Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,067 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600488 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 6:03am On Aug 08, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

You will have to turn down this PPR and request an extension so u can include bomboy.

Safe delivery in advance o

Thanks mummyjaygirls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 6:07am On Aug 08, 2017
closetextrovert:

I think you should contact IRCC for advice oh! I know for sure that if you tweet a question at them, they will respond. If you are uncomfortable tweeting at them, send them an email. Turning down PPR is for the strong hearted oh! cry cry Please come back and share their response to you with us. Hopefully, bornboy/girl will decide to come before PPR arrives

Thanks a lot Dear,would definately let u guys know d outcome
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 6:10am On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=freeradical post=59247652] I had to wait for my son to be born to include him in my eAPR before submitting. It's best to include him before PPR but now it's really out of your hands. If the baby comes before PPR you guys can still inform CIC to include him. I would suggest your husband sends a CSE asap to CIC to indicate his intention to include an additional member so they can decide if they will delay your application a bit until the baby arrives.[/quote.

Thanks,I do appreciate ur response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 6:16am On Aug 08, 2017
Remxyj:

I'm in this same position. I'm just folding my hands and following the waves... when you get to that bridge you will surely cross it. Just paid for my RPRF too and I'm in Na2. May Gods will be done. But I believe that's what the form is meant for, to notify them of any changes in family size between your medicals have your due date so they are not completely in the dark.... I wish you a safe delivery just as I wish myself.

It's good to know i am not alone on this, we shud be updating eachoda as well.
Wishing u a safe delivery too dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 6:23am On Aug 08, 2017
closetextrovert:

By the way Congrats on your ppr! So many seniors are leaving us on this thread oh! cry
Truth is this thread doesn't need any senior. All the information is there to be accessed. All one needs to do is read up.

This is a great thread and I do believe that those of us whom this thread has touched will always stick around. Don't fret we ain't going nowhere.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 6:26am On Aug 08, 2017
Biko more PPR rain. I decided to modify and avoid more drama

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ronnygold(f): 6:28am On Aug 08, 2017
Ronnygold:
Hello NL fam. My hubby job title was written as a public servant on our marriage certificate and he works as a fleet manager. Has anyone gotten PPR with similar problem cos its like its common in naija. How do you go about it? Kind response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Seniors in the house, please I need answer to this question. God bless!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 6:43am On Aug 08, 2017
Oh ok- enlightening- thanks. Like someone pointed out earlier , i dont think there is any up or down side, use the passport used for medicals.

bigfido:

I don't think it really matters. The visa is not useful again once you land. You will start using your pr card to get into the country afterwards. I think Nigerian passport is better because you don't have to start explaining how you are a citizen of somewhere residing somewhere. My thoughts thou
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nwandy218: 6:57am On Aug 08, 2017
Hi Derel, in the same boat here as well. Although yet to get ITA, but it doesn't hurt to be adequately prepared. I will need ur help too with the fast tracked passport. Thanks in advance. BTW, is it in Lagos?
DereI:

Send a mail to CIC.

When bomboy arrives, I can connect you to someone who could assist you with getting his passport in just a day.

Safe delivery in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 7:24am On Aug 08, 2017
Remxyj:

I'm in this same position. I'm just folding my hands and following the waves... when you get to that bridge you will surely cross it. Just paid for my RPRF too and I'm in Na2. May Gods will be done. But I believe that's what the form is meant for, to notify them of any changes in family size between your medicals have your due date so they are not completely in the dark.... I wish you a safe delivery just as I wish myself.

How long after being in NA2 were you asked to pay for RPRF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saintp(m): 7:39am On Aug 08, 2017
I googled IQAS to find their website and I'm seeing Alberta. ca/iqas. I'm confused, what is IQAS website and how does it work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2017
Saintp:
I googled IQAS to find their website and I'm seeing Alberta. ca/iqas. I'm confused, what is IQAS website and how does it work?

IQAS is owned by the government of Alberta, and they are an assessment body allowed to carry out assessment of foreign qualifications. To use them, register on the website, pay the fees, and have your documents sent to them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 7:56am On Aug 08, 2017
JESUSisable:

Thank you guyz, truely relieving. At a point I began to wonder if I was in the right thread. Its well.

Oh wow..
U saw my post and u said I'm direct and loved it. Now someone came and talked about my comment suddenly u r shocked u r this or that... What's going in here?
Perhaps the "audience" effects.
After reading the posts of people correction... I was going to apologize and den reading ur " all of a sudden change" even me became more shocked. Haba babe
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 7:57am On Aug 08, 2017
Ronnygold:

Seniors in the house, please I need answer to this question. God bless!
If what I've read previously on this thread is correct, that shouldn't matter. VOs are after all people like you and me. One can get married as a banker and later move on after marriage to becoming an engineer. There's nothing set in stone. The most important thing is to ensure you have the experience duration for the NOC you claim and your reference letter should testify to that.

And I'm not a senior. I'm a junior junior. Read through some of the details I shared and I'm sure you'll find even more useful info.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 7:59am On Aug 08, 2017
Good morning all,

Does it matter if a husband submitted Degree Certificate and the wife submit Statement of Result (both included WES Report)

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:01am On Aug 08, 2017
First of all I completely apologize for my "statement" . But If u read my tone it's wasn't coming from a place of rudeness or Insults... I thought it was funny
I said "in other words u want us to package ur lie "
Den went further to explain why d she shldnt lie... I also went further to explain talk about how some statements didn't make sense to me...
Which Btw she explained in details... She didn't see it as an... (Oh well initially) till u guys pointed I shld have been more subtle.

Even at that I'm actually surprised more like shocked... As In Wetin I talk o.

If anything it shld make u laugh sef...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teewhy31(f): 8:03am On Aug 08, 2017
Hi everyone, silent follower(like they say), I have a few questions.
1. I know CIC does not require a 6 month bank statement but why does everyone add it? Is it to be proactive?
2. Concerning gift of deed and LOE explaining bulk sum,has anyone experienced or heard of a rejection due to unexplained lump sum hence the need for all the explanations?
POF is my personal headache as you can see my questions are related to just that. I would like to know if presenting all these documents is being proactive or there have actually been experiences that advised this as the best course of action.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:08am On Aug 08, 2017
teewhy31:
Hi everyone, silent follower(like they say), I have a few questions.
1. I know CIC does not require a 6 month bank statement but why does everyone add it? Is it to be proactive?
2. Concerning gift of deed and LOE explaining bulk sum,has anyone experienced or heard of a rejection due to unexplained lump sum hence the need for all the explanations?
POF is my personal headache as you can see my questions are related to just that. I would like to know if presenting all these documents is being proactive or there have actually been experiences that advised this as the best course of action.
Thanks.
It's better to be safe than sorry.
It will be easier to b proactive. U don't wanna start d process and little stuffs delays u or is a reason for rejection.
But if I understood u well.. U don't wanna have to explain d "money" abi?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 8:16am On Aug 08, 2017
1. Most banks don't give the bank certificate in IRCC format. So people use 6months statements to augment and show 6months bank balance and other details not present in the letter.

2. Unexplained lumpsum within your account balance will be sending the wrong signal like you simply borrowed the funds to meet IRCC proof of funds requirement. Unless your account regularly receive such sum or your bank balance was never lower than good % of the required fund, then you might not need to explain.

teewhy31:
Hi everyone, follower(like they say), I have a few questions.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 8:16am On Aug 08, 2017
Good morning to everyone,

please does anybody know the maximum number of PR issued every year to immigrants?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 8:19am On Aug 08, 2017
crazyinlove:
Good morning all,

Does it matter if a husband submitted Degree Certificate and the wife submit Statement of Result (both included WES Report)

Thanks

Do you want to submit this for evaluation with WES? Then yes, some people who didn't have certificates submitted statement of results and still got their WES evaluated. Of course, school still needs to send transcript. I'd suggest you send an email to WES to enquire after this. They'll reply you quickly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:19am On Aug 08, 2017
bbaby84:
Let me share my time line o

WES evaluation : 2nd June
IELTS results : 6th June
ITA : 12th July
AOR : 5th August

It will end in praise!
Finally.. Nice one

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saintp(m): 8:19am On Aug 08, 2017
Dammiehar:

IQAS is owned by the government of Alberta, and they are an assessment body allowed to carry out assessment of foreign qualifications. To use them, register on the website, pay the fees, and have your documents sent to them.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 8:20am On Aug 08, 2017
cochtrane:

Do you want to submit this for evaluation with WES? Then yes, some people who didn't have certificates submitted statement of results and still got their WES evaluated. Of course, school still needs to send transcript. I'd suggest you send an email to WES to enquire after this. They'll reply you quickly.

Hi dear, No its not for WES. Its actually for the eAPR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 8:22am On Aug 08, 2017
funshobabs:

please does anybody know the maximum number of PR issued every year to immigrants?
Thank you.
There is no maximum, though they typically keep it under 500,000. I think highest ever has been less than 300k. Not sure though. Why do you ask?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:25am On Aug 08, 2017
40manlappy:
Received stamped passports and COPR today smiley
God of PR pick my call.. Congratulations

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teewhy31(f): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2017
Hephgirl:

It's better to be safe than sorry.
It will be easier to b proactive. U don't wanna start d process and little stuffs delays u or is a reason for rejection.
But if I understood u well.. U don't wanna have to explain d "money" abi?

You know! I would rather not lie and just keep it simple.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teewhy31(f): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2017
Abby2017:
1. Most banks don't give the bank certificate in IRCC format. So people use 6months statements to augment and show 6months bank balance and other details not present in the letter.

2. Unexplained lumpsum within your account balance will be sending the wrong signal like you simply borrowed the funds to meet IRCC proof of funds requirement. Unless your account regularly receive such sum or your bank balance was never lower than good % of the required fund, then you might not need to explain.

Thanks for the answer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 8:32am On Aug 08, 2017
crazyinlove:

Hi dear, No its not for WES. Its actually for the eAPR.
I tried to look into your question.

From what I can gather, CIC simply wants you to provide an ECA. Typically, this should be sufficient since it already proves that your education is equivalent to a Canadian degree. Chikena!

However, people go ahead to add certificates, statements of result and sometimes transcript to the application. Which isn't bad, but in real sense just superfluous.

I may be wrong sha. But if you don't have the certificate, there's not much you can do. You should go ahead and submit the statement of result. I believe you'll fine. WES after all accepted same without raising an eyebrow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2017
Don't think there is a maximum so to say, but I cannot say one thing now and my oga at the top will say another grin grin

Try and look through the 2016 end of year report on CIC website, your question should be answered. As contained there, "...In 2015 and 2016, 43,202 applicants and their family members were admitted into Canada as permanent residents..."
That is not to say it is the maximum, but I didn't read the entire report because I know me I am shaa going to Canada. wink

funshobabs:

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 8:34am On Aug 08, 2017
cochtrane:

I tried to look into your question.

From what I can gather, CIC simply wants you to provide an ECA. Typically, this should be sufficient since it already proves that your education is equivalent to a Canadian degree. Chikena!

However, people go ahead to add certificates, statements of result and sometimes transcript to the application. Which isn't bad, but in real sense just superfluous.

I may be wrong sha. But if you don't have the certificate, there's not much you can do. You should go ahead and submit the statement of result. I believe you'll fine. WES after all accepted same without raising an eyebrow.

Ok. Thanks dear. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 8:38am On Aug 08, 2017
Thought as much. I just saw 320k on a page. If so then, if application doesn't go up then points for the draw will drop. The last draw was 441. Going through CIC page I noticed that most of this year's points were low compared with previous years. I am forecasting that as from September, there will be a significant reduction in the points needed to secure an ITA, points might go as low as 400 sef.

cochtrane:

There is no maximum, though they typically keep it under 500,000. I think highest ever has been less than 300k. Not sure though. Why do you ask?

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.