Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2615122 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2017
Hello House,

Please when can one request transcript for a just completed degree programme. By just completed, I mean project defense was done few weeks back, though I heard result is to get to PG school by September. How long do I have to wait to be sure transcript that will be sent will show a completed programme?

School in question is Unilag, anyone with ideas please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 11:21am On Aug 08, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Upload what u have, be it statement of result, certificate, to whom it may concern as long as ur eca report is attached its fine. Don't forget to include ur ielts result too. Good luck

Ok. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Synway: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
MummyJaygirls:

Upload what u have, be it statement of result, certificate, to whom it may concern as long as ur eca report is attached its fine. Don't forget to include ur ielts result too. Good luck

Hi everyone. New here but I have read all pages. (Finally)

Mummyjaygirls thanks for all d good work. Biko I sent u a pm. I'd like to speak with you. Pls reply. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 11:38am On Aug 08, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Its advised to do what would make u sleep well at night after submission. If adding 6 months statement will make u happy, include it. If not telling a lie and keeping it simple (don't know what that means though) will make u feel confident in ur submission, my sister, fire down. Everyone's goal is to get COPR at d end of the day. Good luck!

Hello mummyjaygirls. I sent you a PM please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dchamps: 11:42am On Aug 08, 2017
THANKS and congrats on your ppr
Wura27:

Unfortunately, he would not be able to write IELTS without his passport. BC is really strict about this. He should be able to reschedule....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Patterns18: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2017
Greetings Wonderful People, please I need contact details for Police clearance Certificate in Abuja. Anyone with viable information? Pleasee.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 11:58am On Aug 08, 2017
Great info. Thank you. We expect more feedback ad you promised. This helps

folamingo:
I called the Accra Visa Office and I was informed to send only the bio data page of the US passport (Which I did in colour) and not to send the physical passport as they are not stamping it or affixing a visa as a visa exempt country. They said they will attach the COPR letter to the photocopy.

Kindly note I used the US passport ONLY during application.

I sent package yesterday, so I will give a feedback when the entire process has been completed.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
Synway:
[color=#006600][/color]

Hi everyone. New here but I have read all pages. (Finally)

Mummyjaygirls thanks for all d good work. Biko I sent u a pm. I'd like to speak with you. Pls reply. Thanks
Feygbe:

Hello mummyjaygirls. I sent you a PM please

Mummyjaygirls is Nairaland's most wanted. Hehehe!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by philip3(m): 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ronnygold:

Seniors in the house, please I need answer to this question. God bless!

hi I'm in the same dilema. someone at the registry said it can be amended and a new certificate issued. however I plan to either get a receipt (fingers crossed) or do affidavit and get the registry to acknowledge it.
registry was at warri sha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
I really am starting to think no one is working on my application. I have been on IP1 since july 7. They said IP1 is where they do completeness check. I mean how long does is take to determine if someone submitted all the required documents which I did of course. Been on IP1 for a month and haven't gotten any status update since then and this is really bothering me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 1:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
All I can say is you have to just be patient noni. In as much as you may want to compare with others who have similar AORs or partial timelines as yours, the truth is CIC says they try to make the processing done within 6 months. So as far as they are concerned, they are on track with their work or 'promise'.

If you however feel uncomfortable with the way things are proceeding, you can send them a mail to make enquiries.

Hang in there. The vision is yet for an appointed time!

omesanni:
I really am starting to think no one is working on my application. I have been on IP1 since july 7. They said IP1 is where they do completeness check. I mean how long does is take to determine if someone submitted all the required documents which I did of course. Been on IP1 for a month and haven't gotten any status update since then and this is really bothering me.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluphilip2008(f): 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi - I think you should be fine IF AND ONLY IF the reference letter you get from your company states your job title as Administrative Assistant AND the responsibilities listed on the reference letter CLOSELY match that of an Administrative Assistant and not a receptionist. The capitals are crucial points to take note of.

All the best!

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by luckymindz: 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
Depends on your department. You need to check at pgschool to be sure your results have been sent for approval. In my case, I did my project defense April, our of coordinator sent the result January the following year. Yours won't be like that, I pray
Kontagious:
Hello House,

Please when can one request transcript for a just completed degree programme. By just completed, I mean project defense was done few weeks back, though I heard result is to get to PG school by September. How long do I have to wait to be sure transcript that will be sent will show a completed programme?

School in question is Unilag, anyone with ideas please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by atigro(m): 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
Congratulations bro,this canny dream na real hustle for my hood now ooo. I dey spread the gospel like wide fire [b][/b]
40manlappy:
Received stamped passports and COPR today smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saintp(m): 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
fonseca1929:
Hi everyone,

This is mainly for those that had used WES to verify FUTO degree and transcript or anyone with a clue. WES had sent message to the school to verify my transcript and degree certificate,however,they are yet to give them feedback since a month.Kindly share if you have gone through this process...Thanks in advance

I called someone over there and I was told that transcripts are applied and paid for online. Is that how you got them to send the transcript to WES? I don't why I don't seem to trust the online service. Please could you share how you went about getting your transcript sent from FUTO. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamajaz(f): 2:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
This thread long walahi....well done to everybody here.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

It is a free pre arrival orientation/information session organised in various countries (including naija) for intending canadian immigrants.....
They give lectures on every topic ranging frm taxes to school, housing, driving, jobs, cost of living, etc......they also help u get flight ticket deals(discount) frm patner airlines..
You can ask any questions...
The stated prerequisite is at least a PPR mail but it's been said dat AOR too gets u an entrance pass.
for more info, pls check https://www.planningforcanada.ca

If you live in or around PH and would like to attend a session here rather than travelling to other cities, pls indicate your interest..

Cheers.

Thanks. I have registered for the online fair.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
mamajaz:
This thread long walahi....well done to everybody here.

Mamajaz......

I sight you o.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamajaz(f): 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
ajiifixing:

Mamajaz......
I sight you o.
Brother meee....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by depair: 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
hello everyone great forum with good result all the way.
am just joining and need all the counsel I can get
I have a Bsc in Geology
worked as an ICT staff in my service year
after that worked in a Microfinance bank for like 2yrs as a loan officer went for my Masters in GIS after my masters I have been doing my own biz. Logistics(car hire) I have a biz name registered

please need your guidance on what occupation to choose
yet to assess as I don't know

note married wiffy has degree in Guidance n counseling but also into biz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamajaz(f): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
40manlappy:
Received stamped passports and COPR today smiley
congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
I need a little help. I am preparing my reference letter template to send to HR. Can it be addressed to "Canadian Embassy"? I don't want to tell them it's for immigration purposes and they won't do a "To whom it may concern"letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
depair:
I have a Bsc in Geology
after that worked in a Microfinance bank for like 2yrs as a loan officer went for my Masters in GIS after my masters I have been doing my own biz. Logistics(car hire) I have a biz name registered

How long have you been doing your own biz? You should be able to find something under Skill Type 0, if you are a manager, i.e. a manager responsible for your own biz.

Check here to see the applicable NOCs. You need to have skill type 0, or level A or B.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
omesanni:
Criminality check is also done in IP1. If you submitted multiple PCCs it could be prolonged. Other background checks are also done here. You can order your GCMS notes for a better update
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2017
XX01:
I need a little help. I am preparing my reference letter template to send to HR. Can it be addressed to "Canadian Embassy"? I don't want to tell them it's for immigration purposes and they won't do a "To whom it may concern"letter.
You can address the letter to the Canadian embassy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
XX01:
This is a tricky one.
In the case your coy doesn't want to address "to whom it may concern", the general advice is to use the address in quote. I'd just go one on it and say you can modify to the below in order to remove any immigration suspicion. Ultimately, though, you owe it to your employer to know that you may be migrating. Don't you think?

Central Intake Office (CIO)
IRCC,
Sydney, Nova Scotia,
Canada.

Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Mine was addressed to "To whom it may concern". However, I think you can just address it to:

Central Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia,
Canada.

This is where all PR application go to first before it is either sent to local Visa Offices or Central Processing Centre in Ottawa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chybaz: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
Please I thought its only transcript they send to WES.
Must you send your BSc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
depair:
I have a Bsc in Geology

think you should be able to use the Loan Officer's work experience. Check NOC 0122
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by depair: 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
cochtrane:

How long have you been doing your own biz? You should be able to find something under Skill Type 0, if you are a manager, i.e. a manager responsible for your own biz.

Check here to see the applicable NOCs. You need to have skill type 0, or level A or B.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Looking at choosing something related to Logistic as that is what my biz supports but am looking at its relationship with my educational qualification
its a small biz though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
depair:

Looking at choosing something related to Logistic as that is what my biz supports but am looking at its relationship with my educational qualification
its a small biz though
I don't think your NOC has to be related to your educational qualification. You just need to make sure you have got the claimed years of experience in your desired NOC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by depair: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
ajiifixing:

think you should be able to use the Loan Officer's work experience. Check NOC 0122

Thanks but I hope there is no need for relation between degree qualifications n work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
chybaz:
Please I thought its only transcript they send to WES.
Must you send your BSc

I believe you will need to send a copy of your certificate to WES. We scanned our certificates and had a friend in Canada post them. We had to do this for ours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.