Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,984 members, 7,835,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2620830 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mrsJustveryOkay: 12:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
No you cannot, your profile would be ineligible.

iykedpetes:
:
. hello everyone please can I create EE profile before I write IELTs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by raymege: 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
This inefficiency sha. After how much. Hopeful also. Got same message

They are very inefficient. Even their mode of payment is anachronistic. Why the need to come to their office Physically in this age of e-commerce.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
temitope06:
Medicals and Police Report done. Can answer questions on how to go about these two.

I would be in Lagos on wednesday for Police report. Can you guide me please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hello my people,
Happy new month!!!
May God bless us with progress in all of our endevours this month in Jesus name.
I have some critical post-ITA questions
i will appreciate responses from seniors of the house.

1. I have been on this Journey for a while now, in 2014 was when i got my 4yrs reference letter from my former employer, i like to ask if this is tenable or i should seek an updated one?
2.I got a fund of N1million naira from parent as support, do i upload the gift deed now, or only when i am asked to prove y source of fund?
3.Also, i intend to upload just my FD certificate as my fund, no statement, will this be fine?
4.When uploading Passport, is just the bio page or all pages with immigration stamps.
5.Lastly, is a reference letter from present employer necessary to upload even when not claiming point on it.

Awaiting your kind response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
Happy new month to you too.

1. Your reference letter should still be valid if you are not claiming points for work experience on the same job after 2014. However, if you can get a new one, please do.
2. Upload the gift deed, don't wait until you are asked.
3. It worked for few people but I won't advise that. The implication of this is that you are claiming you don't have any bank account. Try to include your bank statements as excluding it will likely raise suspicion that you are covering up debts.
4.I uploaded all the pages of my passport but bio data page, visas pages and entry should do.
5.Nope.
Garykasparov:
Hello my people,
Happy new month!!!
May God bless us with progress in all of our endevours this month in Jesus name.
I have some critical post-ITA questions
i will appreciate responses from seniors of the house.

1. I have been on this Journey for a while now, in 2014 was when i got my 4yrs reference letter from my former employer, i like to ask if this is tenable or i should seek an updated one?
2.I got a fund of N1million naira from parent as support, do i upload the gift deed now, or only when i am asked to prove y source of fund?
3.Also, i intend to upload just my FD certificate as my fund, no statement, will this be fine?
4.When uploading Passport, is just the bio page or all pages with immigration stamps.
5.Lastly, is a reference letter from present employer necessary to upload even when not claiming point on it.

Awaiting your kind response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
@raymege IELTS results are out!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks bro!!
Do you know anything about Occupational Health? And it's prospects in Alberta.

Apart from Nait/Sait what are the other good diploma schools for health-related courses.

I presume that occupational health would be great in Alberta because of the several engineering and mechanical firms abound.

Thanks again,
Occupational health is good when oil was booming. I cant say what the situation is with occupational health these days. It was a very popular career choice just like PE and business analyst.
Just like timhortons said...bow volley college college is good for nursing related diplomas, but sait/nait seems to be the only polytechnic in alberta offering the courses below:
Medical Sonography
Paramedic
Health Information Management
Medical Laboratory Tech
Medical xray Tech
Nuclear Medicine Tech
Rehabilitation Therapy Assistant
Respiratory Therapy
Respiratory tech and medical xray tech are very good programs if you can get into it.

dustydee:

The pay for chief engineer on the site seems low @ $88k or is there more to the pay than what was listed?
That job is for a building operator. They are the lowest paid in PE. They get paid around $25 for starters. PE's take building operation jobs as the last option, but building operator jobs now very hard to come by too due to oversaturation of PEs. That 88k is what an entry level PE working in utilty, oil and chemical processing would make in a year without overtime. My work place starts PEs on $46/hr at 48hrs a week, and our entry pay cant even be compared to what is paid in the oil industry. When i first moved to sask, the pakistani guy i shared a condo with was a 24years old 3nd class PE working for an ethanol plant 40km from regina. I frequently saw his payslip, and he made quite an amount biweekly. He graduated from a business diploma from ontario, moved to sask and self-studied for PE online, then moved to a bush in northern sask to start his career as a 4th class. One good thing about PE is that unlike other engineering field, one does not even need a science background to get into it if one desires.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by raymege: 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
40manlappy:

Just checked. The Result was poor. 7.5 in all except Speaking - 6.5. Still wondering how I got 6.5 for Speaking. How was yours?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
revlane:

I would be in Lagos on wednesday for Police report. Can you guide me please

Guidance fee is 100k. Go to Alagbon at Obalende. Take ur Intl passport and 2 passport photographs. Just tell them at d entrance you want a police clearance, they will direct u. I paid 7500. I can send number of d guy that did mine if you want. Won't take more than 30mins.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
Please is it possible for my IELTS result to be remarked with listening upgraded to 8?

Just viewed my result online and the result is LRWS 7,7,7.5,7 which brings my CRS score to 401. 8 in listening brings me to 465
This is my second attempt.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hope you smashed it!

40manlappy:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walechicago(m): 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
Good Afternoon
I am a newbie here and want to make enquiry about somethings.
First can i do the Canada Permenent Residence without an agent?
second how much is the rough estimate for the whole process
third, if yes where will be my starting point
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
temitope06:

Guidance fee is 100k. Go to Alagbon at Obalende. Take ur Intl passport and 2 passport photographs. Just tell them at d entrance you want a police clearance, they will direct u. I paid 7500. I can send number of d guy that did mine if you want. Won't take more than 30mins.

i would love that. Can you pm me the number please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
Yes, you can do it without an agent.

The cost depends on the size of your family. Check this my post for a rough estimate of what it cost me https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/151#47723290

Starting point is to take your time to read from page 0, understand the system, strategise on the best way to go about it and then START.

walechicago:
Good Afternoon
I am a newbie here and want to make enquiry about somethings.
First can i do the Canada Permenent Residence without an agent?
second how much is the rough estimate for the whole process
third, if yes where will be my starting point

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lol!! 7500 is a bit high. You can get it done for as low as 3k. It all depends on your haggling power
temitope06:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
dupyshoo:
Lol!! 7500 is a bit high. You can get it done for as low as 3k. It all depends on your haggling power

I know but I just wasn't in the mood to start arguing. Actually budgeted 10k for it so I didn't bother with plenty story. You've been of great help ma'am so far, just wanna say thanks again. You'll still hear from me plenty.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
raymege:

Just checked. The Result was poor. 7.5 in all except Speaking - 6.5. Still wondering how I got 6.5 for Speaking. How was yours?

It was poorer compared to my 1st attempt sad

Listening 6.5, Reading 8.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5. Overall: 7.5

Not too surprised about Listening because Section 3 threw me off balance and I knew it wasn't going to be so fantastic but the Writing part amazed me. I was confident of my writing and expected minimum of 7.

@boldinc: I wish angry

Looping: Garykasparov
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mayorp99: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hello

Thanks y'all for the info shared on this thread
However i have a few questions

1. Please how do i pay for the ECA with WES
2. From rough estimate my crs point is 408 which is low.... please what can i do to up this a bit?

Ielts - L.7 R.7 W.7 S7.5
Overall score -7

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
mayorp99:
Hello

Thanks y'all for the info shared on this thread
However i have a few questions

1. Please how do i pay for the ECA with WES
2. From rough estimate my crs point is 408 which is low.... please what can i do to up this a bit?

Ielts - L.7 R.7 W.7 S7.5
Overall score -7

Thanks
Get a score of 8 in the listening and 7 in the others
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hi guys
Can a letter of explanation from your parents be used in place of a gift deed. How can one get a gift deed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yemajose: 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
shinarambo1:

Occupational health is good when oil was booming. I cant say what the situation is with occupational health these days. It was a very popular career choice just like PE and business analyst.
Just like timhortons said...bow volley college college is good for nursing related diplomas, but sait/nait seems to be the only polytechnic in alberta offering the courses below:
Medical Sonography
Paramedic
Health Information Management
Medical Laboratory Tech
Medical xray Tech
Nuclear Medicine Tech
Rehabilitation Therapy Assistant
Respiratory Therapy
Respiratory tech and medical xray tech are very good programs if you can get into it..

Thanks man, you see actually, Health Information Management (health informatics) is what I even prefer and crave. Occupational health is second option...

But my friend also says it seems the catchment for HIM is low and lower salary. I would have preferred this because of my flexibility and skills.
Right now I am working as a medical doctor, but I also build professional websites for hospitals, pharmacies, businesses) so you can imagine how I would fair in HIM course, it would be very easy for me with good productivity....wetin u advice?

I am just trying to face the reality of the fact that it's difficult to write medical exams and clear all quickly.

So the medical related route is my option.

Lastly, what's the salary pay per year for occupational health and HIM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigheadday: 5:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
40manlappy:
@bigheadday

As rightly advised, you don't need an agent. Doing that may end up complicating matters for you. This is a DIY forum with plenty success stories.

Kick-start application for your credential assessment NOW, don't procrastinate.

Prepare well for your IELTS. All the best!

@40manlappy.... Thanks boss! I'm doing my speaking test tomorrow and writing the rest on Saturday. I will update you wen it's done and state the result here too. Thanks Man
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wunmimi: 5:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
No one was expecting a draw today really.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express
yemajose:
Hello Everyone,

A new draw was done today for 434 points. Has anyone received an Invitation to Apply yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
We will ace it this time @40manlappy. Re you going to consider the Ontario OINP if ur score is up to 400? Mine is 401 and I am considering that option but the cash shaa.

Secondly, My previous employer refused to address my reference letter "To Whom it May Concern". Do u know the address I could ask them to address it to?

Thanks
40manlappy:

It was poorer compared to my 1st attempt sad

Listening 6.5, Reading 8.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5. Overall: 7.5

Not too surprised about Listening because Section 3 threw me off balance and I knew it wasn't going to be so fantastic but the Writing part amazed me. I was confident of my writing and expected minimum of 7.

@boldinc: I wish angry

Looping: Garykasparov
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
Adrianbuwan:
I join my faith with yours as that's my situation too o.Projected CRS 439.
By the late march draw,I wish to be given an ITA. Haven't entered the pool though. ECA Assessment on. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I hope you got your ECA on time! Draw favours us today! All thanks to God. Expecting my ITA latest tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
bigheadday:

@40manlappy.... Thanks boss! I'm doing my speaking test tomorrow and writing the rest on Saturday. I will update you wen it's done and state the result here too. Thanks Man

Wish you the best smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mayorp99: 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
please guys whats the best way i can pay for WES
ECA .... Gt bank card is not going through ... pls any advice on how to go abt it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
We will ace it this time @40manlappy. Re you going to consider the Ontario OINP if ur score is up to 400? Mine is 401 and I am considering that option but the cash shaa.

Secondly, My previous employer refused to address my reference letter "To Whom it May Concern". Do u know the address I could ask them to address it to?

Thanks

Yes @bolded cheesy

IMHO, you can pick any of the addresses on CIC website. I don't think that it matters.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
yemajose:
Hello Everyone,

A new draw was done today for 434 points. Has anyone received an Invitation to Apply yet?

Wow! This is good news. May this trend continues before PNPs start flooding the pool cheesy

@Nogen: Warming up for April? wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AZeD1(m): 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
dupyshoo:
I did mine for 10500
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks man, you see actually, Health Information Management (health informatics) is what I even prefer and crave. Occupational health is second option...

But my friend also says it seems the catchment for HIM is low and lower salary. I would have preferred this because of my flexibility and skills.
Right now I am working as a medical doctor, but I also build professional websites for hospitals, pharmacies, businesses) so you can imagine how I would fair in HIM course, it would be very easy for me with good productivity....wetin u advice?

I am just trying to face the reality of the fact that it's difficult to write medical exams and clear all quickly.

So the medical related route is my option.

Lastly, what's the salary pay per year for occupational health and HIM
Then why do you want to go for diploma program? with all the coding skills you would learn in the HIM program, the max u would make as an HIM is circa 60-70k per year if you are lucky to get on an health service employer. Whereas a family physician in sask or alberta could make as much as 250k per year. The time you would devort to studying for a diploma could as well be used in studying for your licensure exams. It is doable... There are lots of naija doctors in sask for example. i was in a city called estevan south of sask, and out of the 20 docs in that city, 15 were nigerians. I begin same for Weyburn about 12 out of 18 are Nigerians. There was even a naija husband and wife doc sef in either of the cities sef. You would encounter Nigerian doctors all around the province and Canada...the trick is to start from smaller cities and town...Abeg no dull yourself ooo...
olandofire:
Thank you for this post. I think I will start considering Alberta now. My PR application was approved 5 days ago. Please do you have any advice as to which province a young medical doctor should settle in? I have had no clinical experience but I have a masters degree in Physiology. I am interested in Research and Academics and hope to get a masters in public health or biotechnology
olandofire:
Thank you for this detailed response. I just finished studying medicine in Guyana and my PR application was approved 5 days ago. I intend to land in canada by the end of May this year. Please concerning the POF at the airport, do I need to show proof of the entire money required while making my application? I am coming with my wife who intends to leave as soon as possible to complete her studies in Guyana. I was thinking of carrying just 3000 usd along with my statement of account from my Guyanese bank, will that work? Thank you.
I know sask and i think nova scotia both have program to accelerate MDs into family health positions in rural communities or small cities within a space of 3 to 4 years. Due to the nature of my work...i travel alot around sask and over 50% of the doctors are Nigerians. You might want to research on those special programs in sask/nova scotia. I am not sure if other provinces have such programs.

Your pof of 3k in cash should work. Not sure bout the statement though. I converted mine to bank draft but they did not even ask to see it. They only counted the cash i had on me.

Modified:

for sask-

http://saskdocs.ca/work/family-physician---imgs/sippa/

For NS-

https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/core-units/cpd/traineeships/clinical-assessment-program.html

Alot of Nigerian doctors have benefitted from both programs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.