Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:51 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (84160 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2010
Yours! Yours!
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 7:19pm On Sep 22, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I could kiss you for this! That bloody irritant, Clooney. I only like him when I cannot see him eg Fantastic Mr. Fox.
cheesy thank you oh my sista. I've never understood why he gets such acclaim.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2010
So, after all the digressions, permutations, assertions and collation, "The Departed (2006)" inculcated an average rating of 86%.

So, I guess we'll be reviewing an animated movie next.

Oh!! One more thing. I finally saw "The Illusionist". It wasn't bad sha. wink
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2010
'It wasn't bad' is usually euphemism for 'I don't know what the big deal is'
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
@vescucci
You're gerrymandering the whole thing. cheesy
I found "The Illusionist" quite pleasing if I must say.
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 11:19pm On Sep 22, 2010
Gerry coil or what was that? Why'd I wanna further an agenda opposed to mine eh? 'Quite pleasing' is euphemism for 'not all that pleasing'
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 11:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
vescucci:

Gerry coil or what was that? Why'd I wanna further an agenda opposed to mine eh? 'Quite pleasing' is euphemism for 'not all that pleasing'

@vescucci
You're just perambulating around this issue. grin "The Illusionist" was cool. cheesy grin
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 7:34am On Sep 23, 2010
Aha! The Illusionist was cool!
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 7:46am On Sep 23, 2010
Summary review

The Departed 86%
General comments. Very beautiful movie. Mos def one of Scorcese's best works. A must see

#OnToTheNextOne.
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2010
FINALLY angry cool
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 11:22am On Sep 23, 2010
obinna5000:

So, after all the digressions, permutations, assertions and collation, "The Departed (2006)" inculcated an average rating of 86%.

So, I guess we'll be reviewing an animated movie next.

Oh!! One more thing. I finally saw "The Illusionist". It wasn't bad sha. wink

Abeg o, how is 86% average?
Re: The Movie Club by kobikwelu(m): 11:24am On Sep 23, 2010
^^^^

ITS OBVIOUS U ARE NEW HERE, SO DUNT JUMP IN . JUST TRY AND WATCH THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND HOW THINGS WORK, NGEEEEE

FINALLY
finally oooo

as for animated, i dunt watch much

but since we had a "gentleman's aggrement" cool cool cool on the next being an animated movie

i suggest, (DRUMS ROLLING, SUSPENSE PALPABLE, HOLLYWOOD HOLDING THEIR BREATHE AS I RUMMINATE grin grin grin)

FINDING NEMO!!!!!
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 11:28am On Sep 23, 2010
kobikwelu:

^^^^
ITS OBVIOUS U ARE NEW HERE, SO DUNT JUMP IN . JUST TRY AND WATCH THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND HOW THINGS WORK, NGEEEEE

I am new here eh? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Bro, check the first page of this thread. wink Oldie. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2010
@spikedcylinder
Its the collective mean of all the ratings.

So, we be reviewing an animated movie next.

Here are my suggestions:
- Up (2009)
- Spirited Away (2002)
- Toy Story trilogy (JeSoul, what do u think? grin )
- Final Fantasy-The Spirits Within (2001)
- Finding Nemo
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2010
obinna5000:

@spikedcylinder
Its the collective mean of all the ratings.

Hmmnnn, what kindda movies have been getting reviewed such that 86% will be an average score?
Anyway sha, with people like Jesoul giving G I Jane top score, what else is to be expected? grin cheesy

Lets do UP!
Re: The Movie Club by Kay17: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2010
up up up up!
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2010
Hehe did Kobi just call Spiked (one of the founding members of NL) JJC? grin

obinna5000:

Here are my suggestions:
- Up (2009)
- Spirited Away (2002)
- Toy Story trilogy (JeSoul, what do u think? grin )
- Final Fantasy-The Spirits Within (2001)
- Finding Nemo
Lol. The only one I've seen on this list is Up, so I add my vote to Spikey's and Kay's.
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Hmmnnn, what kindda movies have been getting reviewed such that 86% will be an average score?
Anyway sha, with people like Jesoul giving G I Jane top score, what else is to be expected? grin cheesy

Hehe  grin. I did see G.I. Joe a while back . . . JK forced me to take one for the club. Imagine a movie that never had an original thought in its entire life, that was GI Joe.

and oh looks like you didn't get obinna's point - 86% is the average of all the ratings each reviewer gave for the Departed. Not that 86% is an average score. Make sense?
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2010
JeSoul:

Hehe  grin. I did see G.I. Joe a while back . . . JK forced me to take one for the club. Imagine a movie that never had an original thought in its entire life, that was GI Joe.

and oh looks like you didn't get obinna's point - 86% is the average of all the ratings each reviewer gave for the Departed. Not that 86% is an average score. Make sense?

Oh, I get it now! My bad.
Obinna, when are we going to the movies na? angry angry angry
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2010
@spikedcylinder
"Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" starts showing from Friday at Nigerian cinemas. cheesy I'll check it out on Monday at Ozone cinemas.
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2010
grin grin grin
No problem. Can you carry me on your back? That's a prerequisite o. tongue cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2010
Must see Wall Street. Been a while I saw Michael Douglas. With his cancer and errything this movie would sell.

Must we do an animation? I suggested ToyStory and some powerful people here said no sad *crying*

JeSoul. You never gave me that G.I Joe review oh. Lol. Scammer smiley
Re: The Movie Club by mamagee3(f): 1:07am On Sep 24, 2010
spikedcylinder:

grin grin grin
No problem. Can you carry me on your back? That's a prerequisite o. tongue cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by kobikwelu(m): 8:24am On Sep 24, 2010
Must see Wall Street. Been a while I saw Michael Douglas. With his cancer and errything this movie would sell.

Must we do an animation? I suggested ToyStory and some powerful people here said no  *crying*

JeSoul. You never gave me that G.I Joe review oh. Lol. Scammer

ROTFLMAO

are u insinuating that this thread is run by a "CABAL" cool cool cool cool

abeg ooooo
personally, i choose not to  watch the toy stories
its kinda laughable most of these animated movies are now series cry cry cry cry

no body is willing to think of something fresh

am still sticking with  "

finding nemo"
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 8:56am On Sep 24, 2010
Shark Tale 
A-list Cast
Come ON people!! angry angry
Hmph!*waits patiently*
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:30am On Sep 24, 2010
Just saw the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Yaaayy!! November 17!!!!! YaaaY!!!!!!!

*now dancing around in my underwear*
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 9:53am On Sep 24, 2010
JK, lets do Toy Story na. I'd love to tear it apart. grin
Kobi, you are not going to apologise for your error? wink cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by kobikwelu(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2010
^^^^

lolll

apologise?

you did not sound like a "founding member" *****rolls eyes****

if u were actually a founding member, u would have known the way the system works,

any way,

Just saw the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Yaaayy!! November 17!!!!! YaaaY!!!!!!!

*now dancing around in my underwear*

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

pleeaaasseee ooo,

except ur a kardarsian look alike cool cool cool cool cool
den am good to go grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 10:28am On Sep 24, 2010
kobikwelu:

^^^^

lolll

apologise?

you did not sound like a  "founding member"  *****rolls eyes****

if u were actually  a founding member, u would have known the way the system works,

Lol. How do founding members 'sound'?  I know the way it works and if I remember correctly, in the beginning, vescucci asked that the movie ratings be calculated in percentage. Not you.
Hmmmn. . . .maybe it's time for me to exit this place once again. Nothing like the original crew anyway.
Cheers.
smiley
Re: The Movie Club by kobikwelu(m): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2010
^^^^^

eiyaaaaa we go miss u ooooooooo cry cry cry cry cry cry pleeeeaaasseee dont go, we love uuuuuuuuu

*****sobbbing and crying******

(2 seconds later)

Jk, obinna5000, jesoul

wots up with our new movie tday

is it finding nemo, shark tale, up, toy storyy
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2010
Shark Tale angry cool
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2010
Hey, v3. You on a vow of two or three words?

I actually loved-hated Shark Tale. Loved the mafia theme, hated Will Smith. Finding Nemo is a classic. My brother even loves it more than I. We musta seen it three dozen times cuz of him. I didn't like Up that much either. Loved the score sha. The kid was sooo annoying. . . . and I'm a bleeding heart. Toy Story. (Nervous laugh) is not in good company. Me and JK no reach. Where's that Spikyn when you need him? Final Fantasy is in a class of its own. It's a different ball game altogether. I think I like that but I hate to be a killjoy so I vote for the doggone Up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (96) (Reply)

Photo Of Thin Tall Tony And Family / You're A Legend And Not Getting Any Younger If You Know These Movie Scenes / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.