Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600519 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 8:39am On Aug 08, 2017
The bolded is wrong sir/ma,

Uploading certificate is requirement for e-APR and people's submission have been returned for incompleteness here for forgetting to add 1 or more certificate that they claimed points for, it is the transcript that is optional.

But like you said, poster should be fine with submitting statement of result.

cochtrane:

I tried to look into your question.

From what I can gather, CIC simply wants you to provide an ECA. Typically, this should be sufficient since it already proves that your education is equivalent to a Canadian degree. Chikena!

However, people go ahead to add certificates, statements of result and sometimes transcript to the application. Which isn't bad, but in real sense just superfluous.

I may be wrong sha. But if you don't have the certificate, there's not much you can do. You should go ahead and submit the statement of result. I believe you'll fine. WES after all accepted same without raising an eyebrow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 8:43am On Aug 08, 2017
crazyinlove:

Ok. Thanks dear. I appreciate
If you look through the requirements on their webpage, they actually need those who studied in Canada to produce as proof certificates, diplomas, etc. But for foreign credentials, they need an ECA and then proof of study. There's no explicit demand for a certificate. If WES found a statement of result sufficient as proof, I see no reason CIC shouldn't find same as sufficient.

I hope this helps. Good luck on getting your PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 8:44am On Aug 08, 2017
Abby2017:
The bolded is wrong sir/ma,

Uploading certificate is requirement for e-APR and people's submission have been returned for incompleteness here for forgetting to add 1 or more certificate that they claimed points for, it is the transcript that is optional.

But like you said, poster should be fine with submitting statement of result.

Yes you are correct. Just looked a bit more on their website. However, I did say I could be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 8:45am On Aug 08, 2017
funshobabs:

Thought as much. I just saw 320k on a page. If so then, if application doesn't go up then points for the draw will drop. The last draw was 441. Going through CIC page I noticed that most of this year's points were low compared with previous years. I am forecasting that as from September, there will be a significant reduction in the points needed to secure an ITA, points might go as low as 400 sef.

I doubt it'll go lower than 400. Bsc with a good IELTS score always takes the applicant above 400 but below 440 or so. I think that's where it might stay. Just my thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ItsYourFriend: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2017
Wura27:

Hi, No you can only calculate your tentative CRS score. Best to start reading the thread on all that is required from Page 0 or look for posts by @cochtrane for more info.

Thank you, @Wura27.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:10am On Aug 08, 2017
crazyinlove:

Hi dear, No its not for WES. Its actually for the eAPR.

Upload what u have, be it statement of result, certificate, to whom it may concern as long as ur eca report is attached its fine. Don't forget to include ur ielts result too. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:14am On Aug 08, 2017
teewhy31:

You know! I would rather not lie and just keep it simple.

Its advised to do what would make u sleep well at night after submission. If adding 6 months statement will make u happy, include it. If not telling a lie and keeping it simple (don't know what that means though) will make u feel confident in ur submission, my sister, fire down. Everyone's goal is to get COPR at d end of the day. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 9:35am On Aug 08, 2017
I called the Accra Visa Office and I was informed to send only the bio data page of the US passport (Which I did in colour) and not to send the physical passport as they are not stamping it or affixing a visa as a visa exempt country. They said they will attach the COPR letter to the photocopy.

Kindly note I used the US passport ONLY during application.

I sent package yesterday, so I will give a feedback when the entire process has been completed.

yokus:
I believe either the USA passport or the Nigerian Passport can be submitted. I intend to submit the USA Passports because the kids will probably use that more for travelling that doesn't include Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluphilip2008(f): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2017
Pls seniors in the house, for someone who was employed as an Embassy receptionist (NOC Category C), but performs all administrative functions stated under Administrative Assistant (NOC 1241, Category B), is it okay to use Administrative Assistant as the Job title in the reference letter instead of receptionist which is under the ineligible category C?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2017
crazyinlove:

Ok. Thanks dear. I appreciate

Please don't thanks dear him for that o. For every place holder there's a tiny button on the side that guides you on what to upload please adhere to that strictly. If I remember correctly it tells you to upload your degree certs and credentials. Please upload your degrees certificates, if you don't have that upload statement of result, transcripts whatever you have then add your IELTS and WES evaluation . People have been rejected for not adding their degrees certs and just putting WES alone. More is always better in this journey.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:55am On Aug 08, 2017
oluphilip2008:
Pls seniors in the house, for someone who was employed as an Embassy receptionist (NOC Category C), but performs all administrative functions stated under Administrative Assistant (NOC 1241, Category B), is it okay to use Administrative Assistant as the Job title in the reference letter instead of receptionist which is under the ineligible category C?

Hi - I think you should be fine IF AND ONLY IF the reference letter you get from your company states your job title as Administrative Assistant AND the responsibilities listed on the reference letter CLOSELY match that of an Administrative Assistant and not a receptionist. The capitals are crucial points to take note of.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 10:02am On Aug 08, 2017
Hephgirl:

Finally.. Nice one

Thanks sis.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Virt: 10:02am On Aug 08, 2017
Hmmm , its well. I cant afford to go to that school o.

I just hopes he is not being fraudulent. I'll update here once completed.

DereI:

I'm sorry to say the delay might not be from the school but from the person you sent money to for the processing. Same happened to me. Please note, ''i might be wrong'' but you need to find out directly from the Exam and Records office if your transcript has been requested...probably send someone else to make the enquiry for you.

In my case, the person simply ate the money and gave me several excuses accusing the school of the delay. I had to go there myself and found out no request was made.

Wish you the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 10:16am On Aug 08, 2017
If its for eAPR...Please follow the instructions given in the question mark hanger. It said examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree . In addition to that include your IELTS and ECA (this wasn't requested for but it hasn't been proven to aid the application. Also an overzealous VO can cancel an application when they do not see the IELTS or ECA, instead of requesting for it if needed).

In all, ensure you satisfy all the requirements in the question mark hanger to the best of your ability. If in doubt, Please ask for clarifications.

crazyinlove:
Good morning all,

Does it matter if a husband submitted Degree Certificate and the wife submit Statement of Result (both included WES Report)

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 10:30am On Aug 08, 2017
folamingo:
I called the Accra Visa Office and I was informed to send only the bio data page of the US passport (Which I did in colour) and not to send the physical passport as they are not stamping it or affixing a visa as a visa exempt country. They said they will attach the COPR letter to the photocopy.

I sent package yesterday, so I will give a feedback when the entire process has been completed.

Ok thanks. Makes sense. We will await your feedback.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Virt: 10:31am On Aug 08, 2017
@Canadafly, I must say your posts so far have been appalling.

As you have presented yourself so far, it appears you should not need help from these wonderful group of people, since CIC website has been as explicit as they can be. Like someone else has rightly pointed out, since I joined this thread I have not seen condescending comments such as yours.

For this group to continue as a family, that it has always been, you may just want to stop posting here and send your questions directly to CIC, I believer they will answer your numerous questions nicely.

Please lets revert to status quo - One Naija Family...Cheers

Canadianfly:

What are you on about

Please show me where on CIC site it requires you to be present for pcc? Why does their website give options for people who live there and people who live outside the supposed country? And please do me the honour of showing me where I advised her to do gift deed. In case you forgot, my post was me laughing at someone else's response.In fact eh.... Are you okay at all or you have a fever

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tdadz: 10:49am On Aug 08, 2017
Pls I need guidance on how to do about WES assessment... I plan visiting my university tomorrow to obtain my hard copy transcript in stamped envelopes... after I receive them, should I as well include copies of my BSc. certificate b4 I send to WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Virt: 10:51am On Aug 08, 2017
I think your ECA report is all CIC requires, that's why they requested that we assess our credentials with those approved agencies. I doubt they'll need to see your certificates again to process your application.

cochtrane:

I tried to look into your question.

From what I can gather, CIC simply wants you to provide an ECA. Typically, this should be sufficient since it already proves that your education is equivalent to a Canadian degree. Chikena!

However, people go ahead to add certificates, statements of result and sometimes transcript to the application. Which isn't bad, but in real sense just superfluous.

I may be wrong sha. But if you don't have the certificate, there's not much you can do. You should go ahead and submit the statement of result. I believe you'll fine. WES after all accepted same without raising an eyebrow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Iruosonobrugwhe: 10:53am On Aug 08, 2017
ameeeeeeeen

funshobabs:

Thought as much. I just saw 320k on a page. If so then, if application doesn't go up then points for the draw will drop. The last draw was 441. Going through CIC page I noticed that most of this year's points were low compared with previous years. I am forecasting that as from September, there will be a significant reduction in the points needed to secure an ITA, points might go as low as 400 sef.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 10:54am On Aug 08, 2017
Ahhhh...please read the requirement on WES website and be guided.
Have you paid to WES? Do you have a reference nunber already?
Your school is to send the transcript, not you. So certificate and transcript will be sent differently. Remember to quote your reference numbers.
Tdadz:
Pls I need guidance on how to do about WES assessment... I plan visiting my university tomorrow to obtain my hard copy transcript in stamped envelopes... after I receive them, should I as well include copies of my BSc. certificate b4 I send to WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:58am On Aug 08, 2017
CIC requires your ECA report AND Certificates you claim points for... Your application would be regarded as incomplete and rejected.

Virt:
I think your ECA report is all CIC requires, that's why they requested that we assess our credentials with those approved agencies. I doubt they'll need to see your certificates again to process your application.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 10:59am On Aug 08, 2017
Virt:
@Canadafly, I must say your posts so far have been appalling.

As you have presented yourself so far, it appears you should not need help from these wonderful group of people, since CIC website has been as explicit as they can be. Like someone else has rightly pointed out, since I joined this thread I have not seen condescending comments such as yours.

For this group to continue as a family, that it has always been, you may just want to stop posting here and send your questions directly to CIC, I believer they will answer your numerous questions nicely.

Please lets revert to status quo - One Naija Family...Cheers

It's not like I don't have response for you but my bible tells me to resist the devil and he will flee from thee! grin

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 11:00am On Aug 08, 2017
Virt:

Eca is not all that's required, you are to attach ur cert too, its transcript that's not required.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Virt: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2017
I just have marriage certificate and newspaper publication. I believe I will be fine, because swearing affidavit now after many years of marriage/change of name may just appear somehow.

freeradical:
I do not think this is entirely correct. For my spouse I just uploaded marriage certificate and newspaper publication as evidence for her change of name and now we have our PPR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Virt: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2017
Okay, thanks @MummyJaygirls.

MummyJaygirls:

Eca is not all that's required, you are to attach ur cert too, its transcript that's not required.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Virt: 11:03am On Aug 08, 2017
Thanks Boldinc.

boldinc:
CIC requires your ECA report AND Certificates you claim points for... Your application would be regarded as incomplete and rejected.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 08, 2017
Virt:

But some folks' applications have been rejected for not including degree certs.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 11:05am On Aug 08, 2017
Abby2017:
Ahhhh...please read the requirement on WES website and be guided.
Have you paid to WES? Do you have a reference nunber already?
Your school is to send the transcript, not you. So certificate and transcript will be sent differently. Remember to quote your reference numbers.

There's option to get the transcript unopened, stamped and signed across the envelope from the school and send to WES yourself Especially for foreign degrees. He/she should check the route for his/her university.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 11:07am On Aug 08, 2017
folamingo:

Thanks for this information. Good to know coz I kinda wondered about it for that stage
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 11:09am On Aug 08, 2017
I hear...

Canadianfly:

There's option to get the transcript unopened, stamped and signed across the envelope from the school and send to WES yourself Especially for foreign degrees. He/she should check the route for his/her university.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 11:10am On Aug 08, 2017
Tdadz:

If u want to send ur transcript urself try to send it from the same town as ur school to avoid stories that touch.

Someone has sent certs along with transcript to cut cost, u can try it too. But there are free fax sites u can also use

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dchamps: 11:16am On Aug 08, 2017
Oh thanks alot.
cochtrane:

I know some people who didn't have their passports at hand on the exam day were given some forms to fill. He should definitely go for the exam, explain his situation and I think he needs to go with a copy. Maybe he'll get a form to fill too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.