Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83927 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:00am On Oct 18, 2010
Vesc
I'll buzz you on yim when I sign in.
Drop your review ASAP. Need to compare notes

And where's erryone else?
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 11:07am On Oct 18, 2010
I'll just rate the movie. No time to review. I have an appointment to catch up with.

I'll give "The Usual Suspects" a 90% rating.

@JK
What's ur ID on Yahoo messenger?? undecided
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2010
V3 good to see you back dude  smiley

The Usual Suspects. Its been a while since I saw this movie but I'll try. JK that review is golden, geez, you record am for brain? Anyways . . .

I saw the US same as SOTL, long after it had come out and garnered acclaim so I had high expectations going in. When a movie is gangsta enough that rappers are using the characters in their rhymes, you know its serious. The story is centered around a mysterious all-powerful gangsta boss whose face no one has seen but yet he's so revered that the mere invocation of his name causes even the most hardcore criminals to pee in their pants. Like JK mentioned the story is told mostly retrospectively with the climax in the present, concluding in a not altogether shocking revelation of the who Soze really is. The story is told very well and the characters are as convincing as one could hope.

My rating may suffer a bit cos I don't remember the movie too well but from the little I recall, on a scale of: Blown away - wow! - very impressed - just okay - blah - terrible - just shoot me, for me The Usual Suspects falls squarely between "wow!" and "very impressed". I rate 88.572419%.
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2010
Dayumm ma,u stole my thunder,good to see u 2. .Havent seen 'Usual Suspects'. .stil chilling wiv d nurses&sipp'n on sum unmen. . cheesy .Vesc,can u provide a link to stream or dl? Thanks
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2010
V3!! smiley
nice to see ya!
Tell the nurses to give you a bowl of ramen. It works wonders. smiley

JeSoul
Lmao. Wasup with the need for the decimals. Lol

Obi
jimkolex2002
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 12:50am On Oct 19, 2010
[size=58pt]RAMEN!!!
[/size]
I actually salivate at the thought of it
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2010
justkunmi:

JeSoul
Lmao. Wasup with the need for the decimals. Lol
Just trying to make your averaging job a little spicier. Get used to them cos they're here to stay  cool

v3:

Dayumm ma,u stole my thunder,good to see u 2. .Havent seen 'Usual Suspects'. .stil chilling wiv d nurses&sipp'n on sum unmen. . cheesy .Vesc,can u provide a link to stream or dl? Thanks
Lol, dis boy hasn't lost a beat. We need to spike those IV's with a little stronger something  grin
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2010
Vesc Ramen is the ish!! smiley
Waitin for your review dude!

JeSoul
You.are.going.to.intentionally.make.my.job.harder, ?lol
Omg! Did I just type with fullstops?
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
justkunmi:

JeSoul
You.are.going.to.intentionally.make.my.job.harder, ?lol
Omg! Did I just type with fullstops?

I said spicier not harder cool. Are.those.full.stops.I'm.seeing? let Seun catch you grin
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 9:35pm On Oct 19, 2010
@vescucci
Is ramen delicious?? have u tasted it?  cheesy

@v3
Are you getting better now?
Re: The Movie Club by ijawgirl: 1:44am On Oct 20, 2010
Prince of Persia!
Re: The Movie Club by possible9800: 10:01am On Oct 20, 2010
Thanx, for sharing your view about movies.
Re: The Movie Club by Kay17: 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
Who is Soze?
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2010
Kay 17:

Who is Soze?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyser_S%C3%B6ze
Keyser Söze (pronounced /ˈkaɪzər ˈsoʊzeɪ/ KYE-zər SOH-zay) is a fictional character in the 1995 film The Usual Suspects, written by Christopher McQuarrie and directed by Bryan Singer. Söze is an underworld kingpin whose ruthlessness and influence have acquired a legendary, and even mythical, status among law enforcement agents and criminals alike.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ijaw_girl
Wait for your turn.

@JK
Are we done reviewing "The Usual Suspect"?

The next person on the list is Kobikwelu.
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2010
JK will skin me without anesthesia if I don't review. I've not been able to watch it again as planned. I've been royally distracted lately. I'll try my best

The Usual Suspects. One of the few films with a cult following. In retrospect there really isn't all that much to the movie but retrospection doesn't actually take us back all those years. It could have easily been my favourite movie had I seen it fresh from the kitchen in '95. The film is built around Soze, a character that makes 7foot thugs wet themselves asking for mama in a fetal position. When I saw the movie, I have to admit, unlike you guys, I was fooled completely and didn't expect the ending at all! Of course that means I enjoyed the movie more than you guys too, lol. I was even expecting Soze to unleash some of his awesome super powers! No joke! How can these guys fear someone who'd bleed like them. Of course the whole darn movie was just an excellent liar's imagination. The way he improvised on the spot using things and names in the office he was being questioned in, damn! The calm demeanor, damn! Even the cop was digging the story with rapt attention. Talk about spinning a yarn. A damn good yarn it was too. The scene in the end where Kevin Spacey changes his stride was priceless! Absolutely priceless! I wish I saw the movie again to give a more comprehensive review but . . . . . . I rate it 90%
Re: The Movie Club by Kay17: 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2010
sorry, i ought to have put quotation marks.
Re: The Movie Club by kobikwelu(m): 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ijaw_girl
Wait for your turn.

@JK
Are we done reviewing "The Usual Suspect"?

The next person on the list is Kobikwelu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WTF!!!!
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2010
Kobikwelu and Ijawgirl, you guys missed some key developments. Please see the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-262653.2176.html#msg6881302
JeSoul:

Good grief. Enough is enough. This democrazy is not working. 5 pages and counting to pick what to review? Axe that system.

Active members in here include -

V3
Vescucci
JK
Kobi
Obinna
Spiked
Kay
Jesoul

Oya, we shall take turns in that order, when its your turn you pick what to review (hopefully a good movie/actor many people have watched) and the rest of the club will go along. New posters can be added to the rotation. So V3, please start with your choice. And by the way, this suggestion order is not up for debate or vote  angry
Re: The Movie Club by ijawgirl: 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2010
Thanks for the Update :/
Re: The Movie Club by shokpeti: 1:30am On Oct 21, 2010
Is it the same usual suspect of some years back or their is a sequel?

If its the same old one, I just hate how it ended . Soze is heartless, really?

But, I have never seen such a movie with a plot as tight as this one.

Could never predict anything till the end.

Wait, it doesnt even feel like there was an end.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 2:30pm On Oct 21, 2010
Vesc
I'll accept your review cheesy
Like you said, the climax of the movie was when Kevin Spacey walked out of the police station in his wobbly strides. And the camera focused on those legs and like magic, his stride changed into a brisk walk towards a black car. And the car zoomed off! Touche!!

Yep we're done with the reviews. Except someone else adds something.

And yes I still smell trouble. But let's proceed.

Who's next?
Re: The Movie Club by kobikwelu(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2010
YEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

******riding in horse majestically and flanked by nubian babes chicks with red carpet treatment******

thanks jesoul for updating me ***comming off my horse and handing my cape to my nubian babes****

my movie for review is, (DRUMMS ROLLING AND SUSPENSE MUSIC IS ON KEY cool cool cool cool cool)

LOCK!! STOCK AND 2 SMOKING BARRELLS!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2010
Leave it to beaver kobikwelu to pick a movie I haven't seen smiley

Me I shall be watching from the audience on this one. I think this movie is a favorite of Spiked if I'm not mistaken.
Re: The Movie Club by kobikwelu(m): 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2010
^^^^^^^

low blow, but i parry it like ali in his prime cool cool cool cool

sometimes,dictatorship hurts like a hernia
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2010
kobikwelu:

sometimes,dictatorship hurts like a hernia
grin lol, we're slowly getting hints of what your tenure would look like if you were voted president of Naija grin
Re: The Movie Club by kobikwelu(m): 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2010
moving ahead

mosdef my kind of movie, one of my personal bestest movie of all time (in addition to pulp fiction, reservoir dogs)

low budget, not sponsored by any of the biggies, directed by ma guy guy ritchie

has on its list, Jason Flemyng, Dexter Fletcher, Nick Moran, Jason Statham, Steven Mackintosh!! (relative unkowns, THEN)
the movie also had sting in its cast.

an exceedingly humorous movie (i laff from beginning to end)
the movie is abt 4 friends that start their day with sooo much promise, but ends it IN debt(half a million quid) to a local crime kingpin, 
their quest for this money takes them on a whirlwind ride and in the end fate saves them, or did itconsidering the photo-ending,
its also depicts britain's east-end culture and pub life
a great great great (infinity cool movie,

my score, 95%

BTW jesoul, try this 1, i bet u, u will be wanting to payme cool cool cool
Re: The Movie Club by kobikwelu(m): 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2010
lol, we're slowly getting hints of what your tenure would look like i[b]f you were voted president of Naija[/b]

point of correction : WHEN I BECOME PRESIDENT OF NAIJA
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2010
kobikwelu:

point of correction : WHEN I BECOME PRESIDENT OF NAIJA
  grin see wahala, when? okay oh. Which parry are you part of? NAMCPAACUPP aka National Movie Critics' Political Action Association Caucus United Peoples' Parry?  grin Well, I will personally vote for you even if no one else does  kiss

kobikwelu:

moving ahead

mosdef my kind of movie, one of my personal bestest movie of all time (in addition to pulp fiction, reservoir dogs)

low budget, not sponsored by any of the biggies, directed by ma guy guy ritchie

has on its list, Jason Flemyng, Dexter Fletcher, Nick Moran, Jason Statham, Steven Mackintosh!! (relative unkowns, THEN)
the movie also had sting in its cast.

an exceedingly humorous movie (i laff from beginning to end)
the movie is abt 4 friends that start their day with sooo much promise, but ends it IN debt(half a million quid) to a local crime kingpin, 
their quest for this money takes them on a whirlwind ride and in the end fate saves them, or did itconsidering the photo-ending,
its also depicts britain's east-end culture and pub life
a great great great (infinity cool movie,

my score, 95%

BTW jesoul, try this 1, i bet u, u will be wanting to payme cool cool cool

Nice one K. You didn't wait for JK to round up The Usual Suspects self lol. I salute a man of action jare. I already talk say I go vote for you. I heard tons about this movie, wish I've seen it . . . if I find it online I may squeeze it into the schedule.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 12:14am On Oct 22, 2010
Haven't seen this movie. So I'll watch from the stands.

Kobi don't forget to feed those horses cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by Kay17: 1:58pm On Oct 22, 2010
Guy Ritchie Movie! Crazy and Different!

But I love Snatch more. Lets go for Snatch!
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:06am On Oct 25, 2010
Hey people. Wats happening here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (96) (Reply)

Tboss Bares Her Boobs As Kemen Rinses Her Body After A Dark Bath At BBNaija / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Photo Of Thin Tall Tony And Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.