Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m (22577 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Daily Fuel Subsidy Drops To N1.07 Billion / Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Drops To N1.07 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
Very simple...

1. Drop in oil price
2. Drop in market price abroad
3. Drop in open market price here in Nigeria
4. Drop in subsidy bill is the resultant effect.

It has NOTHING to do with reduced demand for the product. In fact, the demand hfor imported product is on the high.

Thanks
MizMyColi:

I know I can count on your explanations.

Please what is the implication of this news?
Is it good for our economy?
Is it also true that higher amounts than the above stated was spent in the past?
If yes, what was the reason for that.

If Buhari had earlier claimed he didn't know what subsidy is, why are we still reading of it in the papers in an APC led FG? What changed?

Thanks.
I really anticipate your answers.

Whynotthetruth Kaboninc Tonyebarcanista.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by MizMyColi(f): 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Very simple...

1. Drop in oil price
2. Drop in market price abroad
3. Drop in open market price here in Nigeria
4. Drop in subsidy bill is the resultant effect.

It has NOTHING to do with reduced demand for the product. In fact, the demand hfor imported product is on the high.

Thanks

Are you inadvertently saying that the Buhari "effect" had/has no hand in this?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
byrron:

[b]This shi.t is getting real!

So because your fellow monkeys and baboons shouted you down as alleged by you when you demanded probity and accountability from the former administration, that is why you had to lie to genuine long suffering Nigerians that you guys will run a transparent government and they voted based on that covenant with them and now you are saying you will not subject yourself to probity simply because the former administration failed to do so?

Is that not part of the reasons why Nigerians voted the new administration so they can run an administration that is different from that of the former?

If i lack the moral right to demand for the right thing to be done then Buhari lacks the moral right to be the president of Nigeria in a Democracy because he overthrew a democratic president because he was Demophobic. (The buhari example is my way of showing to you that u have a deformed way of reasoning)

NL has really been saturated with lots of shallow brains that are so incapable of addressing issues from a logical and objective perspective.

So you guys are scammers and your daft response even confirms it.

What manner of reasoning is this one naa? [/b]

the thing de pain you abi, truly you lack the moral right to ask the present FG for probity, live with that. Buhari won an election and am so sure you did not vote for him so whether Buhari lack the moral right to lead Nigeria because he overthrew a civillian Govt is your cup of tea. With the way you are talking here, I can see you are yet to recover from the electoral loss of March 28.

If you were asking the questions you asked earlier on the sales of crude oil and other NNPC records bla bla bla over the last five years, I would have taken you as a serious person but the moment I saw from May 29, 2015 showed you are a very bitter person who is yet to come to reality that GEJ is back home in Otueke.

Keep wailing cos that's your occupation at least for now till 2019
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by kaboninc(m): 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Is it also true that higher amounts than the above stated was spent in the past?

If Buhari had earlier claimed he didn't know what subsidy is, why are we still reading of it in the papers in an APC led FG? What changed?

Thanks.

Honestly, I don't think we should be paying subsidy at the moment. Crude oil prices have been down for the past three months, trading at an average of $45 per barrel (that's a conservative figure)

There's also a glut in the market and to my understanding, refinery costs have been moderate. So the landing cost of refined PMS should be lower.

Also there's a lot of differences between the dynamics in the international market and our local market. One is that there is rising cost of business in our country.

I want to leave politics because we know the reasons. So I think its good but can be better if it is phased out completely.

Used to be higher and the reason is obvious - high oil prices and strong demand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Which Buhari effect? What has he done? Buhari had two options:

1. To take advantage of the drop in oil price/PMS landing cost to reduce the pump price by using the difference of the regular cost and the present cot that resulted from the drop in price of the product.

2. To maintain the pump price and reduce the amount spent on subsidy to reflect present reality.

GEJ chose the FIRST and brought the pump price down from 97/litre to N87/ltr.

Buhari has decided on the second. So what's the big deal? Our consumption/demand for imported PMS has NOT dropped.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by WailingWailer00(m): 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:
I am amused are they still paying subsidy? I thought they said there was no subsidy anyway, let them continue to deceive themselves. The last govt wanted to remove subsidy but, elements of the cabal protested using gullible nigerians. Now the yeye Scammers calling themselves change agents are feeding same gullible nigerians with more propaganda while the economy worsens!
APC is a fraudulent organization

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by MizMyColi(f): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Which Buhari effect? What has he done? Buhari had two options:

1. To take advantage of the drop in oil price/PMS landing cost to reduce the pump price by using the difference of the regular cost and the present cot that resulted from the drop in price of the product.

2. To maintain the pump price and reduce the amount spent on subsidy to reflect present reality.

GEJ chose the FIRST and brought the pump price down from 97/litre to N87/ltr.

Buhari has decided on the second. So what's the big deal? Our consumption/demand for imported PMS has NOT dropped.

Okay, thanks.
I appreciate your prompt response.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:
. The current state of affairs of our nation is largely due to subsidy! In fact, the death of taxation cos of petroleum is the opium the masses are on for this spate of indifference to governance! I bet u, let the subsidy go and let the effects come full force, we will adjust high cost in itself is not the problem purchasing power is! However, with the burden completely transfered to citizens we can now be awaken from our slumber and engage those in govt. The large scale corruption will then be checked cos I can't be paying thru sweat and one person just sit down and embezzle, mismanage and misappropriate such resources. No one will mobilize citizens for protest the burden will!!! Subsidy must go and now!
You obviously dont knw what u re talking man. How ll demotic cope? Hin be like say d little change u get dey disturb u. U re not realistic 1 bit. There is notin wrong in subsidy.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by donpichie: 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
Most retarded line i have read in a long time. this dude should be in an asylum. sad
ifyan:

Did you know that you wicked
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by tuniski: 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
You obviously dont knw what u re talking man. How ll demotic cope? Hin be like say d little change u get dey disturb u. U re not realistic 1 bit. There is notin wrong in subsidy.
Pele! Everything is wrong with subsidy u hear. Forget the propaganda by the cabal to scare the masses while they Continue to grow fat on our commonwealth. It is same way some are telling u the last 16yrs is the reason they can't perform. That is propaganda to deceive!!
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2015
Goke7:

[s]the thing de pain you abi, truly you lack the moral right to ask the present FG for probity, live with that. Buhari won an election and am so sure you did not vote for him so whether Buhari lack the moral right to lead Nigeria because he overthrew a civillian Govt is your cup of tea. With the way you are talking here, I can see you are yet to recover from the electoral loss of March 28.

If you were asking the questions you asked earlier on the sales of crude oil and other NNPC records bla bla bla over the last five years, I would have taken you as a serious person but the moment I saw from May 29, 2015 showed you are a very bitter person who is yet to come to reality that GEJ is back home in Otueke.

Keep wailing cos that's your occupation at least for now till 2019[/s]

CRAP

[b]With all sense of humility and modesty, I make bold to say that I am 1million times better than you in all ramifications and i genuinely empathize with you because the harsh economic situation prevalent in Nigeria going by online and off line reports is sufficient enough to affect ones sanity to which i see your eroded sanity as one of the numerous victims of the economic hibernation that is currently plaguing Nigeria at this point in time.

The FGN policies has nothing to do with me, not because I am immune to it rather it is because I am insulated from it and when i wail from a different continent, I am wailing on behalf of long suffering Nigerians as well as senseless and gullible ones like you whose next meal ticket remains a miracle as currently been discussed at the UN submit going on right away and i am also proud to say that I will continue to wail until brainless ones like you upgrades their reasoning faculties to be at par with that of an ant and until that cerebral emancipation occurs, I will continue to be a wailer for the right thing to be done in that geographical place in Africa tagged Nigeria.
[/b]

NOTE:

The questions below was for the FGN and not for retar-ded e-clowns like u:

I will like the FGN to publish the following:

1. How many barrels of crude oil is produced on a daily basis starting from the day this administration came on board.

2. How many barrels are sold on a daily basis and its $ cost/barrel starting from May 29/2015.

3. How many barrels of crude oil are refined by NNPC/Day since May 29 2015.

4. How many barrels of refined PMS are imported into Nigeria/Month and at what $ cost/litter.

These information's will not only put a stop to the endemic secrecy in NNPC and its transactions, it will also enable an objective assessment of the petroleum sector so far under this administration.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by MizMyColi(f): 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
kaboninc:

Honestly, I don't think we should be paying subsidy at the moment. Crude oil prices have been down for the past three months, trading at an average of $45 per barrel (that's a conservative figure)

There's also a glut in the market and to my understanding, refinery costs have been moderate. So the landing cost of refined PMS should be lower.

Also there's a lot of differences between the dynamics in the international market and our local market. One is that there is rising cost of business in our country.

I want to leave politics because we know the reasons. So I think its good but can be better if it is phased out completely.

Used to be higher and the reason is obvious - high oil prices and strong demand

Okay, thank you.
I appreciatesmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by mayorchelsea(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
arsetalks:
You wailers are often saying PMB has done nothing but how come the refinery you yourself said was not working during badluck's maladministration now all of a sudden working or at least about too.

You are getting it wrong.I asked a question in that comment of mine; I'm not part of the wailing wailers
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Thanks.

Sorry for my late reply...

1)Lower subsidy payment is good for our economy...

2)Yes...higher amounts were spent in the past because of high oil price, landing cost etc ...Any dubious activity was arrested by same past regime and culprits were made to import products for equal amount for which they tried to shortchange government at their own personal cost with NO cost to government... and this was done...

3)Due to low world oil price now, cost of oil including landing cost is low hence low subsidy payment is reflected too...Remember, PMS was N97 after subsidy protest in 2012 before oil price fall and Jonathan having saved more due to reduced subsidy payment after oil price recession brought it down to N87 in 2015...

4)NOTHING changed...it is same insincerity and hypocrisy of buhari...Most of MAJOR subsidy payment beneficiaries are pro-apc eg Oando(tinubu), Conoil(Obj), Forte oil(Otedola) etc...Also, subsidy removal would in the interim make PMS price HIGHER in North(price disparity between North & South occasioned by logistics cost)...

5)Buhari incurred about 57billion in subsidy in 30days for July...
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by baralatie(m): 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
lolz! funny comments

do you guys know that The fg is only paying 20% of subsidy compared to 50% at the end of July
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by MizMyColi(f): 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

2)Yes...higher amounts were spent in the past because of high oil price, landing cost etc ...Any dubious activity was arrested by same past regime and culprits were made to import products for equal amount for which they tried to shortchange government at their own personal cost with NO cost to government... and this was done...

3)Due to low world oil price now, cost of oil including landing cost is low hence low subsidy payment is reflected too...Remember, PMS was N97 after subsidy protest in 2012 before oil price fall and Jonathan having saved more due to reduced subsidy payment after oil price recession brought it down to N87 in 2015...

4)NOTHING changed...it is same insincerity and hypocrisy of buhari...Most of MAJOR subsidy payment beneficiaries are pro-apc eg Oando(tinubu), Conoil(Obj), Forte oil(Otedola) etc...Also, subsidy removal would in the interim make PMS price HIGHER in North(price disparity between North & South occasioned by logistics cost)...

*sighs*
Smh.

Thanks a lot for this dear.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by 989900: 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:
I am amused are they still paying subsidy? I thought they said there was no subsidy anyway, let them continue to deceive themselves. The last govt wanted to remove subsidy but, elements of the cabal protested using gullible nigerians. Now the yeye Scammers calling themselves change agents are feeding same gullible nigerians with more propaganda while the economy worsens!

You and every single idi0t that liked you post, sold your craniums already.

For you guys 880m/day today vs 6.5 billion/day in 2013 vs 3 billion/day as at May 2015 equal same figure/value.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Im sorry to say that only a few will rationalize ur comment, most will not comprehend yet they will dabble into an unknown area and still proudly spill trash and even feel cool with their own ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by 989900: 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

2)Yes...higher amounts were spent in the past because of high oil price, landing cost etc ...[s]Any dubious activity was arrested by same past regime and culprits were made to import products for equal amount for which they tried to shortchange government at their own personal cost with NO cost to government... and this was done...[/s]

4)[s]NOTHING changed...it is same insincerity and hypocrisy of buhari...[/s]Most of MAJOR subsidy payment beneficiaries are pro-apc eg Oando(tinubu), Conoil(Obj), Forte oil(Otedola) etc...Also, subsidy removal would in the interim make PMS price HIGHER in North(price disparity between North & South occasioned by logistics cost)...

5)[s]Buhari incurred about 57billion in subsidy in 30days for July[/s]...
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by baralatie(m): 6:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

no effect on the current situation as at now.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Okay, thank you.
I appreciatesmiley

Kindly note too that these major subsidy payment beneficiaries funded the subsidy removal protest against Jonathan in 2012(Remember ACN actions in Lagos, CPC actions in North, etc) ...They refused subsidy removal with NLC...but turned round to call Jonathan the subsidy thief...Is it the man who wants subsidy removed or the one who wants subsidy payment retained that is the subsidy thief

Also note that if Jonathan stole $20b or $6b or $9.6b or 1million barrels of oil daily or whatever as accused by buhari/sanusi/Oshiomole etc...it follows then that since he left that funds remitted to federation account by NNPC & co would have TRIPLED since Jonathan/Diezani isn't stealing same again... Why is allocation shared by all still around N422.6 with oil price averaging $61 Is buhari & co stealing them now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by beckytunde(f): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
FOR BABY LIGHT HEALTH SECTION FAMILY SECTION
AYOLIGHT

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
byrron:

Im sorry to say that only a few will rationalize ur comment, most will not comprehend yet they will dabble into an unknown area and still proudly spill trash and even feel cool with their own ignorance.

cheesy Such is the irony of pain and joy of this forum with diverse individuals ...
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Tuatara(m): 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:

This government is already doing better than the previous one. Pls stop publicising your ignorance. It's not cool.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by tuniski: 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
989900:

You and every single idi0t that liked you post, sold your craniums already.

For you guys 880m/day today vs 6.5 billion/day in 2013 vs 3 billion/day as at May 2015 equal same figure/value.
why do you show your lack of depth by insult? Anyway, there should be zero subsidy not 880m/day u hear. At the rate the crude international price is falling that is no surprise and it is expected. It is only gullible people like u who can't comprehend.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by 989900: 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:
why do you show your lack of depth by insult? Anyway, there should be zero subsidy not 880m/day u hear. At the rate the crude international price is falling that is no surprise and it is expected. It is only gullible people like u who can't comprehend.

Sit down!
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
byrron:

CRAP

[b]With all sense of humility and modesty, I make bold to say that I am 1million times better than you in all ramifications and i genuinely empathize with you because the harsh economic situation prevalent in Nigeria going by online and off line reports is sufficient enough to affect ones sanity to which i see your eroded sanity as one of the numerous victims of the economic hibernation that is currently plaguing Nigeria at this point in time.

The FGN policies has nothing to do with me, not because I am immune to it rather it is because I am insulated from it and when i wail from a different continent, I am wailing on behalf of long suffering Nigerians as well as senseless and gullible ones like you whose next meal ticket remains a miracle as currently been discussed at the UN submit going on right away and i am also proud to say that I will continue to wail until brainless ones like you upgrades their reasoning faculties to be at par with that of an ant and until that cerebral emancipation occurs, I will continue to be a wailer for the right thing to be done in that geographical place in Africa tagged Nigeria.
[/b]

NOTE:

1. How many barrels of crude oil is produced on a daily basis starting from the day this administration came on board.

2. How many barrels are sold on a daily basis and its $ cost/barrel starting from May 29/2015.

4. How many barrels of refined PMS are imported into Nigeria/Month and at what $ cost/litter.

These information's will not only put a stop to the endemic secrecy in NNPC and its transactions, it will also enable an objective assessment of the petroleum sector so far under this administration.

since you live outside Nigeria and your source of information is online, then you cannot be speaking for other Nigerians as you are not on ground here to appreciate the reality here, no wonder for your misinformation sef and who says you are better off than folks in Nigeria, that is the misconception you guys have out there. you could be so easily convinced of the deceptions and lies the previous administration were dishing through iweala then, why do you folks not ask all your questions then. You believed all their lies then because of your bias and now just because your favoured guys are no longer in power, all you do is to demand what you guys could not demand before due to your bias.

I do not take you serious at all, you can continue to ask your questions till thy kingdom come and just like the former president never gave a damn about us then, this present administration does not give a damn about your stupid and bitter questions, nonsense.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by baralatie(m): 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2015
Goke7:

I do not take you serious at all, you can continue to ask your questions till thy kingdom come and just like the former president never gave a damn about us then, this present administration does not give a damn about your stupid and bitter questions, nonsense.

see mentality!!!
hian!!
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by akilo1: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
Bad news for the wailers.change is here
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
To the guy that cancelled my post...I hope ignorance doesn't shame folks like u... http://www.punchng.com/business/buharis-govt-incurs-n57bn-petrol-subsidy-debt/
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
byrron:

And How is the FG going to answer you Mr Continental Scholar?
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 7:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
baralatie:

see mentality!!!
hian!!
still better than those who believe that STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki, Atiku, Others Are Tenants In APC – Bode George / "Nigerians Will Celebrate Buhari Next Year" - Dr. Peter Kwembe / Gambo Jimeta Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.