Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,939 members, 7,828,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? (65580 Views)

Dad’s Incredible Reaction To News 14-year-old Son Is Not His / Mother Goes Unclad In Birthday Shoot For Her 4-Year-Old Son / If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2015
sonofananimal:
base on my own believe, a 13 years old is not surpose to hold a phone. What will he/her be doing with a phone undecided

Pingingtongue
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
webshopng1:

I will buy him the case...

This guy funny shagrin
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by jomoh: 12:19am On Oct 01, 2015
lampardizik:

The future is not yet lost after all

I won't bet on it but we still have few staunch conservatives like me around.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by olajorn(m): 12:31am On Oct 01, 2015
If to say Na originary iPhone6 I for talk say so many under 14 dey groove am

If I have d money I can buy it for my child tongue
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by predatorX: 12:39am On Oct 01, 2015
yes na.........................."If ayam a tif like SARAKI" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 01, 2015
lampardizik:

Pingingtongue
who will them be pinging with.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by anthay: 12:48am On Oct 01, 2015
so disappointed in those who are giving yes as an answer. How would u eva imagine buying such a fone for a 14 yr old child?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by AreaFada2: 1:54am On Oct 01, 2015
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by AreaFada2: 1:55am On Oct 01, 2015
Niet.
Dasvidaniya. cheesy grin
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by frrank(m): 1:57am On Oct 01, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Ordinary phone armu robber dey chop off person hand to collect am,so imagine if dem sight am with this one, no be kidnap tinz? Well to answer your question, hell to da Nooooooo

It's been a long time. Where are you hiding nah? Been following you till the nairaland tsunami came.

AcceptMyOwnWelcome
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by InvertedHammer: 3:35am On Oct 01, 2015
/
The hallmark of a good parent is knowing when to say "No". You don't buy everything you want because you can afford it. That's the mind of an adult.

\
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 01, 2015
gbenga4my:

You can't really blame people on here saying NO, background do tell on people reactions to things. But what pain most is that pple doesn't read to understand this days, pple read to reply. The op made it clear that in this case, u r extremely rich(its quite affordable) nd am surprised reading post on here saying dey wud prefare buying cheaper phone. When u r rich, the iphone 6 is extremely cheap. Another person sayz no because his parent doesn't brought him up that way. Am sure the father wud av done better if he can afford it in this op case. I think Nigerians should start thinking outside the box.
You spoke my mind,you said it all.
Nigerians mentality display on here shocks me to my bones.

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Acidosis(m): 4:50am On Oct 01, 2015
Get him/her a gold plated iPhone 6 for the 14th year birthday, and he would demand a private jet and a pilot for the 15th yr. For the 16th? Well he might demand something money cannot buy, such as the head, lungs and kidneys of the parents.

A child who is wise enough to identify/admire a gold plated iPhone 6 should be sensible enough to apply for jobs.

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 4:57am On Oct 01, 2015
Yes why not.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 01, 2015
gbenga4my:

I don't mean to be rude , but you comparing youself with another person(bill gate) before making decision. show a lot bout you.

What does it show about me?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 01, 2015
IHate9ja1:

For 8 Grand I would!
#YES!
Go park well, u never touch that kind money before that's why you dey ginger. Park well abeg.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by marshalcarter: 6:07am On Oct 01, 2015
aderonkedeborah:
wishing u safe landing
Ayaff landed already tongue grin
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by zynzyn(m): 6:09am On Oct 01, 2015
lampardizik:
You and your spouse are a wealthy couple and indeed very rich

While on a visit to a premium Apple store in Dubia,your 13 year old child asks for a 24 karat gold Iphone 6 ($8000) for his/her 14th year birthday

As a parent,would you get it for him/her?

Dose the fact that you are wealthy enough encourage you to buy such?

Yes?

Why?

No?

Why?

Give your reasons

*copied from BBCM

If I buy such for my kid, I must also hire 4 bodyguards to follow him/her wherever he uses the phone.

Even then, he/she cannot make or pick a call in certain places.

Just heard a story of how a girl in abuja lost her finger as well as her phone while it was being stolen!

Even then, can the Bodyguards be trusted!

Other than these conditions, and out of SINCERE LOVE FOR MY OWN BELOVED CHILD, N O W A Y! cool kiss
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Godmother(f): 7:18am On Oct 01, 2015
$8000 is over N1.7 million and even if I had that money I wouldn't buy that phone for my son, even at 21. There's something parents of this current generation do because they want to give their children the best life they didn't get. But what this does is bring up adults who have no respect for money or value for hardwork.

My dad instilled this in us by making us work for money or encouraging us when we showed initiatives. If you asked him for 20k, he would ask how much you had saved. If you said 5k, he would give you 25k or just the 20k. If you said no, then OYO was your portion. He also gave monetary rewards, praises and encouragements when we did outstandingly well in things

Not saying its bad to show love to your children, cos giving them the best is how we can show love. But let us also stop doing things that will make these kids grow to because spoilt, selfish adults with an entitlement mentality

2 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Eyepencil: 7:20am On Oct 01, 2015
emmanuel596:

Mr man I said I won't buy my father didn't brought me up that way...it's this my children will not suffer like I did syndrome that has kept nigeria were it is today...this is also the reasons y public officers will not stop stealing because they don't want their kids to suffer me and u at the tail end will still come to nl to complain how public officers loot our money......even dangote would not buy dat...I might be the richest on earth but that would not make me stupidd....with $80000 =#20,000000 I could Offord to pay medical bills for over 100 nigerians with critical health issues be wise

$8000 not $80000... Btw, your conversation rate is wrong. Get your facts right before commenting.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Metrofox(m): 7:43am On Oct 01, 2015
Big FAT NO
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by adehabproperties(m): 7:45am On Oct 01, 2015
Sensible
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by emmanuel596(m): 7:47am On Oct 01, 2015
Eyepencil:

$8000 not $80000... Btw, your conversation rate is wrong. Get your facts right before commenting.

Go and die stop speculating about money u will never have
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2015
emmanuel596:

Does A Persons Updates And Comments On Social Media Depicts His/ Her Character??

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by olubenjazzy(m): 7:56am On Oct 01, 2015
No I won't buy it for him/her
Not in term of "stingy"
But for what
because I hav d money doesn't mean
I shud spend $8k for phone on my kid
I no be davido nao
#invest it in his or her name(my reason)
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Eyepencil: 7:57am On Oct 01, 2015
emmanuel596:

Look at this imbecilic fool, at your age you can't even do a simple money conversion. You are a disgrace to your lineage. Goat!
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by simplisity(m): 8:04am On Oct 01, 2015
Mariecakes:
Since the money is there,.. why not?? what/who am I working for if not my kids
So bcs u have all d money in d bank, thats d reason u shld buy ur 14 yrs old minor a gold iphone worth of 8000 dollar, while u have alot of poor people around u, who cant afford one square meal. I pity the rich bcs most of them have failed to use the opportuties God has given them to use their wealth and make Heaven. Remember wat Christ said at d last day, He will seperate d sheep standin at his rite hand and d goat at d left, He will tell d goat to enter d hell made for them, bcs wen He was sick, thirsty, and shelterless u fail to attend to him, and they would ask, wen were u thirsty, sick and shelterless and we didnt attend to u and God answered, wen u do it to one of these poor peopl around u, u have done it for me. Spendin 8000 dollar on jst iphone, while there r alot of mouth d money can feed is not wise gesture at all.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by simplisity(m): 8:05am On Oct 01, 2015
pet4ril:
Wallahi, I no go buy, I rather invest it on the needy...
Ur a wise woman.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Chuukwudi(m): 8:12am On Oct 01, 2015
Pidggin:
No I won't

Please sister, based on the the strategic position of your post which I just quoted. Kindly edit it and suggest giving the money to the orphanage, church or better still, to those who are in great need of it. Explain to the 14 year child the benefits of giving.

Why would he use a golden phone?
Nonsense.
Please do this. You get some likes for it.
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by emmanuel596(m): 8:40am On Oct 01, 2015
favoured234:

Does A Persons Updates And Comments On Social Media Depicts His/ Her Character??

When an idiot gets on ur nerve don't stay quiet
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by queebeediva(f): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2015
14 years haba fear God and criminals . Somting you can not even give to God .
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by dotune(m): 9:29am On Oct 01, 2015
I will withdraw the money and give to him to hold first.
I will then take him to the teaching hospital where his age mates are admitted for hole in the heart, kidney failure, cancer and the rest.
I will also take him briefly to the motherless babies home and the juvenile prisons to see children who are locked away and desire to be loved.
I will then tell him he's free to decide as to what to do with the money.
Whether to buy the iPhone or use it to put smile on those under privileged kids. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Caucasian Woman's Traditional Way Of Serving Nigerian Husband Food Causes Stir / My Mother-in-law Told Me Not To Touch My Wife / Marrying A Masturbator!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.