Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Slut Walk For Women's Right - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Slut Walk For Women's Right (21620 Views)

Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read / What Will You Do If You Walk Into This Type Of Situation? (photos) / Re:slut Walk For Women's Right In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
freecocoa:
I'm not digging myself into any hole.

Where is the accepted treatment of what you call "sluts" rape? Is there a way agreed upon by which sluts should be treated?

I try my best not to judge or label people, especially on issues not generally accepted.cheesy

Even if I do have a definition of who I consider a slut, I don't think they deserve to be treated a particular way for being sluts.

Slut rape kwa? That's a new one. Anyway the accepted treatment for all rape cases should be a fair and just trial in the court of law but why are we discussing this? Isn't our attention on the subject of slut walking and how it supposedly is a means for fighting for women's rights? I'm interested in any further explanations you may have as regards what these women are fighting for.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
freecocoa:
Really? I find it hard to believe how light you make this issues, how is it fair to make someone responsible for another's action? Shouldn't we be telling the rapist to get help instead or simply tell them they can control their actions, assuming they don't know this which is even impossible.

Dat is on one hand, "advicing rapists to get help", on the other hand, is advicing women to put on some clothes... gatdammit... angry angry
Wait sef, how do you expect me to even advice rapists, we already established that rapists, just like armed robbers are unreasonable pple, if they could not be deterred by the threat of jail term, I wonder what good my advice would be... I am only advicing the party I consider reasonable (even though they are gradually convincing me they are not tongue).... by the way, I don't know any rapist, I have a lot of women around me and I'd continue warning them to put on decent clothes and stop attracting potential rapists...

I still maintain that, seeing raw flesh doesn't push one to rape, it can bring on the feeling of wanting to have sex I agree, now ability to control what sort of sex to have or even have any sex at all is on you.

And when the someone who cannot control his sexual urge is turned on by that indiscriminate exposure of raw flesh and the exposer happen to be in a secluded area, what happens? Gbese re oh... shocked shocked

I agree, if a rapist is proven to be mentally unstable, then that's another case.

I have a problem with the law that allows people that are adjudged to be mentally unstable to get away with their crimes, a case for mental instability could be made for every criminal... all the mad men I have ever encountered somehow manage to know that stealing is an offence...

I am not dancing around it per se, I am saying that, you can determine how provoked you get, it's that simple.

A reasonable man can, not everybody is dat reasonable, we are saying women should cover up because the world is full of unreasonable people....

Don't think I am all for people walking around unclad, I am simply saying, if they want to, they should be able to without getting raped, because in the end, you are responsible for your actions no matter how we look at it. I understand taking measures to protect oneself in a world such as this but trying to make excuses for criminals is what I don't understand.

"They should", that is idealism... I never made a case for criminals, why I agree that rapists should be castrated, I also advice women to approach the issue with a sense of responsibility, not walking around dark corners with their melons on "potential energy" and their flesh, white laps showing...

You are not agreeing that the rapist could've helped himself to say no, if he wanted to, that's where I have a problem

Some rapists do not have the will to say no, others do not just want to say, the point is not to give them something to ponder about whether or not to say no to....

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 12:00am On Sep 26, 2015
cococandy:
lol I didn't say your figure in the link for US is a lie.
I said it's a lie that rape is higher in the US than in India.

omo get your comprehension in shape.

Anyways I've agreed with you. So you can rest now.
Funny dude.

#FACTS.

The records from the US and India as shown in the those links provided have it that this crime is higher in the US. You do realise that the burden of proof is now on you to prove otherwise since you are calling it a lie right?

3 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 12:02am On Sep 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

Slut rape kwa? That's a new one. Anyway the accepted treatment for all rape cases should be a fair and just trial in the court of law but why are we discussing this? Isn't our attention on the subject of slut walking and how it supposedly is a means for fighting for women's rights? I'm interested in any further explanations you may have as regards what these women are fighting for.
They are fighting for women's right to wear whatever they want and not be called names for it or blamed for getting raped.

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 26, 2015
Una still dey on top dis matter?

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 12:08am On Sep 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

The records from the US and India as shown in the those links provided have it that this crime is higher in the US. You do realise that the burden of proof is now on you to prove otherwise since you are calling it a lie right?
cococandy:
lol I didn't say your figure in the link for US is a lie.
I said it's a lie that rape is higher in the US than in India.
omo get your comprehension in shape.
Anyways I've agreed with you. So you can rest now.
Funny dude.
#FACTS.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by johnydon22(m): 12:13am On Sep 26, 2015
njokusboy:

Dat is on one hand, "advicing rapists to get help", on the other hand, is advicing women to put on some clothes... gatdammit... angry angry
Wait sef, how do you expect me to even advice rapists, we already established that rapists, just like armed robbers are unreasonable pple, if they could not be deterred by the threat of jail term, I wonder what good my advice would be... I am only advicing the party I consider reasonable (even though they are gradually convincing me they are not tongue).... by the way, I don't know any rapist, I have a lot of women around me and I'd continue warning them to put on decent clothes and stop attracting potential rapists...
Why should you tag the way a woman dresses as the cause of rape, this is incorrect.

The perverts who perpetrate this act of rape should be blamed not the dress of the lady.

This is one of the reasons rape still thrives in our society because people blame it on the wrong reason.

Women on Hijab also get raped so a clothing is not a determinant for who gets raped.

A woman's body in no way should be a bone thrower for a man to rape her, that a man is stupi_d enough not to stop himself from doing stupi_d things is his own doing not that of the woman..

And when the someone who cannot control his sexual urge is turned on by that indiscriminate exposure of raw flesh and the exposer happen to be in a secluded area, what happens? Gbese re oh... shocked shocked
It simply means that person is sick and needs help.

You are forgetting there are homosexuals out there and they equally have sexual feelings towards fellow men, maybe on one of the occasions you go around on your boxer and one of them grabs you and rapes you then we can blame it on you because you wore only a boxer which is indecent dressing.

I have a problem with the law that allows people that are adjudged to be mentally unstable to get away with their crimes, a case for mental instability could be made for every criminal... all the mad men I have ever encountered somehow manage to know that stealing is an offence...
Lol... i'd say mad people that show tendency to commit crimes should be put in a home where they would be looked after and cared for because as always such people always gets away with crimes, they always have one credible case.

They are not in control of their wits...

A reasonable man can, not everybody is dat reasonable, we are saying women should cover up because the world is full of unreasonable people....
No we should be against this unreasonable people. a woman wearing what she wants is no body's business . . .I am not seeing any man grabbing a woman in the street of miami during summer where most of them walk about unclad in just bikinis.

That a man is unable to restrain himself is his fault and shouldn't be blamed on the woman, not her dressing or her looks. We should blame the man who is too stup_id to stop himself from acting stupi_dly..

"They should", that is idealism... I never made a case for criminals, why I agree that rapists should be castrated, I also advice women to approach the issue with a sense of responsibility, not walking around dark corners with their melons on "potential energy" and their flesh, white laps showing...
We only maintain rapists should be prosecuted, still calling for women to adhere to your idea of decency is still a way of shifting the blame.

A rapist is a rapist, even nuns get raped... I don't see gays telling us guys to start covering up, stop wearing just boxers outside to avoid being raped..Imagine how absurd that sounds..

Some rapists do not have the will to say no, others do not just want to say, the point is not to give them something to ponder about whether or not to say no to....
There is always a choice to say No. . It is not a woman's fault that one cannot say NO.

we should stop this societal injustice of blaming the victims as the cause of a crime. . . The crime in totality is caused and the responsibility of the perpetrator, no side tracks...

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 12:24am On Sep 26, 2015
njokusboy:

There's really no need to keep prolonging the issue as I have seen your point, being that, some rapists do not have the will to say no which is a lie, everyone has will(I'm not really sure about crazy people though) .

Since everyone has will, which is a property of the mind, it is only right that they be held by the actions of their will, not someone else's.

Where we are having issues is understanding that walking alone in the dark/provocative dressing, is not the determining factor for getting raped.

If we go with your logic, it's like saying, I was in my house bathing and a rapist somehow found his way in, saw me nakid, got aroused and raped me, then my nakidness should be blamed?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 26, 2015
johnydon22:
Why should you tag the way a woman dresses as the cause of rape, this is incorrect.

The perverts who perpetrate this act of rape should be blamed not the dress of the lady.

This is one of the reasons rape still thrives in our society because people blame it on the wrong reason.

Women on Hijab also get raped so a clothing is not a determinant for who gets raped.

A woman's body in no way should be a bone thrower for a man to rape her, that a man is stupi_d enough not to stop himself from doing stupi_d things is his own doing not that of the woman..

It simply means that person is sick and needs help.

You are forgetting there are homosexuals out there and they equally have sexual feelings towards fellow men, maybe on one of the occasions you go around on your boxer and one of them grabs you and rapes you then we can blame it on you because you wore only a boxer which is indecent dressing.

Lol... i'd say mad people that show tendency to commit crimes should be put in a home where they would be looked after and cared for because as always such people always gets away with crimes, they always have one credible case.

They are not in control of their wits...

No we should be against this unreasonable people. a woman wearing what she wants is no body's business . . .I am not seeing any man grabbing a woman in the street of miami during summer where most of them walk about unclad in just bikinis.

That a man is unable to restrain himself is his fault and shouldn't be blamed on the woman, not her dressing or her looks. We should blame the man who is too stup_id to stop himself from acting stupi_dly..

We only maintain rapists should be prosecuted, still calling for women to adhere to your idea of decency is still a way of shifting the blame.

A rapist is a rapist, even nuns get raped... I don't see gays telling us guys to start covering up, stop wearing just boxers outside to avoid being raped..Imagine how absurd that sounds..

There is always a choice to say No. . It is not a woman's fault that one cannot say NO.

we should stop this societal injustice of blaming the victims as the cause of a crime. . . The crime in totality is caused and the responsibility of the perpetrator, no side tracks...

You re saying wat has already been said... go back to page one and start ur opposition from there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 26, 2015
freecocoa:
There's really no need to keep prolonging the issue as I have seen your point, being that, some rapists do not have the will to say no which is a lie, everyone has will(I'm not really sure about crazy people though) .

Since everyone has will, which is a property of the mind, it is only right that they be held by the actions of their will, not someone else's.

Where we are having issues is understanding that walking alone in the dark/provocative dressing, is not the determining factor for getting raped.

If we go with your logic, it's like saying, I was in my house bathing and a rapist somehow found his way in, saw me nakid, got aroused and raped me, then my nakidness should be blamed?

Lol, my dear freecocoa, you went off so much tangent in your last paragraph, I can't even begin to address it.... buh, lemme try....

If ur in ur house bathing and someone breaks in, you are not to blame, even if ur walking down a dark alley completely naked, the blame falls on the rapist still but you took too much risk and you gave the rapist a strong reason to do what a rapist does...
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 12:52am On Sep 26, 2015
njokusboy:

Lol, my dear freecocoa, you went off so much tangent in your last paragraph, I can't even begin to address it.... buh, lemme try....

If ur in ur house bathing and someone breaks in, you are not to blame, even if ur walking down a dark alley completely naked, the blame falls on the rapist still but you took too much risk and you gave the rapist a strong reason to do what a rapist does...
Well, that's how the logic sounds.grin

We still don't agree, I didn't give him reason to do what he did, the sight of nakidness often arouses the urge for sex, we agree but then, having sex is a choice. The only thing I can agree with here, is that, being scantily dressed can make it easier to rape someone but that doesn't make it a reason to rape someone, also doesn't change the fact that fully covered women get raped too, as we all can get turned on by different things.

Why are we still arguing about this?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Well, that's how the logic sounds.grin

We still don't agree, I didn't give him reason to do what he did, the sight of nakidness often arouses the urge for sex, we agree but then, having sex is a choice. The only thing I can agree with here, is that, being scantily dressed can make it easier to rape someone but that doesn't make it a reason to rape someone, also doesn't change the fact that fully covered women get raped too, as we all can get turned on by different things.

Why are we still arguing about this?.

Lol, owk
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by BlackLeopard(m): 3:35am On Sep 26, 2015
@FreeCocoa, I know why we arguing this, people are so ignorant and would rather spew hate at all the victims everywhere than collect they own.

Guys of this thread, una need chill. Let's let the ladies talk pls.

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by BlackLeopard(m): 3:36am On Sep 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

Simple answer brother: Reporting rates.

The reportin in US is easier than reporting in India. There's apparatus for takin reports seriously in place. That speaks of other thing than prevalence of that crime; merely how often & through which channel it talked.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by lezz(m): 9:21am On Sep 26, 2015
njokusboy:

You re saying wat has already been said... go back to page one and start ur opposition from there
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 26, 2015
lezz:
grin grin grin

Tor, how am I supposed to address that long post when there's nothing new in it, am not dat idle nah, everything he wrote has been written by someone else and addressed...
If he hasn't seen them, he could start from page one but if he has, it shows he just wants to start the thread over again.... which I don't have time for...

3 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by lezz(m): 10:10am On Sep 26, 2015
njokusboy:

Tor, how am I supposed to address that long post when there's nothing new in it, am not dat idle nah, everything he wrote has been written by someone else and addressed...
If he hasn't seen them, he could start from page one but if he has, it shows he just wants to start the thread over again.... which I don't have time for...
Exactly bro. Not even adding the fact that I find his submission patronising and playing to the gallery. A male who goes all out to blame rapists but doesn't deem it fit to caution women on slutt - dressing needs to have his testosterone level checked as well as the density of his brain mass.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2015
lezz:
Exactly bro. Not even adding the fact that I find his submission patronising and playing to the gallery. A male who goes all out to blame rapists but doesn't deem it fit to caution women on slutt - dressing needs to have his testosterone level checked as well as the density of his brain mass.

Lol
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 10:18am On Sep 26, 2015
ApexTitan:
[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWUal9Mi6oBlSj6jWyViRD4VHi9xzj9D0_nLi_XVi6behR1De[/img]

cheesy Just so we see what is being advocated for here.
God bless you a thousand times sir!
More pleeeeease grin
Let's show them our respect! cheesy
Where's the Vaseline crew grin

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 10:21am On Sep 26, 2015
Timbuktou:
Una still dey on top dis matter?
Lol!
These ladies NEVER admit defeat.
They'd rather lie to themselves than do so.

Abeg someone should post more "slut-walk" pictures,preferably one with sexually appealing women not these wrinkled cargoes.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by BlackBaron: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2015
Interesting topic.
Common sense should apply. Just like you won't wear heavy gold chains, iPhone 6s and zanotti shoes flaunting up and down a rough area. I'll expect same measure in other things we do. However, some with even the minimal amount of fashion gear still managed to get robbed.

I think the reason for women getting angry at rape issues is because it mostly gets narrowed down to a level of victim blaming of what they wore. Which is untrue cos most victims were more likely to be decently dressed and mostly fell victims to rapists anyway. Now let's agree most of the 'what you wore brigade' were wrong, however it looks like most feminists want to seize on this aspect of dressing on what to wear or not to do as they please which to an extent is overreaching.

The same way I'll frown at my fellow man dressing irrationally is the same I'll extend to a lady.Rape aside, all this feminist right to be naked movement is just bullshit. Beyonce prances around half naked for views and money while page 3 girls are put on blast for appearing topless. Both do it for money; the former is also considered a feminist also.

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
5minsmadness:

Lol!
These ladies NEVER admit defeat.
They'd rather lie to themselves than do so.

Abeg someone should post more "slut-walk" pictures,preferably one with sexually appealing women not these wrinkled cargoes.

You have to realise it's more about proving a certain group of posters wrong than arriving at any logical conclusion. Logic they don't have, yab they can't yab. So, on any sphere they're inferior, except trolling and straw-manning to the hilt.

3 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
Do you think there is raping common among these indigenous tribe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SW0jzXTS6A

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2015
all4naija:
Do you think there is raping common among these indigenous tribe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SW0jzXTS6A
Dunno. Show us the statistics of rape cases in that tribe. Do you have the figures?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
5minsmadness:

Dunno. Show us the statistics of rape cases in that tribe. Do you have the figures?
I am pointing out with that video blaming r a p e on the way women dress is false and unsubstantiated. It is misleading and unacceptable.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
all4naija:

I am pointing out with that video blaming r a p e on the way women dress is false and unsubstantiated. It is misleading and unacceptable.

Pls show us statistics that rape does not occur in this tribe and stop talking long talk.

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
5minsmadness:

Pls show us statistics that rape does not occur in this tribe and stop talking long talk.
I have no statistical evidence. But there is no argument that states it is prevalent among them due to the way they are unclothed.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by bukatyne(f): 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

Solid gold.

Thanks
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by bukatyne(f): 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
freecocoa:
If a rapist is already sick, how then does it matter what the women wear? Unless you are saying, how a lady dresses, is responsible for the sickness.

It is not responsible for the sickness however, indecent dressing can make a woman prey to them sickos
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by bukatyne(f): 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

The campaign is not about what women SHOULD or SHOULDN'T wear. Their message is clear: Wear whatever you want and nothing that you wear can EVER justify rape. It is so simple.

I agree with you.

However, does a rapist agree?

I have the right to walk on the street with my salary in my hands without been robbed.....

Will the robber agree?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
bukatyne:

I agree with you.

However, does a rapist agree?

I have the right to walk on the street with my salary in my hands without been robbed.....

Will the robber agree?

Do we need the consent of criminals?

If we go by this logic, people should stop driving expensive cars, stop wearing expensive watches and jewelry. Right?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by bukatyne(f): 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

Do we need the consent of criminals?

If we go by this logic, people should stop driving expensive cars, stop wearing expensive watches and jewelry. Right?

People used to remove their jewelries when going to Balogun market; people till now do not use their phones in traffic or carry their bags on their laps.

We need to make ourselves unattractive to the sick ones as much as possible.

Besides, there is a reason indecent dressing is called indecent.

And whosoever rapes a woman would face the consequences of his actions whether she was wearing a burka or a bikini.... if l had my way

BUT...

No matter the length of the rapist's prison term, it doesn't undo the fact that the woman has been raped and defiled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Asamoah Gyan Ordered To Give Ex-wife Houses, Cars, Others / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says / Illness Causes 20-year-old To Look-like A Toddler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.