Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland (2680 Views)

The Journey Of The Boomba Master....My Experience With A Girl From Nairaland! / He's Very Rich And Handsome BUT He's A Cripple...:girls, Can U Marry Him?? / Help! !!! My Only Sister Is Bent On Marrying A Cripple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by mimigirl(f): 5:05am On Oct 07, 2006
What would you do when you found out on your first date that he/she is a cripple or somehow disabled?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by sweetlove(m): 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2006
Make Him My Friend,beside he his a Human
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by naijacutee(f): 2:10am On Oct 08, 2006
As long as it's only his body that is crippled and his brain isn't crippled, then whats wrong with being friends?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Oracle(m): 12:50am On Oct 10, 2006
you said he's from nairaland?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by iz2much: 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
Cool
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by CodeRED(f): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2008
@topic
A cripple? How is that? Does he or she have a handicap? defective hand, leg, limb, eye, ? explain oo
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2008
Poster you said 'in love'. Does it matter if he's crippled, blind, deaf or dumb? Love has no boundaries.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by ssRhino: 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2008
How could u fall in love with someone and u never knew if he/she is a cripple, besides, are handicaps not humans?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by jimadel(f): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2008
there one thing i went everyone to know there is possiblity that u love someone u have never seen or met be4 ok and if i meet her and find out that she is disable i will love her more becos she must have told me lot of thing be4 i meet her and i will just simply close my ear to what friend and family will say and just take her to my pastor ok and she will be my queen becos God made her like that for a reason and i know i will find the best love in her ok
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Riskie(f): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2008
It is true that disbled people are just as human as able-bodied people, but how many of us in all honesty would actually marry or date one?

The people saying "love is blind"/"love has no boundaries" would be the first ones to reject someone on the basis of looks or disablity. People should think before just passing comments. It is the height of hypocrisy to say things and not truly mean them.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by nerd2: 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2008
jimadel:

there one thing i went everyone to know there is possiblity that u love someone u have never seen or met be4 ok and if i meet her and find out that she is disable i will love her more because she must have told me lot of thing be4 i meet her and i will just simply close my ear to what friend and family will say and just take her to my pastor ok and she will be my queen because God made her like that for a reason and i know i will find the best love in her ok

hehehe ok o! we've heard u grin

CodeRED:

@topic
A cripple? How is that? Does he or she have a handicap? defective hand, leg, limb, eye, ? explain oo

I'd like to know aswell  
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by KarmaMod(f): 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2008
arent most of them mentally crippled?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by minute(f): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2008
LMAO!!!.You are crazy.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by drrionelli(m): 11:31pm On Aug 21, 2008
If we were to define "crippled," would we not all find that, to somebody else, that each of us is "crippled" in our own way?

And if that were the case, the question could be asked in this way: Is nobody worthy of the love of anybody because we are all, with respect to somebody, crippled?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Feministic(f): 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ post

I am guessing you mean:

A cripple is a person or animal with a disability, particularly one who is unable to walk because of an injury or illness.

In that case, who cares?
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Okijajuju1(m): 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2008
Cri (gini)??

Anyways you should be more specific as to the nature of the handicap.

Maybe you are one of those fellows that still operate the blind love concept.

I wish you the best (afterall criples also need love)
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Orikinla(m): 12:09am On Aug 22, 2008
I loved a girlfriend who was  physically disabled.
I did her pedicure, because she could not so.
I carried her handbag to lessen her burden.
I was very proud of her.

Nobody dared to laugh at her, because I would have torn the person to pieces intellectually and physically.

A cripple is as human as you and I.

I have taught some children suffering from Down Syndrome art and craft and I found some level of intelligence in them that was lacking in most normal people.

True love knows no disability.

Most phyically disabled persons are better than millions of humans who spiritually disabled.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by TmeD0(m): 12:58am On Aug 22, 2008
Riskie:

It is true that disbled people are just as human as able-bodied people, but how many of us in all honesty would actually marry or date one?

The people saying "love is blind"/"love has no boundaries" would be the first ones to reject someone on the basis of looks or disablity. People should think before just passing comments. It is the height of hypocrisy to say things and not truly mean them.
Abeg, helep me tell demm o!  Come o, anyone don ever tell u say u kind of, sort of come resemble Aaliyah small?  Anyway sha, nice foto u get dia.   wink  Peace!
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by lucabrasi(m): 1:01am On Aug 22, 2008
@poster
im sure you live in a cave,if not you ll realise calling people crippled is not politically correct and offends the sensibilities of any normal person,please changethe cripple to disable
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by ztyle(m): 1:26am On Aug 22, 2008
@Poster if your post is real shocked go on with your heart,
that's where your heart lead you, cripple or not he/she is human period. smiley
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by shilyjay: 1:38am On Aug 22, 2008
nothing do u, all u have to do is follow ur heart.cripple 2 na human being.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by ztyle(m): 1:47am On Aug 22, 2008
True Talk Newbie cool
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2008
Orikinla:

I loved a girlfriend who was physically disabled.
I did her pedicure, because she could not so.
I carried her handbag to lessen her burden.
I was very proud of her.

Nobody dared to laugh at her, because I would have torn the person to pieces intellectually and physically.

A cripple is as human as you and I.

I have taught some children suffering from Down Syndrome art and craft and I found some level of intelligence in them that was lacking in most normal people.

True love knows no disability.

Most phyically disabled persons are better than millions of humans who spiritually disabled.

I'm curious, what happened to the r/ship? Did you marry her? Or let me guess, you are married to someone who fortunately is phisically whole? There's a diffrence b/w love and pity, I hope you know that. Loving someone with a disability is easier said than done. Thats the fact.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Orikinla(m): 11:10am On Aug 22, 2008
Ujujoan:

I'm curious, what happened to the r/ship? Did you marry her? Or let me guess, you are married to someone who fortunately is phisically whole? There's a diffrence b/w love and pity, I hope you know that. Loving someone with a disability is easier said than done. Thats the fact.

No. Not pity.

She was super brilliant and very confident.

She is happily married now with children.

I do not love for selfish reasons.
So, I did not love her as if she needed love as charity.
She was like any other person who has the riight to choose who to spend the rest of her life with.

Love is like air
We need it to live.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2008
Orikinla:

She was super brilliant and very confident.

She is happily married now with children.

Did she leave you to get married or did you leave her first??
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by TmeD0(m): 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2008
Na wa for some relationship police for this Nairaland o!  Pesin say things no work out between them, weesh one come concern u weda na hin leave or na she leave.  Besides, what difference does it make if the person is physically disabled or not--last time I checked people can decide who they want or not want to be with regardless of their physical appearance.  Shuo!
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Arlington(f): 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2008
Very true there is a great difference between Love and pity. Use me as your case study if you will my husband is in a wheelchair and he will be there for the rest of his life someone slammed him to the ground and broke his neck .
Forget stories about what friends said if i had listened i would have died, funny enough all of does who laughed at me don't have husbands half as good as mine so who is laughing last now?
It is not easy like everyother thing in life but i don't think i can trade him for any other man,he cant walk around or do most things like other men do But as i said he is my choice and am happy.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by adeboo(f): 9:35pm On Aug 22, 2008
I would feel very disappointed because he should have mentioned this to me during the course of our telephone conversations.

I probably wouldnt be able to trust him.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by tope2000(f): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2008
adeboo:

I would feel very disappointed because he should have mentioned this to me during the course of our telephone conversations.

co-signed
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2008
Someone just had to resurrect a 2yr old topic
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by biggjoe(m): 9:14am On Aug 23, 2008
orikinla have not answered the question.
Did you leave her first or did she leave you? Why did u not get married if you loved her.
Re: What! In Love With A Cripple From Nairaland by drrionelli(m): 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2008
adeboo:

Would you expect him to tell you everything about himself in a phone call?  Surely, you would not have divulged everything about [i]your[/i]self in a phone call, would you?  How would this affect one's ability to trust?  It's not as though you were deceived.  Rather, information was simply not put forth.  Had he not mentioned that he wore a size 43 shoe, would that make you not trust him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Sits In Front: Your Boyfriend Or Bestfriend? / What Men Really Notice When They Look At You / But he was using her Bottom as a makeshift pillow...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.