Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,055 members, 7,814,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m (22573 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Daily Fuel Subsidy Drops To N1.07 Billion / Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Drops To N1.07 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
Freemanan:

And How is the FG going to answer you Mr Continental Scholar?

I think you mean to say Mr local scholar
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
Goke7:

I think you mean to say Mr local scholar
He claimed to be in a continent beyond... So I wanna indulge him... Waiting for him and his lieutenants to reply Tho..
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by erico2k2(m): 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
ifyan:
Is this a welcome development.

House deliberate on it
Big lie, when new licences where issued to new people and friends of the govt to import petrol how can that fall?? stupid people and silly people will shout sia baba. undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by erico2k2(m): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:
I am amused are they still paying subsidy? I thought they said there was no subsidy anyway, let them continue to deceive themselves. The last govt wanted to remove subsidy but, elements of the cabal protested using gullible nigerians. Now the yeye Scammers calling themselves change agents are feeding same gullible nigerians with more propaganda while the economy worsens!
Gbam, even worse teh subsidy has increased cos there are more people importing now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by 989900: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
@wailers:

1. Lower Oil prices while partially accountable, is just a part of the story.

2. Why was the past admin still paying roughly N3b/day when oil first dropped to $43/barrel previously?

3. We are able to pay lower this time around largely because of:

A. Additional Local refineries production.

B. Buhari.

C. Corruption loopholes reduced.

D. Far better power supply (Gen. consumption > than vehicle's . . .). #incredible

And sincerely, it should even be lower if all elements of fraud have been checked . . . Slow but steady . . . surely.

At N880m=$4.4m, if the exchange rate were any better, that N880m, would have been some 'mere' N650m/day or less.

At the present oil prices, with an additional 1000MW to take us to 6,000 MW by December, 90% performing refineries, and a better exchange rate -- @ N87/litre we would not be paying subsidy, rather fuel tax to the government, or subsidy and a cheaper pump rate.

Why are some folks unhappy?
Is your love for Jonathan, and hatred for Buhari stronger than your love for yourselves and your kids, both born and unborn?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by erico2k2(m): 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Thanks Buhari by the end of next year I want to see zero subsidy payment...

With steady electricity and Refineries working at full capacity, that will surely become the end of the scam called subsidy
I like to test your brain, how does a government reduce subsidy of petrol??
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by poiZon: 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
arsetalks:
You wailers are often saying PMB has done nothing but how come the refinery you yourself said was not working during badluck's maladministration now all of a sudden working or at least about too.

the refineries that is working pls can u tell us what it is refining? And where is the refined product used? Cos if u check d figures up there, u will see that there is no nigerian refined products init.
Lemme show what am saying,
the assumed litres nigeria used daily is 48million litres, landing price of fuel at d port is 105.53naira per liter, subsidy paid by govt is 18.53naira per liter. If u calculate 18.53 by 48million litres assumed to be consumed daily by nigerians you will get 889,440,000naira. so please what is the refinery refining?
And if atall it is working as the gmd nnpc claims, why r they still paying subsidy for 48million litres of fuel?
These r questions apc, kachikwu, buhari n those involve in this lies need to clarify.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by baralatie(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
Goke7:

still better than those who believe that STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION
you want to convince yourself that a mentality that speaks of "I don't care attitude to governance and all you need is to lie,mislead the populace and practically run away from govt responsibility" is considered a right path to solving problems.

you are on a different type of change!
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by erico2k2(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
989900:
@wailers:

1[i]. Lower Oil prices while partially accountable, is just a part of the story.

2. Why was the past admin still paying roughly N3b/day when oil first dropped to $43/barrel previously?

B. Buhari.

D. Far better power supply (Gen. consumption > than vehicle's . . .). #incredible

And sincerely, it should even be lower if all elements of fraud have been checked . . . Slow but steady . . . surely.

At N880m=$4m, if the exchange rate were any better, that N880m, would have been some 'mere' N650m/day or less.

At the present oil prices, with an additional 1000MW to take us to 6,000 MW by December, 90% performing refineries, and a better exchange rate -- @ N87/litre we would not be paying subsidy, rather fuel tax to the government, or subsidy and a cheaper pump rate.

Based on daily petrol consumption of 48 million litres, the total subsidy cost on the product as of September 22, would amount to N889.44 million at N18.53 per litre[/i]

Is your love for Jonathan, and hatred for Buhari stronger than your love for yourselves and your kids, both born and unborn?
with all this long storey you write up there thinking you are inteligent here are ABC question for you
1.Name the refinary that is working up to %50
2 How did the govt of the day reduce the fuel subsidy
3 what is the total power generated as at this week
4 you said our refineries are performing at %90 plz name one
confirmed 9ja Deltan asking you all these I swear you have no answer.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by erico2k2(m): 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
Goke7:

still better than those who believe that STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION
when they asked you to pay attention in school you jump window, see what not paying attention has done to you, plz illustrate how stealing equals corruption cos from last I checked stealing is never corruption Stealing is an Action corruption is a process.U see your life simple grammer fails you.You just exposed your ignorance in public plz consult your dictionary B4 you embarrass yourself more or mute.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
baralatie:

you want to convince yourself that a mentality that speaks of "I don't care attitude to governance and all you need is to lie,mislead the populace and practically run away from govt responsibility" is considered a right path to solving problems.

you are on a different type of change!

you and your fellow wailers are the ones misleading the populace by inciting the public against the present Govt but you will continue to fail, the days of impunity are over, tell your heroes and paymasters

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by atlwireles: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
989900:
@wailers:

1. Lower Oil prices while partially accountable, is just a part of the story.

B. Buhari.

At N880m=$4.4m, if the exchange rate were any better, that N880m, would have been some 'mere' N650m/day or less.

where is your proof?
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by erico2k2(m): 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
arsetalks:
You wailers are often saying PMB has done nothing but how come the refinery you yourself said was not working during badluck's maladministration now all of a sudden working or at least about too.

which of the refineries have you been to that you saw working?? warri,PHC or KD?KD pipelines will take few years to put back after vandalism so forget about that one, that leaves us with Warri and PHC, so tell me waht one?
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by tsdarkside(m): 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
ifyan:

It a welcome development.

Please don't poltisize this topic

wishful thinking....every nigerian want to be a politician now....the most nasty profession in the history of man-kind...mtschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........................
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by 989900: 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
poiZon:

the refineries that is working pls can u tell us what it is refining? And where is the refined product used? Cos if u check d figures up there, u will see that there is no nigerian refined products init.
Lemme show what am saying,
the assumed litres nigeria used daily is 48million litres, landing price of fuel at d port is 105.53naira per liter, subsidy paid by govt is 18.53naira per liter. If u calculate 18.53 by 48million litres assumed to be consumed daily by nigerians you will get 889,440,000naira. so please what is the refinery refining?
And if atall it is working as the gmd nnpc claims, why r they still paying subsidy for 48million litres of fuel?
These r questions apc, kachikwu, buhari n those involve in this lies need to clarify.

1. There is still fraud in the system.

2. The article only used a generic calculation.

3. Even from before, we never imported 48 million litres for real -- else, that means there was never fuel subsidy fraud.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Goke7: 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
erico2k2:

when they asked you to pay attention in school you jump window, see what not paying attention has done to you, plz illustrate how stealing equals corruption cos from last I checked stealing is never corruption Stealing is an Action corruption is a process.U see your life simple grammer fails you.You just exposed your ignorance in public plz consult your dictionary B4 you embarrass yourself more or mute.

your definition here shows how much you love and dine with corruption, you guys are so shameless.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by erico2k2(m): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Goke7:

your definition here shows how much you love and dine with corruption, you guys are so shameless.
see my friend no need to shy away, there is no argument here I asked a simple question mayB Im the ignorant one here illustrate how STEALIGN IS CORRUPTION please mayB I will learn from you I did not mean it in a bad way oya Im waiting
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by poiZon: 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
byrron:
I will like the FGN to publish the following:

1. How many barrels of crude oil is produced on a daily basis starting from the day this admimistration came on board.

2. How many barrels are sold on a daily basis and its $ cost/barrel starting from May 29/2015.

3. How many barrels of crude oil are refined by NNPC/Day since May 29 2015.

4. How many barrels of refined PMS are imported into Nigeria/Month and at what $ cost/litter.

These information's will not only put a stop to the endemic secrecy in NNPC and its transactions, it will also enable an objective accessment of the petroleum sector so far under this administration.
bros i can convincingly tell u dat it is possible for 1dollar to be equal to 1naira than waht u mentioned above.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by 989900: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
erico2k2:

with all this long storey you write up there thinking you are inteligent here are ABC question for you
1.Name the refinary that is working up to %50
2 How did the govt of the day reduce the fuel subsidy
3 what is the total power generated as at this week
4 you said our refineries are performing at %90 plz name one
confirmed 9ja Deltan asking you all these I swear you have no answer.

I swear you rushed to read, but didn't get it -- now read again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
Freemanan:

And How is the FG going to answer you Mr Continental Scholar?

This is not rocket science naa!

Is it a crime for Nigerians to know about all these through monthly publication of these reports on any of the print media in Nigeria?

Don't you guys want to fight corruption again?
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
poiZon:

bros i can convincingly tell u dat it is possible for 1dollar to be equal to 1naira than waht u mentioned above.

Pls go ahead sir.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by erico2k2(m): 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
989900:

I swear you rushed to read, but didn't get it -- now read again.
so you cannot answer any of those questions I asked? these are really simple question, I amazed how people on here simply shy of E-confrontations.These are realy simple questions,my 10 yr old can give me these answers in 5 mins.So Im waiting
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by poiZon: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

What would have happened to the procedes from removal of the subsidy with a clueless, directionless & corrupt Government in power ? Do you know how many trillions some of your useless officials have secretly returned to the coffers of the Federal Government ? Be careful o! We shall soon begin to reveal in vivid details the corrupt ways of the past government ; even GEJ & wife will not be spared !!
do u knw how much is trillions? Abi u just stumbled on that word. Fellow of oshiomole school of foolishness.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by baralatie(m): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
Goke7:

you and your fellow wailers are the ones misleading the populace by inciting the public against the present Govt
the funny thing about the very words you used_ INCITE AGAINST GOVT.

the APC are 100% the initiators,developers and manufacturers of incitations against the govt and the office of the presidency.e.g
lai(r) Mohammed
mallam el rufai
Amaechi
Tinubu
The northern elder forum
all APC e- members (just mention any1)
shetima
oby okwensili

I have deliberately left the name of the current president because he made a incitive comment that costs lives and the lists goes on.

it is left for PMB to get to work and leave the lai(r) more & co behind.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
byrron:

This is not rocket science naa!

Is it a crime for Nigerians to know about all these through monthly publication of these reports on any of the print media in Nigeria?

Don't you guys want to fight corruption again?
Rocket scientist!
I simply ask a question that demands an answer of same nature... How will the FG get the questions?

NO need for epistle.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by 989900: 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
erico2k2:

so you cannot answer any of those questions I asked? these are really simple question, I amazed how people on here simply shy of E-confrontations.These are realy simple questions,my 10 yr old can give me these answers in 5 mins.So Im waiting

Yeah, if your questions were in sync with my message -- sure, why not.

In that later part of my post, it is obvious I was postulating possibilities for the near future (December).
Projecting with NNPC's 3 months target to get them to 90% functionality, and 'NEPA's' additional 1000MW December target.

That was why I asked you to read again to understand, 'cause your inference was: I meant now.

But you were so much in a hurry to reply, than first comprehending.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by stagger: 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:
yes they should havee removed it. That was the biggest sin of GEJ not removing it. Small time same nigerians who protested started shouting Corruption when the monumental waste was exposed. For as long as u hear subsidy in petroleum sector just know we are still deceiving ourselves. Come 2017 Dangote refinery will commence production cos the previous govt encourage that. Our refinery working at 100% can't meet 20% of our needs they were not built to meet today's demand of about 200m citizens.
By the way, have u ever asked what d price of our own products from the refineries are? Or are those little output in anyway cheaper?

Can you not see from the figures that the so-called "subside payments" were simply kickbacks arranged by the NNPC, PPPRA and the Petroleum Minister? How can you explain that subsidy payments have been cut by almost 2/3rds and yet the Naira is even more devalued than it was months ago?

There is nothing like subsidy.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
Freemanan:

Rocket scientist!
I simply ask a question that demands an answer of same nature... How will the FG get the questions?

NO need for epistle.

You can forward the question to the FGN, that is also part of your civic responsibility in entrenching transparency in government except if u have phobia for transparency.

Apply common sense and deduce from my assertion if what i stated is noble or not.

This wasn't an epistle.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
byrron:

You can also forward the question to the FGN, that is also part of your civic responsibility in entrenching transparency in government except if u have phobia for transparency.

Apply common sense and deduce from my assertion if what i stated is noble or not.

This wasn't an epistle.

YOU SEE....
I WAS TRYING TO DEDUCE THE AIM OF YOUR INITIAL POST AND YOU GAVE ME THE LOGIC NEEDED. YOU WERE JUST WRITING OUT OF HATE AND SENTIMENT WHICH I KNOW NOT YOUR GAIN.

YOUR LOTS COME ONLINE PRETENDING TO BE SOCIAL MEDIAL KINGPINS ON POLITICAL ANALYSIS! WELL, MATE, YOU AREN'T... YOU ARE A COW...

GOODNIGHT. OR MORNING WHEREVER YOUR CONTINENT IS
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by ExInferis(m): 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
double post.

removed
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by ExInferis(m): 8:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:
. The current state of affairs of our nation is largely due to subsidy!

Actually it's due to bad, visionless, selfish leadership and theft. May other countries have subsidies in various industries and they're doing just great. Are you aware that the US pays subsidies to major organizations in the energy and agriculture sectors? Shell alone has collected about $2.04 billion as subsidies.

tuniski:

In fact, the death of taxation cos of petroleum is the opium the masses are on for this spate of indifference to governance!

Ours is a society where the individual is not fully emancipated politically, thus the power barons decide our collective fates without us being able to do much about it. Everywhere you look, from organized labor to trade unions to the legislature, the common man's interests are steadily stifled and downtrodden for the collective interests of the power horde. The citizenry is too divided along real and artificial chasms to mass together and make enough difference. also, the state is not shy of bringing out the big guns to quash any dissent.

tuniski:

I bet u, let the subsidy go and let the effects come full force, we will adjust.

We've heard this argument before: subsidy was partially withdrawn, nothing much has changed beyond enriching a few people via the fraudulent SURE-P.

tuniski:

high cost in itself is not the problem purchasing power is!

Actually, inflation is the problem. When inflation goes up, purchasing power goes down, costs go up. Its a veritable see-saw cheesy
Inflation has very little to do with subsidy payments, being a function of the forces of demand and supply, and unemployment

tuniski:

However, with the burden completely transfered to citizens we can now be awaken from our slumber and engage those in govt. The large scale corruption will then be checked cos I can't be paying thru sweat and one person just sit down and embezzle, mismanage and misappropriate such resources. No one will mobilize citizens for protest the burden will!!! !

Engage those in government how? Our homework must begin within ourselves at the grass root. When the yoruba stops hating the igbo, and the igbo drops his enmity towards the hausas, then we can mass up and rail against the system. But in a situation where we polarized ourselves along trivial differences then our struggle must perforce be in vain.

tuniski:

Subsidy must go and now

I quite agree. It has to. But not right away. Other things must be in place to cushion the effect. We can transfer the socialist framework of fuel subsidy to, say, agriculture or education or even health. The most advanced societies do not leave these 3 segments to the laissez faire forces. Also, we must build industries to mop up the unemployed, which would stabilize wages and consumer confidence, thus reducing inflation.

NIgerians must be de-programmed from wanting everything for free; we're not communists. But at the same time some socialist welfare must dilute the absolute capitalism you seem to suggest. Ergo, subsidy would not be killed; merely transferred.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by MizMyColi(f): 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
baralatie:

no effect on the current situation as at now.

*sighs*
Smh.

Okay, now I'm forced to asked.
What change exactly is the Buhari led FG bringing about? Or are they merely consolidating on the efforts of the past administration?

Does Nigeria even have a leader at this moment?
What is going on for crying out loud?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Lists 44 Highways, 63 Roads To Be Constructed In 3-Year Plan / Deji Adeyanju: “Buhari Is Lifeless, Everyone Is Better Than Buhari” / APGA Campaign Tour Train Arrives Onitsha South LGA (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.