Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone (28855 Views)

[opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It / 7 Reasons You Should Use Airtel Night Plan Over MTN Night Plan / 12 Reason You Really Need That New Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by DorisK(f): 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
hehehehehe! Two years! !!!! Lol. I barely use one fon for a year. ...... and for the screen, some replacement take up to N20k. Com, I don't know. .... who wrote this!?!
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by SamAbims(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
And please of of you should not forget to holla @ me for your new phones at a good bargain!
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by SamAbims(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
And please all of you should not forget to holla @ me for your new phones at a good bargain!
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Kennydoc(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
Segadem:

Lol. It's even your ROM.
Anyway, it's real capacity isn't actually 145mb. I'm sure it will be up to 1gb, but only 145mb is available to you. Just like mine is 32gb, but only 26.1gb is available for my use. I'm sure your RAM will be up to 512mb.
Well, I think you need an upgrade seriously. The phone won't really be very effective for you. Imagine that I have over 6gb worth of music in my phone, and somebody's total ROM capacity is just 145mb. Kai. U won't just be enjoying the phone, honestly.

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by yakamata(m): 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
Oladimejjy:
can someone summarize those story...cos I don't understand

Haba bros. What is there to summarise

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by demsid(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
Segadem:
and u dy use simpleserver on that phone? I'm very sure u'l b restarting that simple server evrytym. It wil def stop on backgrd if ur fone is 145mb ram truly

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Segadem(m): 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
Kennydoc:

Lol. It's even your ROM.
Anyway, it's real capacity isn't actually 145mb. I'm sure it will be up to 1gb, but only 145mb is available to you. Just like mine is 32gb, but only 26.1gb is available for my use. I'm sure your RAM will be up to 512mb.
Well, I think you need an upgrade seriously. The phone won't really be very effective for you. Imagine that I have over 6gb worth of music in my phone, and somebody's total ROM capacity is just 145mb. Kai. U won't just be enjoying the phone, honestly.
The phone na waste of money,I will never buy an itel product again.

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by charismaticdave(m): 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Just as you rightly pointed out, different strokes for different folks, but have you sat down to critically think about how much you will be saving, how much you won't have saved if you can hold on to the one you have, just a while longer.

It is not a poor man's advice but a crazy man advice. but have you ever seen any successful person that was not called crazy?

parrotibaba:
@op the question everyone is angling to ask is this

"Is it your money?"

Folks hv different needs n preferences. Just because u don't want to change ur phone cos of money constraints you now expect another folk to be like u. Do u know that the cost of changing the parts of certain phones r more than the cash that will get u a brand new one? What about the folks that hv a laptop but still need to change their phone? I for one can't use a phone for more than a year n half without changing. Like someone rightly said, this is a poor man's advice.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by ChiSun27(m): 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
piagetskinner:

Chai u no get good maintenance culture.. Been using mine since 2013 and it's still in a pristine condition

Curve 7

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
There's no factuality tied to all these, just your perception! Hm... I no gree o!

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by DorisK(f): 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
hehehehehehehe! Two years?! I barely use one particular fon for a full year. ...... as for the screen, an iPhone screen replacement costs more than N20k. Why wud I manage a cracked or scratched phone. Com, who wrote this??!
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
charismaticdave:
Just as you rightly pointed out, different strokes for different folks, but have you sat down to critically think about how much you will be saving, how much you won't have saved if you can hold on to the one you have, just a while longer.

It is not a poor man's advice but a crazy man advice. but have you ever seen any successful person that was not called crazy?

If you buy a new one , you give out the old! Whatever happen to give, and it shall be given you. Good measure...
If you give a phone that good = better yield, better = best yield and best = don't ask me, just start giving!!!
I'm beginning to wonder if the author of this thread has ever given something new to someone! Hm..

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by yinkeys(m): 11:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
Yomieluv:
so true,I have never been a new gadget addict.

why change ,when the one with me is still functioning well.
Same applies to me. The thing I don't like about apple is their compulsory iOS upgrade policy, especially when you don't want to upgrade because of limited memory space & large data that'll be used up. An iphone 4 with iOS 5 can't download new and lots of old apps

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by menesheh(m): 1:21am On Sep 28, 2015
TOmmyJidex:
[img]http://www.vodafone.co.nz/cms/images/1375771111887/[/img]
8. You need a smaller screen
You don’t!

I do

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Codyt(m): 2:10am On Sep 28, 2015
TOmmyJidex:
[img]http://www.vodafone.co.nz/cms/images/1375771111887/[/img]

Here are 12 reasons you think you need a new phone that are actually reasons you don’t.

1. Your ‘old’ phone is two years old
Not 4, Not 5, Two, TWO!

2. Your screen is cracked
Your phone’s not broken…your screen is. Just get the screen repaired and you’ll save several Thousands of Naira.

3. You have Some Thousands Naira to spare
You just got a bonus? A tax refund? A gift from your overly-generous grandmother? Instead of spending it on a smartphone you don’t need…Why don’t you buy a new laptop? Because a new smartphone is approximately the same price as a new laptop. Think about that for a moment.

4. You have a NEED FOR SPEED
Yes, new smartphones are faster, slimmer, and sexier. But do you really need a speedier smartphone? Why? So you can load up Clash of Clans 1.2 seconds faster? Because the last time I checked, sending a text isn’t any faster on a Samsung Galaxy S6 than it is on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

5. You’ve dropped your old phone a million times
That means it’s time for an upgrade, right? Wrong. All that means is that you’re probably going to drop your shiny new phone the second you get it.

6. You have unlimited data
If you’re one of the lucky few who still has a true unlimited data plan, you might be thinking it’s a good idea to get a new phone and take full advantage of all those gigs. But while it’s possible to switch phones and keep your unlimited plan… It’s not guaranteed. After all, Mtn really want to “accidentally” kick you off your unlimited plan.

7. You need a bigger screen
You don’t.

8. You need a smaller screen
You don’t!

9. You live in a bad neighborhood
Nothing says ‘rob me’ like a shiny new smartphone!

10. You’re running out of storage space
Try deleting all those Bathroom selfies and Videos of your Dog… or upgrading your microSD card.

11. It’s so pretty
Ohh, look, the Samsung Galaxy S6 comes in emerald! Your old phone is black, so clearly you need to upgrade ASAP. Except…you’re going to put a case on it, right? Here’s an idea: just buy a new case for your old phone and voila—it’s so pretty!

12. It just came out
New smartphones come out all the time. If you can hold off for a year, or even just six months, chances are you’ll get a much better deal on that shiny new handset (although you may want the newest model by then, in which case I can’t help you).

Source: http://www.greenbot.com/article/2985689/smartphones/12-reasons-you-really-don-t-need-that-new-phone.html
This one is story! I change mine once every year grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Dcaliphate(m): 6:55am On Sep 28, 2015
buzquet:
poor man advice
financially unintelligent belief

3 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by me1123: 7:00am On Sep 28, 2015
What kind of gadget did you use in uploading this? Was it your pentium one desktop or your Nokia 3310? Saving a few thousands wouldn't give you the amount you need to get settled in life. There's this feeling that comes with anything new that you can't get from anything else. I would advice you keep your opinion to yourself

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 28, 2015
Yomieluv:
so true,I have never been a new gadget addict.

why change ,when the one with me is still functioning well.

I disagree on point 1 , the flooding of our markets with cheap chinko phones like injure sorry injoo, unfinished sorry infinix and other crappy phones tht have a shelf life of 60 days if your lucky theres no way you can keep phones for even 2years, its just not practical, too many people cant afford apple, blackberry, good old sony ericsonn and those classy high end phones that are bullet proof and stand the test of time.

So we are left with the option of chanfing phones every 3months, becos of the cheap rubbish thrown on us, users are so ignorant and gullible, they think its cheaper to buy new phones 4-5 times in a year, its only in nigeria this kind of thing happens. undecided

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by standing9(m): 8:47am On Sep 28, 2015
Yea, gud advice. I av a lot of things to do wit money not phone everytime.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by natznext(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2015
Passing the message wrong

Everyone here are not struggling with their finances

You should be titled it to teach SmartMoney Mantra
Upgrading from Z30 to an S6 edge plus in a few...

Larger screen size
Higher resolution (ppi)
Better Cameras (pry n Sec)
Holds up better in water
Better ba3
Better Chips
Larger ROM
Edge Display
Wireless charging
And a whole lot more

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 28, 2015
Snowangel4:

It is nt interesting as othr android phones and d phone dy hang like madt. angry
first time I will hear that a windows phone hangs wat exactly are the issues u have .by the way which windows phone is it. And which os version

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by gamyy(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2015
well u ddnt mention Os@op coz d os im usin i cnt install som apps...n yes i nid a bigger screen cos i dnt enjoy game on d tecno N3 anymo...cnt evn play d ones i love..games lag mhen...dnt u understand wat i min...i need a new phone n il get it
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by gamyy(m): 9:31am On Sep 28, 2015
kaeforum:

I disagree on point 1 , the flooding of our markets with cheap chinko phones like injure sorry injoo, unfinished sorry infinix and other crappy phones tht have a shelf life of 60 days if your lucky theres no way you can keep phones for even 2years, its just not practical, too many people cant afford apple, blackberry, good old sony ericsonn and those classy high end phones that are bullet proof and stand the test of time.

So we are left with the option of chanfing phones every 3months, becos of the cheap rubbish thrown on us, users are so ignorant and gullible, they think its cheaper to buy new phones 4-5 times in a year, its only in nigeria this kind of thing happens. undecided

bn using dz n3 for almost 3 years

3 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 28, 2015
trishguy:
first time I will hear that a windows phone hangs wat exactly are the issues u have .by the way which windows phone is it. And which os version

Lumia 530

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by kingslly(m): 9:50am On Sep 28, 2015
A very nice and sensible write up,am sticking to ma Note 3 till note 6 or 7 is out,all these phone companies think say we dey pluck money from trees grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by piagetskinner(m): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
ChiSun27:

Curve 7
Yeah... U away buy??#lol
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2015
Snowangel4:

Lumia 530
oh ..but wat are d problems u face with it
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2015
trishguy:
oh ..but wat are d problems u face with it

D phone dy hang like madt
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Baroba(m): 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
Segadem:
if u bought the good ones only,but if not sorry is the case.

That's correct, i always advice people to save up and buy a good decent phone that will give you good years of service, cheaping out and thinking you are getting a good deal means once that phone starts ageing and becomes slow, you will want to throw it out of the window..

Phones like the S4, HtC M7, LG G2, Note 3,Nexus 5 are all 2013 phones but are still very much capable in 2015..

But if you have the means and you want the latest, feel free to keep up..
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 29, 2015
gamyy:

bn using dz n3 for almost 3 years

3yrs? must be nokia n3, I was refering to the chinkos being brandished as cool phones, but if it is tecno n3, let me knw when you need spare parts cos av plenty of them falafala, grin
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by gamyy(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
kaeforum:

3yrs? must be nokia n3, I was refering to the chinkos being brandished as cool phones, but if it is tecno n3, let me knw when you need spare parts cos av plenty of them falafala, grin
omo na tecno oo...stl in gud shape wt custom rom, jst broken screen jawe, screen bn broken for more dan a year, wl get a new one by Gods grace soon
Re: 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
iskalamong:

Oya say the truth. It's because u like forming ni jor wink

smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? / All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / Why You Should Always Have Airtime On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.