Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m (22579 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Daily Fuel Subsidy Drops To N1.07 Billion / Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Drops To N1.07 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 4:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

What would have happened to the procedes from removal of the subsidy with a clueless, directionless & corrupt Government in power ? Do you know how many trillions some of your useless officials have secretly returned to the coffers of the Federal Government ? Be careful o! We shall soon begin to reveal in vivid details the corrupt ways of the past government ; even GEJ & wife will not be spared !!
We don't need to get that far sef we now know why Christopher kolada resigned as chairman of the fake SURE P fund. GEJ was a curse whether his blind followers agree or not

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by atlwireles: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
When you read comments on threads like this, one begins to wonder, how the average Nigerian processes information undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by arsetalks(m): 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:
the only quality of buhari/apc zombies that I kinda find generic is insult to cover for their lack of quality rebuttals. Had GEJ won the economy would have been far more buoyant cos a hands on economic team would ve proactive steps,actions and policies. By now, subsidy would have gone and VAT increased these two alone will fight corruption. That is we then will be super engaging as citizens.

The economy wasn't this bad it is baba's lack of action that is worsening things.
Argue with facts and not assumptions. He was there for over 5 years and did f*ck all aside embezzling us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
byrron:
I will like the FGN to publish the following:

1. How many barrels of crude oil is produced on a daily basis starting from the day this admimistration came on board.

2. How many barrels are sold on a daily basis and its $ cost/barrel starting from May 29/2015.

3. How many barrels of crude oil are refined by NNPC/Day since May 29 2015.

4. How many barrels of refined PMS are imported into Nigeria/Month and at what $ cost/litter.

These information's will not only put a stop to the endemic secrecy in NNPC and its transactions, it will also enable an objective accessment of the petroleum sector so far under this administration.

The last administration should publish their own first nah.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by arsetalks(m): 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
marcoNG:

na illitracy dey worry you. Dullard!!!!
As dull as I am, I am way more, way way more intelligent than you are. Fact of life.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by onatisi(m): 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

What would have happened to the procedes from removal of the subsidy with a clueless, directionless & corrupt Government in power ? Do you know how many trillions some of your useless officials have secretly returned to the coffers of the Federal Government ? Be careful o! We shall soon begin to reveal in vivid details the corrupt ways of the past government ; even GEJ & wife will not be spared !!
look forget all these useless assumptions of what gej would have done with the money. The simple million dollar common sense question is ,was it in the best interest if the nation for subsidy to be removed or not? If it was removed then how it would be spent will be settled . And you guys keep forgetting that governance is about 3tiers ,why don't you ask what aregbesola spent 34billion of osun state funds for?you keep pointing fingers at the FG but refuse yo blame your state governors for their wanton corruption
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by saint047(m): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
I thought baba said there is nothing like subsidy, baba should reduce PMS to 40naira
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
Subsidy did not drop because Buhari wanted it to, it dropped because of the fall in oil price. Also the reduced landing cost was also a big factor. In fact, the report clearly state that Expected Open Market Price declined from N109.42 to N105.53 per litre.
So why won't their be drop in subsidy bill?
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
anonimi:

Why do you guys like telling LIES just as if na the carbon dioxide wey una dey breathe comot after breathing in oxygen
Was it not Buhari's errand boy, the Judas of the tribe of Ubima who was doling out $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ everywhere at the APC convention for your messiah to win his party's nomination?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2236079_gworo_jpeg7872db292307cf3d11ae73f58f1bdee3

Make una continue, una go soon tire, so jona never shared dollars abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Kennydoc(m): 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
GudluckIBB:
So what happened?
Half of Nigerians died or they sold their cars?

Meanwhile the previous Govt wanted to even increase fuel sometime ago before they were defeated at the polls.

God bless Buhari

Guy, just read that post again. Subsidy cost is falling because of the drop in the landing cost of fuel, which is as a result of drop in crude price. You don't expect the cost of subsidy when crude oil was $100 per barrel to be the same with the cost now that crude oil is less than $60 per barrel.

Again, subsidy is not peculiar to Nigeria. Did you read this part of the post:

"According to the OECD, coal, natural gas and petroleum received yearly subsidies of $160 billion to $200 billion from 2010 to 2014 in the 34 OECD countries and six emerging economies".
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by arsetalks(m): 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
Guy we are already paying through sweat with GEJ's partial removal and nothing happened. Remove only subsidy when the refineries are working.

They removed subsidy on diesel, did it lead to a long term reduction in price? You know the answer.

tuniski:
. The current state of affairs of our nation is largely due to subsidy! In fact, the death of taxation cos of petroleum is the opium the masses are on for this spate of indifference to governance! I bet u, let the subsidy go and let the effects come full force, we will adjust high cost in itself is not the problem purchasing power is! However, with the burden completely transfered to citizens we can now be awaken from our slumber and engage those in govt. The large scale corruption will then be checked cos I can't be paying thru sweat and one person just sit down and embezzle, mismanage and misappropriate such resources. No one will mobilize citizens for protest the burden will!!! Subsidy must go and now!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Touchforfree(m): 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
mayorchelsea:
I get your point but what positives can we say we derived from the partial removal of subsidy in the last administration? Were we not told the funds would be used to provide roads?jobs? improved security and education? did any of those plans see the light of the day?Personally, I'm scared of the ripple effect it's going to have on the masses in terms of prices of food items and cost of living without a corresponding increase in income

Thank you so much for ds; eventually, what we saw on our roads because of d partial removal was scanty coaster buses on our roads & d dead sure-p.

History will never forgive them for the abysmal way they ruled us.

GOD IS WATCHING.......
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by arsetalks(m): 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
damton:
Stale. infact we want it reduced to nothing let the sector be deregulated and opened for market competition
Like Diesel right?
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by onatisi(m): 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
saint047:
I thought baba said there is nothing like subsidy, baba should reduce PMS to 40naira
you dey mind Dem. Don't worry their eyes will clear by January. I just can't wait for january to come.nigerians go hear am big time
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by cymidas(m): 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
I hear you so how much was the landing cost petrol 8months ago when pertol was 110 barrel. Pls we need reduction in fuel price. Not all this propaganda from APC people
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sai Buhari. I've never regreted campaigning for this man.
It won't surprise me if the wailing wailers say Jonathan did this.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
anonimi:

Can you show us where anyone put a gun to the head of your Sai Baba to make the promise knowing he had NO intention of fulfilling such
How do you rate that on the integrity scale of 0-10?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/rfpz2aiih02arcv4l0q6myapvub3qyub1364484[/img]

Jonathan has no integrity, live with that or go and commit suicide. Even The international community is not even comfortable with the no nonsense buhari cos they were collaborators with the looters over the years. Buhari is on course and will continue to put u guys to shame

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Saao(m): 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
mayorchelsea:
So the last government should have removed subsidy with our refineries in the state they were then?knowing fully well the way our economy works that an pump price of fuel leads to increased prices of items and the poor feel it most
are prices of things not increased now? Keep deceiving ursef. How much is the open market price of pms and how much is the price of crude in the international market meanwhile we are still paying subsidy and u r hail baba
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by onatisi(m): 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
arsetalks:
Guy we are already paying through sweat with GEJ's partial removal and nothing happened. Remove only subsidy when the refineries are working.

They removed subsidy on diesel, did it lead to a long term reduction in price? You know the answer.

removal of subsidy would have done lot more than you think. Although the price would hVe been fluctuating but the customers will determine the pricing because marketers would have been begging filling stations to be buying from them. Government will only stand as a quality control checker and will be collecting tax . Then if gej spends the money anyhow he will still have been kicked out.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Goke7:

The last administration should publish their own first nah.

This is the problem with some of you, you accused the past administration for not being transparent and now a new government is also following the same pattern like the previous administration and when someone points out these anomalies then you and your like will put up what you just wrote up there.

For heaven sake, is Nigeria in a new administration that is now been governed with the same template like the last administration?
Didn't the present administration promised to govern based on transparency?

Can you see why i seriously plead to God to deliver Nigeria from Nigerians!
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by tuniski: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
arsetalks:
Argue with facts and not assumptions. He was there for over 5 years and did f*ck all aside embezzling us.
what fact do u need than the worsening economy? If u don't know the economy is on a steady move to full recession having already be in a technical recession. Then u belong to different nation. That tells u the excellent work done by govt past. The lies told for election won't govern and that is why only yeye body language is being attributed to non performance!
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
onatisi:
and you should start putting your brains to task by asking why your dullard and his cocaine addict godfather sponsored protesters against a policy they knew was in the best interest of the nation.

Continue with all your wailings jona is gone and gone forever, nobody trusted him with one naira and will never be trusted by anybody. We are happy we got rid of him and his fellow thieves, nonsense
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by suxkill: 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
babafirst:
Wowww,I love Baba's body odour it's putting things right.Baba,more odour to develop Naija to a First World country please.

I pray that Nigeria develop just as u said,but APC and PMB sold lies n deceit to Nigerian's.he made your type to believe that fuel subsidy was a scam,now that he is in power,he should do the needy by removing it
that when i will start believing his quotes.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by damton(m): 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
arsetalks:
Like Diesel right?
diesel has been deregulated. ofcourse. but hope you know that the subsidy payment is denying job potentials. besides without Subsidies petrol will only sell for about 110 naira, a price a lot of nigerians have already been paying in the existence of subsidy
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by saint047(m): 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Has Dr. Kachikwu finally explained to GMB what Subsidy means? Because the last time I checked, GMB said he doesn't understand Subsidy.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 4:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
byrron:

This is the problem with some of you, you accused the past administration for not being transparent and now a new government is also following the same pattern like the previous administration and when someone points out these anomalies then you and your like will put up what you just wrote up there.

For heaven sake, is Nigeria in a new administration that is now been governed with the same template like the last administration?
Didn't the present administration promised to govern based on transparency?

Can you see why i seriously plead to God to deliver Nigeria from Nigerians!

You guys are hypocrites, when we demanded probity and accountability from the last administration, you shouted us down, why are you now asking for what you refuse to allow the past administration do?

You guys lack the moral right to ask the present administration for transparency cos its not in you and your so called heroes DNA

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
hmmm...
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
Goke7:

[s]You guys are hypocrites, when we demanded probity and accountability from the last administration, you shouted us down, why are you now asking for what you refuse to allow the past administration do?[/s]
[s]
You guys lack the moral right to ask the present administration for transparency cos its not in you and your so called heroes DNA[/s]

[b]This shi.t is getting real!

So because your fellow monkeys and baboons shouted you down as alleged by you when you demanded probity and accountability from the former administration, that is why you had to lie to genuine long suffering Nigerians that you guys will run a transparent government and they voted based on that covenant with them and now you are saying you will not subject yourself to probity simply because the former administration failed to do so?

Is that not part of the reasons why Nigerians voted the new administration so they can run an administration that is different from that of the former?

If i lack the moral right to demand for the right thing to be done then Buhari lacks the moral right to be the president of Nigeria in a Democracy because he overthrew a democratic president because he was Demophobic. (The buhari example is my way of showing to you that u have a deformed way of reasoning)

NL has really been saturated with lots of shallow brains that are so incapable of addressing issues from a logical and objective perspective.

So you guys are scammers and your daft response even confirms it.

What manner of reasoning is this one naa? [/b]
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by MizMyColi(f): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
I know I can count on your explanations.

Please what is the implication of this news?
Is it good for our economy?
Is it also true that higher amounts than the above stated was spent in the past?
If yes, what was the reason for that.

If Buhari had earlier claimed he didn't know what subsidy is, why are we still reading of it in the papers in an APC led FG? What changed?

Thanks.
I really anticipate your answers.

Whynotthetruth Kaboninc Tonyebarcanista.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Whizkay(m): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
price of oil in the world market has dropped. Hence the subsidy government has to pay will definitely reduce. simple logic
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

I know I can count on your explanations.

Please what is the implication of this news?
Is it good for our economy?
Is it also true that higher amounts than the above stated was spent in the past?
If yes, what was the reason for that.

If Buhari had earlier claimed he didn't know what subsidy is, why are we still reading of it in the papers in an APC led FG? What changed?

Thanks.
I really anticipate your answers.

Whynotthetruth Kaboninc Tonyebarcanista.

Expect insults from psuedo-humans that are so incapable of reasoning.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by MizMyColi(f): 5:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
byrron:

Expect insults from psuedo-humans that are so incapable of reasoning.

Well like I said earlier, it is like music to my eyes and ears.

They can bring it onsmiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Was Convicted For Stealing $25,000 - Lere Olayinka / You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo / APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.