Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,268 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Slut Walk For Women's Right - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Slut Walk For Women's Right (21619 Views)

Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read / What Will You Do If You Walk Into This Type Of Situation? (photos) / Re:slut Walk For Women's Right In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 3:09am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

Make we hear word. I live in Nigeria too. Some robbers are caught, some aren't. How do you burn a criminal you didn't even catch?
yes you are still right. If a criminal comes to rob let's say 5.out of the 5 one or two is caught and lynched, the others are lucky to get away with it however the ones caught are not spared at all. That is the Nigeria I live in
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 3:14am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
you seem not to be getting the point. Even if his mind is warped and he sees a half naked woman in public how come he's able to control his tail but when he's in a place where there are no eyes how come he suddenly lost control of his tail

giving rapeest the excuse that I couldn't control myself because she was half naked is giving rapeest justification and that is why we will keep reading of pedophiles doing what they know how to do best on nl or rapeest raping elderly women for rituals. Nobody is ready to deal with the issue

You are missing the point. The point is criminals will commit crime whether or not you want them to. In crime, there are some group more likely to fall prey than others. I ask you again, have you ever seen anyone steal a phone or a wallet? Do they not do these things undercover? This is the point: make yourself unattractive to the criminal. Would you remove your burglar-proof metal because a burglar would control himself if he was a building with burglar-proof metal? Is that a sensible thing to do?

Hahahaha. You are deliberately refusing to see the point. Rapists do not need you to give them an excuse to rape. They will rape or attempt to irrespective of the measures taken to stop the crime. Shouldn't they be deterred by now after all these years of putting millions of rapists behind bars? Are you aware that convicted rapists still come out of prison to still rape?

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
yes you are still right. If a criminal comes to rob let's say 5.out of the 5 one or two is caught and lynched, the others are lucky to get away with it however the ones caught are not spared at all. That is the Nigeria I live in

so, how come there are still robberies despite the lynchings?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 3:19am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

Have you seen where someone steals in full glare of the public? They do it codedly, except the armed ones. Person wey wan rape sef go rape codedly. That's the way of crime. You will preach this your gospel till you're blue in the face and nothing will be achieved, BECAUSE THE ONES YOU NEED TO PREACH TO TO STOP RAPEoDO NOT CARE WHATEVER YOUR OPINIONS are. THEY WILL RAPE THE EASIEST AND MOST ATTRACTIVE VICTIMS THEY CAN FIND.
that is because pro rapeest like you give them more encouragement and liver to perpetrate more crime the same way nigerians allow kleptomaniacs and people who have no idea of what leadership entails to govern them if not how come people like alameigsha or ibori can get away with corruption. Even bode George because in Nigeria a thief, pedophile or rapeest is a hero.

Thank you!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 3:23am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

so, how come there are still robberies despite the lynchings?
those are symptoms of a failed state. The law enforcement agents are failures, the judiciary system is an entertainment centre.

When the head (federal government) is faulty it affects other parts of the body. The results are the things we're arguing about now

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
that is because pro rapeest like you give them more encouragement and liver to perpetrate more crime the same way nigerians allow kleptomaniacs and people who have no idea of what leadership entails to govern them if not how come people like alameigsha or ibori can get away with corruption. Even bode George because in Nigeria a thief, pedophile or rapeest is a hero.

Thank you!

Hahahaha. But you're also pro-jewelry snatching na. You give jewelry snatchers encouragement and liver to perpetrate more crime the same way nigerians allow kleptomaniacs and people who have no idea of what leadership entails to govern them if not how come people like alameigsha or ibori can get away with corruption. Even bode George because in Nigeria a jewelry thief, pedophile or rapeest is a hero.

Thank you too grin

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 3:26am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
those are symptoms of a failed state. The law enforcement agents are failures, the judiciary system is an entertainment centre.

When the head (federal government) is faulty it affects other parts of the body. The results are the things we're arguing about now

So, Nigeria is the only country with robberies then? Or the world is filled with failed states?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 3:26am On Sep 25, 2015
johnydon22:

Women have the right to wear what they love and feel comfortable in without being threatened with rape same way men have the right to wear what they feel comfortable in.

None have the right to impose their idea of decency on others or blame their inability to have self control on the dressing of the victim.

That's a worse form of societal injustice..

I'm curious, how does dressing in a two piece netted bikini with matching ashewo make-up grin to the supermarket translate to comfortable dressing for any woman. Do you seriously believe that a level headed woman would seek comfort in that type of dressing? Nobody is dictating what women should wear but no one should be deceived into thinking that common sense does not have any standards.

4 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 3:29am On Sep 25, 2015
That's because nigerian prisons are not correctional centres they're places criminals go to to learn how to step up their game and then come out and perpetrate more crime because they don't even have anything legitimate or legal to do besides in the course of brutality and human debasement in prison one or more of the screws in their heads is loose. They're no more mentally sound human beings again
Timbuktou:

You are missing the point. The point is criminals will commit crime whether or not you want them to. In crime, there are some group more likely to fall prey than others. I ask you again, have you ever seen anyone steal a phone or a wallet? Do they not do these things undercover? This is the point: make yourself unattractive to the criminal. Would you remove your burglar-proof metal because a burglar would control himself if he was a building with burglar-proof metal? Is that a sensible thing to do?

Hahahaha. You are deliberately refusing to see the point. Rapists do not need you to give them an excuse to rape. They will rape or attempt to irrespective of the measures taken to stop the crime. Shouldn't they be deterred by now after all these years of putting millions of rapists behind bars? Are you aware that convicted rapists still come out of prison to still rape?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 3:34am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
That's because nigerian prisons are not correctional centres they're places criminals go to to learn how to step up their game and then come out and perpetrate more crime because they don't even have anything legitimate or legal to do besides in the course of brutality and human debasement in prison one or more of the screws in their heads is loose. They're no more mentally sound human beings again

I was talking about the unfailed oyibo prisons o, abi na coreectional facilities dem dey call am. Google is your friend.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 3:38am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

I was talking about the unfailed oyibo prisons o, abi na coreectional facilities dem dey call am. Google is your friend.
is Google search engine your enemy

do you expect to live in a place like this for weeks months or years with a lot of degradation and brutality and still come out and behave like a normal human being

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 3:43am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

So, Nigeria is the only country with robberies then? Or the world is filled with failed states?
no . Nigeria is one of the numerous 3rd world nations gradually experiencing Thomas hobbes description of state of nature that is why criminals get away with crime the same way politicians get away with looting and money laundering
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 3:45am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

Hahahaha. But you're also pro-jewelry snatching na. You give jewelry snatchers encouragement and liver to perpetrate more crime the same way nigerians allow kleptomaniacs and people who have no idea of what leadership entails to govern them if not how come people like alameigsha or ibori can get away with corruption. Even bode George because in Nigeria a jewelry thief, pedophile or rapeest is a hero.

Thank you too grin
I'm a pro safe and secure state where everyone's actions will be respected PROVIDED IT DOESN'T THREATEN THE SAFETY AND FREEDOM OF THE OTHER grin

Thank you for thanking me
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 3:57am On Sep 25, 2015
ApexTitan:

I'm curious, how does dressing in a two piece netted bikini with matching ashewo make-up grin to the supermarket translate to comfortable dressing for any woman. Do you seriously believe that a level headed woman would seek comfort in that type of dressing? Nobody is dictating what women should wear but no one should be deceived into thinking that common sense does not have any standards.
does that description of dressing threaten anyone's life or safety? If no what is your point because I see some guys too who dress quite inappropriately BY MY OWN STANDARDS

I was on the que waiting for my turn on atm Stand this Sunday and a guy behind me dyed his hair whether blonde or gold with long long chains that all this rappers wear about 3was on his neck.

He was wearing nose ring, pierced under his lips again, sagged his trousers and wore a yellow and blue chelsea jersey or top abi wetin una dey call am

to him he was doing fashion to me he looked likea weirdo but the Issue is

WETIN CONSAIN ME. His mode of dressing did not affect me in ANYWAY

even those pudah women that wear overall black curtain to cover them from the top of their heads to their feet con wear black socks and put something like black net on their faces are they not raped too?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 4:18am On Sep 25, 2015
@bold in your post, as it should be.

Why exactly should it be otherwise?
Right without responsibilities indeed.

Does anyone molest you guys for being indecent? I haven't seen you cry foul for the rights without responsibilities you're enjoying.

See you quoted a writer who's saying male sexuality is being oppressed. If you didn't mean that in Relation to rape and victim blaming, why quote him/her in this instance. It's like you're not aware of the subliminal message that carries. Your bad if you're misunderstood.
Next time quote him only when it is appropriate even if untrue. But at least let it have a relationship with the topic that won't make your post sound like something else.

@colored, I share no such sentiments. I've met good men. Many.
And I defend good men when coincidentally people who share your POV insinuate that men are beings with lack of self control who could be potential rapists if the lady around them isn't behaving properly. You Didn't see it that way huh?
Because you wanted to distract attention from the serious issue of rape to the propaganda of men are being demonized. As is usual in these parts.

Never mind that the article had MEN and WOMEN equally outraged by the "don't dress indecently if you don't want to raped" comments.

The thing is when people say such things, they don't understand what they are teaching.
"Don't bring out the beast in him"
"Don't push him to molest you"
"Don't provoke him to beat you to death"
Etc. they don't teach the so called responsibility that you're harping about. What they teach is that the perpetrator is not responsible for their actions of crime against the other person.

As for what is proper dressing or not, who makes the rules? You, me? With cultures varying around the world is there a common standard agreed upon by EVERY single person as to what proper dressing is? Don't bother to answer that. Rhetorical.

But there is a standard for what is harmful to the next person as humans feel pain the same way. So yes anti-rape laws and sentiments (especially sentiments) can be enforced or at least taught because any victim anywhere in the world feels the pain the same way. (That's an example)

But 'proper' dressing can't be enforced because we don't all agree on what's proper and what's not. So the earlier People started respecting other people's choices of dressing, the faster we can move on to the main issues. Which is the criminal high handedness of someone who thinks they can take another by force because they felt enticed.

I've a question for you though.

why do you think rape is stil very high in countries like India and Nigeria where conservativism is still the order of the day?

What are your thoughts on that?
ApexTitan:

Whaat? The level of conflation is very high in your post, whether you are doing it deliberately is unclear so I will restate my initial point;

In the promotion of slut walking its supporters are telling girls and women that their action - i.e, dressing provocatively - is without consequences and that its men who have to conform themselves and behave properly regardless of whether the dressing is deliberately drawing attention or not . Distil that message to its essence and it is that these women want to exercise rights without responsibilities.

Again the conflation. Male sexuality is not pertinent to what we are talking about and I am not linking it to rape in any form, it is the shift in responsibility for how women choose to act sexually to the man that is wrong. The point here is that in telling girls that there is nothing wrong if they choose to dress only in a thong and bra to go to the mall they are not doing them any good. In fact these women insist that it is the man who does not respond to them asexually after they've dressed so who has the problem.
You have to ask yourself this: how does telling women to dress like $7 whores help in generating respect for them?

Granted rapists are motivated by a variety of reasons and the criminal mind can easily latch onto one of several things as motivations for their crime but can you conclusively prove that slutty dressing isn't one? I personally have never lent my voice in condemnation of rape victims because I am not privy to the circumstances. This isn't just entirely about rape even, its the effrontery that these movements have in promoting what is basically indecency and saying that the consequences be damned.

Apparently the point I was making about the denigration of male sexuality and masculinity in today's Westernized feminine-primary society was lost on you. Keep churning the wheel that maintains that men are criminals, rapists, warmongering cheaters and sexists by virtue of their gender; masculinity and male sexuality does not need inputs from anyone other than the men themselves to rebuild itself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 4:22am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
does that description of dressing threaten anyone's life or safety? If no what is your point because I see some guys too who dress quite inappropriately BY MY OWN STANDARDS

I was on the que waiting for my turn on atm Stand this Sunday and a guy behind me dyed his hair whether blonde or gold with long long chains that all this rappers wear about 3was on his neck.

He was wearing nose ring, pierced under his lips again, sagged his trousers and wore a yellow and blue chelsea jersey or top abi wetin una dey call am

to him he was doing fashion to me he looked likea weirdo but the Issue is

WETIN CONSAIN ME. His mode of dressing did not affect me in ANYWAY

even those pudah women that wear overall black curtain to cover them from the top of their heads to their feet con wear black socks and put something like black net on their faces are they not raped too?
If only they were raped and left alone, it would be better.
They are still punished for having been defiled if they can't produce four male witnesses to testify that they were eye witnesses to the rape.

Wish propriety and decent dressing could save them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 4:30am On Sep 25, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

it's their fault that they were raped too grin

nigerians are not ready to change their evil ways. They're as stubborn as mules grin
cococandy:

If only they were raped and left alone, it would be better.
They are still punished for having been defiled if they can't produce four male witnesses to testify that they were eye witnesses to the rape.

Wish propriety and decent dressing could save them.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 4:40am On Sep 25, 2015
cheesy grin grin grin

gbam.you have wrapped everything up that I have been trying to say since morning. In fact you deserve this pepper soup and assorted for breakfast this cold morning grin
cococandy:
@bold in your post, as it should be.

Why exactly should it be otherwise?
Right without responsibilities indeed.

Does anyone molest you guys for being indecent? I haven't seen you cry foul for the rights without responsibilities you're enjoying.

See you quoted a writer who's saying male sexuality is being oppressed. If you didn't mean that in Relation to rape and victim blaming, why quote him/her in this instance. It's like you're not aware of the subliminal message that carries. Your bad if you're misunderstood.
Next time quote him only when it is appropriate even if untrue. But at least let it have a relationship with the topic that won't make your post sound like something else.

@colored, I share no such sentiments. I've met good men. Many.
And I defend good men when coincidentally people who share your POV insinuate that men are beings with lack of self control who could be potential rapists if the lady around them isn't behaving properly. You Didn't see it that way huh?
Because you wanted to distract attention from the serious issue of rape to the propaganda of men are being demonized. As is usual in these parts.

Never mind that the article had MEN and WOMEN equally outraged by the "don't dress indecently if you don't want to raped" comments.

The thing is when people say such things, they don't understand what they are teaching.
"Don't bring out the beast in him"
"Don't push him to molest you"
"Don't provoke him to beat you to death"
Etc. they don't teach the so called responsibility that you're harping about. What they teach is that the perpetrator is not responsible for their actions of crime against the other person.

As for what is proper dressing or not, who makes the rules? You, me? With cultures varying around the world is there a common standard agreed upon by EVERY single person as to what proper dressing is? Don't bother to answer that. Rhetorical.

But there is a standard for what is harmful to the next person as humans feel pain the same way. So yes anti-rape laws and sentiments (especially sentiments) can be enforced or at least taught because any victim anywhere in the world feels the pain the same way. (That's an example)

But 'proper' dressing can't be enforced because we don't all agree on what's proper and what's not. So the earlier People started respecting other people's choices of dressing, the faster we can move on to the main issues. Which is the criminal high handedness of someone who thinks they can take another by force because they felt enticed.

I've a question for you though.

why do you think rape is stil very high in countries like India and Nigeria where conservativism is still the order of the day?

What are your thoughts on that?

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 4:49am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
cheesy grin grin grin

gbam.you have wrapped everything up that I have been trying to say since morning. In fact you deserve this pepper soup and assorted for breakfast this cold morning grin
Kulyie don't tempt me angry
Chai cry
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 4:56am On Sep 25, 2015
cococandy:

Kulyie don't tempt me angry
Chai cry
ok what do you want for a post well typed grin
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 5:00am On Sep 25, 2015
How about this cococandy? grin

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 5:26am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
ok what do you want for a post well typed grin
I want you to package the peppersoup and send it to me.
Na picture I wan chop? cheesy
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 5:29am On Sep 25, 2015
cococandy:

I want you to package the peppersoup and send it to me.
Na picture I wan chop? cheesy
this is salah break. The people that will send it have gone for public holiday as declared by the fg grin
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 5:33am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
this is salah break. The people that will send it have gone for public holiday as declared by the fg grin

Na lie.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 5:49am On Sep 25, 2015
grin

then what grin
cococandy:

Na lie.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 5:53am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin

then what grin
Leave me joor.

Teasing me with food that you won't give me embarassed
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 6:26am On Sep 25, 2015
cococandy:

Leave me joor.

Teasing me with food that you won't give me embarassed
cheesy

otibinu cheesy

oya sorry na cheesy
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 6:53am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
cheesy

otibinu cheesy

oya sorry na cheesy
smiley

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 7:21am On Sep 25, 2015
@freecocoa, WOW!

You jumped all my explanations BEFORE and AFTER that phrase so as to make a point grin

Thank God I slept off. Would have been knocking my head against the wall all night.

Read through my posts again. Go through my explanations and don't pick a single line and stick to it like superglue. If you are not following my thought process on the mater then we CANNOT have a logical discussion.

Good morning smiley

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 7:26am On Sep 25, 2015
freecocoa:

Okay then, since indecent dressing is what causes rape? Why is rape an offence and indecent dressing isn't?

It would interest u to know that indecent dressing is actually an offence in some countries. Having said so, if indecent dressing is not a criminal offence how come YOU won't dress indecent and snap it for us to see? What's your reason for not wearing a g-string and netted bra and joining the "slut" moment madam? I can't wait to hear it grin

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 25, 2015
The thing is that ladies MIGHT feel the same urge to rape just as guys but won't because;

1) It takes lots of strength to overpower a guy.

2) If a lady who willingly accepted to fvck a guy, is labelled all sorts of vile names, only God knows what the one that raped a guy would be called.

Click the link, read the reply & don't quote the poster o. LOL!
https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christian-chatbox-sticky/576#38142517

Someone will say there's nothing physically attractive in a guy save for face.
E.g in India, there are many rape cases and we know an average Indian girl isn't endowed physically yet they cover all their bodies but will still be raped.
There's a mentally deranged girl in my estate - she's not extremely mad though and doesn't dress provocatively but has been raped virtually by everyone.

Have you asked why Amber Rose, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce hasn't complained of being raped with all their assets they flaunt?
Has Cossy, Afrocandy, Maheeda complained?
What of Omotola, Genevieve, Tonto Dike & all female celebrities that bare their cleavages?
Rap1st choose their victims and act on a carefully thought out procedure.
No right thinking person would have sex with someone who's crying for help.

Lastly, if you check rape cases, you will find out that bad girls who dress provocatively don't get raped except ones that LIE to cover the shame.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2015
5minsmadness:
@freecocoa, WOW!

You jumped all my explanations BEFORE and AFTER that phrase so as to make a point grin

Thank God I slept off. Would have been knocking my head against the wall all night.

Read through my posts again. Go through my explanations and don't pick a single line and stick to it like superglue. If you are not following my thought process on the mater then we CANNOT have a logical discussion.

Good morning smiley
Dude I honestly don't understand you o, I told you everything I have posted so far was derived from your own posts, that is just an example of it, you wouldn't stay on track and lied too, what did you expect me to do? You just keep trying to wriggle your way out of every question I have asked and I'm the one jumping lines? I guess you don't even understand a logical discourse, you should know that "whatever you say can and will be used against you" so you better gather your thought process and keep them in line, I don't need to take everything you write as most of them is just you repeating yourself, I take the relevant ones and ask questions based on them, how you don't see that, beats me.

Maybe we should try again and this time, please no unnecessary explanations, just concise ones.

If rape can be or is caused by indecent dressing(which is overly subjective btw)why does the rapist get punished and not the indecent dresser?

Good morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Asamoah Gyan Ordered To Give Ex-wife Houses, Cars, Others / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says / Illness Causes 20-year-old To Look-like A Toddler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.