Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! (61214 Views)

7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by williamson46: 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
paris10:
The Pope's US visit was a triumph in upholding Christ teachings. If anything, one thing it does teaches us is that you don't need a private jet, nor a limousine nor even the most expensive carrier to ride in to do God's work.

It teaches us humility in the face of plenty, humbleness in the face of pride, and godliness to silence the greedy and the new generation pastors we have been condoning.

Creflor Dollar needed a $65,000 jet to do God's work ( his congregation are currently donating the money ). Adeboye, Oyedepo et al also need this amount of money to do God's work. Pope rode in a $20k mini series car. He specifically demanded this because " as a man of God you cannot live confortably and ride the most expensive cars whilst the children of God are suffering".

Over to the gullible Nigerian pastors defenders.

u should check out the pope's garage n see the beauties he's got, they're all gifts tho.. N i tot he rode on the new modified hyundai santa fe
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by williamson46: 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
btoks:
A commercial plane is chartered when the pope needs to travel and the cost is usually subsidised by the travelling journalists. This is a lot cheaper than owning a private jet. No state has bought a jet for the pope.
that ain't cheap either bro!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by sam4(m): 11:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
hyfr:
JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS!!! This dude is making me crazy. Pls receive sense
Amen! Brain babu
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by bezimo(m): 11:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
paris10:
The Pope's US visit was a triumph in upholding Christ teachings. If anything, one thing it does teaches us is that you don't need a private jet, nor a limousine nor even the most expensive carrier to ride in to do God's work.

It teaches us humility in the face of plenty, humbleness in the face of pride, and godliness to silence the greedy and the new generation pastors we have been condoning.

Creflor Dollar needed a $65,000 jet to do God's work ( his congregation are currently donating the money ). Adeboye, Oyedepo et al also need this amount of money to do God's work. Pope rode in a $20k mini series car. He specifically demanded this because " as a man of God you cannot live confortably and ride the most expensive cars whilst the children of God are suffering".

Over to the gullible Nigerian pastors defenders.

Stop spreading and advertising your spiritual high level ignorance.Is the pope a hypocrite? .Because he wanted to be seen as humble he ordered for a $20k car.When you try to create an impression from the possibly real you.Who are you? What does it mean?
Dont be daft.Is pope a man of God? Does the bible recognise who a pope is? Can the pope minister the anoiting of the holy ghost to make things happen? Dont start what you cant substantiate.
Where in the bible or in Jesus teachings did he say christians or christian leaders cant own the good things of this life. Dont be confused by religious hypocrisy.Owning an exotic means of transportation is not a sign according to the bible that a person is proud or wordly in the same manner not owning an exotic means of transportation is not a proof that you are humble or holy. So be careful on how you assess things understand the story.
People like you are so ignorant, who see the likes of Pst Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo whose lives keep getting better as they continue to be a blessing to their generation.You dont know the story of the trials of faith and temptations faced by them since 1981 when they were called by God before God blessed them. Find out the story before criticising like a pharisee and saducees as described in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by abiambo(m): 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
The office of UK PM has access to the government jet.. just like us president has air force 1.. Dats by the way,
That d pope has over a billion members doesn't mean he travels a lot, NB every time the pope travels it's on cnn cos he's d leader of a country and mind you the vatican has @ least 1 jet to convey his holiness on his trips abroad, so does Rccg have @ list 1 jet to ferry their head pastor to his various missions abroad, likewise winners Chapel... must they enter emirates b4 u rest?? Even at that u will say he uses first class instead of him to b in economy class, if you get money shey u go trek until ur whole neighbourhood can afford 3 square meals... keep judging
adconline:

What do you mean that pastors with 1-5m members travel more than the pope with over 1bn members? Do they also travel more than UK PM with no private jet
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by wissenschaften(m): 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

This is not the African Way.
The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!
ha haha ha ha
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by williamson46: 12:09am On Oct 05, 2015
i wonder y d op is wasting his time blowing his top off. The truth is that when you and i were giving offering or paying our tithes, we were never forced to do so, nobody dipped his hands into my pocket forcing me to give. Whatever u gave was of ur own volition out of the conviction of ur heart. If the people who paid for the jet ain't complaining, i wonder hw it became ur problem @op!.. I'm nt surprised tho, u must be one of those punks who give N20 offering n think uve given enuf or uve given it all. If u were part of the people that contributed for the aircraft or what not n ure here complaining, ure commiting a greivous sin cos u weren't forced to part with ur money. If ure pained, pls stop paying the offering rather than come here to play to the gallery n display cheap gullible self righteousness.. Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by glamz007(m): 12:15am On Oct 05, 2015
I still doubt that a normal human being will create a topic like this
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Diane93: 12:57am On Oct 05, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!

Mr man just ssshhhh please, Christ NEVER laid down such examples for us so if ur "pastor" tells u it is right, then by all means u both need to revisit ur bibles!!!!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Jetjacky(m): 1:48am On Oct 05, 2015
paris10:
The Pope's US
And to you a $20k car us cheap angry now who is gullible
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by ericbenjooo: 3:00am On Oct 05, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

sharrap!!! How can u respect him, if he travels with the common...? Jesus mingled with the sinners when he came to earth, who else need treatment if not the sick?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by adconline(m): 3:17am On Oct 05, 2015
abiambo:
The office of UK PM has access to the government jet.. just like us president has air force 1.. Dats by the way,
That d pope has over a billion members doesn't mean he travels a lot, NB every time the pope travels it's on cnn cos he's d leader of a country and mind you the vatican has @ least 1 jet to convey his holiness on his trips abroad, so does Rccg have @ list 1 jet to ferry their head pastor to his various missions abroad, likewise winners Chapel... must they enter emirates b4 u rest?? Even at that u will say he uses first class instead of him to b in economy class, if you get money shey u go trek until ur whole neighbourhood can afford 3 square meals... keep judging
UK PM uses charter jets from British Airways, only the Royals have dedicated jets. PMs don't have specially made ones like Airforce One..
U keep comparing apple and oranges.. Pastors are immersed in ocean of opulencce and materialism while their flocks are swimming in poverty.. They are taking money from the poor to support their lifestyle!!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by birdman(m): 3:59am On Oct 05, 2015
shollyboy2:

I really enjoy your point here...but what's your take on churches owning schools? okay let's not talk about the high fee they charge...I think churches school should be price competing with Gotv owned schools...

and again after churches school has balance all its expenditure for the year..where does the remaining interest they gain goes to?....enlighten me abeg

good point, and you raised issues that are sticking points for me. The first part is obvious - if you try to run a private enterprise to be govt competitive on prices, you WILL run at loss. So I have no problems with Covenants etc charging more. The parable of the 3 servants given talents by their master is clear. God does expect that we increase what we started with.

The second issue is about fairness. In the book of Acts, all the believers gathered money together and split resources to share especially for the needy etc. Question is how do we apply this principle to today? How does a church plow its profit from ventures like universities etc back to benefit the needy among its parishioners?

Frankly, I don't know that simple profit sharing will work in today's world - how do you determine how much of the profit goes to helps versus keeping the business healthy etc. I do think that the needy should get some help more than just food...maybe scholarships to said universities, grants to open businesses, loans etc.

The reason I don't criticize the Oyedepos and Adeboyes is that truth be told, I dont know if they do these things or not. And based on the Lord's command to do acts of kindness with little noise, I dont expect them to tweet about every single act. So, until I can prove that they don't, I run the risk of criticizing innocent people, and probably hinder God's work more than help it. Not to mention that by judging other Christians, I immediately set myself up to be judged by the same measure.

Of course, if I were a member of any of these churches, the questions you raised would definitely be in my mind.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 5:48am On Oct 05, 2015
adconline:

It's hard to be logical with you, but you are comfortable with offering ignorant opinion from the bottomless dungeon of irrationality.. Go play some where cod this discussion is not meant for u!!

Says the man who can't compose two sentences in English.

Guy stroll abeg.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 5:53am On Oct 05, 2015
Ubenedictus:

u guys will soon turn this to a quarel.

Nobody said it is wrong to have wealth or make wealth! That is not the issue, the issue is practice what you preach.

You cannot preach a gospel where Jesus condemned the rich fool for hoarding wealth when you are doing the same. If the church missions are not of a caring heart are not Charitable then why have them?

A church that cannot practice the gospel is not a house of God it is the shop of men.

First you say nothing wrong in having wealth then you say Jesus condemned someone for the same wealth.

Which is it oga?

Meanwhile Jesus condemn rich fool for hoarding wealth?

Please if it's not too much to ask could you explain further as this is entirely unknown to me. Thanks
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 5:57am On Oct 05, 2015
birdman:

good point, and you raised issues that are sticking points for me. The first part is obvious - if you try to run a private enterprise to be govt competitive on prices, you WILL run at loss. So I have no problems with Covenants etc charging more. The parable of the 3 servants given talents by their master is clear. God does expect that we increase what we started with.

The second issue is about fairness. In the book of Acts, all the believers gathered money together and split resources to share especially for the needy etc. Question is how do we apply this principle to today? How does a church plow its profit from ventures like universities etc back to benefit the needy among its parishioners?

Frankly, I don't know that simple profit sharing will work in today's world - how do you determine how much of the profit goes to helps versus keeping the business healthy etc. I do think that the needy should get some help more than just food...maybe scholarships to said universities, grants to open businesses, loans etc.

The reason I don't criticize the Oyedepos and Adeboyes is that truth be told, I dont know if they do these things or not. And based on the Lord's command to do acts of kindness with little noise, I dont expect them to tweet about every single act. So, until I can prove that they don't, I run the risk of criticizing innocent people, and probably hinder God's work more than help it. Not to mention that by judging other Christians, I immediately set myself up to be judged by the same measure.

Of course, if I were a member of any of these churches, the questions you raised would definitely be in my mind.

Finally someone who thinks!

Thank you very much for this sir...thank you very very much!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Eronmosele(m): 6:34am On Oct 05, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

Disregard everything that follows if you were joking or being sarcastic.
I feel quite sorry for you. You have not been taught well. The sooner you leave that place where they have been misinforming you with this one-sided prosperity doctrine, the better for you. It is obvious you don't even know what Christianity is about. Godliness with contentment is great gain. Apostle Paul had balance. He knew what it was to abound and to suffer lack. I used to be like you, thinking that to show wealth is evidence of God's blessing. It's a poverty mentality. Read your Bible very well. To be rich even makes it more difficult to enter the kingdom. These scriptures will hardly be preached in your setting because they speak against what you are glorifying. Those that labour to be rich,... See what 1Tim 6:9 says about it. Read 1Tim 6:5. very well, I am even advised to stay clear from people like you why? Because you preach that godliness is a means to financial gain. In fact read the whole of 1Tim 6 and get some balance to your knowledge. Your post sounds so immature. I am not Catholic but I think you know it is in your Bible not to rebuke an elder but to entreat him peaceably. Even if your take is that the Pope is a disgrace to Christianity how can you flagrantly say that here? Let us not get used to speaking I'll of people in authority like that simply because we have become accustomed to insulting our political elite here in Nigeria. You don't do that. It's not right. And which Bible did you read that says a man of God (or whatever that means anyway these days) , should not be humble. Are you joking? When Our Lord Jesus washed the disciples feet, what principle do you think he was establishing? Alas! and now after reading your closing remark again, I am compelled to believe that you are actually joking and I have just wasted my time. Anyway what I have posted is not for you alone but for others who to varying degrees share your interesting ideology. If na joke you dey abeg forgive me.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by abiambo(m): 6:48am On Oct 05, 2015
Oga park well abeg, this is Monday morning.. I need to sleep
adconline:

UK PM uses charter jets from British Airways, only the Royals have dedicated jets. PMs don't have specially made ones like Airforce One..
U keep comparing apple and oranges.. Pastors are immersed in ocean of opulencce and materialism while their flocks are swimming in poverty.. They are taking money from the poor to support their lifestyle!!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 05, 2015
5minsmadness:

As in.
Am surprised at the number of people who took the post seriously.
No offence but we have a lot of ILLITERATE and semi-illiterate folk on nairaland.

Are u just finding that out?

All it takes is to notice the number of people that quoted the when the poster did a very good job of showing it was all sarcasm.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by MartinsEgah: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2015
Common Naija.
Judgement day will com,
Yes we know.
But pls we need 2 know were we re & were we re coming 4rm.
Imagine d level of poverty in Nigeria & we all hope in God 2 use these gr8 men of God change our story instead they re extorting us 2 prosper & poor congregation re in d church waiting 2 b helpd out of poverty grip.

To those dat hav donating mind, pls keep it up.
But dont think u re deceiving God by giving millions & dollars 2 pastor or church 4 awareness while right in ur home, among ur relativs, around ur neighbourhood they need u 2 put smile on their face.

So, pls leave d Pope alone , he haz sent dat message across not minding dat Rome is a very developed country. At a time like dis, beta use ur tongue 2 count ur tooth.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Kamxin(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2015
Freemanan:

Mate, you should make more research on the Catholic church and it's politics... Please Google Pope Julius
Google have been appreciated most for its goodness to mankind, but in retrospect you will observe that, its still the same thing that gives life that also gives death.
Pope Julius is known for wars and appreciation of art, which does not imply love for luxurious lifestyle
Breeding talent like Michelangelo is a rare feat that modern leaders can only dream of.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 05, 2015
Kamxin:

Google have been appreciated most for its goodness to mankind, but in retrospect you will observe that, its still the same thing that gives life that also gives death.
Pope Julius is known for wars and appreciation of art, which does not imply love for luxurious lifestyle
Breeding talent like Michelangelo is a rare feat that modern leaders can only dream of.
I Am not trying to convice you to believe there is deep rot in the papacy, I Am showing you the rot. Believing it depends on you.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hyfr(m): 10:50am On Oct 05, 2015
ladej:

Calm down
It's sarcasm
I doubt its sarcasm
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hyfr(m): 10:50am On Oct 05, 2015
ladej:

Calm down
It's sarcasm
I doubt its sarcasm
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hyfr(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2015
refreshrate:

You do realize he was being sarcastic?
I didnt
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Kamxin(m): 12:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
Freemanan:

I Am not trying to convice you to believe there is deep rot in the papacy, I Am showing you the rot. Believing it depends on you.
Believing in America 200 years ago is different from believing in America today.
Believing in the goodness of papacy today is also different from believing in it when Martin Luther was there 500 years ago.
Nature does not give room for stagnancy but dynamics, which time allow us to see for ourselves.
Good Martin Luther has founded his own church to correct the ills of papacy, but time tells on any human heroic act, Today, Lutheran Church is a shadow more rotten that you can't count yourself as member.
Rot in the papacy or not, Times Magazine regard it as the most organised institution on earth.
And you can point to me any organization more responsible than the Catholic church, be it US, UK or China. Papacy as rotten as Saudi Arabia and Nigerian. Papacy a byword for rot.
@143Boi an RCCG member on page 8 Said and I quote "There is no christian body that has contributed to the society as much as the catholic church, there is no one on this blog who has not benefitted directly or indirectly from them,". And I dare you to repeat this statement on any other institution on earth.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Kamxin(m): 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
Freemanan:

Granted that this cannot be argued, the Pope have his own share of cheat and deceit of the Catholic world...

PAPAL Rome is a load of corruption and sham of Christiandom. Their lies and corruption is NO where near that of NIGERIAN pastors
SMH
This thread is made for you
CHEAT, DECEIT, CORRUPTION, SHAM ; the world's oldest surviving and at the same time most successful institution on earth have these qualities as trademark.
@OP thank you for making a home to accommodate gullibility, and what a wonderful home the gullible have turned it to.
I love Nigeria but ignorance is impeding development Of our dearest state.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Kamxin(m): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
Kamxin:

SMH
This thread is made for you
CHEAT, DECEIT, CORRUPTION, SHAM ; the world's oldest surviving and at the same time most successful institution on earth have these qualities as trademark.
@OP thank you for making a home to accommodate gullibility, and what a wonderful home the gullible have turned it to.
I love Nigeria but ignorance is impeding development Of our dearest state.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by adconline(m): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
refreshrate:

Says the man who can't compose two sentences in English.

Guy stroll abeg.
It will forever look like page 404 puzzle to ur encephalon...
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Anas09: 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
I didn't want to comment, But I just have some questions to ask @macof
When you Say "Without the Catholic church Christiandom won't have the Bible" do u really know what u r saying? because the last time I checked, the Catholic fought seriously to keep the Bible under Lock and key, far away from the world. They succeeded for 15centuries.
I know that when ur priest lie to you, they don't tell you what really caused the reformation, or better still protest(protestanism)
Pls do a research why Martin Luther protested. He was a Catholic Preist. A devoted priest. He was posted to head a parish, while there as the head, he had access to a chest which was out of bound for everybody, there, old manuscripts were kept. Out of Curiosity, he opened it, amongst other books, were Biblical scrolls. He started reading, the priest was shocked to find that all he was preaching were against the Bible. He took it to the assistant priest, that one reported him to the Bishop ahead of them. That's where it all started, from that day, Martin couldn't be stopped, he found the truth and everybody must hear abt it. Do you wants us to talk abt how many people were burnt alive because they read the bible for themselves? Do you know that once upon a time, in the medieval when the Catholic ruled the known world, it was a capital crime purnisable by dead, to be found reading a bible? Or to even claim to be used by God, outside of what they Catholic Church says? Who knows Juan De Arc?, in France, during the French revolution against Great britian? how did she die?
The Catholic church wanted to run the church without the Bible.
Pls folk look for this book, Universe in Conflict" by Ellen G white and read it, its all there, facts and figures. Date and time.
The evil satanic replacement in catholic.
And wen u said without the Catholic church we won't have the Bible, do u imply that the Apostles were Catholics?

Do you know when the Catholic church began?
Do u know that the last Apostle died four hundred years before the Catholic church was birthed by Emperor Constantin?
So who wrote the Bible? Catholic Priests?

And who said Peter is the head of the Church? Peter was never even in Rome.
Canal people don't understand scriptures, so they build doctrines and dogmas on assumptions.
Let's look at the scrpture again.
Matt16:13-19 (Paraphrased)
And Jesus asked His disciples saying, Who do men say I am?
Some said, they say u r the prophet, some say John the Baptist,and others Jeremiah.
Jesus turned and said to them, But who do YOU say I am? ( You go everywhere with me, see all the miracles done, u sleep where I sleep, eat what I eat. WHAT and WHO do YOU say I AM)
There were all quite. But Peter spoke up and said " You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
Jesus answered and said to him,flesh and blood had not REVEALED this to you
Jesus answered and said, you are peter, and upon this rock (which ROCK?) I build my Church... Why didn't jesus say, upon you Peter the Rock, why did he say, upon THis rock, again which rock?
Was it on peter the Church is to be built or on the Revelation Peter had of who Christ is?
It is that revelation that keeps christians even wen they r threatened with death.
@macof, if you say, base on Jesus' statement Peter automatically bcoms the head of the Church, then we shd follow that line of thought and call Peter Satan, because, if u look down at ves 23, Jesus called Peter Satan.
Dude, get the Holy Spirit, he'll teach U stuff. Jesus looks beyond U.
Peter was niether the Rock upon which the Church was built or was he satan.
The catholic Church tried by all means to kick the holy spirit out of his own church. Sorry, u can't trunkate him, he will find a willing vesel.
Again, THE POPE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN, he is CATHOLIC.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Weah96: 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
400billionman:

The Vatican does not belong to an individual my dear. Stop confusing an Institution with a person. I am a pentecostal but i do not belong to any of these confused businessmen. Nigerian pastors are persons who engage in personal aggrandizement. If you gain access to funds being controlled by one of these popular Nigerian pastopreneurs in his personal account, (Naira, dollar, pounds and Euro accounts all in millions) you will weep for the foolishness of Nigerian christians. You will understand why they change private jets like cars.

I have been close to some upcoming pastopreneurs too. Believe me, most are businessmen. The first interface i had with one of them even before i knew he was a Pastor passed him as someone who commands worship from anyone he meets. He insulted me, i told him off. One in my area has 3 personal cars, while 95% of his church members trek to church service every worship day. This is IDOL worship. If you get close to most of them, you did be convinced they are self centred craftsmen. Craftiness has grades. The more knowledge you attain, the lesser your gullibility. For me, i am still on a learning curve.

One thing that distinguishes men like Dangote is that they have very high IQ, not knowlegde based IQ for getting good grades in school, rather Problem Solving IQ, brains that process practical situations with ease.

Pastopreneurs process the gullibility of Nigerians. My ideal pastor is Apostle Johnson Suleiman. He has Gods message. Having attended almost all the popular pentecostal churches, only this guy impresses me with God's undilutted word.

Prosperity gospel, suit saying are some of their tools. God help me.

The Vatican maintains a FLEET of military and consumer aircraft. What are you saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
adconline:

It will forever look like page 404 puzzle to ur encephalon...

wow! big english!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ozubulu Anambra Catholic Church Killing Of Worshippers: Aftermath Video (Graphic / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.