Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603136 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:08am On Jun 02, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Hallelujah oooo, abeg go buy travel ticket, we dey come for back grin

My dear - We are in it together - nothing dey happen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 02, 2017
tbaby2015:
Another one please, how long does it take to get the WES result after evaluation has been completed. My evaluation was completed May 1st and sent by standard mail, I'm yet to get it, what can I do please? Is the soft copy different, can I use that pending when I get the hard copy?
40manlappy, dupyshoo, Zandra, jesusdway, etfash and other gurus pls

D soft is d pdf copy of d hard so it's ok. Me already used mine yesterday sef and waiting for d hard copy to land on tuesday as seen on d tracking platform. After delaying me for 4 months, they evaluated my certificates within 24 hours after my tweet and DM.

No waste time guy! All da best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 9:22am On Jun 02, 2017
Told Ya... smiley Congrats

Ehrnie:
Hallelujah...my application has finally crawled to the next level "medical passed" "next step is to conduct a background check"....

Timeline -
AOR - 31st March
Medicals Passed - 2nd June

The wait continues....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 02, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peppers: 10:02am On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=Boss13 post=57110306][/quote]

Thank you so much.

I am unable to get the required reference letter from HR as they do not give any one just an introduction letter to the embassy. My supervisor Is writing on a plain sheet and I will notarize with her details and my passport. I will also include employment letter, the mail from hr stating they do not give, appraisal, confirmation letter, payslips, statement of acct showing salary, now my picture at work, my tax clearance and pictures of me getting awarded at work and my complimentary card and work ID card. Will also include my bossses work if card. Thank you very much.

For my name, I always have my surname and my first name on all documents and sometimes my third name so I will include my NPC certificate as well. I wont bother with the attestation of names as well.

Thanks a lot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by happymumtobe: 10:20am On Jun 02, 2017
Ehrnie:
Hallelujah...my application has finally crawled to the next level "medical passed" "next step is to conduct a background check"....

Timeline -
AOR - 31st March
Medicals Passed - 2nd June

The wait continues....
Aor was also 31St March and I just got an email June ist that we have received your application and will get back to you if we need more info. Did you get this before Medical passed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by McOsheBaba(m): 10:20am On Jun 02, 2017
Hello House,
I submitted my Study permit application online on 31 May. I want to know if I can go for my Biometric now or wait for a mail from the CIC? School begins in September therefore no time again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 10:25am On Jun 02, 2017
happymumtobe:

Aor was also 31St March and I just got an email June ist that we have received your application and will get back to you if we need more info. Did you get this before Medical passed

Hi - I didn't (and haven't) gotten any email. I just logged into my CIC account this morning and saw "You passed medical" "We do not need additional documents" "Next step is to conduct a BG check".

Have you logged into your account? I think you should, to see if you have any such update reflected there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by grammy010: 10:25am On Jun 02, 2017
miella:

Hello sis,

Please just calm down. Have you contacted your school? They are still accepting fax cos I sent mine last week and I received the acknowledgment mail yesterday. You can also check the fax number to make sure it is correct. I'm sure once they see it, they will acknowledge receipt. IQAS fax number is 780-422-9734.

Hello ma,
Please I just sent you a dm, I would like you to put me through where and how you send the fax.

God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by czaratwork: 10:38am On Jun 02, 2017
It is important to request for this at some stage of your application process, there you may see a wrong info that needs to be corrected before they take a decision on you based on that wrong information. GCMS note saved my friend.
Ehrnie:
Post AOR question -

Please what's GCMS note and does one have to request for it post AOR?

I've researched this enquiry but couldn't find any useful information.

Many thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tbaby2015: 10:38am On Jun 02, 2017
bigbroda:

D soft is d pdf copy of d hard so it's ok. Me already used mine yesterday sef and waiting for d hard copy to land on tuesday as seen on d tracking platform. After delaying me for 4 months, they evaluated my certificates within 24 hours after my tweet and DM.

No waste time guy! All da best!

Thanks bigbroda 'nairaland' :DWas almost requesting an additional report by courier.
I still need help with d enquiry of result. I don't want to be anxious ni
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by suziee83: 10:41am On Jun 02, 2017
Goodmorning house, please can I send my husband 's Certificate photocopy to WES directly from Canada because that is where I reside presently.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 10:43am On Jun 02, 2017
@Boss are you the one that answered @peppers questions? wink smiley. Your government is working.

I noticed shaaaaaa(no vex o) your comments are harsh small (no vex o)

Not your answers to @peppers sha. All in all I think you are doing a good job on the thread. I know you are one of the advocates of a post ITA. Please don't go, we will miss you here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chordata(m): 10:49am On Jun 02, 2017
suziee83:
Goodmorning house, please can I send my husband 's Certificate photocopy to WES directly from Canada because that is where I reside presently.

why not? Just quote his reference number in your forwarding letter.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2017
So we May AORs should just put our minds to July apparently for change in status. Patiently we wait.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 02, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2017
peppers:

Thank you so much.

I am unable to get the required reference letter from HR as they do not give any one just an introduction letter to the embassy. My supervisor Is writing on a plain sheet and I will notarize with her details and my passport. I will also include employment letter, the mail from hr stating they do not give, appraisal, confirmation letter, payslips, statement of acct showing salary, now my picture at work, my tax clearance and pictures of me getting awarded at work and my complimentary card and work ID card. Will also include my bossses work if card. Thank you very much.

Fantastic. Submitting these documents shows that you have gone beyond to convince anybody that you do work at your current place of employment even if your HR does not give reference letter. I think you are okay. Please include her business card, attach the mail from your HR that they don't give reference letter. However, I hope your HR will be able to confirm via telephone that you are a staff. Anyways, if they don't I don't think it will disqualify you. Also, attached that letter of introduction letter from your HR. Worry not about this - you have got it covered. Also explain in a Letter of Explanation (LOE).

For my name, I always have my surname and my first name on all documents and sometimes my third name so I will include my NPC certificate as well. I won't bother with the attestation of names as well.

Just got ahead and get the attestation/affidavit letter. You can get it from the same court in which you want to notarize your reference letter. Plus it is not expensive. Too much information is not bad, little information is.

Thanks a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:17am On Jun 02, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Hello bros. Myself and hubby also have (multiple) in front of PCC and he never travelled anywhere for up to six months.So I believe having multiple doesn't mean its peculiar to the person cos it may mean if applicable. I also inquired from people that have filled their form and what I got was it is a default setting.

If you have a different situation please do a screenshot and share. Let's rest the case. An LoE explaining that the exams were not done in UK is fine and ur stamped pages on international passport further strengthens it I dont see any reason for worry.

Moving on smiley

Please I duly apologize. I do not mean (Multiple) close to the PCC document checklist. If this is your view. I apologize. I meant Multiple document checklist upload for PCC, which I consider to be a system/technical error

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 02, 2017
tbaby2015:

Thanks bigbroda 'nairaland' :DWas almost requesting an additional report by courier.
I still need help with d enquiry of result. I don't want to be anxious ni

U r welcome. LOL @ bigbrodanairaland grin

I don't really understand what u mean by needing help as regards result enquiry. May 1st don tay sha, u should have used the other option cos they advised that standard mailing option isn't too fine for those outside Canada. I also wanted to use that cos it's cheaper then I saw dat advice. The other mailing option gives u d opportunity to track your result, I don't know if u have that option as well. Please use it if you have it to know the exact/present location of your certificate. Mine is in transit(left Canada for US yesterday and in Germany today). The estimated delivery day is tuesday next week.

If you can't track it, I think you should mail them telling them that you haven't received your certificate. They should be able to say something on it. Don't do d request for another certificate for now cos of the cost. I believe u will get it the one in transit, just follow up!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2017
Please let's try as much as possible to avoid gift deed when gathering our funds. This gift deed issue is well known to Indians and the VOs know how to tackle it. The reason for this is to avoid tension whenever Nigeria applications come through - so that those who come after us can also be successful without we ruining their chances.

In India, CIC agents visit organisations to confirm if an applicant actually works there because of many fake applications. Once the trend for Gift deeds increases in Nigeria, it will begin to raise suspicion. Nigerians are not known for gift deeds. There are ways to manoeuvre POF.

A similar case to this, was the change in supervisor signing on a plain sheet of paper. It wasn't the case previously in Nigeria. Supervisors could sign on branded letterhead and include his contact details. However, CIC was getting negative confirmation from these reference letters because rather than call your supervisor, they will call your HR and HR will deny ever issuing such reference. Also, if you think CIC agents can't visit, think again. CIC agents/lawyers visit Alagbon to confirm from the criminal registry if you have any criminal case. They can run the same template too, but the problem is the delay in time to process each Nigerian application.

Also, please confirm the occupation and address on your marriage certificate, for those who are married, before you submit. Your marriage certificate should not indicate a different work occupation and your reference letter and employment letter stating a different thing. This will result to delay and if you cannot convince them - rejection. Again, if this is someone's issue and he now uses a gift deed - AHA! This person would work harder to convince them otherwise.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:39am On Jun 02, 2017
optionese:
@Boss are you the one that answered @peppers questions? wink smiley. Your government is working.

I noticed shaaaaaa(no vex o) your comments are harsh small (no vex o)

Not your answers to @peppers sha. All in all I think you are doing a good job on the thread. I know you are one of the advocates of a post ITA. Please don't go, we will miss you here.

Yes I advocate more for POST-ITA thread because this is the beginning of the application and actually the beginning of the process. It is the point where people make a lot of mistakes and requires diligence and sound judgement.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 02, 2017
Boss13:
Please let's try as much as possible to avoid gift deed when gathering our funds. This gift deed issue is well known to Indians and the VOs know how to tackle it. The reason for this is to avoid tension whenever Nigeria applications come through - so that those who come after us can also be successful without we ruining their chances.

In India, CIC agents visit organisations to confirm if an applicant actually works there because of many fake applications. Once the trend for Gift deeds increases in Nigeria, it will begin to raise suspicion. Nigerians are not known for gift deeds. There are ways to manoeuvre POF.

A similar case to this, was the change in supervisor signing on a plain sheet of paper. It wasn't the case previously in Nigeria. Supervisors could sign on branded letterhead and include his contact details. However, CIC was getting negative confirmation from these reference letters because rather than call your supervisor, they will call your HR and HR will deny ever issuing such reference. Also, if you think CIC agents can't visit, think again. CIC agents/lawyers visit Alagbon to confirm from the criminal registry if you have any criminal case. They can run the same template too, but the problem is the delay in time to process each Nigerian application.

Also, please confirm the occupation and address on your marriage certificate, for those who are married, before you submit. Your marriage certificate should not indicate a different work occupation and your reference letter and employment letter stating a different thing. This will result to delay and if you cannot convince them - rejection. Again, if this is someone's issue and he now uses a gift deed - AHA! This person would work harder to convince them otherwise.

Thanx for your advice bro! Can u please say one or two ways to avoid the gift deed? For instance, one has the ITA today and has about 4M to move into the account in about a month time using the gift deed option. What else do you think he should do if he doesn't want to do d gift deed while also bearing in mind the 3 months grace he has to submit his application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 11:56am On Jun 02, 2017
LordSebastian:
So we May AORs should just put our minds to July apparently for change in status. Patiently we wait.

Yeah - approximately 6 - 9 weeks, from the trend.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
bigbroda:

Thanx for your advice bro! Can u please say one or two ways to avoid the gift deed? For instance, one has the ITA today and has about 4M to move into the account in about a month time using the gift deed option. What else do you think he should do if he doesn't want to do d gift deed while also bearing in mind the 3 months grace he has to submit his application.

This is where planning in the PRE-ITA phase is crucial. If you are certain someone is going to give you N4m for 6 months or a year. Better get the money before you get ITA or collect the money, reject the ITA and wait for 6 months and 2 weeks to apply. Your 6 months statement will not show how the inflow came. Also, do well by crediting the account when you have money from time to time. Rather than just leaving only N4m and no transaction flow for 6 months.

Also, You can collect the money. Go get a sale invoice and receipt to show that you either sold an asset and the inflow is proceeds for the sale of the asset. If it is a car, get a receipt, change of ownership document, car documents and the narration - SALES OF CAR from whoever is giving you the money. Then you can explain how you got the huge inflow using LOE.

Alternatively, your spouse can collect the money with their account, credit you with the inflow. The problem here is that the VO afterwards may ask, via ADR, for your spouse to provide his/her statement. You can either back this up by claiming share of inheritance from a dead relative. Get a death certificate, a notarise letter of how siblings will share inheritance and narration should be - YOUR SHARE OF MUMMY'S ESTATE. Then you explain with LOE. Your siblings in the letter should sync with the siblings you have on your family/relatives section. The disadvantage here is that one of your relative is dead - this relative MUST also be indicated dead on your family/relatives section and the date of death should sync with the death certificate and possibly be current - maybe like 2014, 2015 or 2016.

There are still other ways, but your information must be flow properly no loopholes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by happymumtobe: 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi - I didn't (and haven't) gotten any email. I just logged into my CIC account this morning and saw "You passed medical" "We do not need additional documents" "Next step is to conduct a BG check".

Have you logged into your account? I think you should, to see if you have any such update reflected there.

Thanks ....just checked and medical passed too.
Guess we all moving at the same pace.let's keep our update here...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by patsygirl: 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pls who has information about WES.My brother paid for his credential evaluation two weeks ago through western union but till date no acknowledgement of payment. Status is still showing "waiting for payment". Despite several mails to them, no response still. He called their line, it was music till all his airtime ran out. What should we do. He cannot move to the next stage except this is sorted out. Help please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mabeline1: 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hello Boss13,

Please about your comment on marriage certificate we got married in 2009 but due to various relocation we couldn't find the cert but my husband swore an affidavit from igbosere court. I also have my news paper publication for change of name.

My question is I hope it won't be an issue during documentation

Thanks

quote author=Boss13 post=57119023]Please let's try as much as possible to avoid gift deed when gathering our funds. This gift deed issue is well known to Indians and the VOs know how to tackle it. The reason for this is to avoid tension whenever Nigeria applications come through - so that those who come after us can also be successful without we ruining their chances.

Also, please confirm the occupation and address on your marriage certificate, for those who are married, before you submit. Your marriage certificate should not indicate a different work occupation and your reference letter and employment letter stating a different thing. This will result to delay and if you cannot convince them - rejection. Again, if this is someone's issue and he now uses a gift deed - AHA! This person would work harder to convince them otherwise.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
Boss I sent you a private message I need guidelines on this POF issue.

Boss13:

Yes I advocate more for POST-ITA thread because this is the beginning of the application and actually the beginning of the process. It is the point where people make a lot of mistakes and requires diligence and sound judgement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tpain22: 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hi guys, Please help me, am trying to pay for my WES ECA but i cant pay with my bank card coz of the limit, Even the western union option the banks are confused about it. What is the logical means of payment from Nigeria.

Also it it wise to set up a profile on Express Entry without the verified ECA from WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by smilinguy: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
Try to open a domiciliary account, change money to dollars from aboki and deposit into your domiciliary account. Then get a visa or MasterCard linked to the domiciliary account. Someone I know was able to do this with Gtbank.

tpain22:
Hi guys, Please help me, am trying to pay for my WES ECA but i cant pay with my bank card coz of the limit, Even the western union option the banks are confused about it. What is the logical means of payment from Nigeria.

Also it it wise to set up a profile on Express Entry without the verified ECA from WES?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.