Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? (22261 Views)

God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? / Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
menesheh:

i cant imagine you wasting such precious time arguing with a obstinate person. the guy is cunningly trapping you into lecturing him what he should pay for by arguing ignorantly.

Am not sure if he is competent enough to teach in a nursery school sad
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Krystalzkris(f): 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
jiggaz:
Lemme explain bro.... God doesn't threaten His creations and there is nothing like He feeds off people's belief. It is for our own good.

In the beginning, God created man ( Adam ) and put him in a beautiful garden called Eden. Adam was created perfect and in the image of God. But when Satan deceived Adam by making him to eat the forbidden fruit, Sin now came into the world and God's perfect Creation was made imperfect.

And for man to be redeemed of sin, an atonement or a Perfect sacrifice need to be made. And in the whole universe, no one was found worthy of this perfect sacrifice except Jesus CHRIST. So he had to come and die for the sins of mankind. It is God's love for man that He send His son to die for us. Had it being that God does not like man, He would have destroyed man for his disobedience. But due to his perfect love for man, He had to send CHRIST.

By the death and RESURRECTION of CHRIST, mankind was saved and SIN destroyed but all you have to do is to receive Jesus CHRIST as your Lord and Personal Saviour and the Holy Spirit will now dwell in you. You are then automatically a child of God and saved from damnation of Hell. Hell fire is a place prepared for Satan and his demons ( fallen angels ).

So you see my brother, God is not threatening anyone of Hell but His wish is dat all come to Him through CHRIST. But one thing dat God cannot do is this..... God cannot force you to do anything against your will and datz why He gave us freewill.

So you see, i am not forcing you or anyone to receive CHRIST, it is your choice to make. You are free to believe in whatever you believe. Its just dat we need to be thinking of where to spend our Eternity after this life.
why did he not just get rid of satan and his demons in the first place since he so loved mankind... And what other evidence apart from the bible do you have to validate the existence of an afterlife..

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
hahn:

@bolded, neither has Christianity or any other religion for that matter. It is safe to say "we don't know".

No no . Christianity on the genesis of life says its God and its obdurate about it - a final answer

But science is yet to give its final answer only propositions/theories/hypotheses .

Is it right to assert that Christianity's answer is unreliable because it is obdurate about its answer seeing that science has no final answer ?

So Hahn , the response I need is :

1. Yes, its right

2. No, its not right let science produce its final answer first
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by trapQ: 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2015
"CREDIBLE" miracles I said. And hey, this has nothing to do with mind reading. And since you didn't answer my question, it means you obviously don't want "first hand proof"... GOD reveals himself to all those who diligently seek him. Believe it or not!!

Bye!!!
Antiparticle:
Since you are such a great mind reader, you shouldn't need to ask me any questions as you would already know what I think. I'm glad you at least know I'll refute any specious miracles though... you are on the right track. smiley
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by hahn(m): 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

No no . Christianity on the genesis of life says its God and its obdurate about it - a final answer

But science is yet to give its final answer only propositions/theories/hypotheses .

Is it right to assert that Christianity's answer is unreliable because it is obdurate about its answer seeing that science has no final answer ?

So Hahn , the response I need is :

1. Yes, its right

2. No, its not right let science produce its final answer first

@bolded, this is not a fact. 42,000 other religions say so.

Yes, it is right to be seen as so because Christianity's answer isn't a fact.

And I believe that's what johnnydon22 is trying to point out when he asks

Which is better; Science that agrees it doesn't have answers and is working towards knowing

or religion

that insists its dogmas must be taken as truth...?

At least science is honest about it because it is agreed that "we don't know" as opposed to religion, not just Christianity, that passes it's assumption as a fact. So, answer the question. Which is better, science or religion?

And please, don't reply my question with another question. Just give a straight answer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by trapQ: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
The fact that there are millions of testimonies of people from all walks of life is actually an evidence. besides when you begin to grow(spiritually) as a christian, GOD starts revealing things to you, like angels etc. So when we say JESUS is alive, we say what we mean and mean what we say
Krystalzkris:
why did he not just get rid of satan and his demons in the first place since he so loved mankind... And what other evidence apart from the bible do you have to validate the existence of an afterlife..
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by trapQ: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
The fact that there are millions of testimonies of people from all walks of life is actually an evidence. besides when you begin to grow(spiritually) as a christian, GOD starts revealing things to you, like angels etc. So when we say JESUS is alive, we say what we mean and mean what we say.
Krystalzkris:
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
hahn:

@bolded, this is not a fact. 42,000 other religions say so.

There are close to 5,000 religions with very few acknowledging a supreme being as a creator. Do they worship you in the other 37 ,000 grin

Just asking

Yes, it is right to be seen as so because Christianity's answer isn't a fact.

Until otherwise proven when science brings its final answer

And I believe that's what johnnydon22 is trying to point out when he asks

You are clearly being hypocritical

At least science is honest about it because it is agreed that "we don't know" as opposed to religion, not just Christianity, that passes it's assumption as a fact. So, answer the question. Which is better, science or religion?

Christianity preaches that we should love our parents and show them respect , love one another but science has no say in that . Is Christianity better than science ?

And please, don't reply my question with another question. Just give a straight answer

I was wrong asking an atheist , an agnostic nairalander would make a better judgement
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by hahn(m): 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There are close to 5,000 religions with very few acknowledging a supreme being as a creator. Do they worship you in the other 37 ,000 grin

Just asking

Until otherwise proven when science brings its final answer

You are clearly being hypocritical

Christianity preaches that we should love our parents and show them respect , love one another but science has no say in that . Is Christianity better than science ?

I was wrong asking an atheist , an agnostic nairalander would make a better judgement

If you can't give a direct answer don't expect one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Krystalzkris(f): 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
trapQ:
The fact that there are millions of testimonies of people from all walks of life is actually an evidence. besides when you begin to grow(spiritually) as a christian, GOD starts revealing things to you, like angels etc. So when we say JESUS is alive, we say what we mean and mean what we say.
lol... Testimonies indeed.. Have u experienced any of these miracles or is it just stories others told?

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
hahn:

If you can't give a direct answer don't expect one

wink wink wink
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
Krystalzkris:
lol... Testimonies indeed.. Have u experienced any of these miracles or is it just stories others told?

Sorry for intruding ... I have actually . So please , can you ask me questions
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Chizzled06(m): 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
jiggaz:
Lemme explain bro.... God doesn't threaten His creations and there is nothing like He feeds off people's belief. It is for our own good.

In the beginning, God created man ( Adam ) and put him in a beautiful garden called Eden. Adam was created perfect and in the image of God. But when Satan deceived Adam by making him to eat the forbidden fruit, Sin now came into the world and God's perfect Creation was made imperfect.

And for man to be redeemed of sin, an atonement or a Perfect sacrifice need to be made. And in the whole universe, no one was found worthy of this perfect sacrifice except Jesus CHRIST. So he had to come and die for the sins of mankind. It is God's love for man that He send His son to die for us. Had it being that God does not like man, He would have destroyed man for his disobedience. But due to his perfect love for man, He had to send CHRIST.

By the death and RESURRECTION of CHRIST, mankind was saved and SIN destroyed but all you have to do is to receive Jesus CHRIST as your Lord and Personal Saviour and the Holy Spirit will now dwell in you. You are then automatically a child of God and saved from damnation of Hell. Hell fire is a place prepared for Satan and his demons ( fallen angels ).

So you see my brother, God is not threatening anyone of Hell but His wish is dat all come to Him through CHRIST. But one thing dat God cannot do is this..... God cannot force you to do anything against your will and datz why He gave us freewill.

So you see, i am not forcing you or anyone to receive CHRIST, it is your choice to make. You are free to believe in whatever you believe. Its just dat we need to be thinking of where to spend our Eternity after this life.

But God knows the future. Which means God knew Adam would disobey. Which means God knew man would never live forever in Eden.
So God is just a (bored) dude, making creatures and watching them do things he already knows they'll do, before putting them in an eternal flame.
Makes sense.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Krystalzkris(f): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Sorry for intruding ... I have actually . So please , can you ask me questions
oh really??
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
Krystalzkris:
share ur story with evidence

KingEbukasBlog:

1.I prayed to God to heal my badly swollen twisted ankle in my 200L and He did

2.Prayers were made to God about my nightmares when I was 10 or so . From that evening to the prayer was made till now , Ive never had those nightmares

3.For 4 yrs I did pray for God to give me the best room mates and He never failed me

4. I was once down with fever - JS3 or so - and my mum prayed for me and instantly the fever disappeared

5. When I was a baby I smashed my head against the metal gate of our old house . According to my mum , she saw my left eye or so was really red , the affected area was an obnoxious sight to behold . She like threw away her face in grief and turned seconds later to take a look at it again and the whole thing was gone . No red eye , no injuries , my face , my head were plain smooth . I cant remember her even saying she said a word of prayer .

Etc etc etc . I could go on all day . My life is a testimony

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Krystalzkris(f): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

oh this is so laughable...

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Krystalzkris(f): 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

oh this is so laughable... This is just stuff that can happen without any interference of any spirit..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
Krystalzkris:
oh this is so laughable... This is just stuff that can happen without any interference of any spirit..

show me how

@ Krystalzkris -- one by one
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Chizzled06(m): 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
Every child is born an Atheist.

Until you start feeding them lies.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
Chizzled06:
Every child is born an Atheist.

Until you start feeding them lies.

Atheism is the unbelief in /lack of belief in / denial of the existence of God/gods

A newborn does not posses the ability or power to believe or disbelieve/deny the existence of God/gods
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Chizzled06(m): 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is the unbelief in /lack of belief in / denial of the existence of God/gods

A newborn does not posses the ability or power to believe or disbelieve/deny the existence of God/gods

A newborn does not believe in any Gods. If you don't feed he/she any doctrines, they'll grow up not believing in any Gods.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So where exactly did people assert God in comprehending any physical phenomena ?

Even presently - science has provided answers to these physical phenomena - why do you think scientists still believe in God ?
Sh*t! What are you talking about? For example, Yoruba people accept Shango as a god of thunder because they have no understanding of how lightening and thunder as a physical phenomenon works. I hope this will make a lot of sense to you regarding how primitive people created God.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by bstringz(m): 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
You see why many of atheists don't know God is because you haven't any real effort devoid of doubt or skepticism.

Someone asked why God cast Satan down on earth why not other planets. So I wanna agree that you don't believe in creation. So lemme use the evolutionists theory. Why did you evolve on earth? Why haven't other humans be heard of evolving on Mars or Jupiter? Well I believe earth is still the only planet that fully supports life. Like I would say go and read Genesis and you would see the original intention of God was a life devoid of evil, struggle and Satan. God didn't cast down Satan on earth so you could be tried by him, no.God has given you power over Satan. Satan for now owns the earth till Jesus returns to claim it back for himself. God created the universe but he didn't create everything for habitation by beings(spirit, man, animals) he created some of them just to show us his majestic power.

When you say God sacrificed himself to himself and all that, it's just a deliberate effort to make it sound stupid, well I have nothing to say there cause it only takes a believer to understand the concept of the trinity of God
That's why the truth still remains that logic and spirituality doesn't co-exist. Not just Christianity, the spiritual breaks all logic. When you come to an understanding of what the term "God" means then you would understand that God can do anything that's why people who still argue over the immaculate conception hasn't still understood that God can do anything and everything that's why his word says that with God ALL things are possible

Atheists need to understand that, but then they don't even believe in God sef let alone that verse of the bible.

What every atheist needs to do is SITDOWN and really do some soul searching. Why don't you just give God a try since most of you all ready claim to be moral and I believe u are. Unless you just wanna live a life that you know is not what God demands hence you use atheism as escapism from morality
If your really sincere then search for The true God. Even as a Christian I wouldn't tell u not to search the Koran, Torah or other religious books, please do,search for The one true God with sincerity and patience and I pray u wud be directed to the right path

After all what have you got to lose? Nothing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

A newborn does not believe in any Gods.

I just disproved that . Babies are just there

If don't feed he/she any doctrines, they'll grow up not believing in any Gods.

He/she will probe his/her existence when the time comes by trying to find answers to the reason/purpose/origin for his/her existence/ a good lifestyle/existence of other living things . He/she begins to ask for reason to have good morals and all .
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
all4naija:

Sh*t! What are you talking about? For example, Yoruba people accept Shango as a god of thunder because they have no understanding of who lightening and thunder as a physical phenomenon work. I hope this will make a lot of sense to you regarding how primitive people created God.

You know I'm a Christian right ? So ask me questions pertaining to Christianity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You know I'm a Christian right ? So ask me questions pertaining to Christianity
I don't have anything to ask you because Christianity is also a religion that came through the same believe in a God.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Krystalzkris(f): 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

firstly,about ur swollen ankle.. I had a similar injury in my two legs last december.. I didnt apply any medication and no prayers too.. The injury healed by itself..
Secondly,about your nightmares... I had been experiencing nightmares too and it stopped on its own..
Thirdly,the one about praying for good roommates,I have the coolest and sweetest roomies ever(forgive my exaggeration but that's what they are)and i really do not see the miracle in that..
Fourthly,i was ill last month,I almost lost it,but i still recovered..
Lastly,you expect me to believe that story of your swollen eye disappearing within a blink of an eye? Am not that gullible...
All my stories are similar to yours,now tell me the miracle in them.. Countless things like this happen everyday to different people and i guess you would want to tell me they are miracles.. You did not succeed in proving the existence of any miracle... Byebye.. I dont have any business with you again..@KingEbukasblog

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Chizzled06(m): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I just disproved that . Babies are just there

He/she will probe his/her existence when the time comes by trying to find answers to the reason/purpose/origin for his/her existence/ a good lifestyle/existence of other living things . He/she begins to ask for reason to have good morals and all .

Which reiterates my point. Without indoctrination, every child will live and die without believing in any organised religion. You are living someone else's fantasy creation.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Antiparticle(m): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
Bros, if Christianity had any correlation with morality Nigeria would today be a very prosperous country. You are also implying that not believing in the existence of Yahweh is due to a desire escape from morality? While your statements may come out of good intentions, I think you need to educate yourself on world history over the past 2,000 years in order to disabuse yourself of the notion that Christianity and morality are synonymous.

Also, you propose that atheists don't know God because they haven't made any real effort devoid of doubt and skepticism. What do you propose? Humans should follow what the Bible says without asking any questions? So, tell me, why aren't you a Muslim or Sango worshipper? You obviously aren't a Muslim or Sango worshipper because you are doubtful and skeptical about it (to put it lightly). I hope that you realize that you, also, are atheist towards all other world deities/religions outside of Christianity.

Make better arguments bro if you want anyone on here to listen to you. No offense intended.

bstringz:
You see why many of atheists don't know God is because you haven't any real effort devoid of doubt or skepticism.
What every atheist needs to do is SITDOWN and really do some soul searching. Why don't you just give God a try since most of you all ready claim to be moral and I believe u are. Unless you just wanna live a life that you know is not what God demands hence you use atheism as escapism from morality
After all what have you got to lose? Nothing.

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
Krystalzkris:
firstly,about ur swollen ankle.. I had a similar injury in my two legs last december.. I didnt apply any medication and no prayers too.. The injury healed by itself..

I'm a really big guy . I weighed close to 90 kg in my 200L . Now consider this : I jumped with a weight of close to 90kg from the top of the stairs to the bottom and landed with my ankle when childishly goofing around with a floor mate of mine . My ankle twisted - a horrific injury .

You have brain that decided to gain the ability for imaginations on its own , use it to understand my story

It takes from 6 months to 1 -2 years to heal . Mine took 1 month and 2 weeks . In fact I resumed lectures 3 weeks and some days after the injury. All this made possible through constant prayers . Thank God

Secondly,about your nightmares... I had been experiencing nightmares too and it stopped on its own..

Mine stopped that very night .The prayers were offered in the evening by the house care member at that time .

Thirdly,the one about praying for good roommates,I have the coolest and sweetest roomies ever(forgive my exaggeration but that's what they are)and i really do not see the miracle in that..

You are forgetting that I got what I asked for . 4 times smiley

Fourthly,i was ill last month,I almost lost it,but i still recovered..

Mine was at that instance/moment the prayer was offered
Lastly,you expect me to believe that story of your
swollen eye disappearing within a blink of an eye? Am not that gullible...

You should ask yourself what my personal gain is for lying . And why I keeping deceiving myself . Actually , I don't care if you believe it or not . I just want you to prove they aint miracles

All my stories are similar to yours

I believe you

now tell me the miracle in them.. Countless things like this happen everyday to different people and i guess you would want to tell me they are miracles..

The body has the propensity to heal wounds/injuries is not evident enough that it was designed by a creator ?

You did not succeed in proving the existence of any miracle... Byebye.. I dont have any business with you again..@KingEbukasblog

I smell cowardice . Anyway it was expected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

Which reiterates my point. Without indoctrination, every child will live and die without believing in any organised religion. You are living someone else's fantasy creation.

That does not being they are atheists .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Antiparticle(m): 11:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
1.I prayed to God to heal my badly swollen twisted ankle in my 200L and He did
lwkmd! Without prayers, most people's badly swollen twisted ankles go away; these are control experiments that challenge your claim. Your miracle claim falls flat when placed beside control experiments that didn't require prayer.

KingEbukasBlog:
2.Prayers were made to God about my nightmares when I was 10 or so . From that evening to the prayer was made till now , Ive never had those nightmares
Other people have had nightmares that have stopped without prayers or any intervention; your claim falls flat again beside these control experiments.

KingEbukasBlog:
3.For 4 yrs I did pray for God to give me the best room mates and He never failed me
So only praying Christians consistently get the best roommates? Claim falls flat again beside control experiments.

KingEbukasBlog:
4. I was once down with fever - JS3 or so - and my mum prayed for me and instantly the fever disappeared
I question your use of the term "instantly". Did you feel better psychologically or you are saying your body temperature instantly dropped by over two degrees!? If it is the latter, did you measure your body temperature to confirm? Hope you know that the definition of fever is tied to body temperature. If it is the former, then once again your claim falls flat beside control experiments of ill non-theist people who feel better because of the presence of a loved one.

KingEbukasBlog:
5. When I was a baby I smashed my head against the metal gate of our old house . According to my mum , she saw my left eye or so was really red , the affected area was an obnoxious sight to behold . She like threw away her face in grief and turned seconds later to take a look at it again and the whole thing was gone . No red eye , no injuries , my face , my head were plain smooth . I cant remember her even saying she said a word of prayer.
Lol. Of course your face/body can get red and then turn normal again seconds later; this happens to non-theists too. This happens to both Christians and non-Christians, so your claim once again falls flat beside control experiments. I can't understand how you would say this is a miracle.

All your "miracles" are specious bro, and too easy to debunk. Please tell us more plausible stories about miracles na.

ok @trapQ, I want to hear about your miracles too. Please don't send me some online link... just tell us here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: I Don't Reply My Enemies Because Of This... / [Thread Updated daily] Bible Study/devotionals? Click Here / My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.