Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,693 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Your NYSC Questions Answered - NYSC (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC Questions Answered (1086964 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 13, 2018
Pls who can help with oyostate 2018 batch c corps members whatsapp group link.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by FlyingTOMATOE: 11:03am On Dec 13, 2018
Vivaforever01:
Abeg o, is there anyone posted to edo? Lets mingle o
was once near that area
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Sakie: 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
Pls guys who knows how much they pay corps members at pencom... Urgent reply pls
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DewNewToo: 3:40pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hello All

I have an urgent question. i left camp last week batch C stream 2. And my PPA is meant to resume on the 2nd of January. Will I still be expected to do clearance to get my allawee ? because I am worried my PPA wont want to give me clearance letter as I will just be starting. I checked my dashboard and so far I have present of November and Absent for December. Will another absent put me in trouble?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Hier(m): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2018
DewNewToo:
Hello All

I have an urgent question. i left camp last week batch C stream 2. And my PPA is meant to resume on the 2nd of January. Will I still be expected to do clearance to get my allawee ? because I am worried my PPA wont want to give me clearance letter as I will just be starting. I checked my dashboard and so far I have present of November and Absent for December. Will another absent put me in trouble?

Did you report to your PPA immediately you were posted? If yes, then you should be on a form of leave that enables corpers to be fully prepared for service since they didn't come to camp with all their items.

If you reported and requested for a leave from your PPA, then you are recognized as one of their employee and they should give you the clearance letter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DewNewToo: 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hier:

Did you report to your PPA immediately you were posted? If yes, then you should be on a form of leave that enables corpers to be fully prepared for service since they didn't come to camp with all their items.

If you reported and requested for a leave from your PPA, then you are recognized as one of their employee and they should give you the clearance letter.

Thanks for the reply. I reported as soon as i left camp last week but only got my acceptance on Wednesday. but when I went to pick it up they asked me when I would like tot start and I said I can start immediately but then I would request two weeks leaves to get myself sorted but then he said it would be better for me to start fully on the 2nd of January. So I will start in January but I have done my documentation at my nysc zonal office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Hier(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
DewNewToo:

Thanks for the reply. I reported as soon as i left camp last week but only got my acceptance on Wednesday. but when I went to pick it up they asked me when I would like tot start and I said I can start immediately but then I would request two weeks leaves to get myself sorted but then he said it would be better for me to start fully on the 2nd of January. So I will start in January but I have done my documentation at my nysc zonal office.

You are as good as perfect bro, there is no cause for alarm. Your PPA now considers you as their employee and would assign to you ever privilege as related to that, and that includes issuing you your clearance form. Clearance is always between the first 10 days of every month, and the allowee for that period would be paid into the account you registered with. You have no cause to fear bro
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DewNewToo: 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hier:

You are as good as perfect bro, there is no cause for alarm. Your PPA now considers you as their employee and would assign to you ever privilege as related to that, and that includes issuing you your clearance form. Clearance is always between the first 10 days of every month, and the allow for that period would be paid into the account you registered with. You have no cause to fear bro

thanks!! But I am not sure they can give me letter clearing me for December as I would not have started work yet so technically wont be an employee till January, which means when I go for clearance in January I wont have a letter to give them. That's me assuming you do clearance that way, as in you clear of December in January then you will now clear for January in February.

Honestly I really wish NYSC could just clearly outline everything online for us to make life easy. That's how during documentation I also wasn't allowed to do it because I only had acceptance slip that was signed and stamped and they said I must bring acceptance letter.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by captainzee4life(m): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
Someone just told me that without ur school ID CARD, u won't be allowed into the orientation camp. How true is this?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Thermodynamics(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
Please when is first batch going to service in 2019.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
captainzee4life:
Someone just told me that without ur school ID CARD, u won't be allowed into the orientation camp. How true is this?

very true,you need it
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
guys any news as regards to Nov alawee for batch c stream 1?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Hier(m): 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
DewNewToo:

thanks!! But I am not sure they can give me letter clearing me for December as I would not have started work yet so technically wont be an employee till January, which means when I go for clearance in January I wont have a letter to give them. That's me assuming you do clearance that way, as in you clear of December in January then you will now clear for January in February.

Honestly I really wish NYSC could just clearly outline everything online for us to make life easy. That's how during documentation I also wasn't allowed to do it because I only had acceptance slip that was signed and stamped and they said I must bring acceptance letter.

Try get across to your L. I. He should be in a more perfect position to explain things better. I'm also batch C but stream 1, I left camp November 12 and it seems you guys resumed after we left, it was Kebbi camp. just try get across to the local government inspector for that local government which you have your PPA and call him and talk things with him. He's the best person to talk to, since by default, he's open to all Corp member under the local government, to see to their well-being in term of NYSC, though CWA(Corpers Welfare Association) see to the welfare of corpers though headed by a Corp member but overseen by the LGI(local gvt Insp). But when it comes to NYSC matters, the LGI is the best person to contact, the local government inspectors number is always in the deployment letter. The thing is, the LGI is the mouthpiece of NYSC that is closest to you and he's the person to conduct the clearance. But if peradventure you guys received any pay in camp, it could be either for November or December allowee
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by captainzee4life(m): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
askibee:

very true,you need it
wat if I Dont HV it or can't get it.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DewNewToo: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
captainzee4life:

sorry posted before but it didn't go through. When I went to camp they asked at the gate but I told them I didn't have it and I was a foreign graduate and I just gave them my call up letter and international passport and they let me in. And there were people I met during registration that didn't have theirs. So I really don't know if it was just luck or they might let you in. Sorry
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DewNewToo: 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
Hier:

Try get across to your L. I. He should be in a more perfect position to explain things better. I'm also batch C but stream 1, I left camp November 12 and it seems you guys resumed after we left, it was Kebbi camp. just try get across to the local government inspector for that local government which you have your PPA and call him and talk things with him. He's the best person to talk to, since by default, he's open to all Corp member under the local government, to see to their well-being in term of NYSC, though CWA(Corpers Welfare Association) see to the welfare of corpers though headed by a Corp member but overseen by the LGI(local gvt Insp). But when it comes to NYSC matters, the LGI is the best person to contact, the local government inspectors number is always in the deployment letter. The thing is, the LGI is the mouthpiece of NYSC that is closest to you and he's the person to conduct the clearance. But if peradventure you guys received any pay in camp, it could be either for November or December allowee

Thank you!! I will keep trying to call my LGI but his/ her phone has been off all week which is really annoying. But I am meant to have CDS next week so I will try to get advice from my cds coordinator and ask the person in charge of my ppa area.

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2018
DewNewToo:

Thank you!! I will keep trying to call my LGI but his/ her phone has been off all week which is really annoying. But I am meant to have CDS next week so I will try to get advice from my cds coordinator and ask the person in charge of my ppa area.

This nysc go soon run mad

Go home and rest

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
captainzee4life:

you should go to your school and make a new one it's allowed
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Amandobolt(m): 4:12am On Dec 15, 2018
I'm a 2018 corper of batch C stream 2
filling the relocation form at the camp didn't come out successful. Pls how can I go about relocation after three month or is it within the first three months?
PS: I was posted to kogi and want to redeploy to Anambra on health grounds. I have a medical report from my school's teaching hospital.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2018
Amandobolt:
I'm a 2018 corper of batch C stream 2
filling the relocation form at the camp didn't come out successful. Pls how can I go about relocation after three month or is it within the first three months?
PS: I was posted to kogi and want to redeploy to Anambra on health grounds. I have a medical report from my school's teaching hospital.

Enjoy kogi....dont come back....

Where u dey run go?lolzzz
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by captainzee4life(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2018
DewNewToo:

sorry posted before but it didn't go through. When I went to camp they asked at the gate but I told them I didn't have it and I was a foreign graduate and I just gave them my call up letter and international passport and they let me in. And there were people I met during registration that didn't have theirs. So I really don't know if it was just luck or they might let you in. Sorry

thank u so much I appreciate
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Amandobolt(m): 10:24am On Dec 15, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Enjoy kogi....dont come back....

Where u dey run go?lolzzz
o mehn...kogi dry I swear and I gats to dey go treatment before somebody go die while serving this country wey nothing come out
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
Amandobolt:

o mehn...kogi dry I swear and I gats to dey go treatment before somebody go die while serving this country wey nothing come out

I know kogi well....but u won't be redeployed to anambra...no jolification for you......no....that ur plan Nysc done scatter am...
You must serve ur fatherland.

Nysc will last last redeploy u to ebonyi state.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Anotii(m): 12:49am On Dec 16, 2018
sitedolliz:
Can I still redeploy?
I'm currently in Abuja and I wish to redeploy to ogun or ondo Donno if its still possible
Why do u want to leave Abuja na? I use to think Abuja is the best city to serve..
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Teefrosh89: 1:25am On Dec 16, 2018
[/quote]
Anotii:

Why do u want to leave Abuja na? I use to think Abuja is the best city to serve..
[quote
Anotii post=73883132:

author=Darkchocolate post=38515779]Congratulations to the incoming NYSC otondos ... You should all be proud of yourselves. I just finished my service year in July and I am here to answer any NYsC related questions you might have (to the best of my ability).

Camp confusions
How much you need
How to conduct or not conduct yourself wink
Activities to take up that might be beneficial in determining where you are posted to
Best CDS groups
Etc etc

Are you also a foreign student? Wondering how you will survive those 3 ghastly weeks? You are in the right place then!!!

Ask and it shall be answered!

Disclaimer: I speak from Lagos Camp experiences...other camps in other states and how they function may be different but any answer I provide should give you a general guide. I encourage you to conduct your own research and get a varied source for whatever information you seek.

P.s. Yokiti, how have you been? I've missed you like a fat kid misses cake grin

***New rule
If you want me to respond to your question, it might be advisable to NOT type in shorthand! cheesy ;DD cool

And guys...I have no idea how to access the email links. Im not ignoring you. Just post your message here and i ll try to answer it. smiley

***added 07/02/16 - I am so happy that this thread has actually helped out thousands of people...people commenting, answering and helping each other and those viewing in ghost mode cheesy We have literally gone from just NYSC camp related experiences to JAMB to all sorts..lol... Gives me goosebumps (Err...maybe not...but..) Thanks to everyone that has helped me out. Couldn't have done it without y'all. Remember, if you need me to address any questions just say my NAME and I'll come running (well...not literally)...and hopefully I'll know or help you find out the answer. Cant answer any questions on JAMB though embarassed wink

Update 24/04/17

Wow...we are still here guys. Congratulations to the folks that just finished and those about to enter...Please let us know the experiences you have had...the good, the bad and the ugly. I heard so much has changed since I finished in 2015. Seems like only yesterday though!!! cry

cool

***UPDATE 13/12/2017***

Oh my Goodness guys... this thread is still going and has helped so many people. The information nuggets in this thread as been invaluable to most. Thank you to all the contributors. You guys are the bomb!!! kiss

On a different note...It's 12 DAYS to Christmasssss.

Wishing you all a fantabulous MERRY CHRISTMAS and a fulfilling NEW YEAR
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Teefrosh89: 1:29am On Dec 16, 2018
Hello, please I have a question which is based on nysc mobilization... Was born in sep 1989 and gained admission 2015/2016 am graduating 2018/2019.. I will still be 30 untill sep 2020.please what's my faith on service year 2020..thanks
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by topiiiiiiii(f): 3:36am On Dec 16, 2018
please is there anyway someone can change ppa without getting rejection letter
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DewNewToo: 8:00am On Dec 16, 2018
Teefrosh89:
Hello, please I have a question which is based on nysc mobilization... Was born in sep 1989 and gained admission 2015/2016 am graduating 2018/2019.. I will still be 30 untill sep 2020.please what's my faith on service year 2020..thanks

well from what's written online from NYSC you can serve as long as you graduate before you are 30 so you may not be able to serve. Either way when it's time you will register and you will know if they give you exemption or mobilization
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DewNewToo: 8:01am On Dec 16, 2018
topiiiiiiii:
please is there anyway someone can change ppa without getting rejection letter

not that I have heard, try contacting your LGI if you can. if not try explain to you ppa why you need a rejection.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by topiiiiiiii(f): 9:41am On Dec 16, 2018
DewNewToo:

not that I have heard, try contacting your LGI if you can. if not try explain to you ppa why you need a rejection.
thanks am grateful....so getting rejection is the fastest thing to do plus how easy will it be to get request from secondary school of ones Choice within same Local government.... thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (394) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.