokoletz(m): 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2006
Then u ain't got no luv for them man, assuming u are in there positn which I never pray to happen wnt u get married?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by drrionelli(m): 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2006
OK, let's look at it this way,

As I read the original post, the suggestion is that this is a so-called "blind date," meaning that the person with whom you are supposed to meet for the date is somebody whom you have never seen.  Am I correct in this interpretation?

If that is the case, then how much information do you require from that person?  More importantly, how much information are you required to provide to them?  Eye colour?  Blood type?  Medical history?  Where does it end?

The ONLY reason you might need to know about another's disability is if doing so will allow you to make the encounter more accessible.  For example, if somebody uses a wheelchair, neither you, nor they, would want to plan a date that would entail going up or down a lot of stairs.  And people with disabilities will let you know if something of that nature is going to be a potential problem for them. 

@edygirl:  I apologize for not understanding what you meant by being "plain."  As you know, many people from many different countries visit this site.  Their respective usages of colloquialisms surely will not be understood by all, myself included.

@omofineboy:  Indeed, your words are eloquent and true!  We should consider abilities rather than disablilities.  We must embrace people for the things which they are, rather than the things they are not.

@crazykid:  With all due respect, please remember that you're dating a person, not a handicap.  After all, what's a handicap to you might be simply an inconvenience to another person.

(1) (Reply)

How Can You Make Your Partner Believe In You? / In Love Wit Friend's Elder Sister / How Do We Overcome Loneliness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.