Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! (61183 Views)

7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by macof(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
Anas09:
I didn't want to comment, But I just have some questions to ask @macof
When you Say "Without the Catholic church Christiandom won't have the Bible" do u really know what u r saying? because the last time I checked, the Catholic fought seriously to keep the Bible under Lock and key, far away from the world. They succeeded for 15centuries.
I know that when ur priest lie to you, they don't tell you what really caused the reformation, or better still protest(protestanism)
Pls do a research why Martin Luther protested. He was a Catholic Preist. A devoted priest. He was posted to head a parish, while there as the head, he had access to a chest which was out of bound for everybody, there, old manuscripts were kept. Out of Curiosity, he opened it, amongst other books, were Biblical scrolls. He started reading, the priest was shocked to find that all he was preaching were against the Bible. He took it to the assistant priest, that one reported him to the Bishop ahead of them. That's where it all started, from that day, Martin couldn't be stopped, he found the truth and everybody must hear abt it. Do you wants us to talk abt how many people were burnt alive because they read the bible for themselves? Do you know that once upon a time, in the medieval when the Catholic ruled the known world, it was a capital crime purnisable by dead, to be found reading a bible? Or to even claim to be used by God, outside of what they Catholic Church says? Who knows Juan De Arc?, in France, during the French revolution against Great britian? how did she die?
The Catholic church wanted to run the church without the Bible.
Pls folk look for this book, Universe in Conflict" by Ellen G white and read it, its all there, facts and figures. Date and time.
The evil satanic replacement in catholic.
And wen u said without the Catholic church we won't have the Bible, do u imply that the Apostles were Catholics?

Do you know when the Catholic church began?
Do u know that the last Apostle died four hundred years before the Catholic church was birthed by Emperor Constantin?
So who wrote the Bible? Catholic Priests?

And who said Peter is the head of the Church? Peter was never even in Rome.
Canal people don't understand scriptures, so they build doctrines and dogmas on assumptions.
Let's look at the scrpture again.
Matt16:13-19 (Paraphrased)
And Jesus asked His disciples saying, Who do men say I am?
Some said, they say u r the prophet, some say John the Baptist,and others Jeremiah.
Jesus turned and said to them, But who do YOU say I am? ( You go everywhere with me, see all the miracles done, u sleep where I sleep, eat what I eat. WHAT and WHO do YOU say I AM)
There were all quite. But Peter spoke up and said " You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
Jesus answered and said to him,flesh and blood had not REVEALED this to you
Jesus answered and said, you are peter, and upon this rock (which ROCK?) I build my Church... Why didn't jesus say, upon you Peter the Rock, why did he say, upon THis rock, again which rock?
Was it on peter the Church is to be built or on the Revelation Peter had of who Christ is?
It is that revelation that keeps christians even wen they r threatened with death.
@macof, if you say, base on Jesus' statement Peter automatically bcoms the head of the Church, then we shd follow that line of thought and call Peter Satan, because, if u look down at ves 23, Jesus called Peter Satan.
Dude, get the Holy Spirit, he'll teach U stuff. Jesus looks beyond U.
Peter was niether the Rock upon which the Church was built or was he satan.
The catholic Church tried by all means to kick the holy spirit out of his own church. Sorry, u can't trunkate him, he will find a willing vesel.
Again, THE POPE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN, he is CATHOLIC.

Before I even address any of this. ..

Why do you hate the mother church? You should be grateful to her
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Anas09: 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
@macof.
I don't hate her. I hate the lies, and deception and somuch pretence and cover ups. If Christianity remained in the hands of the Catholic Church the way it was intended, christianity would ve been long dead just like its dead in Europe the centre of Catholicism.
Look around you, if not for protestanism, the church wouldn't ve moved out of Europe. Protestants in the bit to escape from the persecution of ur mother Church spread christianity, and in other to stamp and quell them out, Catholicism armed with so much money, power, number ran out ahead, and made it look like they were interested in Mission work, while all the while, they were fighting for conquest of territory.
The Catholic church started in the 4thcentury AD, why did they wait until the 16centuryAD before they started spreading by way of missions?
I was raised a catholic, I was just like u, u dare not say anything abt her, but wen the time came, questions started popping
Up from my mind.
The breaking point came wen I discovered that a friend whom I was desiring to be as devoted as she was, was dating not one but two friend fathers at the same time. In order to keep her secret, she tried to induct me into the act. What non-sense. With all the men in the world, a priest? And she told me,"they are men just like every man, but even better, because they will make u rich" nonsensicality of rascality. And she was a big chic on campus.

Look around, any Catholic that seems to be serious abt Christ, has elemets of Pentecostalism in him/her. They ran along to bring Charismaticism into the Church because their sons and daughters were all running off.
See, my dear Macof, anytime U guys want to compare the Papacy with Pentecostals just know that, all the Pentecostals put together can't commit the crimes that the papacy has committed in one lifetime.
Wen it comes to Averies, materialism and greed, the Pentecostals are toddlers as compared to the papacy.
humility is not in the way a man walks, its in the way he talks, responds and reacts to issues. Are you alive? Do you follow up with what this Pope has been saying since he bcame Pope?
I won't be supprised if he jumps up one of these days to say, Jesus is not the Son of God.
Enough said.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Anas09: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
This is from ur Father Mbaka, does what he wrote below depict a man who has the direction of the holy spirit in him? This is how to represent Christ, and prepare a spotless and unblemish church as a bride of christ?

Message from Rev. Fr. Mbaka.

I hear you my child
HOLY, HOLY, HOLY. WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

This prayer has been sent to bring good luck. The original copy was from England. It has been around the world. The luck has been sent to you.

You will receive a good luck within four days on receiving this message provided that you send it out. This is not a joke.

You will receive good luck in this mail. Send no money, as it has no price. Do not keep this message. It must leave your hand within 96 hours (4 days).

A royal Air Force Officer received £31,000.00. Joe Wallen received £7,000.00 and lost it because he broke the chain. While in the Philippines, Gonnonluch lost his wife 6 days after receiving the message. He failed to circulate the message.

However, before his death he received $7,775,000.00 (seven million seven hundred and seventy five thousand dollars).

Please send 20 messages and see what will happen in four days. This chain came from Venezuela, Saint Anthony De Coup. A missionary and an American said the message must tour the world.

You must send it to 20 friends and associates. Do note the following:

1. Caustino Deis received the chain in 1955. He asked his secretary to make 20 copies and send them. In few days, he won a lottery of two billion dollars.

2. Carlos Dowell, an officer, received the message and forgot it. It had to leave his hand within 90 hours, he lost his job. Later after he found the message again, he mailed 20 copies. A few days later, he got a better job.

3. Dollar Laggard received this letter and not believing it, he threw it away. 12 days later he died.

4. In 1987, the letter came to a young woman in California; it was faint and barely readable. She promised herself that she would retype the letter and send it out; she put it aside to do it later. She was plagued with various problems including expensive car repairs. The letter did not leave her hand in 96 hours (4 days). However, she finally typed the letter as promised and mailed copies and she bought a new car.

5. George Bush received the letter 2 days before Nov 3 1993. He sent out 20 copies and 3 days later he inherited his uncle's Perlal Tesirossa.

Remember, send no money,and do not ignore this message because it works.

You must make sure that you don't break this chain. Send 20 copies to friends and relatives. I wish you good luck.

From Rev. Fr. Mbaka
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by macof(m): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Anas09:
@macof.
I don't hate her. I hate the lies, and deception and somuch pretence and cover ups. If Christianity remained in the hands of the Catholic Church the way it was intended, christianity would ve been long dead just like its dead in Europe the centre of Catholicism.
Look around you, if not for protestanism, the church wouldn't ve moved out of Europe. Protestants in the bit to escape from the persecution of ur mother Church spread christianity, and in other to stamp and quell them out, Catholicism armed with so much money, power, number ran out ahead, and made it look like they were interested in Mission work, while all the while, they were fighting for conquest of territory.
The Catholic church started in the 4thcentury AD, why did they wait until the 16centuryAD before they started spreading by way of missions?
I was raised a catholic, I was just like u, u dare not say anything abt her, but wen the time came, questions started popping
Up from my mind.
The breaking point came wen I discovered that a friend whom I was desiring to be as devoted as she was, was dating not one but two friend fathers at the same time. In order to keep her secret, she tried to induct me into the act. What non-sense. With all the men in the world, a priest? And she told me,"they are men just like every man, but even better, because they will make u rich" nonsensicality of rascality. And she was a big chic on campus.

Look around, any Catholic that seems to be serious abt Christ, has elemets of Pentecostalism in him/her. They ran along to bring Charismaticism into the Church because their sons and daughters were all running off.
See, my dear Macof, anytime U guys want to compare the Papacy with Pentecostals just know that, all the Pentecostals put together can't commit the crimes that the papacy has committed in one lifetime.
Wen it comes to Averies, materialism and greed, the Pentecostals are toddlers as compared to the papacy.
humility is not in the way a man walks, its in the way he talks, responds and reacts to issues. Are you alive? Do you follow up with what this Pope has been saying since he bcame Pope?
I won't be supprised if he jumps up one of these days to say, Jesus is not the Son of God.
Enough said.

Good, but all this "crimes" have helped sustain christianity and make it into wat it is

The bible is the exclusive property of the Catholic Church, all the john u quote is so because of the church...nobody knows what Jesus and his disciples truly were outside what the church reveals through the bible and the Catholic traditions
About crimes- pentecostal still burning people's properties accusing them of evil (with no evidence), discrimination, Stealing with Con, division of the religion due to different doctrines by the countless pentecostal churches, preaching hate against non pentecostal (includes members of other religions and the and irreligious too)
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
refreshrate:

First you say nothing wrong in having wealth then you say Jesus condemned someone for the same wealth.

Which is it oga?

Meanwhile Jesus condemn rich fool for hoarding wealth?

Please if it's not too much to ask could you explain further as this is entirely unknown to me. Thanks

i made that comment under the assumption that you are a Christian, I am sorry if I wrongly assumed.

The bible has a parable in luke 12:13-21 popularly called the parable of the rich fool where Jesus condemned the idea of hoarding wealth, "piling up riches". In that parable scripture warns a Christian abt the dangers inherent in the luxury wealth, it is a passing thing and humans are pilgrims on earth, Jesus continued his teaching in luke 12:32-34, there he says "save ur riches in heaven...". The bible doesn't treat having wealth as a sin! But the bible clearly teaches that we are not the owners of that wealth, we are stewards of it, our work is to share it with others. This is why a pastor making billions off his poor flock is unChristian, establishing schools with the money of the poor and making sure they can't attending it with exobitant fees is unchristian.

It doesn't beak any civil law but it certainly isn't in consonance with Christian teaching.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
Anas09:
This is from ur Father Mbaka, does what he wrote below depict a man who has the direction of the holy spirit in him? This is how to represent Christ, and prepare a spotless and unblemish church as a bride of christ?

Message from Rev. Fr. Mbaka.

I hear you my child
HOLY, HOLY, HOLY. WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

This prayer has been sent to bring good luck. The original copy was from England. It has been around the world. The luck has been sent to you.

You will receive a good luck within four days on receiving this message provided that you send it out. This is not a joke.

You will receive good luck in this mail. Send no money, as it has no price. Do not keep this message. It must leave your hand within 96 hours (4 days).

A royal Air Force Officer received £31,000.00. Joe Wallen received £7,000.00 and lost it because he broke the chain. While in the Philippines, Gonnonluch lost his wife 6 days after receiving the message. He failed to circulate the message.

However, before his death he received $7,775,000.00 (seven million seven hundred and seventy five thousand dollars).

Please send 20 messages and see what will happen in four days. This chain came from Venezuela, Saint Anthony De Coup. A missionary and an American said the message must tour the world.

You must send it to 20 friends and associates. Do note the following:

1. Caustino Deis received the chain in 1955. He asked his secretary to make 20 copies and send them. In few days, he won a lottery of two billion dollars.

2. Carlos Dowell, an officer, received the message and forgot it. It had to leave his hand within 90 hours, he lost his job. Later after he found the message again, he mailed 20 copies. A few days later, he got a better job.

3. Dollar Laggard received this letter and not believing it, he threw it away. 12 days later he died.

4. In 1987, the letter came to a young woman in California; it was faint and barely readable. She promised herself that she would retype the letter and send it out; she put it aside to do it later. She was plagued with various problems including expensive car repairs. The letter did not leave her hand in 96 hours (4 days). However, she finally typed the letter as promised and mailed copies and she bought a new car.

5. George Bush received the letter 2 days before Nov 3 1993. He sent out 20 copies and 3 days later he inherited his uncle's Perlal Tesirossa.

Remember, send no money,and do not ignore this message because it works.

You must make sure that you don't break this chain. Send 20 copies to friends and relatives. I wish you good luck.

From Rev. Fr. Mbaka

lol,

pls did you happen to see Fr Mbaka's signature on it apart from the "from Fr Mbaka"?

I am always worried when people pick issues where there are none, according to the dates on the message, the stuff has been around long before fr mbaka was born, what makes u sure he is the sender of the said message? Because sincerely I do not know how u came to such conclusion. I remember recieving a pamplete like the above from an adventist friend! Strangely enough it has nothing to do with mbaka, i took d stuff and threw it in d waste bin.

Lastly, If mbaka did personally give u dis message, how does that prove he is not directed by the holyspirit? I just want to get ur point.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Just like you one of th things i hate is lies. I do not know who lied to you but I'll try the best I can to correct those lies.
Anas09:
@macof.
If Christianity remained in the hands of the Catholic Church the way it was intended, christianity would ve been long dead just like its dead in Europe the centre of Catholicism.
have it ever occured to you that europe is also the birth place of protestanism and that the ratio of atheism was less than 1% before protestanism.

Go back and read up history, in the 16th, 17th century, luther took germany out of catholicism, henry took england out..., calvin took switzerland out...etc, can you go and check the percentage of athiest in those countries! Athiesm is hardly a catholic phenomeno. It is suprising that athiesm rose along with protestanism. Go make research.
this is another fallacy!

How many protestant missionaries came to Nigeria apart from the anglicans and methodist? How many? Go and check the war torn regions of the world and see how many protestant missionaries are there. You can say all sort about catholic missions but I'll remind you that the catholic church can be found all over the world and that alone is a testament to the work of catholic missionaries.
the catholic church was around long before the 4th century and they evangelised the whole east, from constantinople to India, to ethiopia and Egypt. They also evangelised all europe into ireland. The muhamadans started the jihad which halted futher movement to african, the american continenet wasn't even discovered then.

3 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 12:11am On Oct 06, 2015
abiambo:
The office of UK PM has access to the government jet.. just like us president has air force 1.. Dats by the way,
That d pope has over a billion members doesn't mean he travels a lot, NB every time the pope travels it's on cnn cos he's d leader of a country and mind you the vatican has @ least 1 jet to convey his holiness on his trips abroad, so does Rccg have @ list 1 jet to ferry their head pastor to his various missions abroad, likewise winners Chapel... must they enter emirates b4 u rest?? Even at that u will say he uses first class instead of him to b in economy class, if you get money shey u go trek until ur whole neighbourhood can afford 3 square meals... keep judging

actually the vatican has no jet.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 12:18am On Oct 06, 2015
Weah96:

The Vatican maintains a FLEET of military and consumer aircraft. What are you saying?
this is a cheep lie. Apart from the swiss guard the vatican has no military, it has no military aircraft! And certainly has no consumer aircraft.

You can prove me wrong by showing me a reliable source saying otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by adconline(m): 1:48am On Oct 06, 2015
abiambo:
Oga park well abeg, this is Monday morning.. I need to sleep
Naija way of justifying evil.. Everybody is doing it. Always manufacuring lies as " facts" to fit their narrative.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by adconline(m): 1:56am On Oct 06, 2015
Jetjacky:

And to you a $20k car us cheap angry now who is gullible

His official vehicle is 2008 ford focus valued at less than $6000. This someone who sits on top of $bn in cash, and assets owned by Catholic Church.. Tell me what's ur definition of humility and sincerity of purpose.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by adconline(m): 2:10am On Oct 06, 2015
refreshrate:

wow! big english!
Cos you have really nothing new to say. You only state ignorantly-held opinions for gullible followers to believe. If u say something that's intellectually insightful with facts , then we have some things in common to talk about..
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Jetjacky(m): 4:31am On Oct 06, 2015
adconline:

His official vehicle is 2008 ford focus valued at less than $6000. This someone who sits on top of $bn in cash, and assets owned by Catholic Church.. Tell me what's ur definition of humility and sincerity of purpose.
that humility is from the heart. Not by mere gestures to glorify once self at the eyes of the multitude... That's the work of the pharisees, and they've their own glory, but not from God
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by EmmyDe25(m): 6:32am On Oct 06, 2015
birdman:

I beg to disagree. The pope can request that plane anytime he wants. It is reserved for him. In essence, the state itself has bought a jet for the pope.

Now compare that with a pastor preaching a sermon in one city on saturday night, and another sermon in another time zone the next morning. Obviously driving is not feasible. Neither can you carry all your staff for 4-5 hour wait at the airport every weekend, assuming you can even find a flight when you want. Have you ever flown a 12 hour flight before? What evangelist is going to try a world missions trip lasting a 3 months flying every two to three days. Even Reinhard Bonnke, on moving to the US, needed a private jet. God so kind, he found a preacher that gave it to him for free!

Are there carnal christians and pastors that lust after jets because it is a status symbol? Yeah. But there are also carnal christians, like you, who think all there is to a plane is the status symbol. The plane is a tool. Its very effective for Ceos, vps , presidents because they can get from point a to point b quickly. . And it is a very effective tool for moving significant ministry resources from point a to point b at a moments notice

Could you please explain the whole essence of a single pastor having 3 private jets? You mean thats part of easy conveyance of the minister of God from point A to B?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by EmmyDe25(m): 6:44am On Oct 06, 2015
oyadanoz:

u stand defend pop that is making noise. tell me howmany country does he visit in a week.
how do u expect someone to minister in diferent country there need for it. as for pop he is only trying to gain porpularity by critisising men of miracle.
A pope seeking popularity?? What you high on?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by adconline(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2015
Jetjacky:
that humility is from the heart. Not by mere gestures to glorify once self at the eyes of the multitude... That's the work of the pharisees, and they've their own glory, but not from God
What would say about pastors that own jets when their flocks live in penury?? Someone who eschews opulence in the midst of unbridled abundance in an epitome of humility unlike someone who has unbridled appetite for extravagance and opulence in the midst of scarcity

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 8:57am On Oct 06, 2015
adconline:

Cos you have really nothing new to say. You only state ignorantly-held opinions for gullible followers to believe. If u say something that's intellectually insightful with facts , then we have some things in common to talk about..

you know that thing they say about silence as an answer?

...that's what you're experiencing now, hoping you're able to comprehend.

Truth is really I gave up on you since your first response.knew you we're beyond redemption by the second response.

Feel free to keep trolling & quoting though. it's expected for your level.

...and if you can do have yourself a nice day! Got more reasonable peeps to trade banter with.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Anas09: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2015
@Ubenedictus.
If u call me a liar, I shd expect that you will tell the Truth.
I hope you know that Easten Orthodox is not Catholic?
You know ur history very well. I asked you, wen was the Catholic Church birthed? I mentioned Emperor Constantin. He birthed the RCC, and which century was that again?
Are you saying the christians who were being fed to Lions in the Roman Colosium, were Catholics. The Christians Emperior Nero killed were also Catholics?
This is a Classic resemblance between Catholicism and Islam. They claim all the Jews were Muslims, Abraham, David, Jesus, all the apostle, Except Apostle Paul, were all Muslims. Yet Islam was birthed 6century AD. 6ooyrs after the last Apostle had died.
Oh dear.
I asked u, do you consider the Apostles and the Asian churches, and the Easten orthodox, Catholics? because the Church was alive and vibrant, though christians were being killed the way they are being killed now by Muslims, yet the Church was alive, until it was made a State religion by the emperor and given the RC name. Then the downward thrust started.
I asked you, why did the Catholic church stayed up in Rome from 4th to the 16century before spreading?
Which century did Luther take Germany away from Catholicism?
What century did King Henry viii take England away from Rome? And what century did Calvin take Switzerland from Rome? Do you also know howmany protestants were burnt at the stake alongside Calvin for trying to translate the Bible into the language that his countrymen could read and understand?

Why was it important for the Bible to be locked up in the Latin Language? Why was the Catholic church against other languages having the Bible being translated to? was it because the Papacy wanted to control and conceal the truth? Was it because they wanted to be the only ones to read and tell the people only what they wanted the people to know?

U asked me how I could tell if Father Mbaka wrote that piece. A devote Catholic sent it to me. If he intended to exault Mbaka, I don't know. If that piece was written long before Mbaka was born, and it has Mbaka's name on it, then it goes to say, Mbaka is an intellectual thief. To plagiarise another persons work and put his name on it. Its stealing. He is not better than Muhammad of Arabia.
Lol. An holy spirit inspired piece. Lol again. O Well, if you don't know the holy spirit, how will you know His Modus Operandi?
Telling people to do something, but laying curses on them if they fail to do it? Can u find freewill in any of that shit?
Ubenedictus you fall my hand.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by ebenice(m): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2015
I had a dream, the pope is an hipocrite..he is the forerunner of the Antichrist ..he is only engaging in humility gauge to deceive people ... don't be deceived
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2015
Anas09:
@Ubenedictus.
If u call me a liar, I shd expect that you will tell the Truth.
I hope you know that Easten Orthodox is not Catholic?
You know ur history very well. I asked you, wen was the Catholic Church birthed? I mentioned Emperor Constantin. He birthed the RCC, and which century was that again?
Are you saying the christians who were being fed to Lions in the Roman Colosium, were Catholics. The Christians Emperior Nero killed were also Catholics?
This is a Classic resemblance between Catholicism and Islam. They claim all the Jews were Muslims, Abraham, David, Jesus, all the apostle, Except Apostle Paul, were all Muslims. Yet Islam was birthed 6century AD. 6ooyrs after the last Apostle had died.
Oh dear.
I asked u, do you consider the Apostles and the Asian churches, and the Easten orthodox, Catholics? because the Church was alive and vibrant, though christians were being killed the way they are being killed now by Muslims, yet the Church was alive, until it was made a State religion by the emperor and given the RC name. Then the downward thrust started.
I asked you, why did the Catholic church stayed up in Rome from 4th to the 16century before spreading?
What century did King Henry viii take England away from Rome? And what century did Calvin take Switzerland from Rome? Do you also know howmany protestants were burnt at the stake alongside Calvin for trying to translate the Bible into the language that his countrymen could read and understand?

Why was it important for the Bible to be locked up in the Latin Language? Why was the Catholic church against other languages having the Bible being translated to? was it because the Papacy wanted to control and conceal the truth? Was it because they wanted to be the only ones to read and tell the people only what they wanted the people to know?

U asked me how I could tell if Father Mbaka wrote that piece. A devote Catholic sent it to me. If he intended to exault Mbaka, I don't know. If that piece was written long before Mbaka was born, and it has Mbaka's name on it, then it goes to say, Mbaka is an intellectual thief. To plagiarise another persons work and put his name on it. Its stealing. He is not better than Muhammad of Arabia.
Lol. An holy spirit inspired piece. Lol again. O Well, if you don't know the holy spirit, how will you know His Modus Operandi?
Telling people to do something, but laying curses on them if they fail to do it? Can u find freewill in any of that shit?
Ubenedictus you fall my hand.
You are just giving yourself unnecessary headache, all this your ranting will not prevent the Catholic Church from been the single Christian denomination that its population is greater than any religious group, with a population of more than 1.2 billion, they remain the custodian of Christian faith. The Bible you are using, they compiled it and make it available. Your parents gave birth to you and gave you a book on how you where born and was raised up by them, when you have grown up, you continue using the book and be telling your parents that you know the book they gave to you more than them, if they don't want to spread Christianity, they would have burn all the bible before Martin Luther could lay his hand on them, why should they lock the Bible up in a room, where they can easily set all of them ablaze

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
ebenice:
I had a dream, the pope is an hipocrite..he is the forerunner of the Antichrist ..he is only engaging in humility gauge to deceive people ... don't be deceived
Are you sure that you not the Antichrist itself
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 5minsmadness: 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
@feeecocoa, I was banned in family section. This is the hidden post for your viewing pleasure as per people who think children dress provocatively are pedophiles according to you.

Parents are dressing up their children in provocative clothes and allowing them to wear make-up and high heels because they lack traditional values, according to a leading headmistress.

Dr Helen Wright, president of the Girls' Schools Association, suggests there is something "intensely wrong" with society if some mothers and fathers can see no problem with allowing daughters to wear provocative clothing.
In a speech to the GSA's annual conference in Bristol tomorrow, she will raise concerns that many parents were failed by the education system at a young age – being brought up with no respect for their elders and little idea of how to raise a child.
Dr Wright, headmistress of St Mary's Calne, a private girls' boarding school in Wiltshire, also suggests many adults struggle to resist commercial pressures, meaning they overindulge their children.
The comments come just weeks after Sir Michael Wilshaw, the incoming head of Ofsted, warned that schools were being forced to act as “surrogate families” to some children because mothers and fathers lacked decent parenting skills.

Families in Middlesbrough, Camden and the High Peak in Derbyshire will be given tuition in areas such as communication and listening skills, managing conflict, discipline and setting boundaries for their children.
In her speech, Dr Wright will say: "I have a deep worry that some parents have been so deprived in their own lives of education and values, that they no longer know right from wrong and that they are as a result unwittingly 'indulging' children in some parallel universe where it is acceptable to let young children wear make-up and provocative clothing.

"I have no doubt that these are the parents who have been failed by the education system themselves.
"These are the parents without support, experience or networks. They have grown up without any respect for their elders or any idea of how to bring up a child.
"How can they bring up their own children correctly if they have been failed themselves? But how do we break the cycle? Education, of course - and the support of schools embedded in their communities."

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
Anas09

firstly I never meant to call u a liar, i said u were lied to i.e u were misinformed. I didn't mean to be confrontational.

I also wish to beg you to read up on christian history and the writtings of the early christians.

The first surviving writting with d phrase "catholic church" is that of a bishop of antioch called ignatius in 109ad, it is incorrect to claim the catholic church started in d 4th century. The christians were first called followers of "the way" before they were called Christians by the end of the 1st century d christian named the church catholic church and yeah all Christians were catholics including those who are called orthodox christians today.

By the 2nd century all Christian who werent gnostics identified themselves as Catholics, u can read the writtings of the early Christians to verify.

Also it is a historical fact that peter preached and died in rome and ordain both linus and clement as ministers, linus was bishop of rome (pope) after peter and clement was bishop after linus all first 7 popes were killed by the roman persecution. Please make research the writtings of the early christians are still available!

Constantine didn't make any religion. He instead granted Christian freedom to worship and stopped the persecution of Christians thru out the roman empire. He did this becos he claimed he saw a cross in the sky while he was fighting for the throne so when he gained the thron he granted freedom to Christians. Costantine became a Cathecumen and was later baptised on his death bed.

At that time the catholic church consisted of all non heretical Christian whether in Rome, constantinople, alexadria, antioch or jerusalem. The bishop of Rome was the court of appeal whenever issues arise.

The coptic church broke away in the council of chalcedo when it fell into d monophyte heresy, the orthodox church both away in the 12th century becos of d filioque issue.

You can read it up they were all catholics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Anas09: 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
And the link?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
Anas09:
What century did King Henry viii take England away from Rome? And what century did Calvin take Switzerland from Rome?
that was the 16th century.
Do you also know howmany protestants were burnt at the stake alongside Calvin for trying to translate the Bible into the language that his countrymen could read and understand?
calvin was not burnt on a stake! Actually calvin was responsible for burning people on a stake.

another lie u were told, are u aware there were 15 editions of the bible in german even before martin luther was born?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Jetjacky(m): 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
adconline:

What would say about pastors that own jets when their flocks live in penury?? Someone who eschews opulence in the midst of unbridled abundance in an epitome of humility unlike someone who has unbridled appetite for extravagance and opulence in the midst of scarcity
neither of then is guiltless, you should atop pointing fingers and live your life to the fullest with the fear of God and let those who you can't tame answer to God and those who can.

Jesus worked with legs... At the time when there was chariots, and opportunity for him to be rich, every action he took was a lesson for his future and present followers. This two category of pastors are held responsible for their action, each to the purpose they act. You can't see a makes man in front of his house and call him mad, he might be running from the snake in his bath room.

Be wise my friend
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Syncan(m): 12:09am On Oct 07, 2015
Anas09:
And the link?

A good place to start. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church

"Catholic was first used to describe the Christian church in the early 2nd century.[19] The first known use of the phrase "the catholic church" (he katholike ekklesia) occurred in the letter from St Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans, written about 110 AD".
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Kamxin(m): 11:07am On Oct 07, 2015
Anas09:
@macof.
I don't hate

Assuming it is true, you allowed the stupidity of 3 people to define your life .

On the contrary, if false then you have the qualities of a good moslem. These your accusation I have heard it thousand times. The number of people Catholic priests train in university is more than the number of people on government and private sector scholarship in Nigeria. As the number 1 charity institution on earth today, the Catholic church have only envious people as rival who take-more than give.

This thread is truely for the gullible. Being close friend to a priest is no crime. You are free to call it dating. They are human like you. They are among the richest in the society "charity wise". Surviving on campus because you have a priest as friend, brother, in-law is a no crime.

To me, your story is a pathetic assault on charity. The society we live today frown at charity because of the attendant consequence, especially mindset of people like you would crucify them.

After taking almost all belonging of the Catholic church, from university, hospital, schools churches, lands etc in Europe, the protestants are not satisfied. Reducing the most important book on earth to mere fiction, were every family have a divergent interpretation of its own bible. Reducing the most important religion to shop business. If the Catholic church is like Islam all this would never happen.
I would use this avenue to plead for the return of Catholic churches taken forcefully away from us especially Westminster Abbey.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:50am On Oct 07, 2015
Anas09:
And the link?
below is a link to the letter where the phrase catholic church first appear in written form

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/ignatius-smyrnaeans-hoole.html

it reads

8:2 Wherever the bishop appear, there let the multitude be; even as wherever Christ Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful either to baptize, or to hold a love-feast without the consent of the bishop; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that also is well pleasing unto God, to the end that whatever is done may be safe and sure.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:57am On Oct 07, 2015
below are a list of historical christian writings that shows peter was in Rome and died there.

St Irenaeus, "Against Heresies", 3,1,1, 180 A.D., J208
"...in their own dialect, while Peter and Paul were evangelizing at Rome, and laying the foundations of the Church."

St Irenaeus, "Against Heresies", chapter III,
"...the very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops."

Eusebius, "History of the Church", 2,14,6, 300 A.D., J651dd
In the same reign of Claudius, the all-good and gracious providence which watches over all things guided Peter, the great and mighty one among the Apostles, who, because of his virtue, was the spokesman for all the others, to Rome."

Tertullian, "The demurrer against the heretics", chapter XXXII,1,
"...like the church of the Romans where Clement was ordained by Peter."

Who has the authority to ordain priests? Only Bishops do. Clement was ordained by the Bishop of Rome, Peter.

Saint Peter of Alexandria, "The Canonical Letter", canon 9, 306 A.D.
"Peter, the first chosen of the Apostles, having been apprehended often and thrown into prison and treated with ignominy, at last was crucified in Rome."

Eusebius, "The Chronicle" Ad An.Dom 68, J651cc
"Nero is the first, in addition to all his other crimes, to make a persecution against the Christians, in which Peter and Paul died gloriously in Rome."

Eusebius, "History of the Church", 3,2, 300 A.D., J652a
"After the martyrdom of Paul and Peter, Linus was the first appointed to the Episcopacy of the Church at Rome."

Lactantius, "Of the manner in which the persecutors died":
This letter is addressed to Donatus. It not only shows that Peter was actually in Rome, but that he died there also at the hands of Nero. Chapter II. "His apostles were at that time eleven in number, to whom were added Matthias, in the room of the traitor Judas, and afterwards Paul. Then were they dispersed throughout all the earth to preach the Gospel, as the Lord their Master had commanded them; and during twenty-five years, and until the beginning of the reign of the Emperor Nero, they occupied themselves in laying the foundations of the Church in every province and city. And while Nero reigned, the Apostle Peter came to Rome, and, through the power of God committed unto him, wrought certain miracles, and, by turning many to the true religion, built up a faithful and steadfast temple unto the Lord. When Nero heard of those things, and observed that not only in Rome, but in every other place, a great multitude revolted daily from the worship of idols, and, condemning their old ways, went over to the new religion, he, an execrable and pernicious tyrant, sprung forward to raze the heavenly temple and destroy the true faith. He it was who first persecuted the servants of God; he crucified Peter, and slew Paul: nor did he escape with impunity; for God looked on the affliction of His people; and therefore the tyrant, bereaved of authority, and precipitated from the height of empire, suddenly disappeared, and even the burial-place of that noxious wild beast was nowhere to be seen."

Saint Damasus I, "The Decree of Damasus" 3, 382 A.D., J910u
"The first see, therefore, is that of Peter the Apostle, that of the Roman Church, which has neither stain nor blemish nor anything like it."

Saint Augustine, "Letter to Generosus", 53,1,2, 400 A.D., J1418
"If the very order of episcopal succession is to be considered, how much more surely, truly, and safely do we number them from Peter himself, to whom, as to one representing the whole Church, the Lord said: "Upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not conquer it."
Anas09:
And the link?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Kamxin(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
Anas09:
I didn't want to comment, But I just have some questions to ask @macof
When you Say "Without the Catholic church Christiandom won't have the Bible" do u really know what u r saying? because the last time I checked, the Catholic fought seriously to keep the Bible under Lock and key, far away from the world. They succeeded for 15centuries.

@macof
When you see people that can reason logically it is always obvious.
15Centuries before Luther came the Catholic church succeeded. Yes.
Concurring that Catholic church was founded by Christ.
Speaking from both side of the mouth, is the trademark of protestants(wailers). You have your church, but no idea on how to beat Catholic standard, so wailing continues.

1 Million protestant denominations having 1 Million different doctrines. The "LUTHER DREAM". Please ask him/her which one he/she follow.
Remember 999999 preach fallacy if one of them preach truth. Simple logic.
So after seeing the light, went back to the darkness Christ has delivered us from.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by IndianaJay: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

This is not the African Way.
The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!

As children of God we should always ask ourselves "What would Jesus do"?

The same Jesus that scattered the synagogue because he saw that the house of his father had been turned into a market place??

Did Jesus behave like a God amongst men, wasn't our Lord Jesus humble? Jesus trueness shown shone through. Not like pastors of these days who love money more than God.

Let us not deceive ourselves, many so called men of God are common criminals, manipulators and people who use the name of the Lord to lie.

Be ignorant all you want but do not drag others down with your ignorance. Pastors these days only love themselves, they have no love for the God they preach about. Bloody thieving hypocrites.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / "I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.