Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? (2414 Views)

So What Is Biafra's Exit Plan? / I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? / This Month Is Biafra Month- Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by ezeagu(m): 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
Apart from the name Biafra having absolutely no value in any language in the general south east of Nigeria, I'm still confused as to where the majority of pro-Biafrans believe Biafra to be or better yet the lands they claim are part of a proposed Biafra.

Personally, I'm against the creating of this microcosm of Nigeria called "Biafra" without any evidence of a clear plan for the upliftment of its proposed peopling. Apart from that, different Biafra groups are claiming 'Biafra' to just be Igboland, others are saying Biafra even includes Igala and Idoma people. Do the Igala and Idoma people even know what Biafra is talkless of whether they are part of it? And if it's Igboland, where is Igboland? Who does it include?

So I ask, where and what on earth is Biafra? And if successful nations can usually be described as a people of a particular culture who speak a particular language, like Spanish people of Spain speak Spanish, German people of Germany speak German, English people of England speak English, then what do the Biafran people speak? The Biafran language?

1 Like

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by bobbydbobo: 6:53pm On Sep 30, 2015

Not trying to derail the thread or something. I hate to comment on tribal talks. Also I do not comment just anyhow. But I must say, that now I know the spirit that enters people when they happen to be first to comment. U may tag this an irresponsible talk today, but u will say these words in a different way tomorrow when ure first to comment.

So as they say, FTC!! I dedicate it to the North, South ,East and West of Nigeria. And to the beautiful Virgins in the sky waiting to get rolled over by some terrorists.
Lastly, u can hate me for it, but, SAI BABA, SAI BUHARI.
THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS U ALL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by cremedelacreme: 6:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
Crap!
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by Princecalm(m): 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:
Apart from the name Biafra having absolutely no value in any language in the general south east of Nigeria, I'm still confused as to where the majority of pro-Biafrans believe Biafra to be or better yet the lands they claim are part of a proposed Biafra.

Personally, I'm against the creating of this microcosm of Nigeria called "Biafra" without any evidence of a clear plan for the upliftment of its proposed peopling. Apart from that, different Biafra groups are claiming 'Biafra' to just be Igboland, others are saying Biafra even includes Igala and Idoma people. Do the Igala and Idoma people even know what Biafra is talkless of wether they are part of it? And if it's Igboland, where is Igboland? Who does it include?

So I ask, where and what on earth is Biafra? And if successful nations can usually be described as a people of a particular culture who speak a particular language, like Spanish people of Spain speak Spanish, German people of Germany speak German, English people of England speak English, then what do the Biafran people speak? The Biafran language?

you were making sense before you reached the border, you really got it wrong there
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by cremedelacreme: 6:59pm On Sep 30, 2015

Guy your logic is flawed. Do Nigerian people of Nigeria speak Nigerian?

8 Likes

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by ezeagu(m): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
Princecalm:

you were making sense before you reached the border, you really got it wrong there

Well, if you explain yourself I can actually know what you mean.

cremedelacreme:
Guy your logic is flawed. Do Nigerian people of Nigeria speak Nigerian?

That's not how you defend your point.

1 Like

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by ezeagu(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
cremedelacreme:
Crap!

Is this how you guys are going argue at the UN?

1 Like

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by jaymichael(m): 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
BIAFRA is inside the water, not just LAGOON o, inside the OCEAN. Oba Akiolu know the place sef.
http://www.britannica.com/place/Bight-of-Biafra
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by Princecalm(m): 7:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

Well, if you explain yourself I can actually know what you mean.

I was trying to tell you I do a does not have any link with Biafra
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by ezeagu(m): 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
Princecalm:

I was trying to tell you I do a does not have any link with Biafra

Sorry?

1 Like

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by onenaira3: 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
Biafra is biafra. It's includes igboland be it in SS and SE. Biafra will not force any group or person to join and if you, ezeagu, don't ever to join, you can stay in one Nigeria..no problem but best believe no part of igboland is staying in that one Nigeria so you have to pack your bags and head to any part of one Nigeria and call it your home.

7 Likes

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by ezeagu(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
onenaira3:
Biafra is biafra. It's includes igboland be it in SS and SE. Biafra will not force any group or person to join and if you, ezeagu, don't ever to join, you can stay in one Nigeria..no problem but best believe no part of igboland is staying in that one Nigeria so you have to pack your bags and head to any part of one Nigeria and call it your home.

So Biafra is an Igbo thing? Why are there groups talking about Idoma, Igala, and Igede and others who have never had anything to do with Biafra?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by Princecalm(m): 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

Sorry?
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by Princecalm(m): 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

Sorry?

for your self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by Sveen: 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2015
A secessionist agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by ezeagu(m): 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2015
Princecalm:

for your self

Guy, you're making absolutely no sense.

1 Like

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by onenaira3: 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

So Biafra is an Igbo thing? Why are there groups talking about Idoma, Igala, and Igede and others who have never had anything to do with Biafra?

Whoever is talking about igede and coo is a buf00n simple. Most of the people on NL taking about biafra have little to zero idea the content of Biafra just joining in the bad wagon to talk. The only idoma or igala involved in biafra are the ones found in Enugu and Anambra. And similar to what I said, no part of igboland is staying in one Nigeria. If they don't like Biafra, they can equally pack their bags and head to middle belt where they came from...no wahalla and End of story.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by Princecalm(m): 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

Guy, you're making absolutely no sense.

look... . you know nothing about the Idomas and Igede
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by ezeagu(m): 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
onenaira3:

Whoever is talking about igede and coo is a buf00n simple. Most of the people on NL taking about biafra have little to zero idea the content of Biafra just joining in the bad wagon to talk. The only idoma or igala involved in biafra are the ones found in Enugu and Anambra. And similar to what I said, no part of igboland is staying in one Nigeria. If they don't like Biafra, they can equally pack their bags and heard to middle belt where they came from...no wahalla and End of story.

But it's IPOB, the front runner of this 'Biafra' movement, who are claiming Igede, "Isobo" (Urhobo/Isoko), Igala "Igbo-Nta" (Ibibio) and Itsekiri because "their names start with I and they wear two piece wrapper". Is that not a joke?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by ezeagu(m): 7:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
Princecalm:

look... . you know nothing about the Idomas and Igede

What are you trying to say? Just write it in plain English, please.
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by Princecalm(m): 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

What are you trying to say? Just write it in plain English, please.

he he he, you made little or no research on the gibberish you posted up there.
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by onenaira3: 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

But it's IPOB, the front runner of this 'Biafra' movement, who are claiming Igede, "Isobo" (Urhobo/Isoko), Igala "Igbo-Nta" (Ibibio) and Itsekiri because "their names start with I and they wear two piece wrapper". Is that not a joke?

The fact you included iteskiri and urhobo/isoko shows you actually don't know nor listen to IPOB or even Massob ideology. The only group you actually included in their that is included in Biafra is Ibibio and that's because ipob has a significant number of members that are ibibio. A perfect example is my best friend who is not an ipob yet (he's on the process of getting ipob membership) but he is one of the biggest biafran agitator and sirpporter I know at least in my own neck of the wood. Me personally, I'm against non Igbo joining Biafra hence my point of Biafra focuses on just Igbo land alone.

4 Likes

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by tsdarkside(m): 7:47pm On Sep 30, 2015
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!.....i pity this biafrauds.... grin grin grin grin.......the op is right........come,explain to us what you are about.......hahahaha.... grin grin grin
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by ezeagu(m): 7:47pm On Sep 30, 2015
onenaira3:

The fact you included iteskiri and urhobo/isoko shows you actually don't know nor listen to IPOB or even Massob ideology. The only group you actually included in their that is included in Biafra is Ibibio and that's because ipob has a significant number of members that are ibibio. A perfect example is my best friend who is not an ipob yet (he's on the process of getting ipob membership) but he is one of the biggest biafran agitator and sirpporter I know at least in my own neck of the wood. Me personally, I'm against non Igbo joining Biafra hence my point of Biafra focuses on just Igbo land alone.

I have definitely seen where Urhobo and basically everyone surrounding the Igbo people have been lumped together in this Biafra thing by IPOB coupled with the rejection and rain of curses from the supposed groups. It's embarrassing and annoying. The best ways people successfully secede is when they can succinctly describe the group that wants to secede, hence the Igbo people who speak Igbo want their own country for their nations. I've even heard IPOB people saying Igbo is not a nation and that everyone from Itsekiri to Ijaw migrated from Aguleri. Why even keep the name "Biafra" then if this is an Igbo thing. "Biafra" has no clear meaning and was used by Europeans to mark a particular part of Africa for trading and slaves.

1 Like

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by amakasul(f): 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

Personally, I'm against the creating of this microcosm of Nigeria called "Biafra" without any evidence of a clear plan for the upliftment of its proposed peopling. Apart from that, different Biafra groups are claiming 'Biafra' to just be Igboland, others are saying Biafra even includes Igala and Idoma people. Do the Igala and Idoma people even know what Biafra is talkless of whether they are part of it? And if it's Igboland, where is Igboland? Who does it include?

One thing for sure, Idoma and Igala have nothing to do with Biafra. In fact, they will take up arms to defend the integrity of Nigeria against any rebellious tribes; for example, like the Ibos anytime and any day! They did so massively during the Biafran War! So, count them out!

1 Like

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by tsdarkside(m): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

Sorry?

yea,,,,ididnt understand too.....sorry??.....bwahahaahaha.....i cant stop laughing,i am even crying the same time,,,bwahahahahahahah.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by xmich(m): 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

The bolded showed how stupid you are,
As a Nigerian which language do you speak OLODO

make I open thread say others they open na imm go kill some people for nairaland,Yerro baa bigot you they answer ezeagu think say we no know you

1 Like

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by tsdarkside(m): 7:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
onenaira3:

we shall see,if you wont force anybody,in the last civil war you did force others.....
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by tsdarkside(m): 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

what?? if i hear sey Urhobo/Isoko,,,i am Urhobo/Isoko...my parents never told me anything,about no igbos or even biafra,even...........

forget Itsekiri too..Itsekiri is related to Urhobo/Isoko.....the rest,i dont know.....
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
onenaira3:

Stop replying that dunce. You are making him feel relevant. Silent is the best answer for a fool.

1 Like

Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
OP, what happened to your tongue?

It is Biafra and not BIAFRA...

where did you see Biafra?
Re: Where / What On Earth Is Biafra? by Abagworo(m): 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
ezeagu:

Biafra of 1967 to 1970 was a war of survival which was won and lost but Biafra of 2015 is a Jonathanian Igbo supporters thing consisting of strictly those who are mourning Jonathan's deserved loss. Notice that all Igbos that voted Buhari are very happy and cheerful while those who threatened hell are crying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Few Days From Now, Your ATM Will Be Useless Abroad & Online - See Alternatives / European Union Replies Pro Biafra Agitators Over Calls For Biafraexit / FG To Commence Coal Mining Operations In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.