Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers (31389 Views)

24% Of Lagos Women Have Sex Before 18 Years - Commissioner for Health, Dr Idris / Lady On Facebook Has Revealed Why Your Husbands Eye Beautiful Girls Like Her! / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Men Prefer Village Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by permsec: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
gurunlocker:
plot Na how much
.5K for 1 acre in sambisa. you go buy? contact shekau for details

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by RichDad1(m): 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
Women are sometimes unstable. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by gurunlocker: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
plot Na how much
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by kennynelcon(m): 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
money121:
The presence of single mothers is becoming a widespread phenomenon in Lagos. In the past, people look at them with contempt and speak of their situation with disapproval. Although the scrutiny hasn’t totally disappeared, their increased number is becoming a norm.

5. Relativity It’s all relative. What works for one man could be detrimental to the other. Some women choose to be single mothers all by themselves. This is single mother by choice; some women crave to be that. Some of these women have gone past the marriageable age but desire to have children. While some choose to be single mothers because they resent being controlled by men.

New Generation Madness
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Freeben: 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
Tallesty1:
Test Abuja babes and your post will never remain the same. cry cry cry

You have said it all. Some will pack into a man's house, dat one is called paper bag marriage, once dey get the sperm necessary to fertilise that egg, even give birth, dey move on. OP, as suggested, try do a proper survey in abuja, and repost this post or modify it. Hehehe

8-)8-)8-)8-)
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by deflover(m): 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
ecel:
Do you need anything to buy from United Kingdom? Please visit w.w.w.s.h.o.p.2.m.e.c.o.u.k

Buy anything from United Kingdom and it shall be delivered to you safely and securely in Nigeria.

what kinda website is this...you are not a serious person angry angry angry
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Missmossy(f): 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2015
Very true, very few married women in Lag are chaste. No wonder its tagged the city that never sleeps. Its always bubbling. It aint only in Lag though, some other places possess some of this features.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
Another reason is that they fvck a lot, a lot.
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by thelastgenius: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I think the above is the cardinal reason.
It's something that is becoming a norm, celebrities yeyebrities are also not helping matters; they now prefer baby mamas to lawfully wedded wives. I don't wish to be a baby papa. Indeed, Times have changed.

Your 'Pm'........Right word is 'Sugbon' not 'Sogbo'
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by godwin120alex: 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Is their choice is nobody's biz
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Feranchek(m): 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
AdaNri1:
Better to be a single mother than a deceased wife. Another woman will come and take your place and use your children as lab rats

On the other hand, some women were hoping to use the pregnancy (child) as ATM machine from the father. Promiscuity is the name of the game

Hmmmm...... my eyes are now on you....
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Revolva(m): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
Most gals in lagos will definately be...single mom's...bastards go yakpa o...lol..
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by SeverusSnape(m): 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
thelastgenius:

Your 'Pm'........Right word is 'Sugbon' not 'Sogbo'
But I didn't write 'sogbo'.
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by thelastgenius: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

But I didn't write 'sogbo'.

'Shogbo', 'Sogbo'..... both means same 'Did you hear'....... thers something called iparoje in Yoruba language.... That rule applies to words like that. i.e 'Oni iresi' = 'Oniresi'
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by bxcode(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
I can point to so many single mothers today who is steadfast in all those things you listed as the cause and are still single. Those things ain't the reason, the reason is that they are simply blinded from the truth that will set them free.
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by SeverusSnape(m): 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
thelastgenius:

'Shogbo', 'Sogbo'..... both means same 'Did you hear'....... thers something called iparoje in Yoruba language.... That rule applies to words like that. i.e 'Oni iresi' = 'Oniresi'
Okay sir. Thanks for the corrections, I'll effect it now.
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Setaje(f): 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
Am tired of seeing, hearing and reading tales of woe about relationships and marriage. Am tired!

Don't even no what made me open this thread. embarassed
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by thelastgenius: 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Okay sir. Thanks for the corrections, I'll effect it now.

You're very welcome, i'm no sir...you might want to remove the 'H' in your 'Ishe' also.
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
undecided
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Edusouls(m): 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
end of days of marriage is here,women have lost it all, women nowadays re ticking timed bombs...men re tired and now run for their dear lives....
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Edusouls(m): 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Yea well, better a single mum than miserably married.
no its better,because men may live a bit longer,you women are something else nowadays...
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by phineas: 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
Why does nairaland celebrate women bashing so much? One begins to wonder if these men were raised with women in their lives at all, why all the negativity.

But I believe its a reflection of our society at large and indeed it is said you can tell how developed a nation is by the way it treats its women, children and disabled.

Going by these dime a dozen threads glorifying the negatives and weaknesses in Nigerian women thereby villifying them weekly on nairaland, we know we still have a looong way to go in Nigeria.

And to Seun, I say you underestimate the power of your site,that by allowing and promoting this trend you entrench this culture of women abuse on the very pages of this site. And by this , you do the nation and its future a great disservice sir.Just an observation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by danbrowndmf(m): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
sinaj:
Why are u on Every Topic today?
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by IYANGBALI: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
Vickyrotex and rokiatu na which of the reasons be una own?
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
WITH THE WAY MEN DEY OPEN THREAD ABOUT WOMEN FOR NAIRALAND,E BE LIKE SAY THEM DON DEY FEAR US PASS THEIR PRICCK!MAKE UNA CONINUE! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by IYANGBALI: 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
Setaje:
Am tired of seeing, hearing and reading tales of woe about relationships and marriage. Am tired!

see frustration of a single mother of 5 grin
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by coputa(m): 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Setaje:

don't be tired,endure when your are inside and be prepared for it when you are going in.Its a battle.
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by coputa(m): 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
Edusouls:
end of days of marriage is here,women have lost it all, women nowadays re ticking timed bombs...men re tired and now run for their dear lives....
men r running away from their responsibilities
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by octopusfreaky(f): 9:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
naialand and women matter shaaa
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by mildflame: 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
money121:
The presence of single mothers is becoming a widespread phenomenon in Lagos. In the past, people look at them with contempt and speak of their situation with disapproval. Although the scrutiny hasn’t totally disappeared, their increased number is becoming a norm.

Here are reasons most women end up being single mothers in Lagos:

1. Men’s Decision To Walk Out on Family: It’s not news anymore for some men to walk out on their family and go start life afresh with other women. It’s usually a devastating experience for the women when they are suddenly left with sole responsibility of raising children by themselves. The city is an ever bubbling one and there are enough distractions to make the men leave. Moreover, some men are not ready to take on the responsibility of being fathers. They abscond as soon as they get to know a baby is on board. This irresponsible act of men could turn the unsuspecting women into single mothers.

2. Societal Pressure: In an environment like Lagos, when men cheat on their wives and exhibit various traits that aren’t promising, the women are quick to move on. There are so many successful forces to be reckoned with or looked up to as role models. These often spin the women into action and they put back the broken pieces of their life. With many people sharing their experiences, the women may make the legal move and set themselves free from the clause of marriage and start living as single mothers.

3. Career: With a booming economy, women don’t want to be tied down. The city offers lots of opportunities. This has restructured some women and has made them career oriented; they have attained enviable heights in their fields. They find it difficult to give up that part of them. They are liberated women and have high prospects for the future. Men often have issues with this type of women since it is difficult dominating them. At the expense of relationships, they often choose career over everything. They believe they have all it takes to raise children.
4. Reckless Adventure: Lagos with its trendy lifestyle and feisty environment is never quiet. With loads of interesting places to visit and see, it’s always fun time. Unsuspecting young women get caught up in the frenzy of the bubbly city. They may hang out with a couple of people and keep the fun rolling. They get carried away by the excitement and get pregnant at the long run. Motherhood spring up on them and before long, they join the unending list of single mothers.

5. Relativity: It’s all relative. What works for one man could be detrimental to the other. Some women choose to be single mothers all by themselves. This is single mother by choice; some women crave to be that. Some of these women have gone past the marriageable age but desire to have children. While some choose to be single mothers because they resent being controlled by men.

http://www.gistmelove..com/2015/09/revealed-why-lagos-women-end-up-being.html

. Dis is d MOST MUMU thread I have read in Nairaland, e be like say one LAGOS BABE don do u smtin. Make I tell if U go some village u go see hw y girls de 4k n born scatter. Plz nu de write dis kin RUBBISH again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six(6) Powerful Ways To Prevent Your Breast From Falling/sagging / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? / Why Are Women Cheating More Than Men Lately?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.