Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603157 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:45pm On Feb 27, 2017
*modified

@bigheadday

I think age is responsible for your low CRS score.

If you can get an attestation for your Msc, I think you should be the principal applicant as boldinc earlier suggested.

IMHO, your immediate focus should be on obtaining ECA reports and IELTS results for you and your wife. Find out if you can get an attestation for the Msc programme.

Thereafter, you can now use the CRS tool to determine who should be the principal applicant between you and your spouse. Check my previous post for this.

Please ask all your questions here so that you can benefit from diverse opinions and input of other members.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 7:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
Have you thought of rewriting your IELTS if improving scores can get you direct ITA cos getting a direct ITA is cheaper and faster in securing PPR than OINP.
Afamdi12:
@boldinc thank you. Please one confusing thing, for LRWS I made 8,6.5,7.5,6.5 if I receive NOI from OINP do my scores qualify to apply? As their required clb is band 7 in all. Please can I get a link that explains this? I want to know if I have to start the application as 1500cad is not soo cheap.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
vcole:
@byskoye, i did request my gcms notes. once in january and the second in february. i received the first about 3 weeks later and i am yet to receive the second. A friend in Canada helped request for it. you can use gcmsnow though or visafile I think others have used them without complaints.
@ugoiyke, scan all the relevant pages of your passport and use it for your eAPR, then you can go ahead and apply for a new passport. During the process of applying for a new passport, your old one would be taken from you so you won't have access to it and on return it would be stamped cancelled without prejudice. You are allowed to request for a passport renewal (or is it reissuance? i dunno) up to 3 months to your expiry date I believe. You can get first hand information from the NIS.
When you get a new passport, send a scanned copy of the biodata page by cse.

thanks vcole for this insightful response.
by "relevant pages" do u mean visa and immigration stamped pages or just d biodata page alone??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2017
The passport we uploaded during eapr, we couldn't get a non- teeth showing photo lol! However, surprisingly for the photo we sent for the COPR, we got a non smiling forward facing photo for the lil man. I pray we don't have any issues with the pr card cos getting a non smiling photo with a toddler is so difficult.
dupyshoo:
You won't get any error, so far the file is not more than 2MB.

The important one is the photo you submit after PPR. They reject a lot of photos during the printing of PR cards. We were fortunate that ours were accepted though as we could not get our toddler to take a photo without smiling.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hello house, I just realised that during my employment start dates in my profile I was still on holiday in the States. Please can one change employment start dates in job bank and same too in EE profile already created bfre proceeding to accept ITA or applicatiom for OINP? Any consequences? If I leave it is there any good reason to include in letter of explanation pleaseeeee. Thanks for your anticipated responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:19am On Feb 28, 2017
Have you received ITA?

Afamdi12:
Hello house, I just realised that during my employment start dates in my profile I was still on holiday in the States. Please can one change employment start dates in job bank and same too in EE profile already created bfre proceeding to accept ITA or applicatiom for OINP? Any consequences? If I leave it is there any good reason to include in letter of explanation pleaseeeee. Thanks for your anticipated responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by showerses: 7:42am On Feb 28, 2017
Please my good people any suggestion will be appreciated.

I am doing my ECA with WES, on 6th January WES sent me an email that my documents have been sent to my school for verification and last week Thursday my school responded to WES and WES acknowledged it and their update changed from "waiting for verification from institution" to " Document received and in progress" but yesterday to my surprise WES sent me another email that they sent mail to my school and are waiting to hear from them and the update has gone back to "waiting to hear from your institution" what will i do as my school has already responded to them. I know that WES did system upgrade or something like that last 2weeks or so, Please what do i do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:53am On Feb 28, 2017
It will be advisable to follow up with your school and get them to respond same way they did the last time.

showerses:
Please my good people any suggestion will be appreciated.

I am doing my ECA with WES, on 6th January WES sent me an email that my documents have been sent to my school for verification and last week Thursday my school responded to WES and WES acknowledged it and their update changed from "waiting for verification from institution" to " Document received and in progress" but yesterday to my surprise WES sent me another email that they sent mail to my school and are waiting to hear from them and the update has gone back to "waiting to hear from your institution" what will i do as my school has already responded to them. I know that WES did system upgrade or something like that last 2weeks or so, Please what do i do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 8:03am On Feb 28, 2017
mamatwiny:
Hi ,
Please I checked my Hubby's noc and the job description DT fits his skill is noc 2264 which is rated a grade b.

Is there any disadvantage applying via trade ?
He has a degree as well as Intl certifications for the job.

I was denied Canadian visa ( student permit ) 3 times abt 4 or 5 years ago so am scared of being the primary applicant. My job skill is a grade A

Do grade a applicants get faster it's than grade b? Can we apply seperately while including each other as spouse? Please advise.

How do you guys get letter of reference from the company you work? I don't think my employer will want to give such reference for immigration. They only give letter of introduction to embassy for visit.

Hubby has 7 years experience with different coys with max of years per coy...oil projects. Will he have to get reference letter from all d coys?
3 years work experience within 10years is sufficient.
U just have to convince your company to give you the reference letter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:10am On Feb 28, 2017
You are really lucky. Mine was just smiling all through. We had to make do with the least smiling photo when we got tired. We took another one when we got to Canada thinking we will be told to resubmit our photos. Fortunately for us, we got our PR cards a month after landing.

vcole:
The passport we uploaded during eapr, we couldn't get a non- teeth showing photo lol! However, surprisingly for the photo we sent for the COPR, we got a non smiling forward facing photo for the lil man. I pray we don't have any issues with the pr card cos getting a non smiling photo with a toddler is so difficult.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 10:51am On Feb 28, 2017
boldinc:
Have you received ITA?

boldinc:
Have you received ITA?

@boldinc No. Just received NOI
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 10:51am On Feb 28, 2017
boldinc:
Have you received ITA?

boldinc:
Have you received ITA?

@boldinc No. Just received NOI
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by showerses: 11:40am On Feb 28, 2017
Thank you so Much Boldinc, i will act accordingly.

It will be advisable to follow up with your school and get them to respond same way they did the last time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hello guys, for those who answered YES to those statutory questions in Post ITA form, did you put same reasons in both questions?? (I think it was question 3&4).

I duplicated same answer as both questions asked the same thing indirectly bothered on rejection/refusal of visas in the past. Hope that's not a problem.

Lastly, any harm in submitting a Shedule A form even when not asked? I nor wan do oversabi grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 12:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
ugoiyke79e2:

thanks vcole for this insightful response.
by "relevant pages" do u mean visa and immigration stamped pages or just d biodata page alone??

As vcole advised, you scan the current valid passport relevant pages and that entails (biodata page + any immigration entry/exit stamps, markings + visas).

Do only thing you may leave out are empty pages.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Moatte: 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hello guys
My husband did his masters in the UK 11years ago. Will he need police certificate for our application?

Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hello All...
I am presently trying to get preliminary documents ready; the ECA and IELTS before creating an EE profile. Do i need a POF at the point of creating the EE profile or this comes at ITA stage? Thanks as you attempt to answer my question.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
It's necessary when you get ITA.
olajide21:
Hello All...
I am presently trying to get preliminary documents ready; the ECA and IELTS before creating an EE profile. Do i need a POF at the point of creating the EE profile or this comes at ITA stage? Thanks as you attempt to answer my question.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
olajide21:
Hello All...

No you don't need POF when creating EE profile. It is good though to start thinking of your PoF requirements and how you intend to show that e.g. Save up, gift deed, liquidate assets etc. You will need your POF (6 months bank statement) post ITA.

Hope this helps!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by steoneill: 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hi all, having a slight problem with employer reference letters and was wondering if anyone could help.

In my original application I included an employer whom did not affect my score and was only an employer for a short period of time.

Upon getting an invitation to apply, I have not been able to get a reference of employment from this employer. Is it better for me to remove this employer from the application entirely and submit with other employment history I have or to include it and instead of uploading a reference letter, instead upload an explanation that I was not able to gain any reference of this employer ?

I am worried that an inconsistency between my original application and the one I submit following my invitation to apply will mean a rejection for PR ! Does anyone have any experience with this or advice on what to do, would be greatly appreciated !
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ehrnie:

No you don't need POF when creating EE profile. It is good though to start thinking of your PoF requirements and how you intend to show that e.g. Save up, gift deed, liquidate assets etc. You will need your POF (6 months bank statement) post ITA.

Hope this helps!

it does help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
esosa4real:
Hello guys, for those who answered YES to those statutory questions in Post ITA form, did you put same reasons in both questions?? (I think it was question 3&4).

I duplicated same answer as both questions asked the same thing indirectly bothered on rejection/refusal of visas in the past. Hope that's not a problem.

Lastly, any harm in submitting a Shedule A form even when not asked? I nor wan do oversabi grin

I am in the same boat, cause they are actually the same question...just twisted differently.

Elders, please advise us.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hello house, I just received NOI. I am currently using an agent in the UK for the EE but for this OINP I will have to do myself cz I cant pay their charge if they have to run this for me also. However, I have a few pressing questions before I proceed with my application.

1. I just realised that my employment start dates in my EE profile coincides with the date I was on vacation in the States. If I have to fill my travel history, it might raise a flag. Please can one change employment start dates in the EE profile bfre proceeding to application for OINP? Any consequences? If I leave it, is there any good reason to include in letter of explanation?

2. For pof, prior to my EE profile I gave the info of my pof coming from my company where I work, like an upfront allowance or stuff. But i changed my mind after creating profile and decided to do gift deed since its been working for everyone. Atm, I'm being told by my agent if i'm receiving this money as a gift, I should make sure it is fixed and does not show the money is loan or gift. Guess she's still working on the premise of what she created the profile with. What should I do at this point please? Anyone used money from their company and it worked. What can be in the LOE please, so I dont complicate issues. Thanks for your anticipated responses. Sorry for the long read
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hi

You can remove any employment (that doesn't add points to your CRS I.e. more than 3yrs) without a reference letter to your personal history section. It is not a problem at all.

click on modify details, remove it from employment records and input it in your personal history. it will automatically remove the reference letter upload button; and this would NOT lead to a rejection (if like I mentioned earlier....you are not claiming work points for it)

However, if you are claiming work points for it...then you can get your former supervisor to write a reference for you, attach his complimentary card...get it notarized and scan alongside an LOE.

The elders can advice better!

steoneill:
Hi all, having a slight problem with employer reference letters and was wondering if anyone could help.

In my original application I included an employer whom did not affect my score and was only an employer for a short period of time.

Upon getting an invitation to apply, I have not been able to get a reference of employment from this employer. Is it better for me to remove this employer from the application entirely and submit with other employment history I have or to include it and instead of uploading a reference letter, instead upload an explanation that I was not able to gain any reference of this employer ?

I am worried that an inconsistency between my original application and the one I submit following my invitation to apply will mean a rejection for PR ! Does anyone have any experience with this or advice on what to do, would be greatly appreciated !

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
Please house help me with answers ooooo.I am currently working on my OINP.I tried scanning all pages of my 64paged passport but i am unable to do so as it comes up with an error message.Pls can i scan the passport per 12pages meaning i will have like 4 attachments.I want to know if it is allowed to break up the scanned document(passport) and attach per batch as i am unable to scan all 64pages in a single pdf file.Pls respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Timhortons: 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
A little Info on those that have their PR's and are heading to Calgary.When you are settled in Calgary try and visit CCIS in downtown for assistance.You can benefit so much and their services are all free ranging from ESL,power engineering program class 5 & 4, Seismic training and a host of other free courses that you can take to enable you settle properly.

Again for our Engineering and Science students back home that intend to further their studies in Calgary. Please make your research very well about courses you intend to take.Some courses might be very goodback home but has little prospect here in Calgary.Go for certification courses and Diploma,dont rush into masters with the hope of getting a good job (Though it is possible).

Take time and make research about Power Engineering and dont forget to thank me later.Saying this cos I have not read anything about it on nairaland.

Cheers.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by steoneill: 8:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
Should I just change my record as to being unemployed during this period then as apposed to saying I worked in said company ?

JESUnifemi4eva:
Hi

You can remove any employment (that doesn't add points to your CRS I.e. more than 3yrs) without a reference letter to your personal history section. It is not a problem at all.

click on modify details, remove it from employment records and input it in your personal history. it will automatically remove the reference letter upload button; and this would NOT lead to a rejection (if like I mentioned earlier....you are not claiming work points for it)

However, if you are claiming work points for it...then you can get your former supervisor to write a reference for you, attach his complimentary card...get it notarized and scan alongside an LOE.

The elders can advice better!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigheadday: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
40manlappy:
*modified

@bigheadday

I think age is responsible for your low CRS score.

If you can get an attestation for your Msc, I think you should be the principal applicant as boldinc earlier suggested.

IMHO, your immediate focus should be on obtaining ECA reports and IELTS results for you and your wife. Find out if you can get an attestation for the Msc programme.

Thereafter, you can now use the CRS tool to determine who should be the principal applicant between you and your spouse. Check my previous post for this.

Please ask all your questions here so that you can benefit from diverse opinions and input of other members.

Cheers!

@40Manlappy... Thanks a bunch. I'm thinking of registering the IELTS exam for my wife now since she has a Bsc and her age is 30. Also I have been getting messages from one "Migrate Expert Canada" an online agent. Do you think using an online agent helps in securing a PR? I sincerely do appreciate your input and that of BoldInc as I have gained good knowledge of the process. Thanks men...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
The reason why you're here is to garner knowledge as to how to do it yourself, every informations you need is already here only if you can read the thread. Consulting an agent won't add any value to your application except of it will further affect it. I will advise you follow the thread carefully and ask questions when you need to.
bigheadday:

@40Manlappy... Thanks a bunch. I'm thinking of registering the IELTS exam for my wife now since she has a Bsc and her age is 30. Also I have been getting messages from one "Migrate Expert Canada" an online agent. Do you think using an online agent helps in securing a PR? I sincerely do appreciate your input and that of BoldInc as I have gained good knowledge of the process. Thanks men...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dandav1215: 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hi guys
If my hubby is applying as a the principal applicant do I as the wife need to write the ielts test.
Tnks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
You can take the information out i the 'work history'... There is no harm in that. But make sure you include the details in the 'personal history' section. That way, you do not have to present a reference letter and at the same time, your details pre ITA stays consistent...

steoneill:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2017
Are you in the pool now? What is your score? You do not need an agent to get this done... Nobody here used one.

What stage are you in now with this process. Share and let's see how you can be helped.

bigheadday:

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.