Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? (17981 Views)

Why Being Shy Sucks / / Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by freeme2(m): 11:24pm On Oct 23, 2008
No matter what you say, being shy as no known advantage. I tell you from experience. The only thing that you get is the compliment that you are gentle; which may not be true. grin

I can't really tell how i came to be freer with people, not like i'm completely over it, but now i enjoy myself more around people. My gist with others are now better spiced because i give part of myself to the discussion.

I also like to encourage younger people, let them know that they can whether the storm and all that, and the only way is to talk to them. And gues what? Engaging teens in gist is one of the most daunting task, ever . They would tune of in 10secs if your gist is stale. However i've developed myself and now can practically work up to a stranger, if i feel drawn to him/her, and begin a new gist. wink

That is the beauty of life; Relationship! smiley
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by MrCrackles(m): 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2008
it could be good and could be bad!!
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by TOYOSI20(f): 2:14am On Oct 24, 2008
True smiley
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Abbygyal(f): 12:20pm On Oct 24, 2008
hmmmn i am so shy i hate it myself. To be shy online too dnt u think my own get level? cry well I'm getting over it,
to be shy is nt a good thing but i just cnt help it. smiley
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by evergreen6: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2008
Shy isnt a good thing in my book
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by lysaa(f): 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2008
Shyness is good when u are shy on doing bad things. .here it acts like a checker for u as an individual and not someone else. While its bad when u are shy on doing good things and doing what is right. .cos Lysaa says so.
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Abbygyal(f): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2008
lysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssa long time lol
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by tangent(f): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2008
being shy is good for girls but bad for blokes. i want to see confidence in my man.
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 25, 2008
her's what i learnt from a book and i hope most of u have read it.
"understand: if boldness is not natural, neither is timidity. it is an acquired habit, picked out of a desire to avoid conflict"
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Nkenim(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2008
'(why is everyone talking about shyness, am actually a shy person, but not extremely. one way of getting over it is to recognize that you are shy then work on ur weaknesses[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by minute(f): 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2008
Shy people are generally good observers.
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Kgdavid(m): 2:11am On Jan 18, 2010
its really terrible mate, it's like being an eagle in a cage. i've been there bro, i'm done with it thanks to a really fantastic book i read called the seven secrets of highly effective teenagers(u don't have to be a teenager to use this book)best of luck breaking out of your shell
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by selencious(f): 3:02am On Jan 18, 2010
Being shy is neither good nor bad, Its just an emotion that comes from within. Mi Fiance is a shy guy, and I love him for that. That was what 1st attracted me to him, I visited Nigeria, there were lotsa guys talking to me, mostly about their cars, education, music etc just to make me trip for em. But there was this guy who was quite, shy and just humble, he never said anything. Even his elder brother talked and gisted with me the whole day. I asked why he wasn't talking, one of his brothers said he is a shy guy,  He was actually the one I fell in love with, the others were kinda jealous though,  smiley smiley smiley, We've been together for more than 2yrs now, Plus, He is extra romantic,  Shy guys rock
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by alariwo(m): 12:36pm On Jan 18, 2010
we cant all be outgoing.Am a shy guy and already given up been otherwise cos i ve really tried.So i only try make it sexy, making shyness sexy.Guess what, am making new friends that way.
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Freiburger(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
Whats the other worse word for bad?
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by pritybevx: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
Not good
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by selencious(f): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
Guys out there, if you the shy kinda person, keep being shy and be urself, I bet u, most pretty gurls are attracted to shy guys, Most of friends, I mean they are dead gorgeous are mostly attracted to shy guys, They always end up dumping the fly guys, I dated a couple of outspoken guys, I mean, i ended up dumping em, they talk to much, and are mostly jumping bean. At the end, they always mess up,
During an interview with Pdidddy, micheal Jackson, beyonce, david bowie,etc;they all confessed that they are shy. But, once they are on stage, they are someone else.Shy guys mostly ends up surprising you;they do what you nver thought they could do. They mostly end up being the bravest. Its easy to get some money from them too, smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by activities: 2:04am On Jan 20, 2010
Do you know that most of the successful men and women on earth have claimed to be shy .
Do your research and find out what is the relationship between being shy and being great.
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by buzinpac: 9:15am On Jan 20, 2010
Is not good for a someone to be shy, but i have a better way out for people that are shy
this problem is common among of mens even so men find it difficult to talk to a lady ,some men don't even know how to start and what to say .but kindly visit this site for help.

realgirlsforyou..com.
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Youngpo413: 2:55am On Apr 17, 2012
Having self confidence is the best,being shy is really absurd nowadays,lol,as if im bold,poor me.
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Riskymallam: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
Its neither black nor white, though being shy to an extent can limit your reach.

On the other hand some people thrive on their own, with just a little outside influence.

Some teenagers were abused as kids, Shouted down and stopped from expressing or airing an opinion they've got.

Many of them grew up thinking their thoughts doesn't matter, while it does. In other words, low self-esteem.
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2012
shy babes sabi yansh wella cheesy
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
lefulefu: shy babes sabi yansh wella cheesy

wink wink wink perhaps...
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 18, 2012
I was a very shy teenager. I still av got some traits of shyness in me. But then my work the pple av met and other experiences have made me a much better person. I guess being shy only becomes a prob when it's stops u from doing things u want. Right now I still consider myself a shy person....But when I need to talk I talk. Besides I prefer meeting pple individually than in a group. So when I meet pple in a group I might jst watch them talk. But individually I cn rily speak a lot. I actually enjoy observing pple talk cos I cn guess the kind of person they r in few minutes by their body. Language and speech. But if u want to get me... U must rily try ooo...Which makes me mysterious and girls are always eyeing me...lol
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2012
It has its +s and -s.
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by lepasharon(f): 10:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
Its a terrible thing,shyness is actually a form of pride.Check it out
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 01, 2012
Trooper: Your opinions please folks !

see question.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Rajosh(m): 7:19am On Dec 01, 2012
vexxy: Hum. Bad thing!

Just my opinion but I think it's a bad thing. It can hold you back from meeting wonderful people and taking advantage of great opportuities.

I used to be terribly shy. Now, I've gotten a lot better.
how did you do it.i'm shy and i'm not happy with myself about it.i realy need help

1 Like

Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 01, 2012
Rajosh: how did you do it.i'm shy and i'm not happy with myself about it.i realy need help
Guy, dont let anyone make you feel insufficient about yourself.
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by DRPYGRU: 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
L
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
being shy deprives you of many things, you won't be able to convince yourself on most things, I am a victim up till now, dunno its like a curse, looking out for good tips to overcome it, if you are willing to help. will be very glad, am just FED up!
Re: Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? by Juxtathinka: 10:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
Shyness is bad because of the fears and shame that drag the person down. It is like bondage; you cannot say the things you want to say or do what you want to do because of the fear of what other people will say or do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet The Lagos Girl Who Act P*rnography For A Living (photos) / Slay Queen In USA And Slay Queen In Nigeria. Pics Added / Hard Facts Of Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.