Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603118 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 5:38pm On May 18, 2017
Hello people, WES came back with my ECA yesterday. Faster than I prepared for although my husband's own is still undergoing verification process.
My timeline is
Certificate Received - April 5 2017
Transcript Received - April 17 2017
Verification Request- April 27 2017
School Responded - May 4 2017
ECA - May 17 2017.

Waiting for my husband's ECA and IELTS result.

Just wondering if it's possible to have two express entry profiles, then one can be withdrawn if ITA is received on the other. Please advise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 6:31pm On May 18, 2017
lumzy1:
I want to ask if it is advisable to include my Part-time Msc (i am not claiming point the Msc) under Post-ITA education and personal information as ive been on it for the past five years (Unilag wahala). Hope it wouldn't raise any flag? I'm concerned the omission might be regarded as misinterpretation.

yes u should include it in your educational hx and choose "not completed" abi na "no degree awarded"...something along that line .
no redflags.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 6:32pm On May 18, 2017
MrsBee:
Hello people, WES came back with my ECA yesterday. Faster than I prepared for although my husband's own is still undergoing verification process.
My timeline is
ECA - May 17 2017.

Just wondering if it's possible to have two express entry profiles, then one can be withdrawn if ITA is received on the other. Please advise.

I believe one profile is okay once you decide the principal applicant. The applicant with the highest score should be the principal applicant to increase your chances.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinwe11: 6:32pm On May 18, 2017
Hi, i have 3 years experience in my primary NOC and then 6 years in my other NOC. I didn't use the second NOC because i hadn't gotten ECA for that degree and didn't want to lose points as my birthday was fast approaching. . I received my ITA. Now one of the employers in my primary NOC is refusing to give experience letter. So my question is can i apply with 2 years experience letter of primary noc and 6 years of the secondary experience or all must be from one NOC? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 6:34pm On May 18, 2017
chinwe11:
Hi, i have 3 years experience in my primary NOC and then 6 years in my other NOC. I didn't use the second NOC because i hadn't gotten ECA for that degree and didn't want to lose points as my birthday was fast approaching. . I received my ITA. Now one of the employers in my primary NOC is refusing to give experience letter. So my question is can i apply with 2 years experience letter of primary noc and 6 years of the secondary experience or all must be from one NOC? thanks
Recalculate your CRS score and if it's still within the cutoff you are good if not get a supervisor to write on a plain paper and sign with his complimentary card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by isaleko: 6:45pm On May 18, 2017
Hello House

Congrats to all those who received ITA. Please am confused about WES: basically I schooled in England both degrees and college. I sent in my certificates from both Uni am I to send in transcripts too? Shldnt it be my uni to do that? Pls can I get a response so I can get round to it thank you everyone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 6:50pm On May 18, 2017
isaleko:
Hello House

Congrats to all those who received ITA. Please am confused about WES: basically I schooled in England both degrees and college. I sent in my certificates from both Uni am I to send in transcripts too? Shldnt it be my uni to do that? Pls can I get a response so I can get round to it thank you everyone

Have you filled the WES form online and paid? If yes there would be instructions on what next to do. These websites are very detailed with the information and necessary documentation needed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 18, 2017

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by CXLVII: 6:58pm On May 18, 2017
optionese:

Recalculate your CRS score and if it's still within the cutoff you are good if not get a supervisor to write on a plain paper and sign with his complimentary card

What cutoff mark would you recommend ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 6:58pm On May 18, 2017
miella:

Hello Sir,

I want you to note that the fact that you were told to read page 0-50 is for your own benefit. And I think you are wrong by saying 70 percent is all about WES evaluation. This permanent residency journey is a journey of PATIENCE and PERSEVERANCE and one has to have in depth knowledge in order not to make any mistake. I'm not yet in the pool but I read page 0 to the last page when I joined this thread. Was it easy? NO! Was it worth it? 100% YES! I know a lot of information about both PRE-ITA and POST-ITA. Yes, I know we are all different and have different schedules but as a management student, I know the essence of planning and having in depth knowledge about something before starting.

I just had to respond because you kept on referring to the person that told you to read page 0-50.

May it end in praise for all of us.

I think this will be the last time I will comment on this. For me to tell you that over 70 percent is on WES should let you know that I have read through.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lumzy1(m): 6:58pm On May 18, 2017
Ok thanks.

ugoiyke79e:

yes u should include it in your educational hx and choose "not completed" abi na "no degree awarded"...something along that line .
no redflags.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 7:01pm On May 18, 2017
revlane:

I believe one profile is okay once you decide the principal applicant. The applicant with the highest score should be the principal applicant to increase your chances.

@MrsBee you should have 2 profiles, one for you and the other with your husband as main applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by CXLVII: 7:02pm On May 18, 2017
Who can help interpret this question?

6) Work Experience
i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?

It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.

"Skilled work" in the NOC is:

managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0),
professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A), or
technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B).

If you are not sure of the NOC level for this job, you can find your NOC on this site.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 7:03pm On May 18, 2017
Hello House, please help with this.......
I intend to get my proof of fund from my Aunty as a wedding gift and this will be backed up with gift deed and Loe. Here is the issue, she's based in Canada and we are confused as to weather its right for her to raise the bank draft in Canada and then scan it along side with the gift deed so I can upload. I'm confused because I reside in Nigeria. Will cic accept this? Don't wanna mess my application up.
I need urgent advice...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 7:07pm On May 18, 2017
CXLVII:
Who can help interpret this question?

6) Work Experience
i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?

It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.

"Skilled work" in the NOC is:

managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0),
professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A), or
technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B).

If you are not sure of the NOC level for this job, you can find your NOC on this site.

So what is the question?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 7:09pm On May 18, 2017
Remxyj:
Hello House, please help with this.......
I intend to get my proof of fund from my Aunty as a wedding gift and this will be backed up with gift deed and Loe. Here is the issue, she's based in Canada and we are confused as to weather its right for her to raise the bank draft in Canada and then scan it along side with the gift deed so I can upload. I'm confused because I reside in Nigeria. Will cic accept this? Don't wanna mess my application up.
I need urgent advice...

I don't think anyone on this thread has done this before. I think it's risky even though a bank draft is money at hand. You need to look for an alternative way to get the money in your account
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Benekruku(m): 7:10pm On May 18, 2017
optionese:

So what is the question?

Is it my years of employment in Nigeria in the last 10years? or in Canada?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 18, 2017

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 7:16pm On May 18, 2017
Boss13:

I think this will be the last time I will comment on this. For me to tell you that over 70 percent is on WES should let you know that I have read through.

you mean that 70% of this thread is on WES or page 0-50? Anyway I went through your post saw your questions and my answer is you will find the answers if you read the thread. The questions you asked are quite broad and doesn't seem to show that you have read the thread.

On the issue of wtsapp, members of this thread guard its members jealously and who would blame them. The wealth of information here is far and reaching. Anyone who poses a seeming threat would be frowned on. You are welcome to continue reading and posting your questions.

Hopefully we will all get to our destination and have a better future.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 7:18pm On May 18, 2017
Benekruku:

Is it my years of employment in Nigeria in the last 10years? or in Canada?

Thanks in advance
y

Work experience in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 18, 2017
perks:

It's after ITA not AOR. Wen u receive ITA ur EE profile is frozen.
We are talking about age..if u don't submit eAPR when ur next DOB hits, ur application becomes ineligible if the CRS gets affected wrt cutoff points u received the ITA on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 18, 2017
40manlappy:

Thanks, not that I needed it; didn't know that it has been posted here already
Yea..you said it was for others to note. Let them search it here or IRCC site. The guy..Dan...knows he could be caught up that was why he raised the concern.

Aussie doesn't exclude any criterion.. Everything gets locked up when ITA is received. Deadline to submit is the only worry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lacord5: 7:30pm On May 18, 2017
optionese:

Don't you mean that 70% of this thread is on WES or page 0-50? Anyway I went through your post saw your questions and my answer is you will find the answers if you read the thread. The questions you asked are quite broad and doesn't seem to show that you have read the thread.

On the issue of wtsapp, members of this thread guard its members jealously and who would blame them. The wealth of information here is far and reaching. Anyone who poses a seeming threat would be frowned on. You are welcome to continue reading and posting your questions.

Hopefully we will all get to our destination and have a better future.

Now this really made me laugh out loud!
Inukwa threat? Biko keep guarding them jealously o, it's ok. I don't need all 'your' members either.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 7:32pm On May 18, 2017
lacord5:

Now this really made me laugh out loud!
Inukwa threat? Biko keep guarding them jealously o, it's ok. I don't need all 'your' members either.

Yes oo, my sister. As e dey do person na so we dey talk am.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 18, 2017
optionese:

@MrsBee you should have 2 profiles, one for you and the other with your husband as main applicant.
Nope, instead ask her what her CRS is. If it is up to 425, she shld create a profile and dive in the pool ignoring her husband's ECA and IELTS, assuming she can stand as a primary applicant wrt other factors.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bonnie1: 8:09pm On May 18, 2017
isaleko:
Hello House

Your school should send your transcript to them. I'm also at that same stage just paid my school to send it today. Remember you have to do police report for the time you were in England. It's £45.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:26pm On May 18, 2017
@lacord5

I think this issue should not be flogged unnecessarily. Apart from "doing as they do in Rome", asking people to drop phone numbers may earn you a ban. Unlike other forums like Canadavisa, Nairaland neither support nor encourage promotion of Whatsapp groups and soliciting of members from the forum. We must appreciate the fact that many who have benefitted immensely from this thread also have reservations about it too.

However, it is not possible to stop members from joining groups outside the forum to aid the attainment of their objectives. IMO, it is a personal decision. To be honest, I belong to a post-ITA Whatsapp group outside Nairaland but I will never come here to promote it or solicit for phone numbers. Besides, it has nothing to do with Nairaland.

May our Canadian dreams come true...

@Adeniyitob I advise that you modify your post and remove your phone number.

Looping: perks, optionese, eyoiba, LordSebastian, Boss13

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 18, 2017
40manlappy:
@lacord5

I think this issue should not be flogged unnecessarily. Apart from "doing as they do in Rome", asking people to drop phone numbers may earn you a ban. Unlike other forums like Canadavisa, Nairaland neither support nor encourage promotion of Whatsapp groups and soliciting of members from the forum. We must appreciate the fact that many who have benefitted immensely from this thread also have reservations about it too.

However, it is not possible to stop members from joining groups outside the forum to aid the attainment of their objectives. IMO, it is a personal decision. To be honest, I belong to a post-ITA Whatsapp group outside Nairaland but I will never come here to promote it or solicit for phone numbers. Besides, it has nothing to do with Nairaland.

May our Canadian dreams come true...

@Adeniyitob I advise that you modify your post and remove your phone number.

Looping: perks, optionese, eyoiba, LordSebastian, Boss13
Great input!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 8:37pm On May 18, 2017
elfmann:

We are talking about age..if u don't submit eAPR when ur next DOB hits, ur application becomes ineligible if the CRS gets affected wrt cutoff points u received the ITA on.

Dat is not correct. There is an exception for those dat received ITA but their CRS was reduced due to age before submitting eAPR. See below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:18pm On May 18, 2017
MrsBee:
My timeline is
ECA - May 17 2017.

When We started this waka I was meant to be the principal but hubby had his complete doc first so we created his own profile, even though my score was higher, Oga got ITA way before my ECA arrived and we stuck to him being PA and cancelled my profile.

So yes, 2 profiles can be created. No one can predict cic these days so u don't lose time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 18, 2017
perks:

Dat is not correct. There is an exception for those dat received ITA but their CRS was reduced due to age before submitting eAPR. See below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp
Yea..I was wrong..I mistook ielts..that rule is for the trf expiry date. Folks take note.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 10:52pm On May 18, 2017
Thanks.... will just try and get the money in my Niger account.
optionese:

I don't think anyone on this thread has done this before. I think it's risky even though a bank draft is money at hand. You need to look for an alternative way to get the money in your account

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.