Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83934 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2010
The Illusionist review summary

Average rating 86.5%
General comments. beautiful plot from start to finish. And Beil did well. She and her backside.

Next movie. Suggestions.
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2010
We review movies. Not 'the very best of movies'. Great critics don't turn away from a shitty movie. They give it the shitty rating it deserves. Let's pick from Kobe's pool so that my conscience will leave me alone. I just got this brand new conscience for I shot the last one.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2010
Whether its big, medium, small or over low budget movies, any is open for reviews. We even review both good and wack movies.  cheesy  grin

We vote for the movies we want reviewed, and the one with the highest vote gets it at the end of the day. Its that simple.

Lets have some suggestions.

I'm suggesting either:

- Shutter Island (2010)
- The Departed (2006)
- SpiderMan Trilogy
- The Godfather Trilogy
- Iron Man 1 & 2
- or better yet, lets review a wack movie.  grin
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2010
Lets do The Departed . . . its on Kobi's list  smiley. while also secretly voting for Iron Man du-logy
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2010
@JeSoul
Nooo!!! cheesy grin I want wack film. grin
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2010
Lol which one you dey now grin oya, lets review Beyonce's Obsessed again. Abi you want nollywood? then lets do "My Private Part" grin
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2010
JeSoul:

Lol which one you dey now  grin  oya, lets review Beyonce's Obsessed again. Abi you want nollywood? then lets do "My Private Part"  grin

@JeSoul
I've changed my mind.  grin

Lets review either:

- Shutter Island (2010)
- The Departed (2006)
- SpiderMan Trilogy
- The Godfather Trilogy
- Iron Man 1 & 2
- JFK (1991)
- Titanic (1997)
- Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2010
Uh, I also change my mind even though I hadn't made it up but just in case. Let's do The Departed then. It's not that fresh in my head though. Later, maybe we can do Frost/Nixon, eh?
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 8:36am On Sep 16, 2010
obinna5000:

@JeSoul
I've changed my mind.  grin

Lets review either:

- Shutter Island (2010)
- The Departed (2006)
- SpiderMan Trilogy cool
- The Godfather Trilogy
- Iron Man 1 & 2
- JFK (1991)
- Titanic (1997)
- Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy Arrggghhhh kiss kiss

Anyone seen "We Are Marshall"?
Re: The Movie Club by davidif: 9:06am On Sep 16, 2010
SHUTTER ISLAND WAS GOOD. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I WASTED OVER $10.00 TO SEE THAT USELESS MOVIE CALLED 'THE EXPENDABLES'.
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2010
Anybody who spent money expecting anything more than he or she got should change his investment portfolio.
Re: The Movie Club by kobikwelu(m): 10:54am On Sep 16, 2010
We review movies. Not 'the very best of movies'. Great critics don't turn away from a shitty movie. They give it the shitty rating it deserves. Let's pick from Kobe's pool so that my conscience will leave me alone. I just got this brand new conscience for I shot the last one

ROTFLMHBASAOOOOOOO grin grin grin grin grin

SHUTTER ISLAND WAS GOOD. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I WASTED OVER $10.00 TO SEE THAT USELESS MOVIE CALLED 'THE EXPENDABLES'

@davidif

wetin kwansign expendables with our jist undecided undecided undecided undecided

so guys is it the departed grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2010
Yup. You go first.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2010
@kobikwelu
"The Departed (2006)" has 3 votes so far. We still need 2 more votes to carry on with the review.

Come to think of it, we have never reviewed an animated movie so far. undecided The time will come sha. smiley
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2010
Let's review Toy Story 3.

Anyone seen that Ije movie? sad
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2010
I saw "Ije" last month at Genesis Cinemas. It was quite impressive for a Nigerian movie.
"Ije" has not started showing in cinemas outside Nigeria at the moment but only at some international film festivals. Its showing in Nigeria cinemas at the moment (mainly Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt).

The Departed (2006) - 3 votes
Toy Story 3 (2010) - 1 vote
Re: The Movie Club by SubmitYour: 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2010
I would like to see
Inception
toy story 3
Re: The Movie Club by doyin13(m): 11:51pm On Sep 16, 2010
. . .just saw LA Confidential like for the twentieth time. That film just gets better and better.

Right up there amongst the best I ever seen.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:56pm On Sep 16, 2010
Yaaayy! Toy Story - 2 votes!
Let's do this people. More votes to infinity and beyond!
Re: The Movie Club by davidif: 2:17am On Sep 17, 2010
doyin13:

. . .just saw LA Confidential like for the twentieth time. That film just gets better and better.

Right up there amongst the best I ever seen.

Yep! awesome movie. I wish hollywood still made film noir's though
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 8:38am On Sep 17, 2010
@SubmitYour
Inception has been reviewed already.
@JK
Why don't we review the entire Toy Story series.
So far,
THE DEPARTED - 3 votes
TOY STORY trilogy - 2 votes
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:13am On Sep 17, 2010
Nice! Even better!
Votes!!!!!!! Toy Story Trilogy!
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
justkunmi:

Let's review Toy Story 3.

Inyama! tongue
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2010
This stupid democracy thing sef. No wonder it takes 3 years to decide to build a dam, another 4 years of building, another 3 years of abandonment, another 2 years trying to decide if the project is worth continuing and the decision is usually no. You people should give me veto power jare. Hmmm, veto is and anagram of vote
Re: The Movie Club by doyin13(m): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2010
vescucci:

This silly democracy thing sef. No wonder it takes 3 years to decide to build a dam, another 4 years of building, another 3 years of abandonment, another 2 years trying to decide if the project is worth continuing and the decision is usually no. You people should give me veto power jare. Hmmm, veto is and anagram of vote

wow. . . what a world changing philosophical discovery shocked shocked grin grin
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2010
vescucci:

This silly democracy thing sef. No wonder it takes 3 years to decide to build a dam, another 4 years of building, another 3 years of abandonment, another 2 years trying to decide if the project is worth continuing and the decision is usually no. You people should give me veto power jare. Hmmm, veto is and anagram of vote
Lol. But then we have to vote to give you power of veto. Shall we begin?  grin

Toy Story Trilogy? (we're using "trilogy" for correct movies like Bourne and LOTR and POTC etc and toy story too self wan feel among?)
spikedcylinder:

Inyama! tongue
I couldn't have said it better. I have not seen more than 1 minute of a single installment of TS sha . . . the thing look one kin. Lets do the departed jor.
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2010
JeSoul! You'd be beheaded in the courts antiquity o! Not up to 4 minutes between all the Toy Stories? Sigh. Toy Story is a cult thing anyway. The hyper nostalgic potion that takes an average man back forty years provided you have any semblance of a childhood. It takes me back, to nothingness, yeah, I know. I sound apologetic. This is not a good sign.
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 6:11pm On Sep 17, 2010
Toy wetin?
Please don't make me laugh abeg sad sad
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
Lol, aburo! Where've you been? Toy Story can do without you, don't worry. I seek not to make a convert of you.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2010
Is it that Nigerians (especially the adults) hate watching animated films or what?? undecided
I don't see anything wrong with putting an animated film up for review. Like I said before, any film is open for review even documentaries. cheesy

Well, the poll is still open:

The Departed - 3 votes
Toy Story trilogy - 2 votes
Re: The Movie Club by Kay17: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2010
interested in Departed. 4
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2010
As it stands;

The Departed (2006) - 4 votes
Toy Story trilogy (1995, 1999 & 2010) - 2 votes

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (96) (Reply)

Tboss Bares Her Boobs As Kemen Rinses Her Body After A Dark Bath At BBNaija / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Photo Of Thin Tall Tony And Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.