Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598625 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hi guys, how was work today?

I got 2 email messages from WES on June 7 that the photocopies of my documents have been sent to my institutions for verification but up till now, they are yet to receive them. How can I track the packages, though they were not sent by Int'l courier. I guess they used Canada Post to send them. Does it really take longer time like this? Please EPP your bro cos my IELTS results would be ready tomorrow and I wan enta pool asap!

Thank you!,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
tundechange:

I got 2 email messages from WES on June 7 that the photocopies of my documents have been sent to my institutions for verification but up till now, they are yet to receive them. How can I track the packages, though they were not sent by Int'l courier. I guess they used Canada Post to send them. Does it really take longer time like this? Please EPP your bro cos my IELTS results would be ready tomorrow and I wan enta pool asap!

Thank you!,
I read it takes about an average of 2 weeks to get to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
superchi:

Please which of the fees?

CIC fees for PR application & RPRF abi?

As per exchange rate you have no control over it as it's determine by a lot of factors right now in Nigeria.

But the restriction thing, no Nigerian Naira card can work. I recently paid CAD$2530 CIC fees.

Two options: 1. Get a Dollar denominated Mastercard/Visa from GTB et all and buy $ from parallel mkt to fund it.
2. If you have a brother in Canada or USA use their card to pay then reimburse their Naira acct if they still maintain one.

I used the first option, the USD amount came to $2060.

Hope this helps?

Cheers
THANKS FOR THE PRICELESS INFO,I THINK I WILL GO THE WAY OF OPTION 2. CAN I PAY JUST FOR PR APPLICATION?. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
tundechange:

Thank you!,
Track it from the Registrar's office try and tip someone there (the person in charge of receiving and dispatching mail)so that he/she can inform you when they receive it then still try and pay for courier (post office EMS) to send it back through say person get the tracking number, that was what I did last year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thanx bro

Adiahabasi:
I read it takes about an average of 2 weeks to get to Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 6:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thanx so much. I am actually following up with both institutions. Please, when sending it back, how long will it take to get to WES if its sent by Post Office EMS. I actually sent the previous one through DHL and it was delivered within 4 working days. I'm trying to consider Post Office EMS cos its cheaper.

Arcayo:

Track it from the Registrar's office try and tip someone there (the person in charge of receiving and dispatching mail)so that he/she can inform you when they receive it then still try and pay for courier (post office EMS) to send it back through say person get the tracking number, that was what I did last year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
zandora:
Hello all,

I've created this thread for Canadian Express Entry and outstanding FSW 2014 applicants since the previous thread became too long and has now been closed. I've also pasted a PDF link below which details the step by step instructions to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program via Express Entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gWGgP8Vy5lSjFoaC01ZUtOaTg/view

In order to apply for Express Entry via FSW you need to first have a minimum of 1 year full time (30 hrs a week) or 2 years part time (15 hrs a week) skilled work experience which falls under NOC code A,B or O. Check for your NOC code below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Next take your IELTS General test.

Then evaluate your degree or credentials via WES Canada (the best option). See link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

After doing the above, to find out if you've qualified you need to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the FSW grid. Calculate your score below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Now that you've qualified, you can go ahead and complete your Express Entry profile via the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Other things you must have:

Reference letters to verify the work experience you're claiming points for in the specified format below:

Written on company letterhead.

Signed by the responsible officers/supervisor.

Have the printed name and job title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature.

Show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses

Stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

The letter must include 5 things:

Your job title.

The dates of your employment (ideal format: DD/MM/YYYYY).

Your salary per year (or month).

Your average hours per week.

A detailed list of your employment duties.

Next you need to provide police certificates from all the countries you've resided in for 6 months and above since you were 18 years. See link on how to obtain PC from various countries below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

Then you need to provide proof of funds for you and/or your family:

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,164
2 $15,143
3 $18,617
4 $22,603
5 $25,636
6 $28,913
7 or more $32,191 (I've updated the funds requirement)

Note: Birth certificates are no longer required for applicants but are only now required for your child/children.

Wishing you the best of luck smiley!

Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

As a graphic artist with only school certificate but without a degree. Learnt the art of graphics from a road-side computer school but the Certificate was given.
Is there any hope for such a fellow in Canada skilled worker immigration program?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
AyaSunday:

As a graphic artist with only school certificate but without a degree. Learnt the art of graphics from a road-side computer school but the Certificate was given.
Is there any hope for such a fellow in Canada skilled worker immigration program?
. Yes you can,but check on the page you quoted to see if you'l hv the required 67 points. Your profession is under skill type B . http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=5223&val65=*
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
tundechange:
Thanx so much. I am actually following up with both institutions. Please, when sending it back, how long will it take to get to WES if its sent by Post Office EMS. I actually sent the previous one through DHL and it was delivered within 4 working days. I'm trying to consider Post Office EMS cos its cheaper.

It might take a week or two, you know schools normally use post office ,so it's better to use EMS, so that your verification won't be the only one with odd courier company in your school which might look suspicious to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
OK, thanks for your time, regards

Arcayo:

It might take a week or two, you know schools normally use post office ,so it's better to use EMS, so that your verification won't be the only one with odd courier company in your school which might look suspicious to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 11:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
tundechange:
Thanx so much. I am actually following up with both institutions. Please, when sending it back, how long will it take to get to WES if its sent by Post Office EMS. I actually sent the previous one through DHL and it was delivered within 4 working days. I'm trying to consider Post Office EMS cos its cheaper

Ems might take anywhere from 7 to 15 days. Depending on the day they are having. Packag to Canada leaves every Tuesday from MIA. But, I think schools have their official courier that they use.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 1:52am On Jun 17, 2016
beyunce:

Ems might take anywhere from 7 to 15 days. Depending on the day they are having. Packag to Canada leaves every Tuesday from MIA. But, I think schools have their official courier that they use.

Tnx Beyunce, I'll rather go with DHL.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by einsteino(m): 7:30am On Jun 17, 2016
superchi:

Please which of the fees?

CIC fees for PR application & RPRF abi?

As per exchange rate you have no control over it as it's determine by a lot of factors right now in Nigeria.

But the restriction thing, no Nigerian Naira card can work. I recently paid CAD$2530 CIC fees.

Two options: 1. Get a Dollar denominated Mastercard/Visa from GTB et all and buy $ from parallel mkt to fund it.
2. If you have a brother in Canada or USA use their card to pay then reimburse their Naira acct if they still maintain one.

I used the first option, the USD amount came to $2060.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Wait you mean it cost 2530CAD for PR application? Or is that after you have been selected?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by einsteino(m): 7:54am On Jun 17, 2016
Garykasparov:

Yes, reasonably it will impede your chances to secure a study visa. However, you have to be clever about this. Note that not until you have been invited from the EE pool, and you apply, is it deemed to impede your study visa chances, existing in the pool does not.

Lastly, if you have a good score enter the pool and pursue your PR, then further your studies afterwards with cheaper tuition, so it is a win-win situation. Be optimistic your EE application will be successful which means you wouldn't need to apply for study visa.

Thanks alot for replying. Please how do i evaluate my score for the pool? I am eligible for the FSW, having a score of 68/100. Is that the score you are referring to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
Our IELTS result just got in. Mine L8.0, R7.5, W8.0, S8.0 overall 8.0. Wife's L6.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0 overall 7.0.

With this result will we get the maximum score for language. Someone posted a link where one can convert IELTS score to CLB band but I can't seem to find it. Who knows want CLB band these scores translate to. I am the principal applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
freeradical:
Our IELTS result just got in. Mine L8.0, R7.5, W8.0, S8.0 overall 8.0. Wife's L6.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0 overall 7.0.

With this result will we get the maximum score for language. Someone posted a link where one can convert IELTS score to CLB band but I can't seem to find it. Who knows want CLB band these scores translate to. I am the principal applicant.

Good scores. Congrats.

You will be losing 12 points though, cos of the listening and reading scores for both you and wifey.

To have maximum scores for language, the primary applicant must have minimum of L8.5, R8.0, W7.5, S7.5 while spouse must make a minimum of L8.0, R7.0, W7.0 and S7.0.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MamaTobenna: 4:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hello everyone, I am new to this particular thread. It has been really enlightening reading through. There is a question I need answer to though. We(hubby and I) have submitted our entry into the pool but I need some clarification. I have a BSC and I have ICAN. WES does not recognize ICAN but if I do not put the ICAN in our entry, I will fall below 450. Since we put in our code from WES anyways, would we still be penalized if we add the ICAN qualification. I don't know if my question is clear enough
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 4:35pm On Jun 17, 2016
MamaTobenna:
Hello everyone, I am new to this particular thread. It has been really enlightening reading through. There is a question I need answer to though. We(hubby and I) have submitted our entry into the pool but I need some clarification. I have a BSC and I have ICAN. WES does not recognize ICAN but if I do not put the ICAN in our entry, I will fall below 450. Since we put in our code from WES anyways, would we still be penalized if we add the ICAN qualification. I don't know if my question is clear enough
What do you have in your IELTS scores and your husbands? Maybe you should work on that or apply for PNP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 4:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Good scores. Congrats.

You will be losing 12 points though, cos of the listening and reading scores for both you and wifey.

To have maximum scores for language, the primary applicant must have minimum of L8.5, R8.0, W7.5, S7.5 while spouse must make a minimum of L8.0, R7.0, W7.0 and S7.0.
Thanks pal. Is this still good enough to enter the pool or would you suggest either/both of us resit. I do not think 12 points is big enough to equate financing another IELTS test.

How many points will one lose for age between 29years and 30 years
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MamaTobenna: 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
My ielts was very okay. Had an overall score of 8. I have to be the principal cos of hubby's age. I am just not clear if there will be penalty if I put in my ICAN cert. The province nomination seems like a very tall order, though we are looking out for that as well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
MamaTobenna:
My ielts was very okay. Had an overall score of 8. I have to be the principal cos of hubby's age. I am just not clear if there will be penalty if I put in my ICAN cert. The province nomination seems like a very tall order, though we are looking out for that as well
What of your husband's IELTS scores also did you evaluate his certificate that's where you can get points or else go for PNP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
freeradical:
Thanks pal. Is this still good enough to enter the pool or would you suggest either/both of us resit. I do not think 12 points is big enough to equate financing another IELTS test.

I wouldn't advise you to retake. Your scores are pretty good.

You start losing 5points for each birthday after the 29th one. So at 30, you will lose 5 points, 31--- 10 points and so on.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
MamaTobenna:

If WES does not recognise your ICAN certificate, how did you claim points for it? What was the summary on the WES report?

Did you choose the "Two or more certificates" option?

Any certificate not recognised by the assessing body will not be recognised by CIC too. Adding it does not affect your application positively or negatively.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by unibadan(m): 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
A friend of mine has similar situation wit urs in the WES evaluation. See below.

Please, what did you eventually used for the EE profile.

Summary: Bachelor (4 year)

1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: XXXX
Awarded by: XXXXXXXX
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Certificate of Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Year: XXXXX
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants of XXXXXX
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of professional study

Kindly assist on what should the input be wheteher to pick 2 or more degree or just Bachelor degree

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
einsteino:

Wait you mean it cost 2530CAD for PR application? Or is that after you have been selected?

Yeah I've been selected.

But wait a minute oh. Haven't you been selected?

So what application fee are you paying for?

Mine cost that amount b'cos I am paying for 5 people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
unibadan:
A friend of mine has similar situation wit urs in the WES evaluation. See below.

Please, what did you eventually used for the EE profile.

Summary: Bachelor (4 year)

1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: XXXX
Awarded by: XXXXXXXX
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Certificate of Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Year: XXXXX
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants of XXXXXX
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of professional study

Kindly assist on what should the input be wheteher to pick 2 or more degree or just Bachelor degree

Thanks.

He should pick Bachelor's degree as stated in the summary. The summary is all that matters to CIC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MamaTobenna: 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

If WES does not recognise your ICAN certificate, how did you claim points for it? What was the summary on the WES report?

Any certificate not recognised by the assessing body will not be recognised by CIC too. Adding it does affect your application positively or negatively.
summary on Wes says 4 year degree . So what I am asking is, can I still fill in ICAN and as part of my EDUCation since I have it anyway cos if I don't select ICAN , my points are lower
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MamaTobenna: 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Any certificate not recognised by the assessing body will not be recognised by CIC too. Adding it does affect your application positively or negatively.
I chose the two or more certificates option.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
MamaTobenna:
summary on Wes says 4 year degree . So what I am asking is, can I still fill in ICAN and as part of my EDUCation since I have it anyway cos if I don't select ICAN , my points are lower

If summary says Bachelor's degree, you will be refused if you select "two or more degrees". CIC only works with the summary from the evaluting bodies.

And yes, your points will reduce when you leave out the ICAN, but it is a safer choice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2016
MamaTobenna:
I chose the two or more certificates option.
Email WES and have them include your ICAN in the summary. Then you can choose two or more degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by buemene(m): 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
GrandCommander:

Nice writeup here. In the light of ur narrative up there, is it advisable for someone that has less than 400 points to wait until he his able to get 400 or more points before registering in the EE pool?

I am assuming you got your less than 400 points through CIC self assessment tool. Well, note that your express entry profile's lifespan/validity is one year. if you did not get an ITA within this period, your profile will be deleted and you will need to complete and submit a new profile. Creation of a new profile does not attract any fee anyway.

In light of this, It is entirely up to you since either way is inconsequential. I would however advise you create your profile and use the motivation of haven taken the first step to fix any other thing that will increase your CRS scores.

God Speed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SomebodyLovesMe: 3:47am On Jun 18, 2016
freeradical:

Your scores look promising, as the principal applicant, as does your age.The best next step is to calculate your 'CRS Score', as this is what will determine if / how early you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA). A score of 450 and above is what many aim for.

Two ways to determine your CRS score:

1. Google 'CIC CRS Calculator' and use the one on the canadavisa.com website
2. A more reliable option, create an account with CIC and enter the pool ( after submitting your information with CIC, your score will be automatically calculated and displayed for you).

When you know your score, you can determine if it is necessary to retake tests for either youself,.your wife, or both.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.