Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,498 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples (3357 Views)

Northern Nigerians Will Rule Nigeria For Up To 30 Years / Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana / Big Lessons Northern Nigerians Should Learn From This 2015 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by OneNaija(m): 2:10am On Apr 18, 2009
The Northern Nigerians Are they Peoples causing the current problems In Nigeria.They are not Civilized in any way. They seat on mat everyday to pray. They don't Intend to Buy Chair and Furniture to feel comfortable.They are not Civilized that Why they don't care about Nigerians. They can Dress in one Clothes Adagba, Native only. They Never think of Civilization in the World.They can sleep without no light and they will be Perfect. They can controls full cow without no problems Including Nigerians they will say Yes to anything they say. The Southern Nigerians and Eastern Nigerian they are all Civilize to the Western World How can we solve this Problem Because It is the Northern Problem that Why we are suffering. The Power come from the Northern Nigeria.
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by SeanT21(f): 2:13am On Apr 18, 2009
OneNaija:

The Northern Nigerians Are they Peoples causing the current problems In Nigeria.They are not Civilized in any way. They seat on mat everyday to pray. They don't Intend to Buy Chair and Furniture to feel comfortable.They are not Civilized that Why they don't care about Nigerians. They can Dress in one Clothes Adagba, Native only. They Never think of Civilization in the World.They can sleep without no light and they will be Perfect. They can controls full cow without no problems Including Nigerians they will say Yes to anything they say. The Southern Nigerians and Eastern Nigerian they are all Civilize to the Western World How can we solve this Problem Because It is the Northern Problem that Why we are suffering. The Power come from the Northern Nigeria.

How does it affect U??
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by blackspade(m): 3:09am On Apr 18, 2009
Divide and conquer at its best.
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by Kobojunkie: 4:31am On Apr 18, 2009
Nice to see the @Poster is already flexing his "I LOVE NIGERIA PASS MY MAMA" muscles. This is the typical mindset of the average "I LOVE NIGERIA, PASS YOU, TILL I DIE" group member!
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by tpia: 4:38am On Apr 18, 2009
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by ayomide06(m): 6:42am On Apr 18, 2009
I think the poster of this thread must be an idiot and he is an ungrateful maggot who is just fortunate to know how to read and write, i sincerely think by now an ordinary Nigerian ( not like the animal who start this thread) should drop the idea of tribalism and lets think about moving this country further rather than pass some meaningless cacophonous comments about one tribe or another. i am a Nigerian students studying here in Malaysia and each time i walk on Malaysian street i feel like weeping for my dear country because we have everything in my country except good leader, so wake up man, use your brain not your strength, we are the new generation of this country and lets make a different. embarassed
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by ezeagu(m): 8:35am On Apr 18, 2009
OneNaija:

And your screen name is "onenaija"?
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by OneNaija(m): 9:06am On Apr 18, 2009
What I am talking about If I must not write my statement very right. The Northern does not say any things about the solution in the country.They always support all the ideal from the leader.They have the power to solve the problem than we Southern and Eastern Nigerians. Have you heard or Hear any Northern talking about the problem in Nigeria. The Answer Is NO>>>>NO>>>>NO>>>NO so stop saying thrash and make Una go sit down for dirties. and stop saying I am proud of Nigeria when you cant solve the problem in Nigeria yet.
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by ikeyman00(m): 9:43am On Apr 18, 2009
@ post

too many zombies and vampires up there

shocked
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by MaiSuya(m): 9:49am On Apr 18, 2009
OneNaija:

The Northern Nigerians Are they Peoples causing the current problems In Nigeria.They are not Civilized in any way. They seat on mat everyday to pray. They don't Intend to Buy Chair and Furniture to feel comfortable.They are not Civilized that Why they don't care about Nigerians. They can Dress in one Clothes Adagba,  Native only. They Never think of Civilization in the World.They can sleep without no light and they will be Perfect. They can controls full cow without no problems Including Nigerians they will say Yes to anything they say. The Southern Nigerians and Eastern Nigerian they are all Civilize to the Western World How can we solve this Problem Because It is the Northern Problem that Why we are suffering. The Power come from the Northern Nigeria.

OneNaija:

What I am talking about If I must not write my statement very right. The Northern does not say any things about the solution in the country.They always support all the ideal from the leader.They have the power to solve the problem than we Southern and Eastern Nigerians. Have you heard or Hear any Northern talking about the problem in Nigeria. The Answer Is  NO>>>>NO>>>>NO>>>NO so stop saying thrash and make Una go sit down for dirties. and stop saying I am proud of Nigeria when you cant solve the problem in Nigeria yet.

ROLF grin grin Another comedian. only wish I knew WTF you r toking abt?? 
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by ikeyman00(m): 9:58am On Apr 18, 2009
^^^^^

hahhah it only amusing when these folk that pretend they dnt understand someone post surface!! it beautiful thing lookin at them, someone u probably ring up on the phone, wouldnt be able to speak properly

now let me spell out for yall deal with the morons,vampires and zombies com chop for alahaji house when the gate don open first
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by ElRazur: 10:00am On Apr 18, 2009
OneNaija:

The Northern Nigerians Are they Peoples causing the current problems In Nigeria.They are not Civilized in any way. They seat on mat everyday to pray. They don't Intend to Buy Chair and Furniture to feel comfortable.They are not Civilized that Why they don't care about Nigerians. They can Dress in one Clothes Adagba,  Native only. They Never think of Civilization in the World.They can sleep without no light and they will be Perfect. They can controls full cow without no problems Including Nigerians they will say Yes to anything they say. The Southern Nigerians and Eastern Nigerian they are all Civilize to the Western World How can we solve this Problem Because It is the Northern Problem that Why we are suffering. The Power come from the Northern Nigeria.

Your post is at best a generalisation and very ignorant. I have a feeling there will be massive opposition to your post. Even if you have a problem with how Nigeria is, you will find that you have presented your case in a very poor manner.

Also one man's civilisation is another man's backwardness. I live in the UK and most of the population here will think we are backward with our ways your see. The point is, these "backward civilisations" that you highlighted, you are yet to explain how it affects you.

OneNaija:

What I am talking about If I must not write my statement very right. The Northern does not say any things about the solution in the country.They always support all the ideal from the leader.They have the power to solve the problem than we Southern and Eastern Nigerians. Have you heard or Hear any Northern talking about the problem in Nigeria. The Answer Is  NO>>>>NO>>>>NO>>>NO so stop saying thrash and make Una go sit down for dirties. and stop saying I am proud of Nigeria when you cant solve the problem in Nigeria yet.

Here you had another chance to redeem what most people perceive as generalisation, yet you appear to carry on doing exactly that. The Northern part of nigeria, carries roughly about half the population of Nigeria, and are you saying you have meet everyone of them to come to such conclusion?

We have a problem of division and separation ingrained in us all - a very bad human trait at times - and my friend,  you are showing that. smiley
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by Sagamite(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2009
I won't be surprised in OneNaija is the same person as ikeyman00. Their English is equally appalling and demonstrates their illiteracy level.

If not, probably they went to the same school.
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by MaiSuya(m): 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2009
ikeyman00:

^^^^^

hahhah it only amusing when these folk that pretend they dnt understand someone post surface!! it beautiful thing lookin at them, someone u probably ring up on the phone, wouldnt be able to speak properly

now let me spell out for yall deal with the morons,vampires and zombies com chop for alahaji house when the gate don open first

Is this supposed to be English? grin
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by ow11(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2009
When Oprah calls all Nigerians thieves, people scream blue murder but turn around to label over 60 million people uncivilised because of random dumb things people in that area do. How very intelligent @poster, eh?
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by noetic(m): 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2009
tpia:

so you're better with your "I love Nigerian religious figures pass my mama and papa" mindset?

or your " I'm a soldier in the Nigerian religious army till I quench" mentality.
grin grin grin grin grin why are thou always on kobo`s back? what has he/she done to u?
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by PapaBrowne(m): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2009
Northern Nigeria! Southerners & Easterners!! Western World!!!
All of these, directions and descriptions!!

Then again, although incoherent & biased in presenting his/her case, the poster has made points that are statements of fact and worthy of discussion especially if Nigeria must move forward.

We can pretend as if the stereotypical characterizations of Northern Nigeria mentioned by  the poster don't exist and try as much as possible to act politically correct, but fact is these stereotypes are real and  are detrimental to the growth of this country.
However, every region in the country has its detrimental characteristics that hinder the growth and development of this country.

We are critcising the poster for starting a tribal discussion- Tribalism is a fact in Nigeria! We must discuss it! Not discussing tribal stereotypes is akin to sweeping dirt under the carpet in your house. One day, you'll find that your house is a dustbin.

Stereotyping is the basis for which most, if not all of us Humans base our judgments!
Stereotypically, Igbos would be too money driven and would do anything for it! Stereotypically, Yorubas would be traitors. Stereotypically, Hausas are too destitute-like(as the poster has pointed), Calabars too House-Helpy, Delta youths too militant, Edo girls too lose in Italy and so on and so fault!

In discussions, there is nothing too wrong with stereotyping. It is in individual actions that stereotyping becomes a problem.
I don't see anything wrong with the poster starting a reasonable stereotype- based discussion on something many of us know is one of the largest problems in the country!
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by Horus(m): 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2009
OneNaija:

@OneNaija
Here again the Devil is opening a topic on Nairaland to didvide and rule; It is NOT The Northern Nigerians peoples who are causing the current problems In Nigeria. First have a look at the word Civilized,and where this word is originated from.Where The Africans Civilized long time ago? Abolutely not . the Africans were never civilized . To be civilized is to claim that you were '' Uncivil" at some point in time . (We The African Were The Civilizers of the world ) . Am I saying '' All Religion And Cultures And Secret Fraternities Came from Africa,from us . Yes . They all got their teaching in one form or another from the Africans . Even the sacred societies , such as Freemasons and the Rosicrucians . Astaras , Theosphical Society , Odd Fellows . Knights of Columbus and their many offshoots take their roots back to Africa.
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by muhsin(m): 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2009
@Poster,

Your scribble had me, almost uncontrolably, laughing. I give you a credit for cracking such a joke by posting these concocted letters, which not everybody can make meaning out of.
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by PapaBrowne(m): 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2009
@Horus
The posters presentation is fraught with problems no doubt. But I don't think it has anything to do with divide and rule!
There is nothing wrong with discussing positively what I think we know is a major problem with Nigeria.

These poverty figures are worthy of discussion!
North-west:74%, North Central%: 70, North East: 70%
South West:28%, South South: 30%, South East: 23%

The disparity in poverty level is too high and it would help to discuss the cause of this. And I don't think the answer is too far from the what the poster has stated.
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2009
OneNaija:

What I am talking about If I must not write my statement very right. The Northern does not say any things about the solution in the country.
So those of you who sit daily trying to dream up solutions where tried and tested solutions already exist are better than those in the north who’d rather spend their time on other things?
OneNaija:

They always support all the ideal from the leader. They have the power to solve the problem than we Southern and Eastern Nigerians.
Aaaghh!! The classic “We are weak; they are stronger than we are and so our destiny is in their hands” excuse. Do you realize how weak that argument is? Do you seriously believe that the fate of the “Civilized” group, according to you, lies in the hands of the group you label “Uncivilized”?  Do you understand how ridiculous that statement is, considering we now live in a democracy? Or did you miss that part?

OneNaija:

Have you heard or Hear any Northern talking about the problem in Nigeria. The Answer Is NO>>>>NO>>>>NO>>>NO so stop saying thrash and make Una go sit down for dirties. and stop saying I am proud of Nigeria when you cant solve the problem in Nigeria yet.

I know there are lots of Nigerians who spend their time PROFERRING solutions to Nigeria’s problems daily, how has that been working out for us? Has any single issue been resolved in all that time spent talking of the problem and coming up with “CONVENIENT” solutions?

@Poster, you are the same person who, on another thread, claimed to “Cherish” Nigeria more than all and went a step further to insult anyone who did not share your view on the country. You have yet to solve any single problem the country has but have successfully shown yourself part of the group that continues to divide, instead of unite, the country. Why don’t you start with self here? Why don’t you stop saying you are proud of Nigeria when the same you will turn around to blame all the woes and issues in that country on the next man, causing more division which is the number one issue that needs to be dealt with?
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by Thor(m): 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2009
It is very true. But even though they may not be civilised or have any culture this is the fault of the backward religion (Islam) which they follow.

We should try to understand them and give them some room to manoeuvre lipsrsealed
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by jona2: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2009
there is nothing too wrong with stereotyping undecided

Akwa Ibom State has the highest number of prostitutes, and these prostitutes all operate within Lagos state. She said statistics from Uyo zonal office of NAPTIP alone showed that, out of 104 victims rescued in the last quarter of the year, 53 were from Akwa Ibom state. “It is sad that most of the Akwa Ibom girls rescued were used for prostitution in Lagos , and that most of the brothels in Lagos are inhabited by young girls from Akwa Ibom State ,” Ndaguba said. The unwritten legality of prostitution, as a profession in Lagos, has given rise to an increase in the number of areas where sex hawkers can be found. These areas, popularly called hot spots or red zones, increase in number daily and the efforts of police officers in picking them off the roads, at regular intervals, have not had any impact.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-260673.0.html
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by Thor(m): 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2009
There you go lipsrsealed
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by Jarus(m): 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2009

@Poster
Your writing is an award-winnable demonstration of how not to write. But that is not even the issue here.
When you criticize, you do so with facts. Your supporting 'facts' really expose you as an armchair critic. And Nairalanders, ever critical as most are, have shown you that criticizing itself is an art.
I do not subscribe to the widespread belief among Nigerians that Northerners are our problem(My take is that the problem has no tribal/regional dimension), but people that say so have more reasonable arguments than what you spewed up there. Arguments like Northerners have ruled Nigeria more than any other part of the country, higher illiteracy and poverty rates, widespread dependence on government etc make more sense. How is wearing agbada a cause of Nigeria's problem? How is sitting on the mat to pray everyday related to the problem of Nigeria? I live in an estate in VI here, and I sit on mat with our aboki gatemen to pray when I'm at home on weekends? Does that make me uncivilized or a problem to Nigeria? Does that affect my professional output? FYI, this cuts across all classes in Hausaland. The Dangotes, Sanusi Lamidos, Nuhu Ribadus all do this thing in their compounds( sitting on mats, praying, talking, with suya by the side). And their simple, humble lifestyle is one of the things I like about them.

So dude, when next you're criticizing try to back it with facts that are at least debatable. People here are not kids!
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by Jarus(m): 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2009
Thor:

It is very true. But even though they may not be civilised or have any culture this is the fault of the backward religion (Islam) which they follow.

We should try to understand them and give them some room to manoeuvre lipsrsealed
Didinrin
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by detopshot(m): 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2009
[color=#006600][/color]
@jarus: i just love u. u spoke my mind on that friend's reply. i'm a man from d south-south zone but i strongly support ALL YOUR POINTS on this.at least i spent one year with ma northen brothers where i served in Niger State. in fact, what i can't fail to mention is that i like their people's simple nature. that's not our problem like u said, let's find other causes. but may God bless Nigeria!, 2347041780990
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by bawomolo(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2009
Thor:

We should try to understand them and give them some room to manoeuvre  lipsrsealed

Well Islam and Christianity have similar roots so are you calling Southern Nigerians backward too?  Northerners had a culture way before islam so there isn't any point there. 

You can argue they are not exposed to western education but it's wrong to call them uncivillized.
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by detopshot(m): 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2009
@papabrowne: the story of those too-househelpy Akwa Ibomites is gonna change very soon if it hasn't already. have u been followin events in that state in education sector recently? i think that problem is being addressed by the man- in- charge.
@ jona: u've mentioned d problem, what solutions do u suggest? tak kia bro!!!, 2347041780990
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by jona2: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2009
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by ayomide06(m): 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2009
(I won't be surprised in OneNaija is the same person as ikeyman00. Their English is equally appalling and demonstrates their illiteracy level.

If not, probably they went to the same school.)[quote][/quote]

you are absolutely right, that guy ikeyman00 is a motor part seller at oshodi market and the guy who started this thread ( multiple naija not onenaija) happen to be his next door neighbor so they are bird of the same feather ( half educated people, they cant even explain why they join this forum in the first place).
Re: Northern Nigerians Are Not Civilized Peoples by generalzango(m): 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2009
One naija,i used 2 respect ur write ups,but 2day u have shown up 2 the nairalanders that you are nothing but a mere tribalist,the username you are using doesn't fit you,you are suppose to use names like IGNORANT,because don't know what you are writing about,infact for insulting a religion & tribe you know NOTHING about you must be a FOOL.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shoprite Store In Ib Met Its Revenue Projection For 6 Months In Less Than 8weeks / The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! / OPINION: Is A Unclad Woman The New Reward For Hard Work In Benue?? See This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.