Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (8734 Views)

Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by dejirule: 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2009
I no know o
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by RIKS(m): 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2009
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by oge4real(f): 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2009
I have not really given that a thought. Guess I have useful things to do with my time.Please can you post this question in th next 50yrs, maybe i wil be chanced to give an answer. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by djcrucifix(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2009
that's a tough one! undecided
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by morpheus24: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2009
The person that open this thread is very STUPID!

If the answer is Yes, what does that do for you?

If the answer is no, How are you going to change that situation?
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PastorAIO: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2009
morpheus24:

The person that open this thread is very STUPID!

If the answer is Yes, what does that do for you?

If the answer is no, How are you going to change that situation?

Actually it is one of the things that have set humans apart from other creatures. The fact that we are able to contemplate abstractions and think about things that don't necessarily have a bearing or advantage to ourselves. Pure contemplation, for it's own sake.

I don't think that the person who started this thread is very stupid, or even any stupid at all. Perhaps your aggression is because you feel threatened that the implications of the questions might shake your beliefs.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PastorAIO: 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2009
oge4real:

I have not really given that a thought. Guess I have useful things to do with my time.Please can you post this question in th next 50yrs, maybe i wil be chanced to give an answer. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No you don't!! You're on Nairaland for Christ's sake!!!
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by morpheus24: 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Actually it is one of the things that have set humans apart from other creatures. The fact that we are able to contemplate abstractions and think about things that don't necessarily have a bearing or advantage to ourselves. Pure contemplation, for it's own sake.

I don't think that the person who started this thread is very stupid, or even any stupid at all. Perhaps your aggression is because you feel threatened that the implications of the questions might shake your beliefs.

Shake my beliefs in indeed? Nonsensical!

Its like asking if people who suffer from Alzheimers are going to heaven or if you pet Dog Snoopy is going to doggy heaven as well.

People who suffer from schizophrenia have a medical condition which are beyond their control. Some patients are far gone than others depending on treatment or therapy. These are the ones society label as mad men. Only self righteous religious morons would ask such daft questions and instead of some of you steering them to the correct questioning which is "What is schrizophrenia, its effects and it symptoms", you are busy endulging them in your so called contemplation of abstract thoughts of the human mind.

How's this for your analysis of abstract thought. I am contemplating that the poster is either very Stupid or extremly Childish, I wonder if they are going to heaven for being so ignorant?
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PastorAIO: 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2009
morpheus24:

How's this for your analysis of abstract thought. I am contemplating that the poster is either very Stupid or extremly Childish, I wonder if they are going to heaven for being so ignorant?

I'm sure there is a Stupid Heaven. And even a Childish Heaven.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by emiemi(f): 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2009
PUZZZLE 101[size=8pt] undecided

So many guys have responded funnily like the lady who wants her bf to go mad grin grin
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by emiemi(f): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2009
Pastor AIO:

My sentiments exactly. We are reasoning beings and not animals who can't think what
their end will become (pot of soup maybe). So dear morpheus, think and tell us what you
think.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by morpheus24: 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2009
emiemi:

My sentiments exactly. We are reasoning beings and not animals who can't think what
their end will become (pot of soup maybe). So dear morpheus, think and tell us what you
think.

Dear emiemi, READ!

I already told you what I think.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by ayobase(m): 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2009
I thing God should sign
up in this forum to answer
that question!!

God is the omniscience!!
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by banom(m): 6:24pm On Apr 21, 2009
morpheus24:

Shake my beliefs in indeed? Nonsensical!

Its like asking if people who suffer from Alzheimers are going to heaven or if you pet Dog Snoopy is going to doggy heaven as well.

People who suffer from schizophrenia have a medical condition which are beyond their control. Some patients are far gone than others depending on treatment or therapy. These are the ones society label as mad men. Only self righteous religious morons would ask such daft questions and instead of some of you steering them to the correct questioning which is "What is schrizophrenia, its effects and it symptoms", you are busy endulging them in your so called contemplation of abstract thoughts of the human mind.

You got it a bit wrong, i am neighter stupid nor Childish, I AM MAD. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin : shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin cry cry undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked embarassed
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by mazaje(m): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2009
@Mazaje
How are you so sure about other people's consciousness.  Like, how do you know that a child's consciousness increases with time, or that consciousness is even subject to increase or decrease?

Or that the person in a coma lacks consciousness?

its a fact that our consciousness increases with time, the level of awareness and consciousness of a 4 year old is not the same as that of a 32 year old educated man. . . .the 32 year old educatd man is more aware of his environment and is able to make better judgements because of that. . .will a 4 year old dead baby suddenly appear in heaven or hell when he/she dies with the same consiousness and awareness level like that of a 32 year old man? what about physical body size? a person in coma lacks consciousness that is why such s person is said to be unconscious. . . . the propanents of heaven and hell are yet to prove to us beyond reasonable doubt that there is a part of human consciousness that survives bodily death.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Ascony(m): 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2009
Mad people neither go 2 heaven nor hell because there's no heaven and there is no hell.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by morpheus24: 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2009
banom:

You got it a bit wrong, i am neighter stupid nor Childish, I AM MAD. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin : shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin cry cry undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked embarassed

You are right. Abstract thought processes can be diagnosed sometimes as the beginning of madness.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PurestBoy(m): 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
@Igwe1

What Chidi?
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Igwe9(m): 11:31pm On Apr 21, 2009
@ purestboy
Chidi (Civil Engineer) smiley smiley
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by lekanakel(m): 8:42am On Apr 22, 2009
Some mad people will go to heaven and some will go to hell!

A person will be judged for what he does consciously. The mad ones will be judged according to what they did when they were sane. ( Pen* has been raised for three sets of people:
i. a sleeping/unconscious person until he wakes up or becomes conscious;
ii. an insane person until he becomes sane; and
iii. a child until he know right from wrong.)

*The pen here means  the writing of their bad deeds.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Horus(m): 9:36am On Apr 22, 2009
Hell is a fabrication. The concept of hell is something that was created in the hearts and minds of the authors of your Bible and Koran. Before you were informed of what and where hell was, it never crossed your mind to even think about it. So, within the pages of your scriptures hell was born. Just as a God could not exist without the devil, heaven could not exist if there wasn’t a hell. So where did hell come from? It didn’t exist in Adam’s, Noah’s, nor Abraham’s time. It is something that was fabricated so that they could capitalize off of your fear.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 9:46am On Apr 22, 2009
@naijacutee, how can u say your head and your heart are different? The brain controls your sub conciour,faculties and your thoughts,the 'heart' refers to your thoughts and thinking faculties,so if your brain is 4kd up,ur faculties re gone.then how culd u be held responsible 4 ur actions.lyk schizophrenics who hallucinate nd kill pple thinking they're protecting them.

@at purestboy-who told you smoking is a sin? Can u show me where in d bible it says dnt smoke, smoking started becoming 'sin' when it was discovrd it kills,by the way doz who smokd b4 d effects of tobacco was discovrd re they sinners?
Note that so many things dat kill re being taken even by your pastor,yet it's not sin, e.g caffeine in coffee,coke.even fast food kills.greenhouse gases 4rm cars n generators re killing pple,yet its no sin.GUY,DNT BE DECIEVED,U HAVE A RIGHT TO ENJOYMENT.SMOKE!
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 9:48am On Apr 22, 2009
@naijacutee, how can u say your head and your heart are different? The brain controls your sub conciour,faculties and your thoughts,the 'heart' refers to your thoughts and thinking faculties,so if your brain is 4kd up,ur faculties re gone.then how culd u be held responsible 4 ur actions.lyk schizophrenics who hallucinate nd kill pple thinking they're protecting them.

@at purestboy-who told you smoking is a sin? Can u show me where in d bible it says dnt smoke, smoking started becoming 'sin' when it was discovrd it kills,by the way doz who smokd b4 d effects of tobacco was discovrd re they sinners?
Note that so many things dat kill re being taken even by your pastor,yet it's not sin, e.g caffeine in coffee,coke.even fast food kills.greenhouse gases 4rm cars n generators re killing pple,yet its no sin.GUY,DNT BE DECIEVED,U HAVE A RIGHT TO ENJOYMENT.SMOKE!
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by amaikama(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2009
@poster!! well, it all depends on the angle of his madness. God never created madness only cause someone to be mad and that person is cain in the Bible. That how madness came into our lives.

Now to anwer your question correctly. if like you for example now, all grown up, knowing right and wrong and i made you to be mad. authomatically you will first of all go to hell for your sins that you have committed before i made you mad. After serving your sentence in hell, God now will look at your condition to see if you warrant been release from hell to enjoy enternal glory through Christ Jesus but if not, your conditon of been mad is a double punishment. serving both madness and hell all together. grin

On the other hand, if you are born mad and you die been mad. heaven will be your home till enternity but who is it that was born mad grin

I believe i serve your curiosity. grin
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by banom(m): 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2009
amaikama:

@poster!! well, it all depends on the angle of his madness. God never created madness only cause someone to be mad and that person is cain in the Bible. That how madness came into our lives.

Now to anwer your question correctly. if like you for example now, all grown up, knowing right and wrong and i made you to be mad. authomatically you will first of all go to hell for your sins that you have committed before i made you mad. After serving your sentence in hell, God now will look at your condition to see if you warrant been release from hell to enjoy enternal glory through Christ Jesus but if not, your conditon of been mad is a double punishment. serving both madness and hell all together. grin

On the other hand, if you are born mad and you die been mad. heaven will be your home till enternity but who is it that was born mad grin

I believe i serve your curiosity. grin

Oboy, did you say you will make me mad ?
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by amaikama(m): 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2009
@banom!! u dey fear grin
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by banom(m): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2009
amaikama:

@banom!! u dey fear grin

Me fear you ? hmm, may be you dont know who you are dealing with, i will invite my master OKIJA_JUJU, to teach you a bitter lesson for saying that you will make me mad , We will see who will first run mad.
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by amaikama(m): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2009
Banom don dey fear grin grin grin grin so dey powerful like dis. well shay, as per say u be my broda, no fear. i get u covered grin cheesy wink
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by tudor(m): 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2009
@amaikama- so hell is like a prison,after u serve your sentence u'll be considerd 4 parole by God?na wah o! Dis is the first i've heard of dis
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Lady2(f): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2009
the structure and function of human consciousness allowed for no survival of human consciousness of bodily death. I say this because the proponents of heaven and hell, begin to talk about heaven or hell which are at the core of christianity and islam,they must first overcome the arguments as to the extreme unlikelihood of survival after death in the first place. we know that a child's consciousness increases with time, so will a 5 year old boy who died in this world wake up as an adult in heaven? will a child who was born with mental illness and lost consciousness of his environment suddenly become conscious when he dies? i watch a documentary on the discovery world where a guy had an accident when he was 7 and became brain dead till he died at the age of 32, will he suddenly become aware of his environments in either heaven or hell? as i aforementioned the structure and function of the human consciousness does not allow for survival of human consciousness after bodily death those that keep talking about heaven and hell are yet to prove to us beyond reasonable doubt that there is a part of human consciousness that survives bodily death. . . . .all we are left with are different conjectures, myths, false assumptions and lies. . . . . .

You ask a question based on the assumption that christianity believes the human consciousness will continue or that a person is still human after death. Make sure that this a christian belief first. Humanity is matter, after death the soul is no longer confined to matter, and therefore not human. So how can a not human continue to have human consciousness?
You made an argument that the human structure does not allow for human consciousness. One you didn't provide us with more evidence of this, I am not saying that it isn't true, I am only saying try to back up statements.
If there ever was an experiment carried out to prove your assertion, and if that experiment was to prove that there isn't an existence of after life, that experiment failed to realise that it is based soley on matter and not on spiritual forms. Did this experiment take into consideration spiritual forms. You cannot use matter to experiment and explain things that are not matter.

also about the 5 yr old boy who dies i will research more on that and get back to you
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by banom(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2009
amaikama:

Banom don dey fear grin grin grin grin so dey powerful like dis. well shay, as per say u be my broda, no fear. i get u covered grin cheesy wink

Oh, because you have heard of OKIJA_JUJU, you are now scared, i am not taking your apology, OKIJA_JUJU must hear this,
Re: Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? by banom(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2009
@ ~lady~

Are you the person on that pics on your profile ? i feel you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If A Member Of Your Church Says "I'm Gay". / Daily Guide - Daily Bible Reading Devotional From Scripture Union Nigeria (SU) / Are You One Of Those That Flogged And Crucified Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.