Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (8735 Views)

Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PurestBoy(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2009
What about mad men that smoke IGBO? Will they also make heaven?
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by banom(m): 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ PurestBoy,

you don dey smoke Igbo ?
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PastorAIO: 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2009
the structure and function of human consciousness allowed for no survival of human consciousness of bodily death. I say this because the proponents of heaven and hell, begin to talk about heaven or hell which are at the core of christianity and islam,they must first overcome the arguments as to the extreme unlikelihood of survival after death in the first place. we know that a child's consciousness increases with time, so will a 5 year old boy who died in this world wake up as an adult in heaven? will a child who was born with mental illness and lost consciousness of his environment suddenly become conscious when he dies? i watch a documentary on the discovery world where a guy had an accident when he was 7 and became brain dead till he died at the age of 32, will he suddenly become aware of his environments in either heaven or hell? as i aforementioned the structure and function of the human consciousness does not allow for survival of human consciousness after bodily death those that keep talking about heaven and hell are yet to prove to us beyond reasonable doubt that there is a part of human consciousness that survives bodily death. . . . .all we are left with are different conjectures, myths, false assumptions and lies. . . . . .

@Mazaje
How are you so sure about other people's consciousness.  Like, how do you know that a child's consciousness increases with time, or that consciousness is even subject to increase or decrease?

Or that the person in a coma lacks consciousness?
Jarus:

From Islamic standpoint, a person will not be held accountable for that he does while in a state of insanity. He will be judged by his actions up to when he became insane. That will determine whether he merits paradise or hellfire.

Another interesting point from an islamic standpoint versus a 'christian' standpoint is that some christian say that we are born sinners while on the other hand the Koran says that we are born in the state of islam with Al-fitra.
So I guess that if a baby died at birth it's destination would depend on whether it was a christian a moslem.  Christian babies go straight to hell while moslem babies go to heaven.  

I still don't know what we mean by Mad yet.  What is the definition?  Are we talking about schizophrenics that Hallucinate?  
Anyway sha I think the best solution will be according to the belief that Dogs go to doggy heaven and humans go to human heaven, so therefore Mad men go to Mad heaven.
PurestBoy:

What about mad men that smoke IGBO? Will they also make heaven?

I'm sure there's plenty of Igbo in Mad Heaven.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by posakosa(m): 5:49pm On Apr 20, 2009
I'm sure there's plenty of Igbo in Mad Heaven.

buahahahahahahahahha~
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Igwe9(m): 5:54pm On Apr 20, 2009
Hello PurestBoy

Do I know you? smiley
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PurestBoy(m): 5:56pm On Apr 20, 2009
Igwe.:

Hello PurestBoy

Do I know you? smiley

You're welcome, freeworld
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PurestBoy(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2009
banom:

@ PurestBoy,

you don dey smoke Igbo ?

Na today? It's medically OK for me, But I weed responsibly
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by keyne(f): 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2009
any person mad 4rm birth wld nt go 2 hell bt a person,who runs mad cos of his bad deeds and curses rained upon him, well, might go 2 hell.i dnt knw.rememba,nt all mad pple r mad.lol grin
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by wendyc: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2009
To Ascony, i'm sensing that you don't believe in GOD, or that you feel GOD is injust and doesn't care about ones being, if they go mad with the example here. i'm not being judgemental but olny sharing my faith and believe here and i hope one or two people get it.

Will a mother or father watch his/her child going down a path that is distruction fold their hands? they will do everything they can to make sure that they teach him to listen so he does not go that way, and after all thier loving efforts, if the child insist- all dey can do is just watch and hope that one day, things will change,  a change of heart. a sober moment.
God did not create us to come here and then make us go mad. We all were created for his pleasures. it's not pleasing watching a mad person. some go mad becos of sins, some drugs, some wickedness around them,
GOD is not just folding his arms watching this people, he cares of us all and that is one thing that we should all know.
someone gave an example of the king in the bible that was turned mad by GOD, becos of his actions, not only  was he mad for 7 years, NO ONE TOOK HIS POSITION DURING THAT TIME, as he was healed, he went back to being a king. He made him realize that it's not by his power, but GOD is that one that makes things happen. we do have our own part to do and if we misuse them, take drugs and all this stuff we don't blame GOD for that. even with it, he still cares, becos he sends help to us all.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by banom(m): 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ Keyne,

are you saying PurestBoy will  not go to heaven since his own madness will come from the Igbo wey the bobo dey take ?

please let me know, that guy has just two weeks left to make his first street appearance ?

@ PurestBoy,

You that smokes Igbo will always come here and be preaching to me to repent and stop critisizing dubious Nigerian pastors, whereas i have never tested igbo since i was born, Do your pastors smoke igbo as well ?

@ Wendyc,

What about Imbecils, did they cause it to themselves ?
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2009
CONFUSED STATE!

I THINK THEY WILL GO TO PARADISE OR REMAIN ON EARTH
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by jamace(m): 6:29pm On Apr 20, 2009
Too much knowledge is a type of madness.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PurestBoy(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2009
@Banon,

I'm sure you don't want to go into verbal war with me? The matter is b2in both of us and pls don't involve my pastor, show some respect pls
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by henry4uall(m): 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2009
The question of who goes to hell or not is not a question of what someone did or what he did not do. WHAT SENT PPLE TO HELL IS MORE OF WHO THEY ARE THAN WHAT THEY DO. If he's born again b4 he was sick, why will he go mad?  A born again christian is a new species who is not subject to sickness, disease and as such. But if for the reason of his/her ignorance, he's saddled with such and he eventually dies this is what happens.Since he is a spirit and his spirit is saved then he goes to be with the lord. read 1cor 15:53-54
If he's not born-again HELL IS OPEN!
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by banom(m): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ PurestBoy,

Show me yourself and i will tell you whom your pastor is, offcourse what you do is what he preached to you .
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by msnigeria(m): 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2009
Thanks a lot poster for asking this question cuz when I was back in 9ja, I would always ask this same question whenever I saw an insane person.

I don't think they would be judged cuz they aren't aware of their actions, and I believe that's why they're called insane, but I do think they would be judged based on what they've done before they became insane.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PurestBoy(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2009
banom:

@ PurestBoy,

Show me yourself and i will tell you whom your pastor is, offcourse what you do is what he preached to you .

I swear u dey take Igbo pass me cos it only takes a ganjamania to post such topic
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by banom(m): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ PurestBoy,

Yes i dey smoke igbo with your pastors,
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PurestBoy(m): 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2009
banom:

@ PurestBoy,

Yes i dey smoke igbo with your pastors,

My pastor is an upright man and will do no such thing. I'm even trying to leave that shit but I hope I finally quit before this year runs out,
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by sleekdoc: 8:35pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ Topic

This is a very good question
I really dont know the answer
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Igwe9(m): 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2009
PurestBoy:

You're welcome, freeworld
You can't be chidi
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by ladykool(f): 9:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
it all depends on the kind of mad people if is the crazy ones that rape people or sumfing worse ok they will go to hell
but if it is just the mad people that dont do anything then they might not go to hell
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Krayola(m): 10:14pm On Apr 20, 2009
Nobody goes to hell.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by naijacutee(f): 10:27pm On Apr 20, 2009
Jarus:

. . .and you think a person with an insane state of head will have a different state of heart.

Of course. . . Your head and your heart are two separate things. Just the same way a sane person can do the right things for the wrong reasons, an insane person can do the wrong things with an innocent heart. Only God know what they would have done had they been of a sound mind, hence only God can judge them fairly. God judges the heart, as our actions are only a result of events which start off in the heart.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Elizza(f): 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2009
We are not meant to judge that. Direct the question to urself and if no man can answer for you, then mad pple can answer that themslves cos everybody knows his/ her deeds.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Jerjens: 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2009
am happi we all agree there is a final destination, the real que is where r we preparing to end up, sane or otherwise
ponder smiley
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by SamMilla1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 20, 2009
Hmm , This is a very serious question that never came to my mind.

Every up is saying 'let God Judge"
Does that simply mean the question is bigger than us.

I wanted to say that God Knows why he made them mad,
but then i believe that human make other humans mad with juju and other evil spirits.

I have no answer to that question for now.
I will see what i can find out from Pastors and Rev. Fathers.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by MaiSuya(m): 11:40pm On Apr 20, 2009
Nobody has attepted to define who a mad person is, you are all just talking. . .  tongue
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PastorAIO: 8:09am On Apr 21, 2009
Mai Suya:

Nobody has attepted to define who a mad person is, you are all just talking. . .  tongue

Thank you!
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Recognise: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2009
Mai Suya:

Nobody has attempted to define who a mad person is, you are all just talking. . .  tongue

@^

Take a pick or mix-and-match

Mentally sick, deranged in mind, not rational, not normal, not sound, not wise, not sensible, not reasonable etc
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by FBS: 9:04am On Apr 21, 2009
Only God knows. This concerns not only mad people but everyone in general.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PastorAIO: 9:05am On Apr 21, 2009
Recognise:

@^

Take a pick or mix-and-match

Mentally sick, deranged in mind, not rational, not normal, not sound, not wise, not sensible, not reasonable etc

Most of those terms above in different combinations describe almost every person I know or have ever met.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If A Member Of Your Church Says "I'm Gay". / Daily Guide - Daily Bible Reading Devotional From Scripture Union Nigeria (SU) / Are You One Of Those That Flogged And Crucified Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.