Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,689 members, 7,862,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (84181 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 4:46am On Apr 13, 2010
You know, Jk. I'm used to the way you type and I'm not sure I'd have it any other way.

I vote Repo Men for no other reason but to take sadistic pleasure in making our job difficult. Then there's the other matter of my tiny microscopic crush on JeSoul but that doesn't figure. Have at it, blokes.
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 4:51am On Apr 13, 2010
I don't think Prince of Persia will be out till may. I initially had reservations about casting Jake as the prince but I think I'll gladly eat my reservations. Nonetheless, I don't like seeing the Olga chic (pardon me, the name is stuck to my brain cells) in there. She's outta place in my opinion.
Re: The Movie Club by MadMax1(f): 8:17am On Apr 13, 2010
Justkunmi, whassamarrerwid-u? Are you suggesting that for a movie to be reviewed here, YOU must have seen it? Did you or did you not see the titles that have already collected votes? Fox for Brains. angry grin

JS, I see the absentee vote for Repo Men and I like it. Haven't seen the thing, but yeah. It has my vote. I'm tired of ooh-ahh movies and want some venomous reviews jere.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:01am On Apr 13, 2010
Max,
Where's.the.love?
I.Was.jus.tellin.yall, haven't.seen.Repo.Men. Dnt.say.it.can't.be.reviewed.
Infact. .I.haven't.seen.most.of.the.movies.we've.reviewed.here. .
I.Don't.even.count.my.own.votes.sef. . .vesc.noticed. .lol.

Vesc. .
Yep. About.my.typin. . Negotiations.and.bilateral.meetings.are.still.on.going. .

Repo.Men.for.review.next?. .
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2010
@justkunmi
"Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" will be shown in theaters on May 28, 2010.

"Clash of the Titans (2010)" was ok in a way. [size=3pt]The 3-D format was crap as I heard from some people.[/size]

I haven't seen "Repo Men" yet. I've been too busy at work these days.

You have not told us how you enjoyed your leave. cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 10:09am On Apr 13, 2010
Obinna . .
Clash.of.the.Titans.is.gettin.hate.reviews.oh.
The.dirrctors.tweaked.the.story.a.little.which.totally.distorted.the.original.story. Why.won't.Persius.marry.the.princess

My.leave. . Errh.
Twas.refreshng. I.was.always.here. . Readin.all.the.posts. Observin.from.a.vantage.point. . Jus.couldn't.post.
I.Also.had.a.huge.fight.with.Fox. I.think.its.finally.over, lool. .

Should.we.lock.down.Repo.Men?
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2010
What Vesc? its only microscopic? after all that hard work? this is a sad day for me.

Oya JK, select a movie, any one will do, whether I don see am or not, I have to empty some seriously sour grapes from recent events in reality and pseudo-reality. (dam producers of 24, dam!)
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2010
justkunmi:

The.dirrctors.tweaked.the.story.a.little.which.totally.distorted.the.original.story. Why.won't.Persius.marry.the.princess

I wonder o!!!  sad Instead of Perseus being in love with Andromeda, its another female called Lo he fell in love with.
I heard they are planning on making a sequel.

As for "Repo Men", "From Paris with Love" had 3 votes, so lets have more votes for Repo.
Re: The Movie Club by MadMax1(f): 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2010
You and Fox split? Ei-yah. And you were such a lovely couple. Hear Pitt and Jolie are splitting too.

obinna5000:

I wonder o!!!  sad Instead of Perseus being in love with Andromeda, its another female called Lo he fell in love with.

What? Weird plot.
Re: The Movie Club by eldee(m): 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2010
JeSoul:

What Vesc? its only microscopic? after all that hard work? this is a sad day for me.

Oya JK, select Let's Go To Prison, any one will do, whether I don see am or not, I have to empty some seriously sour grapes from recent events in reality and pseudo-reality. (dam producers of 24, dam!)

That's three votes to Let's Go To Prison.
Thank you Russian Terrorist grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:52pm On Apr 13, 2010
A.sequel.ke?
To.correct.their.mistakes? Rubbish!. .
The.whole.point.of.the.war.in.COTT.was.so.Perseus.can.Marry.Andromeda. And.the.over.ambitious.directors.messed.that.up. . So.they.want.us.see.a.sequel.where.Medusa.married.Zeus.? Nonsense. .

Max.
Yep. Fox.and.I.had.a.huge.fight.over.some.Maxim.list.she's.on. Brad.and.Jolie.needed.motivation. Fox.and.I.provided.it. .

Repo.Men.it.is. .

All.y'all.who.voted.for.it.should.post.reviews.oh. . Or.else. . .! Lol.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2010
Those that voted for "Repo Men", OYA, start reviewing. smiley cheesy grin

@justkunmi
To me, "Clash of the Titans (2010)" is still far better than "Percy Jackson & The Olympians - The Lightning Thief". cheesy grin
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2010
JeSoul. Savour your small victory and quit being Olivia Twisty. I don't crush easy, woman. Don't get your drawers in a twist. Lol.

Repo Men already. Jeez. When. . . . if we're through with that, maybe we can do Clash of the Titans as it's clearly the object of such disdain and loyal look-the-other-way-ance.

Bros Jk. Max doesn't like tuesdays much. It's nothing personal. The love will return tomoro. But you gotta hand it to her. It'll be nothing personal when I call you Fox-for-brains anytime soon. Oh, lookie! I believe I just did! Cheer up, old sport.
Re: The Movie Club by MadMax1(f): 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2010
Lol. So evil. You're Spikie's twin in a way.

JK, Maxim ke? So who's your new leading lady now you've kicked out a hundred and twenty pounds of pure silicone?
I hear great things about Bridges's performance in Crazy Heart. The guy was long overdue for an Oscar. Did you catch him in K-PAX? Not that he did anything special there, but it's a really good movie. But Po' Freeman was denied an Oscar again. I don't see him ever getting it now. If only Hanks hadn't been phenomenal as Forrest Gump, he would've won for Shawshank Redemption. Meanwhile born-yesterdays are getting the thing. No- I won't get started on my per oscar peeves.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Mad_Max
Morgan Freeman had already won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in "Million Dollar Baby (2004)".
Re: The Movie Club by MadMax1(f): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2010
Not good enough. He's Best Actor material. That's where real merit and recognition lies.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 10:42am On Apr 14, 2010
@Mad_Max
Apart from winning either Best Actor or Actress award in the Oscars, the Best Supporting Actor and Actress awards are also big awards to win.

@topic
So, what's up with the reviews?
Re: The Movie Club by eldee(m): 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2010
I don't care bout best actors and actresses, we've just gotta get that Academy Award for best Director.
That's the real one I'm aiming for, not me, per se, but I like to predict who'll win an Oscar. grin grin

A few more Lee Daniels movies in a dull year and we'll get it.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 1:18pm On Apr 14, 2010
Repo.Men

Directed by Miguel Sapochnik
Produced by Scott Stuber
Written by
Eric Garcia
Garrett Lerner
Starring
Jude Law
Forest Whitaker
Liev Schrieber
Alice Braga
Carice van Houten
Chandler Canterbury

Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 1:26pm On Apr 14, 2010
Max. .
Yep. . Maxim. . Did.you.see.the.edition.she.was.on?.
Still.searchin. Enjoyin.the.search.actually. Gat.any.ideas?

Vesc. .
Errrrhhrhhhh. . .
No. You.didn't.call.me.that.  I.most.certainly.would.know.when.you.do. .lol.

@topic. .
All.those.who.voted.Repo.Men. . .now.might.be.a.good.time.to.tell.us.what.you.think.about.it. .
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2010
justkunmi:

@topic. .
All.those.who.voted.Repo.Men. . .now.might.be.a.good.time.to.tell.us.what.you.think.about.it. .

TRUE TALK!!!!

Repo Men has been receiving mixed reviews from a lot of movie-goers.
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2010
Repo Men.

I can readily think of a few titles that would be more fitting to describe this movie, titles like "Stoopid Men" or "The Director Must've Been Drunk" or "The Sponsors Must've Been Drunker" or "The Writers were on strike, this is the best my Chimpanzee could come up with after randomly banging against a keyboard" or "We were really going for worst script - ever!" or just plain "Sike!"

I will shortly be putting in a formal complaint to the EFCC be reimbursed for the 2 hours I wasted on this movie, and everyone who had a hand in getting it to the theater should be tortured with waterboarding. That should serve as a deterrent lest they repeat this crime.

Anyways so Repo whatever is set in a future world that has suffered through terrible economic times. The two men are employed by a company that makes all kinds of artificial organs, when people they lease these organs to default on their monthly payment, the Repo men are sent to retrieve the organs. They show up at peoples houses or wherever (aided by the tracking device in the organ), kill them, slice them up and cut out the organs and return them to the company to be used in the next person. Jude Law's character has an accident during one of his retrievals and ends up needing an artificial organ himself. He refuses to return to cutting people up, and when he cannot pay for his own he becomes the hunted.

Don't let the synopsis fool you, the whole thing was flat and boring. The glaring absence of the police or law to allow them to just go around killing people was never explained. The way characters popped in and out was disjointed. The stupid accent was annoying. The "finish this" scene that was major in the previews was one of the emptiest and fakest I've seen. If a bark from a toothless dog was ever translated into picture, that scene would be it.

The only good thing about the movie was the end. And no, I don't mean that sarcastically. The end was unexpected and slightly alleviated the bitter taste that was already in my mouth. Notwitstanding that preceeding scene that was supposed to be a harmless scanning of their organs, that was somehow sinisterly turned into a very strange, sloppy and disturbing se.x scene. This movie is a black mark on the acting careers of all the participants.

Overall, I rate 15%. If not for Vesc, it woulda been 20%.
Re: The Movie Club by doyin13(m): 3:32pm On Apr 14, 2010
JeSoul:

Repo Men.

I can readily think of a few titles that would be more fitting to describe this movie, titles like "Stoopid Men" or "The Director Must've Been Drunk" or "The Sponsors Must've Been Drunker" or "The Writers were on strike, this is the best my Chimpanzee could come up with after randomly banging against a keyboard" or "We were really going for worst script - ever!" or just plain "Sike!"

I will shortly be putting in a formal complaint to the EFCC be reimbursed for the 2 hours I wasted on this movie, and everyone who had a hand in getting it to the theater should be tortured with waterboarding. That should serve as a deterrent lest they repeat this crime.

Anyways so Repo whatever is set in a future world that has suffered through terrible economic times. The two men are employed by a company that makes all kinds of artificial organs, when people they lease these organs to default on their monthly payment, the Repo men are sent to retrieve the organs. They show up at peoples houses or wherever (aided by the tracking device in the organ), kill them, slice them up and cut out the organs and return them to the company to be used in the next person. Jude Law's character has an accident during one of his retrievals and ends up needing an artificial organ himself. He refuses to return to cutting people up, and when he cannot pay for his own he becomes the hunted.

Don't let the synopsis fool you, the whole thing was flat and boring. The glaring absence of the police or law to allow them to just go around killing people was never explained. The way characters popped in and out was disjointed. The silly accent was annoying. The "finish this" scene that was major in the previews was one of the emptiest and fakest I've seen. If a bark from a toothless dog was ever translated into picture, that scene would be it.

The only good thing about the movie was the end. And no, I don't mean that sarcastically. The end was unexpected and slightly alleviated the bitter taste that was already in my mouth. Notwitstanding that preceeding scene that was supposed to be a harmless scanning of their organs, that was somehow sinisterly turned into a very strange, sloppy and disturbing se.x scene. This movie is a black mark on the acting careers of all the participants.

Overall, I rate 15%. If not for Vesc, it woulda been 20%.

Was this review for Taken? cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue

This was brutal ooo
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2010
Did i vote repo men??. . .just saw the movie and am like. . . SHIT!!!. . Waste of ma precious 2hrs!
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2010
15%. Lmao.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2010
I heard "Repo Men" did poorly at the box office. It had a production budget of $32 million and it made only $13 million in worldwide box office. undecided
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2010
Doyin mind yaself oh lol, it wasn't even brutal enough as attested by this:
obinna5000:

I heard "Repo Men" did poorly at the box office. It had a production budget of $32 million and it made only $13 million in worldwide box office. undecided
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 7:56pm On Apr 14, 2010
Offtopic
I was banned for the way I write. I questioned the reasons cos I didn't break any law. The typing didn't offend anybody in any way. Jus me typing. But the authorities would not hear a word of it. I got unbanned by a close friend and got on with my typing.
Today I got an admin message questioning why I was unbanned.
So as not to put my good friend in some cyberspace trouble imma comply with the "rules".
Here's to you Mukina. Thanks.

Its a shame the authorities couldn't read between the lines. errh dots.
Re: The Movie Club by MadMax1(f): 6:42am On Apr 15, 2010
Whoever banned you for the way you type is not well. But of course, he or she won't know that. A little power goes to our heads. It's a weakness of the species, like a slug's tiny brain.
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2010
Quite odd.
JustKunmi, if you could type normally before, why were you typing with dots in between every word?
I must admit, before I 'knew' you, I found it a tad annoying and I thought you were a wonker ( grin grin grin) but afterwards, I concluded that it must have been a genuine problem with your pc/phone. Seeing as you can type normally now, what gives?
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2010
I believe the dots serves as a form of trademark for Justkunmi. It serves as his identity and signature in Nairaland.

Hey, lets have more reviews for "Repo Men". wink
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 3:15pm On Apr 15, 2010
Max
My thoughts exactly. But different choice of words. Lol

Spikey
lmao. You tot I was a wo . .  .! Jesus Christ. Lol. . Thanks for the paradigm shift anyways. Lol.
About my typing. Errh. I got a keyboard from Malaysia. Problem was some letters were mixed up. Did all the fixing I could do but the spacebar and fullstop keys swapped places permanently. True Story
Question is. Does it make sense to be banned for it?

Obinna
You're a good man my friend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (96) (Reply)

Photo Of Thin Tall Tony And Family / You're A Legend And Not Getting Any Younger If You Know These Movie Scenes / Fans Dig Up Video Of Tacha Advertising With Her Chest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.