Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims (10833 Views)

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 / Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims / An Honest Survey For Muslims. Take Your Time To Think And Then Respond. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
Say ye: “We believe in Allah, and
the revelation given to us, and to
Abraham, Isma’il, Isaac, Jacob,
and the Tribes, and that given to
Moses and Jesus, and that given to
(all) prophets from their Lord: We
make no difference between one
and another of them: And we bow
to Allah (in Islam).” Qur’an 2:136.

What was the revelations given to Ishmael that qualified him to be a prophet?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
Yes he waz.
theres a diff btwn nabiy and rasul.
nabiy from ,'naba'i ' means news, while rasul from ,' risalah' means message.
nabiy is d prophet sent to inform people of the word of God, while rasul means a messenger sent with a message I.e revelation e.g. revealed books.
some of the prophets are both nabiys and rasul while some are only nabiy.
so ismail/ishmeal was a nabiy(prophet) of God in that he was sent ro proclaim d word of God

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Annunaki(m): 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
I don't know why you bother yourself with these retaards, the quoran is full of contradictions and most muslims know trhis though they have been programmed to ignore this fact. Let them kontinu to wallow in their ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 7:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
enieme:
Yes he waz.
nabiy is d prophet sent to inform people of the word of God, while rasul means a messenger sent with a message I.e revelation e.g. revealed books.
so ismail/ishmeal was a nabiy(prophet) of God in that he was sent ro proclaim d word of God

Thanks.

Where was it said he proclaimed the word of God?

To whom?

Where can we find his messages of proclamation of God's words?

4 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
Annunaki:
I don't know why you bother yourself with these retaards, the quoran is full of contradictions and most muslims know trhis though they have been programmed to ignore this fact. Let them kontinu to wallow in their ignorance.

Thank you bro.

When a lie is repeated many times there is a high tendency for people to take it for truth.

I believe we should keep repeating the real truth for repeated lie not to take over.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
grin grin
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by tartar9(m): 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
seems like you spend more time with the Holy Qur'an than your bible
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2015
truthman2012:

Thanks.

Where was it said he proclaimed the word of God?

To whom?

Where can we find his messages of proclamation of God's words?
in the Quran and d previousrevealed books
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
tartar9:
seems like you spend more time with the Holy Qur'an than your bible

Is that the answer to the OP?

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
enieme:
in the Quran and d previousrevealed books
Let me have your references please.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
truthman2012:

Let me have your references please.
but those r d refrences i ady gave?
Whats it about disparticar prophet that Makes u doubt?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
enieme:

but those r d refrences i ady gave?
Whats it about disparticar prophet that Makes u doubt?

You see, because of my experience on the quran, I discovered many things Muhammad claimed allah revealed to him are unfounded. I have some examples I can cite.

The bible says he was a hunter and archer and not a prophet. Which is telling the truth, bible or quran? This is the reason I want to know how he was a prophet and the revelations given him according to the quran.

So help fish out the revelations given him and to who.

5 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
Demmzy15:
grin grin
Caught in the corner as usual.
Don't remain deceived.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
truthman2012:

You see, because of my experience on the quran, I discovered many things Muhammad claimed allah revealed to him are unfounded. I have some examples I can cite.

The bible says he was a hunter and archer and not a prophet. Which is telling the truth, bible or quran? This is the reason I want to know how he was a prophet and the revelations given him according to the quran.

So help fish out the revelations given him and to who.
i wonder if ud be willing to provide me those refernces the biblw provided u about them then?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by mubarakopeyemi(m): 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
grin someone's in dire need of a job cry
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Medicis(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
If not for the Bible, Muslims cannot even tell you about the genelogy of their so called prophet Ishmeal. The quran will be an incomplete thrash without the Bible and their hadith

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
enieme:

i wonder if ud be willing to provide me those refernces the biblw provided u about them then?

God was with the boy (Ishmael) as he grew
up. He lived in the desert and
became an ARCHER (Gen. 21:20).

2 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
Medicis:
If not for the Bible, Muslims cannot even tell you about the genelogy of their so called prophet Ishmeal. The quran will be an incomplete thrash without the Bible and their hadith

Right.

3 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
enieme:

trash, ishmael was not a prophet.

Genesis 16:12
He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his
hand against everyone and everyone's
hand against him, and he shall dwell
over against all his kinsmen.”

3 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:
grin someone's in dire need of a job cry

What point are you making here?

Smh!!!

2 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
trash, ishmael was not a prophet.

Genesis 16:12
He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his
hand against everyone and everyone's
hand against him, and he shall dwell
over against all his kinsmen.”

Good bro.

How can a prophet have the attributes mentioned in that biblical verse?

- A wild donkey

- His hand AGAINST everyone and everyone hand AGAINST him

- He shall dwell over AGAINST his kinsmen. Is this not the reason the Devil raised one of his descendants, Muhammad against the Jews and Christian?

4 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by mubarakopeyemi(m): 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
truthman2012:

What point are you making here?

Smh!!!

Figure it wink
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
truthman2012:

Caught in the corner as usual.

Don't remain deceived.
grin grin
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by tartar9(m): 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
truthman2012:

Is that the answer to the OP?
haven't you been answered already
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by tartar9(m): 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
Medicis:
idiot! no Muslim uses the bible.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by tartar9(m): 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
truthman2012:

Good bro.

How can a prophet have the attributes mentioned in that biblical verse?

- A wild donkey

- His hand AGAINST everyone and everyone hand AGAINST him

- He shall dwell over AGAINST his kinsmen. Is this not the reason the Devil raised one of his descendants, Muhammad against the Jews and Christian?
interestingly those verses perfectly fits most of yoir biblical prophets they are even worse than those description,Isaac himself was guilty of injustice.can you mention any single event about Ishmael's(AS) life to support your Jewish claims.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by thorpido(m): 6:53am On Sep 28, 2015
tartar9:
idiot! no Muslim uses the bible.
Liar.How come you muslims are always quoting the bible to claim that the Comforter the bible spoke about was Muhammed?

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 7:05am On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:
Yes he waz.

EOD cool

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 7:08am On Sep 28, 2015
tartar9:
interestingly those verses perfectly fits most of yoir biblical prophets they are even worse than those description,Isaac himself was guilty of injustice.can you mention any single event about Ishmael's(AS) life to support your Jewish claims.
christian don't even see Isaac as a prophet. God say the boy (ishmael) hand will be against everyone, and everybody own against his own. This is not how God want everyone to notice his prophet.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 7:28am On Sep 28, 2015
All prophet came through the line of Abraham and Isaac , both the quran and bible did not mention ishmael in the prophetic race when it matter the most.

If Ishmael rather than Isaac was chosen
or included in the origin of the prophets, why was there only one alleged prophet from the line of Ishmael? Guess who that lone prophet was? Yes, it was Muhammad – a non-Israelite. The rest –Moses, Samuel, Nathan, Elijah, Elisha,Hosea, Amos, Isaiah, Jonah, Joel, Jesus and many others, were all Israelites. All these prophets were descendents of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob just as it is sworn in Surah 29:27. Why did all these prophets come from the line of Isaac, with the exception of Muhammad who descended from Ishmael? Why was Ishmael’s name left out at the most significant moment when the Qur’an revealed the lineage of the prophethood? Did not Allah know that
his greatest prophet would be born
through the lineage of Ishmael?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
[b] christian don't even see Isaac as a prophet. God say the boy (ishmael) hand will be against everyone, and everybody own against his own. This is not how God want everyone to notice his prophet.

Christian don't see Isaac as a prophet according to you, judaism tho' see him a prophet. Issorite!

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 7:36am On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Christian don't see Isaac as a prophet according to you, judaism tho' see him a prophet. Issorite!
malvisguy212:
All prophet came through the line of Abraham and Isaac , both the quran and bible did not mention ishmael in the prophetic race when it matter the most.
If Ishmael rather than Isaac was chosen
or included in the origin of the prophets, why was there only one alleged prophet from the line of Ishmael? Guess who that lone prophet was? Yes, it was Muhammad – a non-Israelite. The rest –Moses, Samuel, Nathan, Elijah, Elisha,Hosea, Amos, Isaiah, Jonah, Joel, Jesus and many others, were all Israelites. All these prophets were descendents of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob just as it is sworn in Surah 29:27. Why did all these prophets come from the line of Isaac, with the exception of Muhammad who descended from Ishmael? Why was Ishmael’s name left out at the most significant moment when the Qur’an revealed the lineage of the prophethood? Did not Allah know that
his greatest prophet would be born
through the lineage of Ishmael?
Rilwon:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Ramadan Prayer Timetable / Beware Of What Causes Behavioral Problems In Children / The Taste Of The Pudding Is In The Eating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.