Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People (28040 Views)

Nigerians Have Realised That APC Has Nothing To Offer, Says Gov Wike / Staunch Saraki Supporter Posted This On Facebook; See Reactions From Kwarans / "TSA: We Realised N2.2trn In 3 Months" – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 26, 2015
Tell all this crap to the Bush Family
Re: Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People by creamyzone: 4:03am On Sep 26, 2015
Nice write-up OP but you failed to objectively analyse some key points. I can understand though since you're ignorant of some facts about kwara state. I am not from kwara state but I have inlaws there. The people saraki controls in kwara are the core ilorin people and fulani people who are predominantly moslems and "relatively" uneducated. They form majority of the "voting" population just like core lagosians are also predominantly illiterates(remember most lagos residents are not indigenes). There is the yoruba speaking part of kwara called igbominas who are mainly educated christians and very successful. This is the area where some famous successful family names hail from. Many high profile lawyers and legal giants are also from this state.

Going down history lane. It is important to note that Saraki has always used federal might to win elections. Obasanjo as military head of state created and made the man Olusola Saraki. That is what happened in 1979 from the backing of OBJ who was bent on killing Awolowo's legacy being his rival in the south west. The same reason why OBJ handed over to a weak shagari instead of awolowo who was the acclaimed winner. Before 1979, awolowo's UPN controlled kwara state until the NPN took over. Fast forward to 2003 when the incumbent governor mohammed lawal challenged saraki in the ANPP, he was forced to decamp to the PDP and once again enjoyed federal might backed by civilian president obasanjo. They rigged the election and installed his son bukola as governor. So without obasanjo, the saraki's are nothing. This is why bukola visited obasanjo again after he emerged as senate president; probably to seek for political advice. OBJ may have told him to comply with party supremacy which he obviously didn't obey.

When olusola saraki had issues with the 1st civilian governor adamu attah in 1983, he brought a christian and well educated cornelious adebayo just to gain the support of the igbominas and he defeated the incumbent. Buhari's coup cut short the reign of adebayo and the deputy head of state, tunde idiagbon a kwaran was the strong man of buhari's regime. Had buhari not been toppled by babangida in 1985, saraki's dynasty would have ended there and then. Most people here have not even been to ilorin before. I can hear most corpers talking on this thread who only experienced the interior parts of kwara like kaima, bacita, pategi etc where villages are dominant. These people are fulanis and should actually be part of Niger state. its like visiting lagos and only experiencing some slum areas and conclude that is all of lagos. Having visited over 20states in nigeria, I can authoritatively tell you that ilorin is among the most developed state capitals with good roads, lovely hotels, shopping malls, effective transport system, standard universities, functional airport, secured and serene environment etc.

I have visited asaba, benin, warri, awka, onitsha, kaduna, ibadan, abeokuta, ado-ekiti, osogbo, akure, enugu, lokoja, umuohia, owerri, abakaliki, minna, makurdi, katsina, zaria, kano, abuja, bauchi, jos and I discovered (to my surprise) that ilorin is far better than even the so called "oil rich states". For people comparing kwara to lagos, I think thats very unfair considering the income of both states. Lagos was developed by government funds as the first state capital and is sustained by taxes of companies owned by non-lagosians. The truth is what tinubu has done and still doing though his puppet "ambode" is worse than what the saraki dynasty did in kwara. Fashola embarked on massive road construction executed by a company called HI-TECH owned by tinubu. So cash moved from lagos state to jagaban's account. SMH. My point is every state should wake up and free themselves from the shackles of these evil godfathers. God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People by princejtb4real(m): 8:24am On Sep 26, 2015
Re: Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People by princejtb4real(m): 8:33am On Sep 26, 2015
YouthsPC0:
Kwara voted APC and they are truly experiencing the change they demanded

Kwarans didn't vote APC, on a normal day, Jonathan would have emerged President 10 times in Kwara & Ajibola would have emerged 10 times as well but Ilorin muslims took over; they don't give PVCs to christians, they create unknown riot & they don't want a christian as leader...it explains the going on all over Nigeria... its vry true that christians in the North, Northcentral, Southwest majorly Yorubas do not create or make troubles...
Re: Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People by vikyno(m): 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
7lives:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Ogbeni if you don't know anything about Kwara politics it is not a must that you comment.
Dr Olusola Saraki was the power behind Fulani Hegemony in Ilorin since the time of Zulu Khanaini Gambari, Zulu Gambari will have been the last Fulani emir of Ilorin if not for the intervention of Dr Olusola Saraki who facilitate the emergence of Kolapo Zulu Gambari the son of the former emir, by arm twisting the then governor of Kwara state Shaba Lafiaji.
Did you know what transpired between major general Tunde Idiagbon, Zulu Gambari and Dr Olusola Saraki?, are you aware that Tunde Idiagbon is from Idi Ape " the Afonja descendant "
I will stop here this is a sensitive issue, i know that Idi Ape people are waiting for that opportunity to make a mince meat of the Saraki family and i guess the opportunity presented itself yesterday.
The dismantling of the Fulani / Saraki exploitation of Kwara state has started neither you nor i can stop the ojo esin that is about to sweep the Saraki / Fulani hegemony out of Kwara, why we should really be getting mad at each other is what i don't understand or are you one of them?.

OK thanks for the insight but I still believe the stoning saga is not all about Kwara people against Saraki dynasty but a politically motivated one.
Re: Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People by justmenoni: 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
Na u sabi

quote author=Guseh post=38348250]
Abelg add Pa Chukwudi[/quote]
Re: Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People by 7lives: 12:48am On Sep 27, 2015
vikyno:

OK thanks for the insight but I still believe the stoning saga is not all about Kwara people against Saraki dynasty but a politically motivated one.

Of course its politics, the subjugation of Yorubas by Fulanis in Kwara state is also politically motivated, just like what is now happening to Saraki.
The winner here will be the Yorubas in Kwara, state if at the end of it all the fulanis felt uncomfortable with the change of power, let them move to Niger state.
The funny thing is that Yoruba land is as far as Makera which is now in the current Niger state but you know what?, life is give and take let the fulani move into Makera grin grin grin grin grin and leave our people in Ilorin alone, enough is enough.

1 Like

Re: Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People by EmmyDe25(m): 8:07am On Sep 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Since 1979 the people of Kwara state have been caged under the political dynasty of the Sarakis. This enslavement was pioneered by the late Olusola Saraki and carried on by his son, Senator Olubukola Saraki. For those that may not understand, Olusola Saraki was the father of Olubokola Saraki, the embattled President of the Senate. I shall give a run-down on the Saraki Dynasty from 1979 to date.

The Saraki Political Dynasty:
Since creation in 1967 till date, Kwara state has produced a total of SIX Executive Governors. All SIX Governors were/are installed by the Saraki Dynasty. In 1979, Olusola Saraki brought late Adamu Attah as the National Party of Nigeria(NPN) governorship candidate for Kwara state election. Attah was elected, while Saraki was elected Senator and also majority leader of the senate. In 1983 Olusola Saraki had problem with Attah and NPN National leadership, he re-contested the Senatorial election and also shifted base to UPN where he brought Cornelius Adebayo as his candidate. Adebayo and Saraki emerged victorious. Buhari's December 1983 coup cut short Adebayo's 4-years tenure and ushered in long military rule. When IBB 'pretended' to return democracy, Olusola Saraki, a member of SDP brought in another of his pretege Muhammed Lafiaji as his candidate for the December 1991 Governorship election in Kwara state. Lafiaji won. Lafiaji took power in January 1992 but his tenure was cut short by Abacha coup in November 1993. With the return of democracy in 1999, Olusola Saraki, a member of APP brought another of his protege Muhammed Lawal as his candidate for the governorship election. Lawal was elected and ruled for 4years. He also presented his daughter Gbemisola as the House of Represntative candidate for their district, which she won. However, because Lawal later fell out with Pa Olusola Saraki, coupled with the problem he was having with National ANPP in the build-up of the 2003 poll, Olusola Saraki defected to PDP and brought his Son Bukola Saraki as the governorship candidate of PDP in the 2003 poll. He also presented his daughter Gbemisola Saraki as the party candidate for 2003 Kwara South Senatorial election. Bukola Saraki defeated incumbent Lawal and Gbemisola climbed to the Senate. Olusola 'retained' the positions for his children in the 2007 election. In 2011, Olusola Saraki and his son played a fast one on Kwarans that saw his son replace his sister in the senate, while a new stooge, Abdulfatah Ahmed was installed as the Governor.

BUKOLA CONTINUED THE DYNASTY
The death of Olusola Saraki in 2012 saw the natural inheritance of the Saraki dynasty by Bukola Saraki, who was determined to maintain the dynasty and possibly handover to his own children when they come of age. In 2015 the fraudulent change mantra saw Saraki retaining and advancing the cause of the dynasty. Also note that the Sarakis have always determined who get what from councillor to chairman up to ministerial and board appointments from Kwara state since 1979.

What Did Kwarans Gain From Saraki Dynasty?
The Saraki's practically turned Kwarans to beggars while feeding fat on their common wealth. A tour round Kwara state will reveal acute poverty and suffering of the people. The Sarakis from time to time do prepare 'food' and give to the hungry people that they deliberately impoverished. The people inturn hail them with chant of 'ranka-dede'. The only gain Kwarans get was glorified beggar status and national mockery.

Now That Kwarans Have Woken Up:
For 36years Kwarans have maintained the status of beggars, feeding from whatever drops to the floor of those that cornered their collective wealth. Today, Kwarans in their numbers came out to pelt stones to their oppressors; the Saraki dynasty. With the pelting of stones/satchet water on Saraki, Kwarans have realised and are now saying 'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH'. I wholeheartedly congratulate Kwara people and I assure them that they have the support of Nigerians of good conscience. However, I want to encourage them to keep their PVCs safe because it is the only legitimate tool to kick-out every oppressors and their stooges from position of leadership.

I pray that other Nigerians learn from Kwara people and liberate themselves from the claws of fraudulent establishment that called themselves 'godfathers'.

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS to Kwara people.

May God Bless The People of Kwara state
May God Bless Us All
Well detailed article. However, just to point out, Gbemisola as a senator represented Kwara Central and Not Kwara South. Kwara South has been ably represented in the Upper legislative arm by S.S Ajibola, up until the last election where he decided to contest for the governorship position under the PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Groups Warn Akiolu ,Oba Of Lagos From Interfering In Politics / Suspected APC Thugs Disrupt Voting In Aguda, Lagos State / Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.