Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,393 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims (10796 Views)

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 / Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims / An Honest Survey For Muslims. Take Your Time To Think And Then Respond. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
basilico:

Did Arabs even come from the lineage of Ishmael?
No. Never.
Typical Muslim inserting themselves in the bible.
Biblically Ismael married an Egyptian.
Christianity and Judaism never recognised Ismael as a prophet in the first case
Let alone Ishmael receiving revelations from Allah.
Abraham never travelled to Mecca 900 miles away from Jerusalem.

its obvious u guys arent trying to conduct ur debate sebsibly. So i wobt be replying cos i dont want to argue heatedly. ny religion discourages that
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:
This is another thread that will keep hunting Rilwon, tartar Demzy, Empiree, tbaba, vexdaxcool, lanrexlan and a host of others.

Never knew you are now a hunter grin grin creating threads that will hunt people..LWKM

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Simple question u no answer undecided

[size=20pt] WHO IS A PROPHET? [/size]
u better not let dem dash u high bp from theirs. I also thought they were trying to learn at first but turns out they only meant trouble in the first instance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

u better not let dem dash u high bp from theirs. I also thought they were trying to learn at first but turns out they only meant trouble in the first instance

loooool.. grin grin both the old jobless man (lieman) and his illiterat friend (malvis) are my shildren grin I can't just abandon them like that.

You've done your best bro, leave them to wallow in their ignorance smiley
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

loooool.. grin grin both the old jobless man (lieman) and his illiterat friend (malvis) are my shildren grin I can't just abandon them like that.

im not a bro o.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 5:14pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

im not a bro o.

shocked shocked I'm very sorry o my sister. I used to think that every member without the (f) notification on their moniker is a bro o. I am sorry, you hear. Thank you. smiley
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

shocked shocked I'm very sorry o my sister. I used to think that every member without the (f) notification on their moniker is a bro o. I am sorry, you hear. Thank you. smiley
hehe , no probs.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
dp
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

The revelation given to him is the same as the one given to all other prophets i.e to belief in God as one and not to associate partners with him. His revelation was directed to his people as at his time. you grab? smiley

Na wa for you o!

So merely telling his own family not to associate partners with allahh is a REVELATION?

Which people of his time did he tell not to associate partners except his own family and relatives as we see here:

And he used to enjoin on his family and his people As-Salat (the prayers) and the Zakat, and his Lord was pleased with him."Quran 19:55

So as you tell your family not to associate partners with allahh is a revelation allahh sent to you? It means every muslim is a prophet provided they tell their family not to associate partners with allahh.

Allah spoke to Abraham as a prophet.

He spoke directly to Moses as a prophet.

He spoke to Muhammad as his prophet.

What I am asking is: where did he speak specifically to Ishmael as a prophet, what was the message and to which people? Please attack proof.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Never knew you are now a hunter grin grin creating threads that will hunt people..LWKM

I am a hunter of the Devil wanting to snatch his captives. So am indirectly hunting you muslim (satan's captives) to snatch you from his severe claws.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

Which trouble?

Tell us where we can find revelations allahh said he gave to Ishmael means trouble because the claim is a lie?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Nonsense!

When I post am jobless. When I didn't have time to post I went to hideout. You must be out of your mind.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Na wa for you o! So merely telling his own family not to associate partners with allahh is a REVELATION?

Yes, Moses and Jesus was sent with the same message. Read Deut 6:4 and Mark 12: 29 cool

Which people of his time did he tell not to associate partners except his own family and relatives as we see here:And he used to enjoin on his family and his people As-Salat (the prayers) and the Zakat, and his Lord was pleased with him."Quran 19:55

Thank you for providing the verse, the bolded tells it all. smiley

So as you tell your family not to associate partners with allahh is a revelation allahh sent to you?
It means every muslim is a prophet provided they tell their family not to associate partners with allahh.

Yes, if my family were not aware of the beautiful message before, and i happened to received the message from God through revelation to enlighten them about who God is; is no doubt a revelation. That exactly is the case of Ismael.

Allah spoke to Abraham as a prophet.
He spoke directly to Moses as a prophet.
He spoke to Muhammad as his prophet.

The question you should be asking is that, what was the bone of contention i.e. the most important message he spoke and expected them to carry out.

What I am asking is: where did he speak specifically to Ishmael as a prophet, what was the message and to which people? Please attack proof.

This question doesn't make sense. Try again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

I am a hunter of the Devil wanting to snatch his captives. So am indirectly hunting you muslim (satan's captives) to snatch you from his severe claws.

lool. You made a mistake. Satan and his agents cant come near me. He can only come to the church by dividing them into 440000sects.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 6:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Nonsense!

When I post am jobless. When I didn't have time to post I went to hideout. You must be out of your mind.

When you post you are not jobless. But when you post simulteneously on monday which is the first week of resumption after 4days holiday, makes me feel you don't have a job. Because if you see how people are trooping in mass to their workplace this morning.. dayummmn! you as an oldman will even be ashamed to sit at home.

Do you really have a job?? undecided
I'll like to know sir smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 6:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Which trouble?

Tell us where we can find revelations allahh said he gave to Ishmael means trouble because the claim is a lie?

The revelation is everywhere. Believe in God and associate no partner with him. fàkatì cool
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

When you post you are no jobless. But when you post simulteneously on monday - the first week of resumption after 4days holiday, makes me feel you don't have a job. Because if you see how people are trooping in mass to their workplace this morning.. dayummmn! you as an oldman will even be ashamed to sit at home.

Do you really have a job?? undecided
I'll like to know sir smiley

So old men also join trooping to workplace? Seriously, you are out of your mind.

Those who work hard in their old age are those who played when they were youths.

Should I pray for you that you will have reason to work hard till your old age when you are supposed to be resting?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

So old men also join trooping to workplace? Seriously, you are out of your mind.

Those who work hard in their old age are those who played when they were youths.

Should I pray for you that you will have reason to work hard till your old age when you are supposed to be resting?

Well, the President is 72 years old. And if he had happened to be in Nigeria today, he would've joined the trooping to his office in Aso rock. cool

Are you older than him?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Yes, Moses and Jesus was sent with the same message. Read Deut 6:4 and Mark 12: 29 cool

Thank you for providing the verse, the bolded tells it all. smiley

Yes, if my family were not aware of the beautiful message before, and i happened to received the message from God through revelation to enlighten them about who God is; is no doubt a revelation. That exactly is the case of Ismael.

The question you should be asking is that, what was the bone of contention i.e. the most important message he spoke and expected them to carry out.

This question doesn't make sense. Try again.

Allah claimed he spoke to Abraham and we have many verses to turn to.

He claimed he spoke to Moses, there are many references.

You claim he spoke to Muhammad, the whole quran is clear on that.

Where did he speak to Ishmael as a prophet? Nowhere!!!

Allahh is a liar, Ishmael did not receive any revelations as claimed by him.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Well, the President is 72 years old. And if he had happened to be in Nigeria today, he would've joined the trooping to his office in Aso rock. cool

Are you older than him?

Do you know the meaning of the word ''trooping''?

Does a president troop to office?

I wonder what will become of you brain when you are a little older. No wonder your defences do not tally with good reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 7:14pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Allah claimed he spoke to Abraham and we have many verses to turn to.

Wow! so you can turn to verses to substantiate Abraham but you cant do the same for Ismael? Thought pu quoted Quran 19:55 the other time?
What revelation did Abraham receive?

He claimed he spoke to Moses, there are many references. You claim he spoke to Muhammad, the whole quran is clear on that.

Issorite!

Where did he speak to Ishmael as a prophet? Nowhere!!!

I don't get you here. You don't expect the record of where God spoke to every prophet sent by him. You've already been shown that thousands of prohet was sent by him, where he spoke to them is not the bone of contention if not the message spoken to them. Quran 19:55 as you rightly quoted the other time attest to the fact that he delivered God's message to his fsmily and his people. What nonsense are you asking me again

Allahh is a liar, Ishmael did not receive any revelations as claimed by him.

Please define the word 'REVELATION'..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Do you know the meaning of the word ''trooping''?
Does a president troop to office?

intr.v. trooped, troop·ing ,
To move or go as a group or in large numbers: .

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/trooping

The President doesn't go all alone to his office, does he?

I wonder what will become of you brain when you are a little older. No wonder your defences do not tally with good reasoning.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

intr.v. trooped, troop·ing ,
To move or go as a group or in large numbers: .

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/trooping

The President doesn't go all alone to his office, does he?
grin grin

The president goes in a convoy of cars to office and not as a troop. Trooping mean moving on legs. Understand?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Wow! so you can turn to verses to substantiate Abraham but you cant do the same for Ismael? Thought pu quoted Quran 19:55 the other time?
What revelation did Abraham receive?

Issorite!

I don't get you here. You don't expect the record of where God spoke to every prophet sent by him. You've already been shown that thousands of prohet was sent by him, where he spoke to them is not the bone of contention if not the message spoken to them. Quran 19:55 as you rightly quoted the other time attest to the fact that he delivered God's message to his fsmily and his people. What nonsense are you asking me again

Please define the word 'REVELATION'..

Okay, I now understand your problem. You do not know what revelation is.

Revelation means God talking to man audibly or by dream or by inspiration, just as Muhammad heard Gabriel speak to him.

When and where did that happen to Ishmael and what was the message?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by jcross19: 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2015
I laugh in arabian ahhahhahhah no any reasonable answers from islamic scholars on board well they cant get the answer when allah cant even get straight answer but confuse. Allah you are confused .

2 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Okay, I now understand your problem. You do not know what revelation is.

I know what it means.. But wait, why didnt you address the other post?

Kindly refer back to the post please..

Revelation means God talking to man audibly or by dream or by inspiration, just as Muhammad heard Gabriel speak to him.

I have been repeating my explanation to you repeated question. Please dont let enieme mock me. She already warned me that you will waste my time, but being the fact that you are my child grin grin grin I am not ready to leave you just like that.

rev- e- la- tion
[rev- uh -ley -sh uh n]
noun
the act of revealing or disclosing; disclosure. something revealed or disclosed, especially a striking disclosure, as of something not before realized.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/revelation

In other words, God revealed many disclosure that are not before realized to people that are not even Prophets.

When and where did that happen to Ishmael and what was the message?

When it happened is best known to God. Where it happened is not the bone of contention.. The bone of contention is what the message was which is to believe in God and not to have partners beside him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2015
jcross19:
I laugh in arabian ahhahhahhah no any reasonable answers from islamic scholars on board well they cant get the answer when allah cant even get straight answer but confuse. Allah you are confused .

grin grin 2 Chronicles 13:22 And the rest of the acts of Abijah, and his ways, and his sayings, are written in the story of the prophet Iddo.

Can you tell us where the story Prophet Iddo is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

I know what it means.. But wait, why didnt you address the other post?

Kindly refer back to the post please..

I have been repeating my explanation to you repeated question. Please dont let enieme mock me. She already warned me that you will waste my time, but being the fact that you are my child grin grin grin I am not ready to leave you just like that.

rev- e- la- tion
[rev- uh -ley -sh uh n]
noun
the act of revealing or disclosing; disclosure. something revealed or disclosed, especially a striking disclosure, as of something not before realized.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/revelation

In other words, God revealed many disclosure that are not before realized to people that are not even Prophets.

When it happened is best known to God. Where it happened is not the bone of contention.. The bone of contention is what the message was which is to believe in God and not to have partners beside him.
i dont think ill be disappointed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:
i dont think ill be disappointed.
Alright ma'am.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
jcross19:
[s]I laugh in arabian ahhahhahhah no any reasonable answers from islamic scholars on board well they cant get the answer when allah cant even get straight answer but confuse. Allah you are confused .[/s]
Gerrout jor illiterate boy! Better go and cure your leprosy! angry
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Alright ma'am.
althogh id advise that u do less of argeing as u may sometimes make insulting posts or touch controversial areas that may even refer backbto d religion u profess.
example is ur thread on a "suya loving God".
the purpose is to argue with reason nd hope to change view, not to insult, hate or show flawsvs one'superiority

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad (allah's Peace & Blessings Be Upon Him) Is Light / Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? / Caution Muslims! The Prayers Are Meant To Be Observed Within Its Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.