Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? (38693 Views)

Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher? / Who Is Your Favourite Popular Pastor Or Preacher? / Is Pastor Shalom K.akinbo The Youngest And Richest Preacher In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Pepeye(f): 11:32am On Feb 20, 2008
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome the greatest Man of God that we are privilege, fortunate to have in our time, God bless You Pastor
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by firestar(f): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2008
''But YOU, do not YOU be called Rabbi, for one is YOUR teacher, whereas all YOU are brothers, Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. Matt. 23:8,12
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by tampriye(f): 4:07am On Mar 16, 2008
[/quote]None of the above, the son of nobody.

Seriously, none of the preachers listed has much respect in my eyes in terms of accurate Bible teaching. Unfortunately, Nigeria has succumbed to the sad aberration that is the "prosperity gospel" and virtually everyone in the list propagates it. This is not to say that some of them have not made useful contributions in other respects; just that as "pastors" (biblically speaking, which really are supposed to be pastor-teachers if you read Ephesians 4 and elsewhere in the Bible carefully), the people in the list do not cut it for me[quote]
Hi,
I don't know about other pastors, but since I have listened to a lot of Pastor's Kumuyi's messages, I know that he teaches a lot about holiness of heart and how to get to heaven. He teaches on prosperity but he often relates this to living a godly life; and holiness has always been #1, never prosperity.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by AKO1(m): 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2008
@POST: WHO REALLY CARES?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2008
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Kindly stop this ridiculous attempt at , going against the bible !

Whether or not any of them is popular is irrelevant and useless, in the big scheme of things!

1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2008
when all is said an done the bottomline is that each and every one of us need to be sure of our salvation, therefore the question is that:

What you must do to be Saved ,

The biblical answers for each and everyone who is yet to know Christ or anyone who seeks to come back as a prodigal son back to Christ, I HOPE THE FOLLOWING BIBLE VERSES SHOULD HELP YOU OUT.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

GOD SAVE AND BLESS YOU
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by tampriye(f): 12:29am On Mar 17, 2008
[/quote]
Who really cares[quote]
You may not really care but some others do and I'm writing this for their benefit. sad
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by TheSly: 12:40am On Mar 17, 2008
E.A. Adeboye. . .
Femi emmanuel. . .
Victor Adeyemi. . . . cool
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by oluomok(m): 2:33pm On Mar 17, 2008
Pastor Ben Eragai

Slliver bird tv evey monday to friday 7:30 am

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by abolasegun: 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2008
Thank God for the men of God we have in time like this, they are anointed but the gifts God gave to individuals is vary; some are call to be a preacher some are call to be evangelist etc. Don't forget they are men like us let us pray that God should use our life too for his own glory, the best thing to do is to ask for double portion of anointing upon papa Adeboye,Oyedepo, Gbile Akanni etc not to condem --------- Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months James 5: 17. Be reminded that God will place us on the same scale in the last day, God expect the same level of holiness from us either a minister or non-minister.

We are all minister, what we are ministering is what different, some ministering life while some people ministering sin - THE WAY THEY DRESS, TALK. But I pray that God should give me the double portion of anointing upon PAPA ENOCH ADEJARE ADEBOYE, HE IS MY FAVOURITE PASTOR
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by abolasegun: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2008
PAPA ENOCH ADEJARE ADEBOYE is my favorite pastor, when he speaks you feel the presence of God and even touch it, He do say my daddy says and before he finish saying it you will see te effect of it, what a wondeful men of God is this, How I wish that all our pastor and I be connected to God like, the church members would have changed years ago. I know we can be, may God help our infirmity in Jesus name (Amen). Papa Enoch Adejare Adeboye Long Life, I love you, while, you are not a guess pastor rather you speak what God says, may God help me to receive double portion of anointing upon you my lovely daddy.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by abolasegun: 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2008
papa ENOCH ADEJARE ADEBOYE IS A PASTOR THAT STATE CONNECTED TO DADDY (GOD)THAT IS WHY I LOVE HIM, Therefore he is my favorite pastor
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by omojes(f): 9:17am On Apr 29, 2008
Hi, everybody. I just want you to be careful about the way you rate and judge the MEN OF GOD.
I will advise you all to focus on JESUS, the author and finisher of you faith
There is a place everybody will stand before the WHITE THRONE OF GOD to give account of every WORD
we speak here on earth.IT IS WELL WITH YOU ALL.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by tokumbor: 11:30am On May 25, 2008
i did not really want to join this forum but i want to provoke some of the hypocrisies. the reveal word of God which is the bible say there is a different calling on every ministers of God. stated in the book of Corinthians. and there is a special anointing available for that minister to fulfill his calling. what i have observe in you hypocrisies is what i call ENVY. u envy too much. bcs u have a limitation in life u dont want somebody to talk about greater level. bcs u have concluded dat, that is the apex. some of u backbite the minister dat preach about prosperity and healing bcs u are use to poverty and other system of this world. if i ask u how often do u study ur bible? or when did u study ur bible last? what will be ur answer,

u have to understand that the scripture say by ur mouth thou shall be condemn and by ur mouth thou shall be justified.
pls all the backbiter stop encouraging the people in the world not to come to Christ with ur mouth. (u may not know it)
bcs this is the last days think of how to promote the kingdom of God not to be looking for error when a man preach the saving word of Jesus Christ.
b4 i go, 4 those that like this preacher than dis preacher be careful with ur mindset otherwise u may find ur self in a serous predicament.

I LOVE YOU ALL.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by reindeer: 9:21pm On May 25, 2008
wow!
i dont believe christinanity had dropped to this level, rating men of God?to what end?
next thing you know, u are rating angels, then what next?
please stop this useless venture, is it the men of God you worship?
everyone of then has got his/her calling so thers no point choosing favorites, they are there for instruction, for knowledge, so the more you avail yourself the substance of the messages being preached the better it is for you. This kind of excercise only leads to people being stereotyped wbout whose message the want to listen to,
so drop it! its a waste of time and counterproductive to maximising Gods message for you on earth.
smile smiley
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53am On May 31, 2008
Olukoya's choice of words are legendary.There is none like him in Nigeria.When this young man of God with exceptional brilliance speaks,you know he is a mouthpiece of God.He is the pioneer of MFM and watched it grow even up till this very moment .For the very first time in history,you find christains reclaiming their seats of power that have been robbed them -thanks to the machinations of the evil ones and the lukewarmness of the churches we have had in the past.MFM is the single largest congregation at a sitting .NO CHURCH CAN BEAT THAT!!!!!!He is a top crusader of that old faith that will eventually get people into the Kingdom of God.God has not and will not be modernized!!!!!!!That old time religion which people dread so much is what will take them to Heaven,no other avenue.There's no running away from the truth!!!!!!!!!

For me Oyakhilome has never been in my list of favourite.Its nauseating for me to see a so called man of God doing jerry curl.What kind of annointing will he be passing through?, even the name sounds funny!!!!!!, the appearance looks so artificial and funny that i cant even differentiate him and his wife from nite club pals.When he dies,his body would attract more termites, lots of make-ups on the container body when more emphasis ought to be placed on the innerman .The spirit and the body are inversely proportional,they cant be directly.As one is dying ,the other is living .As one is weakening,the other is strengthening.And its not possile to satisfy both at the same time.Lets face fact-That which is difficult for us to do are the pre-requisites into being accepted by God.We all have to be tried and tested to inherit the kingdom of God .The finest of golds spent longer time passing through fire.The first class students are the ones that gave it everything it takes to succeed.So it is in the Kingdom of God.

We all are like students in the department of the most high.God is the H.O.D who doesnt care if its just only one student that graduates.If you must graduate from the school of the Almighty,you must earn and deserve it.I admonish nairalanders to read his articles .You will see wisdom in his words!!!!!!!
I love E.A Adeoboye and W.F kumuyi too.These are my favourites after D.K Olukoya

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by tokumbor: 4:03am On Jun 01, 2008
POETIKALZ, ALL UR COMMENT IS OUT OF LINE, PLZ I RECOMMEND THE WORD OF GOD FOR YOU. STUDY IT VERY WELL AND ASK THE HOLY GHOST TO GIVE U REVELATION.
BEC U TALK LIKE WHAT I CALL NEPIOS (SPIRITUALLY IMMATURE) HOW CAN U BE JUDGING SOMEONE WITH HIS BEAUTY?
COME TO CANADA HERE YOU WILL SEE MEN BORN WITH HAIR CURL . THEY ARE SINNERS ABI?
NAR WER 4 SOME NIGER MEN OHHHHHHHH.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 01, 2008
@tokumbor,
am i talking about men in canada?am talking about a nigerian pastor (black man )who was not born with it but had to do it for some funny reasons.Canadians might not be sinners after all.They were born with it.
Finally i aint judging anyone ,am just expressing and baring my mind.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by reindeer: 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2008
that was a most disappointing response from poetikalz.
I thought i wasnt goign to post anymore responses but people with such bleary-eyed hero worship need to be reminded that God alone should be worshipped.
I had probs with his CHurch but that didnt mean i should come and insult the man of God the way he addressed pastor chris( i dont attend christ embassy by the way because people like him are apt to jump into conclusions before proper consideration).
The sooner you realise the boat you are in the better.
You need to become a CHRISTian and not an MFMer.
Ask God for wisdom, he's always ready to help.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 03, 2008
@reindeer
i wonder what kind of wisdom you still want me to ask God for .Is it that i still need to ask God to open my eyes to see if the jerry curl on the pastor's head was natural or artificial,or that it was permed in Nigeria or overseas?Please spare me all that!!!!!!!!!!Am not talking about the church,am talking about the man that heads the church.I am a christain and to be more specific an MFMer as you put it.Aint denying that fact.
For me ,i dont think i would ever condition my hair to look beautiful!why would i want to do that?

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by TayoD1(m): 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2008
@poetikalz,

For me ,i don't think i would ever condition my hair to look beautiful!why would i want to do that?
I hope you will comb it sha and keep it tidy grin grin grin
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by AKO1(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2008
poetikalz:

For me ,i don't think i would ever condition my hair to look beautiful!why would i want to do that?

Why wouldn't they want to do that? What biblically restricts them?

It is not right to believe that everyone should choose your subjective preferences.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2008
poetikalz:

Olukoya's choice of words are legendary.There is none like him in Nigeria.

Of course, God made every body unique to fulfil  different purposes on the earth.

poetikalz:

When this young man of God with exceptional brilliance speaks,you know he is a mouthpiece of God.He is the pioneer of MFM and watched it grow even up till this very moment 

For the very first time in history,you find christains reclaiming their seats of power that have been robbed them [/b] -thanks to the machinations of the evil ones and the lukewarmness of the churches we have had in the past.

Do not decieve yourself, go read church history. There have been several moves of God's Spirit since penticost.

Even though we are in the greatest move of all time in our day, it isnt the first time revelation is flooding the church and people are coming out of darkness and becoming acquinted with their inheritance.

poetikalz:

MFM is the single largest congregation at a sitting .NO CHURCH CAN BEAT THAT!!!!!!

Dont even start, because you can divide in half the attendaces at meetings organized by Christ Embassy or RCCG and they will still exceed those of MFM by far.

poetikalz:

He is a top crusader of that old faith that will eventually get people into the Kingdom of God.God has not and will not be modernized!!!!!!!

Are you born again at all? Where are you if not in the Kingdom? That gospel that says we are marching to zion is not from God for we are already there! Hebrews 12:22.

poetikalz:

That old time religion which people dread so much is what will take them to Heaven,no other avenue.There's no running away from the truth!!!!!!!!!That old time religion which people dread so much is what will take them to Heaven,no other avenue.There's no running away from the truth!!!!!!!!!

No wonder. It is religion you preach (the old one for that matter). Jesus said "from the days of john the baptist, the kingdom of God is preached and every man is pressing into it." Luke 16:16 It is religion that men dread. But the kingdom is taken by force! This is the gospel. . . good news. Any other is not from God.

poetikalz:

For me Oyakhilome has never been in my list of favourite.Its nauseating for me to see a so called man of God doing jerry curl.What kind of annointing will he be passing through?, even the name sounds funny!!!!!!, the appearance looks so artificial and funny that i can't even differentiate him and his wife from night club pals. . .

I will not even bother attempting to liberate you from this bondage you have put yourself in because i know your type; they have been in existence right from the days of Jesus. They have not entered the kingdom, yet they try to prevent others from entering.

Let me leave you here to continue in your struggle to enter the kingdom. Bye wink
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by moHot(f): 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2008
MY FAVOURITE PREACHER IS THE HOLY SPIRIT, MY FAVOURITE PASTORS ARE: PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE BECAUSE MOST OF HIS TEACHINGS CONCUR WITH WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT PREACHES TO ME AND THEN MY PASTOR,PASTOR DIPO OGUNDIPE OF CCC GENESIS PARISH: WHENEVER HE PREACHES YOU MUST NAVIGATE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by reindeer: 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2008
God bless you donnie. cheesy
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2008
God bless you too Reindeer! smiley
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Fineson(m): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2008
gud evnin my pple in the lord
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by tybanky(f): 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2008
E .A. Adeboye, Bimbo Odukoya
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 21, 2008
How much of a crap do i still need to put up with on this nairaland?especially the one coming from donnie.You have not made any point at all .What happened to the morals i expect from a good christain (that is if u actually one )
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by reindeer: 8:20am On Jun 22, 2008
poetikalz.you really dont have to talk if there isnt anything really important to say.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2008
Abi?
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2008
My favorite is pastor moses alu of the bride assembly lagos church, ijesha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I.O Ajilore's Prophecies: "I Saw Saraki Overcoming, Pray Against Plane Crash / Mbaka Bows, Shuts Adoration Ministry For One Month / Amazing Story: Pastor & Kids Saved After Huge Tree Suddenly Fell On Their SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.