Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone (28854 Views)

[opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It / 7 Reasons You Should Use Airtel Night Plan Over MTN Night Plan / 12 Reason You Really Need That New Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Kennitrust(m): 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
cry kiss undecided lipsrsealed embarassed tongue cool shocked sad angry grin[/font] cheesy wink smiley[quote][/quote][code][/code][sup][/sup][sub][/sub][email][/email][email][/email][url][/url][img][/img][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=8pt][/size]
[center][/center][right][/right][left][/left][s][/s][i][/i]man of good news
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by bonechamberlain(m): 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
k
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by olenime(m): 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
Op na ijebu man oh + guess he's an accountant too!!!!!!!!
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Toyade888(m): 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
kk
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by khalhokage(m): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
Three months is more than enough time to get tired of a phone, I'm tired and i'm going to change it.
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
InZA:
I'm on my way to get the new Gionee M5.
Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by johntaiwo123(m): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
We are in a changing world! Your phone 2 years ago is now an old model..

When there is no money we dey hear, but when there is money to get the latest phone why not get it......

Afterall Na me get my money and anything i like i go buy. I would show you my new phone very soon.
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by RitzyPrince(m): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
African's and Phone, seem like a curse, even here in U.S its African's u always see with the latest Gadgets... not as if they're even financially buoyant. some work there whole life just acquiring phones. #PATHETIC

5 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by InZA: 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
Freemanan:

Lwkmd

grin grin grin
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
na your money?
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by MadCow1: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
So how does this affect the price of the new iPhone 6s wey just land like lander brothers?
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by aikayvam: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
How about when the smartphone is damaged beyond repair?
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Agimor(m): 6:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
Op how about those like me that still uses Java phones and need an upgrade to probably androind,what advise do you have for them.
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by babyfaceafrica: 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
Nice words OP..God bless you...although the dog that will get lost will not heed to the whistle of its owner.
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by benmike2358: 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by ChiSun27(m): 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
Been using my curve 7 since 2013...have changed the battery and casing just once and that was this year.

At times...it restarts on its own....OP...don't you think I need a new BB?

Q10 things.

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by gulfer: 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
So true @OP, here in Nigeria you even name see some peeps with a N150k iPhone 6 but who rarely have up to N500 in airtime on the phone. Peeps want to just feel among the crowd and oppress their peers.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Jboynokiaphone(m): 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
Snowangel4:
Story for the gods...I need a new phone asap,dis Lumia phone dy embarrass me anyhow angry

but how lumia phone embarrass u....lumia user claim that lumia is better Dan android phone. undecided
Snowangel4:
Story for the gods...I need a new phone asap,dis Lumia phone dy embarrass me anyhow angry

but how lumia phone embarrass u....lumia user claim that lumia is better Dan android phone.
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by sparklesJ(f): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
na free??
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Lovexme(m): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
My other phone looks old now; fallen a couple of times and some features don't work anymore. Don't you think I need a new one?
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by LEXYCOM: 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Don't tell me how to spend my money......

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
he dat loves smartphones will neva b satisfied wit dem

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Gaucho(m): 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bought this HTC One Max in Dubai and I have used it really well for 16 months and because of advise like this I continue to use it until the phone switched off and hasn't woken up for 3 weeks. We don't have to wait for that to happen,if we have money to get a better phone,please don't hesitate. Now the new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, makes me go crazy right now. Common!

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by keVeeeN: 6:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
Countered undecided
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
Jboynokiaphone:

but how lumia phone embarrass u....lumia user claim that lumia is better Dan android phone. undecided

but how lumia phone embarrass u....lumia user claim that lumia is better Dan android phone.

That phone is as useless as 'p' in psychology
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by ikombe: 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
#teamNokiaE5
#teamSymbian
i dont need any new phone , so long as i can whatsapp and browse the internet . And still use #1050 for 20GB monthly .2hell with andriod phones undecided. Downloading Revolution season 1 and 2 tongue
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by flokii: 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
TOmmyJidex:
[img]http://www.vodafone.co.nz/cms/images/1375771111887/[/img]

Here are 12 reasons you think you need a new phone that are actually reasons you don’t.

1. Your ‘old’ phone is two years old
Not 4, Not 5, Two, TWO!

2. Your screen is cracked
Your phone’s not broken…your screen is. Just get the screen repaired and you’ll save several Thousands of Naira.

3. You have Some Thousands Naira to spare
You just got a bonus? A tax refund? A gift from your overly-generous grandmother? Instead of spending it on a smartphone you don’t need…Why don’t you buy a new laptop? Because a new smartphone is approximately the same price as a new laptop. Think about that for a moment.

4. You have a NEED FOR SPEED
Yes, new smartphones are faster, slimmer, and sexier. But do you really need a speedier smartphone? Why? So you can load up Clash of Clans 1.2 seconds faster? Because the last time I checked, sending a text isn’t any faster on a Samsung Galaxy S6 than it is on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

5. You’ve dropped your old phone a million times
That means it’s time for an upgrade, right? Wrong. All that means is that you’re probably going to drop your shiny new phone the second you get it.

6. You have unlimited data
If you’re one of the lucky few who still has a true unlimited data plan, you might be thinking it’s a good idea to get a new phone and take full advantage of all those gigs. But while it’s possible to switch phones and keep your unlimited plan… It’s not guaranteed. After all, Mtn really want to “accidentally” kick you off your unlimited plan.

7. You need a bigger screen
You don’t.

8. You need a smaller screen
You don’t!

9. You live in a bad neighborhood
Nothing says ‘rob me’ like a shiny new smartphone!

10. You’re running out of storage space
Try deleting all those Bathroom selfies and Videos of your Dog… or upgrading your microSD card.

11. It’s so pretty
Ohh, look, the Samsung Galaxy S6 comes in emerald! Your old phone is black, so clearly you need to upgrade ASAP. Except…you’re going to put a case on it, right? Here’s an idea: just buy a new case for your old phone and voila—it’s so pretty!

12. It just came out
New smartphones come out all the time. If you can hold off for a year, or even just six months, chances are you’ll get a much better deal on that shiny new handset (although you may want the newest model by then, in which case I can’t help you).

Source: http://www.greenbot.com/article/2985689/smartphones/12-reasons-you-really-don-t-need-that-new-phone.html

Hmmmm!...

nice piece

but as my RAM come small nko?... how shld I fix that?
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Godsate: 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
basille:
Foolish man thinking.
. He is not foolish. He is just a naughty boy. Just check his profile.
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
Im still using my htc m7,no time
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
ikombe:
#teamNokiaE5
#teamSymbian
i dont need any new phone , so long as i can whatsapp and browse the internet . And still use #1050 for 20GB monthly .2hell with andriod phones undecided. Downloading Revolution season 1 and 2 tongue

Baba abeg show me the way
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by HyDef(m): 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
Sorry to say. Points 1, 4, and 10 can jump off a cliff.

My phone will be 2 years old in January. With time, performance drops. Whether you're on an S6 or a Galaxy Note 2. My phone, a Tecno S5 has really started slowing down. It's not that I never noticed it, it's just that performance drops. Even electrical components experience wear.

I do need the speed because my phone was already low-end even when I bought it. It's lower end now. I need a new one. It takes 20 seconds to launch Opera Mini. I'm not joking. I'm not exaggerating. I have 512MB of RAM in 2015. Yes. I have to upgrade.

Storage? I have a 32GB SD card. It was one of my best purchases to date seeing as my phone comes with 4GB internal storage with only 1GB usable. Even at that, my 32GB is not enough. I have to constantly delete things. If there are phones with 64GB of internal storage AND a microSD slot, why shouldn't I upgrade?

All your other points can be said to be valid though.

This time I'm upgrading to something high-end. Then I can use my phone for more than 2 years cuz it won't get obsolete as fast. Probably 3 years. :p

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? / All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / Why You Should Always Have Airtime On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.