Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599145 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
434? This is great news! Anyone out there to testify?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
shinarambo1:

Then why do you want to go for diploma program? with all the coding skills you would learn in the HIM program, the max u would make as an HIM is circa 60-70k per year if you are lucky to get on an health service employer. Whereas a family physician in sask or alberta could make as much as 250k per year. The time you would devort to studying for a diploma could as well be used in studying for your licensure exams. It is doable... There are lots of naija doctors in sask for example. i was in a city called estevan south of sask, and out of the 20 docs in that city, 15 were nigerians. I begin same for Weyburn about 12 out of 18 are Nigerians. There was even a naija husband and wife doc sef in either of the cities sef. You would encounter Nigerian doctors all around the province and Canada...the trick is to start from smaller cities and town...Abeg no dull yourself ooo...

I know sask and i think nova scotia both have program to accelerate MDs into family health positions in rural communities or small cities within a space of 3 to 4 years. Due to the nature of my work...i travel alot around sask and over 50% of the doctors are Nigerians. You might want to research on those special programs in sask/nova scotia. I am not sure if other provinces have such programs.

Your pof of 3k in cash should work. Not sure bout the statement though. I converted mine to bank draft but they did not even ask to see it. They only counted the cash i had on me.

Modified:

for sask-

http://saskdocs.ca/work/family-physician---imgs/sippa/

For NS-

https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/core-units/cpd/traineeships/clinical-assessment-program.html

Alot of Nigerian doctors have benefitted from both programs.

Thanks boss! You just restarted my brain!!
Lol.....250k per year is not beans!
grin grin

We keep hearing different things and just like I was told, you have confirmed it take 3years minimum to get ground as a doc....

But how man go survive till then? Do these docs do menial jobs in the mean time. Truth is that I am trying to look for a situation to avoid menial jobs by maybe schooling on PR-low cost fees and then studying for exams + even studentjobs........(i hope you get me, based on WIN\WIN situation))

Any ways I got your point about the smaller cities. I will begin to research this sask and novascotia. I was looking at Alberta all these while based on recommendations.

Thanks Bro, you sha understand the flow. Will pm and add you on a later date so we will discuss.

For now I am still in eAPr stage, but information gained.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
So sorry about your result my brother. You have gone too far to give up wink

Please brace up and give it the last shot. I trust God to give us a testimony soonest.

Cheers

40manlappy:

It was poorer compared to my 1st attempt sad

Listening 6.5, Reading 8.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5. Overall: 7.5

Not too surprised about Listening because Section 3 threw me off balance and I knew it wasn't going to be so fantastic but the Writing part amazed me. I was confident of my writing and expected minimum of 7.

@boldinc: I wish angry

Looping: Garykasparov

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nogen: 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
40manlappy:

Wow! This is good news. May this trend continues before PNPs start flooding the pool cheesy

@Nogen: Warming up for April? wink

You can say that! Received NOI from OINP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
boldinc:

My CRS score is 435 but no message in my CIC account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
It will come, not to worry... give it a few more hours.

revlane:

My CRS score is 435 but no message in my CIC account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
boldinc:
It will come, not to worry... give it a few more hours.

My eyes are wide opened oooo,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
boldinc:

Yes o. At 439. Waiting 'patiently' for the ITA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
Congrats to all that have gotten ITA and best of luck to those expecting.

With the volume of ITA's being issued out, its important that post ITA, we do everything possible to ensure that the whole process ends up successful.

Came across this on another website and i hope it helps..Others that have passed through this phase please help verify what can be modified or added.

Dear Friends,

According to forum topic I found that we are discussing and sharing a lot of other stuff with each other. Its not bad but we must also keep focusing on possible reasons of rejection before application as well as during the processing time. I start creating a list of reported reasons of rejections you can add more reasons in it or just send me new reasons in inbox to create a useful database.

1. Job not specified as full time and permanent employment
2. Failure to upload ECA (even though it does not ask for it on the upload page)
3. Passport scan missing or incomplete.
4. Missing Proof of Education.
5. Missing original PCC.
6. Incorrect NOC
7. Duties Mismatch
8. Submitting PCCs with specific addresses mentioned
9. Not providing "certified true" transcripts for Canadian degree/diploma
10. POF less than LICO

@ Vcole, Boldinc, et al.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
Thanks Boldinc for your response.It was really helpful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AZeD1(m): 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
For those who submitted, with gift deeds, did you also submit addition documents with the gift deed e.g bank statement of the person providing the gift?

Also has anybody being able to get the bank letter in the specified format from GTB for savings account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 9:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
With the current trends, scores should drop to 400 by end of April, 2017 at 2-3 draws per month and at the falling rate of 6-7 points per draw. Who also sees this coming?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
alt3r3g0:

With the volume of ITA's being issued out, its important that post ITA, we do everything possible to ensure that the whole process ends up successful.

Came across this on another website and i hope it helps..Others that have passed through this phase please help verify what can be modified or added.

@ Vcole, Boldinc, et al.

Thanks for this very useful information. I have two questions though -

Please what is ECA? Is that the WES certificate?

I don't understand number 8 Re: PCC with specific addresses not mentioned. What addresses?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
alt3r3g0:

@ Vcole, Boldinc, et al.

I don't understand number 8 Re: PCC with specific addresses mentioned. What addresses?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Ehrnie:

I don't understand number 8 Re: PCC with specific addresses mentioned. What addresses?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
@Bimpsy99: Thanks for the encouragement. May God grant us positive testimonies soon.

Congrats @Nogen and all those who got NOI/ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Ehrnie:

ECA is Educational Credential Assessment. Yes it reffers to WES or IQAS etc.

For the PCC..from the site, it was mostly indians that were affected based on the format for their PCC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
alt3r3g0:

ECA is Educational Credential Assessment. Yes it reffers to WES or IQAS etc.

For the PCC..from the site, it was mostly indians that were affected based on the format for their PCC.

Oh okay...I was a lil confused about the PCC. Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:01pm On Mar 01, 2017
Congrats to all those expecting an ita in this highly unexpected draw. With the latest trend showing a marked increase in itas, I will like to admonish all who have received ita before now to kindly do all that's possible to submit on time. It's a no brainer that processing time for applications would begin to get prolonged due to the increase in the number of applicants. Also, it's advisable to submit your application before summer when the bulk of student apps start getting priority at visa offices.
This is just my subtle note of warning to some of our peeps cc: boldinc, esosa4real

@shinrambo thanks for your insight. However, licensing is never a straight forward process. It involves a minimum of 2 exams which are not exactly written within a short frame of time. Moving as a health professional anywhere in the world requires consideration because you become a fmg aka foreign medical graduate. Canada especially has an issue with fmgs, so much so that it was news worthy about a year or two ago with Trudeau actually having to make a statement about it with promises on rolling out plans to address the issue over the next few years. So while north america pays doctors well, sometimes it's not just about the money for everyone. There is the need to factor in what can be done in terms of earning an income pending licensing which could take 2 years.Then, getting licensed doesn't guarantee a placement. The residency match system places Canadian citizens and prs with Canadian medical education as top priority and fmgs at the bottom of the cAdre. Sask and NS give some fmgs a pathway into a GP prog. They have a quota yearly. Then there is also the fact to consider that not every doctor wants to be a gp. So, licensing exams are not always the way to go for everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by laykay(m): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2017
Express Entry CRS Point Requirement Decreases Yet Again in March 1 Draw

The largest ever Express Entry draw for immigration to Canada has taken place, and the number of Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points required in order for a candidate to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence has decreased yet again. Candidates in the Express Entry pool with 434 CRS points were issued an ITA in the March 1 draw.

A total of 3,884 ITAs were issued in this draw.

http://www.cicnews.com/2017/03/express-entry-crs-point-requirement-decreases-yet-again-in-march-1-draw-038940.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 02, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks boss! You just restarted my brain!!
Lol.....250k per year is not beans!
grin grin

We keep hearing different things and just like I was told, you have confirmed it take 3years minimum to get ground as a doc....

But how man go survive till then? Do these docs do menial jobs in the mean time. Truth is that I am trying to look for a situation to avoid menial jobs by maybe schooling on PR-low cost fees and then studying for exams + even studentjobs........(i hope you get me, based on WIN\WIN situation))

Any ways I got your point about the smaller cities. I will begin to research this sask and novascotia. I was looking at Alberta all these while based on recommendations.

Thanks Bro, you sha understand the flow. Will pm and add you on a later date so we will discuss.

For now I am still in eAPr stage, but information gained.
no worries bro. keep in touch. the 3 to 5 years is not fixed. Its just like a normal distribution curve. There would always be exceptions or those that will fall outside the curve. You may only be able to study for something esle after completing your diploma.
Power engineers with atleast 5years experience in the oil, chemical process or utility with overtime could also make such amount easily. That is one of the major reasons people rushed into that career path till the market became saturated with PEs.

True Vcole but I out of all the Nigerian doctors i have come across in Canada, only one of them does not desire to practice and thats because she has an MPH from Havard and a Phd from another American uni, so she chose the academic route. All others are either writing exams and the ones in practice are mostly family physicians while a few are gyna and psych. Not sure why those are the popular choice.
All regulated profession in Canada has issues not just doctors. Even crossing across province has It's own issue too. My spouse is also in the health profession, and for her to practice in a differnt province, she would need to write a jurispundence exam and one other exam. Engineers nko....takes the grace of God.

I was just suprised at why esosa said he wanted something less..that to me is like settling for less sha. one can always work while preparing for exams. My former family doc (a nigerian) said he worked security jobs and studied all night on his shift when he arrived canada about 15 years ago. He said that was the only survival job that could afford him to study while making money at the same time.. i dont hope for security job for anyone but i am sure that there are jobs out there that can be combined with preparing for professional exams. If esosa chose HIM or any other route, those courses require dedication too, and he would not have time to study anything else or even work part time due to assignments, test, mid exams and finals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 3:33am On Mar 02, 2017
And finally ITA recieved1st March, 2017 CRS score 435.
Thank you to everyone here who has been helpful and encouraging. To those expecting, your ITA will come sooner than you expect. To those preparing for IELTS, be determined you can make band 9.
Another stage in the race for PR, God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 4:06am On Mar 02, 2017
shinarambo1:

no worries bro. keep in touch. the 3 to 5 years is not fixed. Its just like a normal distribution curve. There would always be exceptions or those that will fall outside the curve. You may only be able to study for something esle after completing your diploma.
Power engineers with atleast 5years experience in the oil, chemical process or utility with overtime could also make such amount easily. That is one of the major reasons people rushed into that career path till the market became saturated with PEs.

True Vcole but I out of all the Nigerian doctors i have come across in Canada, only one of them does not desire to practice and thats because she has an MPH from Havard and a Phd from another American uni, so she chose the academic route. All others are either writing exams and the ones in practice are mostly family physicians while a few are gyna and psych. Not sure why those are the popular choice.
All regulated profession in Canada has issues not just doctors. Even crossing across province has It's own issue too. My spouse is also in the health profession, and for her to practice in a differnt province, she would need to write a jurispundence exam and one other exam. Engineers nko....takes the grace of God.

I was just suprised at why esosa said he wanted something less..that to me is like settling for less sha. one can always work while preparing for exams. My former family doc (a nigerian) said he worked security jobs and studied all night on his shift when he arrived canada about 15 years ago. He said that was the only survival job that could afford him to study while making money at the same time.. i dont hope for security job for anyone but i am sure that there are jobs out there that can be combined with preparing for professional exams. If esosa chose HIM or any other route, those courses require dedication too, and he would not have time to study anything else or even work part time due to assignments, test, mid exams and finals.

True though, you and vcole have made valid points and that's the reality of things.

I see it this way that, the fear for the issues @vcole mentioned is why I am trying to be proactive because like she has explained in details, it has it's own issues but not impossible......All these fear of the unknown prompted me to start researching for options not like an intentional settle for less.
Well, I am still in the process of researching information as regards medical job opportunities and will have to make informed and better decisions.
Thank you very much for your inputs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 4:13am On Mar 02, 2017
vcole:
Congrats to all those expecting an ita in this highly unexpected draw. With the latest trend showing a marked increase in itas, I will like to admonish all who have received ita before now to kindly do all that's possible to submit on time. It's a no brainer that processing time for applications would begin to get prolonged due to the increase in the number of applicants. Also, it's advisable to submit your application before summer when the bulk of student apps start getting priority at visa offices.
This is just my subtle note of warning to some of our peeps cc: boldinc, esosa4real

My sista, nor be lie you talk oh! You wont believe I have been trying to get on the website for the past one hour to submit before coming on nairaland...lol

The traffic to the website is over whelming because of todays draw. I will sure submit today as I have got all documents and clarifications made.
SO its only reasonable that processing times will increase because of the large number of ITA's been issued per draw.

Thanks for the advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:46am On Mar 02, 2017
esosa4real:

True though, you and vcole have made valid points and that's the reality of things.

I see it this way that, the fear for the issues @vcole mentioned is why I am trying to be proactive because like she has explained in details, it has it's own issues but not impossible......All these fear of the unknown prompted me to start researching for options not like an intentional settle for less.
Well, I am still in the process of researching information as regards medical job opportunities and will have to make informed and better decisions.
Thank you very much for your inputs.
Yeah. The fear would always be present cos of uncertainties and the talk about how hard it is to suceed for new immigrants, but once you land and with careful planning, the lines would fall in pleasant places. I worked while my wife only studied for her exams. I remember how people said it was difficult to secure internship and one might have to relocate to northern part of the province to get one...We had faith and God provided a place for her 10 min drive from home... When she got her license, she was able to support the family while I studied for mine too. It's takes time, but with planning, patience and dedication, one would suceed smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gbemmy777: 5:52am On Mar 02, 2017
Good morning all, I have been a silent reader on this thread and I can say that have learnt a lot, thanks to everyone who has been Contributing. I will like to know if there's any banker in the house who's going tru the process, hubby has 2 years experience as a teller and one year experience as a cash officer in cash management unit of another bank, while checking the NoC the one that matches his duty fell under category C. Pls for those that have create their profile, which NoC under category B can an operations staff in a bank use. Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:37am On Mar 02, 2017
You do not need the statement of the person giving the gift. The gift deed will suffice...

AZeD1:
For those who submitted, with gift deeds, did you also submit addition documents with the gift deed e.g bank statement of the person providing the gift?

Also has anybody being able to get the bank letter in the specified format from GTB for savings account?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:39am On Mar 02, 2017
Well... I'm hoping so for the case of most people here... But we need to bear in mind that at some point, people with start getting PNPs and at that point, the score usually goes back up... Anything is possible.

sammyacbxyz:
With the current trends, scores should drop to 400 by end of April, 2017 at 2-3 draws per month and at the falling rate of 6-7 points per draw. Who also sees this coming?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:40am On Mar 02, 2017
Sorry about your scores bro. How did that affect your score? up to 400? How soon did you say your ECAs would be ready again?

40manlappy:
@Bimpsy99: Thanks for the encouragement. May God grant us positive testimonies soon.

Congrats @Nogen and all those who got NOI/ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:41am On Mar 02, 2017
Thanks vcole... almost there!

vcole:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seggzzy(m): 6:56am On Mar 02, 2017
Pls how do I start my ECA the website and how to go about it.
2) Can I start it when I have not done my IELTS exam?
3) How much does it cost now with the latest forex?
Thanks
Your response will be highly appreciated.
40manlappy:
@bigheadday

As rightly advised, you don't need an agent. Doing that may end up complicating matters for you. This is a DIY forum with plenty success stories.

Kick-start application for your credential assessment NOW, don't procrastinate.

Prepare well for your IELTS. All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blueblood1(m): 7:18am On Mar 02, 2017
Congrats to those with ita and those expecting. But with a Crs score of 382, What is my hope? Feel like crying when I see guys mentioning 430 something

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.