Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,638 members, 7,816,622 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims (10801 Views)

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 / Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims / An Honest Survey For Muslims. Take Your Time To Think And Then Respond. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 7:49am On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
All prophet came through the line of Abraham and Isaac , both the quran and bible did not mention ishmael in the prophetic race when it matter the most. If Ishmael rather than Isaac was chosen
or included in the origin of the prophets, why was there only one alleged prophet from the line of Ishmael? Guess who that lone prophet was? Yes, it was Muhammad – a non-Israelite. The rest –Moses, Samuel, Nathan, Elijah, Elisha,Hosea, Amos, Isaiah, Jonah, Joel, Jesus and many others, were all Israelites. All these prophets were descendents of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob just as it is sworn in Surah 29:27. Why did all these prophets come from the line of Isaac, with the exception of Muhammad who descended from Ishmael? Why was Ishmael’s name left out at the most significant moment when the Qur’an revealed the lineage of the prophethood? Did not Allah know that his greatest prophet would be born through the lineage of Ishmael?

Ignoramus clown. You said Isaac is not a prophet, do you still maintain that stance?

Now, before addressing your post, can you please tell me who a prophet is?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 8:38am On Sep 28, 2015
Hello everyone.

Allah has been caught lying as usual. He said he gave revelations to Ishmael which are nowhere to be found.

Notice that this is not the first time he would lie. Let me here compile the various lies told by al-lliar (allah) the muslims' god:

1. He said he gave Ishmael revelations, which we have discovered it is a lie as such revelations are non-existent.

2. He said people before Muhammad married the wives of their adopted sons, which was a lie he told the Arabians so that Muhammad's disgusting act of marrying Zainab, the wife of Zaid, his adopted son would be acceptable to the people.

3. When Muhammad received revelations from satan (allahh pretending not to be one, pure manipulations), he said Muhammad was not at fault as prophets before him did the same. I have found it was a lie by allahh as no prophets received revelations from satan like Muhammad.

4. He said there is no single contradiction in the quran, whereas there are loads of them.

All these have been put to muslims for defence but none of them could say anything. More are still on the way. I will keep posting quranic lies as soon as I discover them.

I think the fault is not allahh's, it is the fault of the muslims as he has owned up to being a DECEIVER. Why would anybody follow or believe a deceiver? The bible says ''test all spirits whether they are of God''.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 9:04am On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Ignoramus clown. You said Isaac is not a prophet, do you still maintain that stance?

Now, before addressing your post, can you please tell me who a prophet is?
nonsense!! The lineage of prophethood was to come from Isaac. The quran say all prophet were send to every nation , if Abraham was sent to the Jews of his time then to which people Isaac was sent to ?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by adullam210: 9:14am On Sep 28, 2015
tartar9:
idiot! no Muslim uses the bible.
big lie!
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 9:17am On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:
Hello everyone.

Allah has been caught lying as usual. He said he gave revelations to Ishmael which are nowhere to be found.

Notice that this is not the first time he would lie. Let me here compile the various lies told by al-lliar (allah) the muslims' god:

1. He said he gave Ishmael revelations, which we have discovered it is a lie as such revelations are non-existent.

2. He said people before Muhammad married the wives of their adopted sons, which was a lie he told the Arabians so that Muhammad's disgusting act of marrying Zainab, the wife of Zaid, his adopted son would be acceptable to the people.

3. When Muhammad received revelations from satan (allahh pretending not to be one, pure manipulations), he said Muhammad was not at fault as prophets before him did the same. I have found it was a lie by allahh as no prophets received revelations from satan like Muhammad.

4. He said there is no single contradiction in the quran, whereas there are loads of them.

All these have been put to muslims for defence but none of them could say anything. More are still on the way. I will keep posting quranic lies as soon as I discover them.

I think the fault is not allahh's, it is the fault of the muslims as he has owned up to be a DECEIVER. Why would anybody follow or believe a deceiver? The bible says ''test all spirits whether are of God''.
I love this, the muslims have been deceive into believing a false deity.

Any sane human being will know , Allah is the devil in disguise, take a look at this verse :

Surah 25:54: It is He Who has created
man from water: then has He
established relationships of LINEAGE AND MARRIAGE: for thy Lord has power
over all things. (Yusuf Ali)

Is this not in'cense in the quran ? This verse give the muslims men to marry from his lineage.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:22am On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon, tartar and others:

Do you now agree allahh is a lying idol?

Can the true God lie?

It is up to guys to surrender your life to Jesus, whose name is the TRUTH (John 14:6).

You are taking a high eternal risk by worshiping a false god.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:

Any sane human being will know , Allah is the devil in disguise, take a look at this verse :

Is this not in'cense in the quran ? This verse give the muslims men to marry from his lineage.

Good.

Any immoral acts are possible in islam. It is the Devil's device to make man sin against God, yet making them to believe they are on the right path.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Medicis(m): 9:32am On Sep 28, 2015
tartar9:
idiot! no Muslim uses the bible.
**Laughs** then kindly show me from your quran alone where I can find the name of the son Abraham wanted to use for the sacrifice and the name of the animal used for the sacrifice. NOTE: Don't use my Bible ooo.... And don't use that your fake hadith.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 9:35am On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Good.

Any immoral acts are possible in islam. It is the Devil's device to make man sin against God, yet making them to believe they are on the right path.
Surah 4:88: “Would you like to
guide him whom Allah has led into
error? And whomever Allah leads
into error , then you will never find
for him a way.” – Al-Qur’an

One thing we can say here is , the unbelievers are forever condemned , he cannot find his way "THEN YOU WILL NEVER FIND FOR HIM A WAY.”
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by sorextee(m): 9:51am On Sep 28, 2015
I heard it was Ishmael and his father, that built that black monument in mecca.. how true is that?
I also heard prophet Mohammed split the moon, with his index finger.. I want the Muslims in d house to shed more light..
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 10:04am On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
Surah 4:88: “Would you like to
guide him whom Allah has led into
error? And whomever Allah leads
into error , then you will never find
for him a way.” – Al-Qur’an

One thing we can say here is , the unbelievers are forever condemned , he cannot find his way "THEN YOU WILL NEVER FIND FOR HIM A WAY.”

This quote from the quran further confirms allahh is satan in disguise. Why would God lead people to error and still punish them for it?

But God demonstrates His own
love toward us, in that while we
were yet sinners, Christ died for
us (Romans 5:cool.

While allahh hates unbelievers, Jesus loves them and died for them. The truth is Muhammad did not represent the true God.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by rabzy01: 10:36am On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:

If only you read your bible, you will not make this comment. The bible contains both plain ince-nse and 100% hardcore P0n0grahy. Have you ever read these in the bible?

1- Daughters slept with their father
"And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. – Bible : Genesis (19) : 33 – 36.

2- Brother slept with his brother's wife
"And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother’s wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother’s wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. – Bible : Genesis (38) : 8 – 9.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 11:03am On Sep 28, 2015
rabzy01:

If only you read your bible, you will not make this comment. The bible contains both plain ince-nse and 100% hardcore P0n0grahy. Have you ever read these in the bible?

"And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. – Bible : Genesis (19) : 33 – 36.

"And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother’s wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother’s wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. – Bible : Genesis (38) : 8 – 9.

What you failed to realize is that the bible always says the truth. It didn't cover anyone who perpetrated evil. But those people who did evil in the bible, was it Yahweh who was responsible for their deed?

On this thread we are talking about what the god of islam said (not what an individual did or said).

Back to the topic, can you give us the revelations allahh said he gave to Ishmael to save him from being tagged a liar?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Intrepid01(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2015
Chaii see people (both Christian and Muslims) trying to take God's position.

I am right, he is wrong syndrome. Just like Barca my team is the best not Real Madrid your team kind of discussion.

Human beings are so gullible and foolish to understand the power of choice that underlie humanity and existence.
Its either you take mine or you are wrong. They both accuse each other of what they are guilty of.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2015
Intrepid01:
Chaii see people (both Christian and Muslims) trying to take God's position.

I am right, he is wrong syndrome. Just like Barca my team is the best not Real Madrid your team kind of discussion.

Human beings are so gullible and foolish to understand the power of choice that underlie humanity and existence.
Its either you take mine or you are wrong. They both accuse each other of what they are guilty of.

What is all this?

Remember this topic is Simple Question for Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

God was with the boy (Ishmael) as he grew
up. He lived in the desert and
became an ARCHER (Gen. 21:20).
truthman2012:

truthman2012:

malvisguy212:
trash, ishmael was not a prophet.

Genesis 16:12
He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his
hand against everyone and everyone's
hand against him, and he shall dwell
over against all his kinsmen.”

surah maryam quran 19, verses 54-55:

"54. And mention in the Book (the Qur'an) Isma'il (Ishmael). Verily! He was true to what he promised, and he was a Messenger, (and) a Prophet.
55. And he used to enjoin on his family and his people As-Salat (the prayers) and the Zakat, and his Lord was pleased with him."
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by tartar9(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2015
Medicis:
**Laughs** then kindly show me from your quran alone where I can find the name of the son Abraham wanted to use for the sacrifice and the name of the animal used for the sacrifice. NOTE: Don't use my Bible ooo.... And don't use that your fake hadith.
you've already seen your defeat.why shouldn't I use the hadith.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

surah maryam quran 19, verses 54-55:

"54. And mention in the Book (the Qur'an) Isma'il (Ishmael). Verily! He was true to what he promised, and he was a Messenger, (and) a Prophet.
55. And he used to enjoin on his family and his people As-Salat (the prayers) and the Zakat, and his Lord was pleased with him."

Yes, that the quran calls him a prophet is not in dispute.

The bible calls him an archer and the quran calls him a prophet who was given REVELATIONS. The question is: what were the revelations given to him and where can we find them.

That he used to enjoin his family As-Salat was not a revelation. Every true muslim does that and does not amount to receiving revelation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
tartar9:
you've already seen your defeat.why shouldn't I use the hadith.

If someone else uses hadith you will say it is fabricated but if you use it, it is authentic. That is hypocrisy and double standard.

3 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by tartar9(m): 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

[s]If someone else uses hadith you will say it is fabricated but if you use it, it is authentic. That is hypocrisy and double standard.[/s]
there are both authentic and fabricated hadiths for your argument to be even considered simply use the authentic one's,simple!
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
tartar9:
there are both authentic and fabricated hadiths for your argument to be even considered simply use the authentic one's,simple!

Okay. Can you find for us the revelations allahh gave to Ishmael or is the quran lying?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2015
rabzy01:

nonsense!!! The daughters of Noah were acting contrary to the word of God, the bible is very clear on in*cense. Please read the following
divine commandments in the Holy Bible:

Leviticus 18:20: “Do not have sexual
relations with your neighbor’s wife
and defile yourself with her.”

1 Corinthians 6:9-10: Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who have sex with men, nor thieves,nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom.

Leviticus 18:6-18: “No-one is to
approach any close relative to have
sexual relations. I am Jehovah. 7
‘Do not dishonour your father by
having sexual relations with your
mother. She is your mother; do not
have relations with her. 8 ‘Do not
have sexual relations with your
father’s wife; that would dishonour
your father. 9 ‘Do not have sexual
relations with your sister, either your
father’s daughter or your mother’s
daughter, whether she was born in
the same home or elsewhere. 10 ‘Do
not have sexual relations with your
son’s daughter or your daughter’s
daughter; that would dishonour you.
11 ‘Do not have sexual relations with
the daughter of your father’s wife,
born to your father; she is your sister.
12 ‘Do not have sexual relations with
your father’s sister; she is your
father’s close relative. 13 ‘Do not have
sexual relations with your mother’s
sister, because she is your mother’s
close relative. 14 ‘Do not dishonour
your father’s brother by approaching
his wife to have sexual relations; she
is your aunt. 15 ‘Do not have sexual
relations with your daughter-in-law.
She is your son’s wife; do not have
relations with her. 16 ‘Do not have
sexual relations with your brother’s
wife; that would dishonour your
brother. 17 ‘Do not have sexual
relations with both a woman and
her daughter. Do not have sexual
relations with either her son’s
daughter or her daughter’s daughter;
they are her close relatives. That is
wickedness. 18 ‘Do not take your
wife’s sister as a rival wife and have
sexual relations with her while your
wife is living.”

2 Likes

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Yes, that the quran calls him a prophet is not in dispute.

The bible calls him an archer and the quran calls him a prophet who was given REVELATIONS. The question is: what were the revelations given to him and where can we find them.

That he used to enjoin his family As-Salat was not a revelation. Every true muslim does that and does not amount to receiving revelation.
enieme. Just incase you miss this post, read it again.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by basilico: 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
enieme. Just incase you miss this post, read it again.

Did Arabs even come from the lineage of Ishmael?
No. Never.
Typical Muslim inserting themselves in the bible.
Biblically Ismael married an Egyptian.
Christianity and Judaism never recognised Ismael as a prophet in the first case
Let alone Ishmael receiving revelations from Allah.
Abraham never travelled to Mecca 900 miles away from Jerusalem.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
nonsense!! The lineage of prophethood was to come from Isaac. The quran say all prophet were send to every nation , if Abraham was sent to the Jews of his time then to which people Isaac was sent to ?

Simple question u no answer undecided

[size=20pt] WHO IS A PROPHET? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Simple question u no answer undecided

[size=20pt] WHO IS A PROPHET? [/size]

Stop this game my friend.

Tell us the revelations allahh claimed he gave to Ishmael and to whom.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
nonsense!! The lineage of prophethood was to come from Isaac.

But you said Isaac is not a prophet? undecided

Is Abraham a prophet, yes or no? Did Abraham also come from the lineage of Isaaac?

Please answer my questions, don't evade them this time. undecided

The quran say all prophet were send to every nation
, if Abraham was sent to the Jews of his time then to which people Isaac was sent to ?

Wrong!

Here is what the Quran say
34/24"Verily We have sent thee in truth, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner: and there never was a people, without a warner having lived among them (in the past).
14/4 " We sent not an apostle except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now God leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom.

The point is there was not a nation that didn't receive a Messenger from God reciting to them the Truth in their own language. The Jews believe this too.

"The Talmud teaches that there were hundreds of thousands of prophets: twice as many as the number of people who left Egypt, which was 600,000. But most of the prophets conveyed messages that were intended solely for their own generation and were not reported in scripture . Scripture identifies only 55 prophets of Israel." http://www.jewfaq.org/m/prophet.htm
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:
Stop this game my friend. Tell us the revelations allahh claimed he gave to Ishmael and to whom.

The revelation given to him is the same as the one given to all other prophets i.e to belief in God as one and not to associate partners with him. His revelation was directed to his people as at his time. you grab? smiley
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

But you said Isaac is not a prophet? undecided

Is Abraham a prophet, yes or no? Did Abraham also come from the lineage of Isaaac?

Please answer my questions, don't evade them this time. undecided

Wrong!

Here is what the Quran say
34/24"Verily We have sent thee in truth, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner: and there never was a people, without a warner having lived among them (in the past).
14/4 " We sent not an apostle except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now God leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom.

The point is there was not a nation that didn't receive a Messenger from God reciting to them the Truth in their own language. The Jews believe this too.

"The Talmud teaches that there were hundreds of thousands of prophets: twice as many as the number of people who left Egypt, which was 600,000. But most of the prophets conveyed messages that were intended solely for their own generation and were not reported in scripture . Scripture identifies only 55 prophets of Israel." http://www.jewfaq.org/m/prophet.htm

Frantically seeking to divert attention from the OP. Smh!
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Stop this game my friend.

Tell us the revelations allahh claimed he gave to Ishmael and to whom.

Meanwhile, today is monday, and being the fact that there was holiday since last week thursday, people trooped in mass to their various workplace this morning... Ermm! sire, don't you have work? I met 5mentions on my profile and your continuous posting on this thread shows that you've been online since morning.

You no go office

Me sef wey I dey for house, na book I dey read so tey my head one burst. grin grin na hin make me come online make I come laff small, and thank God my FARCEUR is around grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Frantically seeking to divert attention from the OP. Smh!

Of course that post is in line with the OP. Your illiterate brother was talking trash as usual, can't you read up the thread?

He said Isaac was not a prophet, do you agree with him? grin
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
This is another thread that will keep hunting Rilwon, tartar Demzy, Empiree, tbaba, vexdaxcool, lanrexlan and a host of others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Caution Muslims! The Prayers Are Meant To Be Observed Within Its Time. / What's Your Most Humbling Verse Of The Qur'an. / Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.