Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,545 members, 7,861,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:56 PM

If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... - Dating And Meet-up Zone (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... (228170 Views)

ABUJA, Ladies And Single Mums Can Contact For Hook-up / Single? Let's Mingle / If Ur From Akwa Ibom But Lagos Born, This Thread Is For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Toks2008(m): 8:47am On Nov 11, 2015
bleble14:
@toks2008, if u are looking for a lady to marry, I will advice u as my friend to always go to d source, d one dat Ordained marriage, dis goes to each and every of us, be u christain or muslim, always ask God for direction, am not a pastor or any of dat but I think its d right thing if u want d best

Definitely no one can rule out the GOD factor but since adam blamed GOD in the garden of eden, GOD have now decided to leave the searching to man and whenever he finds one,he gets his favour.

Adam told GOD after the disobedience..." “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”(Genesis 3:12)

And GOD was like "i see, so na me u blame abi" so GOD now said "Who so finds a wife(husband) finds a good thing, and i will give you my favour"Proverbs 18:22

End of story.

Catch you all latter in the day
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by bleble14(f): 8:54am On Nov 11, 2015
[quote author=neoapocalypse post=39897354]

So says you , I like to think differently.[/qu@neoapocalypse why don't u tell us what u think, we can learn one or two lessones from it
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by bleble14(f): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2015
Toks2008:

Definitely no one can rule out the GOD factor but since adam blamed GOD in the garden of eden, GOD have now decided to leave the searching to man and whenever he finds one,he gets his favour.

Adam told GOD after the disobedience..." “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”(Genesis 3:12)

And GOD was like "i see, so na me u blame abi" so GOD now said "Who so finds a wife(husband) finds a good thing, and i will give you my favour"Proverbs 18:22

End of story.

Catch you all latter in the day
@toks2008, u need to be spiritually guided when it come to marrage cause its very important, psalm 25 vs 9
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 11, 2015
[quote author=bleble14 post=39899720][/quote]

As much as I would like to take you up on that offer , this thread wasn't created for that purpose , We would , as people would say , derail this beautiful thread. I will welcome your questions on another thread created for that purpose.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by halexito(m): 9:14am On Nov 11, 2015
fourfunmi:
Going through your previous posts, I think I understand you.
Though it might seem like rambling, it actually makes a lot of sense.
Many of us are so careful that we start to become "too careful"....and tell me, what's the fun in being calculative?
No lady can take any man by fire by force(she can try but for how long?)We can only steer you guys towards 'a direction'....meaning...we also need you guys' help too.
Its true, we all know what we want....but we sometimes wonder why the whole qualities doesn't come in one package and many people wonder why what should be so easy seem so hard... It is especially hard for we that have a perfect, well-structured picture of what we want. Oga toks, there'll still be tiny winy doubts even when you make that choice...lol... Is this not a mistake? Am i not compromising? Am I settling for less?etc...
Do you fancy bungee jumping?? It involves no strategy; you simply jump!!!
Maybe you should start by telling us what is it you are on the look out for...that doesn't seem a tall order as you've said.
Goodmorning...
Hmm...... You're a very sensible lady. But it is a fact ;very hardly can you find the one with your exact criteria for marriage, sometimes what you 'want' may not be what you 'need', the one you think is perfect for you will always have some flaws which you may be blind to.
There is no perfect man or woman anywhere. We just must 'complement' each other. Be the sky, i"ll be the clouds. Be the air, I'll be your fire.
We must be compatible. You know, being strong when or where the other is weak.
All in all, everyone want good things for themselves. Hence, the criteria we set for ourselves. But we should be careful not to find yourself towing the line of selfishness. Because those criterias are what YOU WANT. Sometimes the one that meets your criteria will not even be into you! You don't meet HIS or HER OWN criteria!!
We really must be careful. We become wary, doubtful and a little fearful in choosing someone to settle down with because of past experiences we've had. We fear to make the mistake of choosing the wrong one.
For some people, the the happiest day of their life was their wedding day. The ONLY happy day they can remember in the marriage. It was a descension into misery, sadness and bitter regret.
Why am I saying these?
It is because we don't know anything for certain. You can't really say this is how it will end. We need guidance. We need God in our lives!
We can't afford to make mistakes again. Toks, please, don't just jump.
A wise man look before he leaps. And I know you're NOT a fool.
Good morning everyone! Love you all.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 11, 2015
Toks2008:

LOL!

Honestly what i want in lady is not much at all and i wonder why its so difficult getting one...

Another annoying angle is that most ladies that i have as friends were met online and worse still 95% of them are not in Lagos and i so much detest long distance thing,

Sometimes when im driving and i see a hot chic,i will be like...does it make sense to park and start following a lady like mumu? At a stage i will leave my car at home and see if that will help and when i enter a bus and see a pretty lady,i will be like which kain regberegbe be this because the thought oif starting a conversation sef is crazy.

Honestly many ladies dont know what guys go through trying to settle for a lady. Even the casanovas and philanderers wil tell you that there is a huge difference between trying to get a decent lady to marry and just getting a bed warmer.

And the way you're going about it you'll only get bed warmers , look beyond the superficial as it is said that beauty is only skin deep. Get a girl who has substance.

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 11, 2015
Just came to read comments! And because you are above 30 doesnt mean you wont marry! Just wait for your turn undecided
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by ddshow(m): 9:35am On Nov 11, 2015
Toks2008:
Honestly i need a woman to come take over me completely because with the way im going im so scared that settling down may not cross my mind and there are many reasons for this.

I am so careful that i fear i may not make up my mind and not that i philander o but honestly i no get strength to woo any lady especially those wey think its still fashionable to prove hard to get.

You have programmed fear into your nervous system and it's been working like an instinct. You need to change your mindset and be audacious in approaching women. Hence, the first major step is to overcome your psychological barriers.

Secondly, always abide by the 3 Second Rule.

At a point in my life when I was looking into the challenge of talking to someone new every day for 30 days, I read about something called the 3 second rule.

The 3 second rule happens to be the most powerful pickup tool a guy or lady could have and is often referred to in these terms, but it’s a great tool for meeting new people in any context. The rule requires that if you see someone you’re interested in talking to, you have 3 seconds to walk up to them and start a conversation. It’s very simple, but extremely effective.

The reason why it’s so effective is because if you wait any longer than 3 seconds, you’ll probably end up over-thinking it and never say anything at all. With only 3 seconds, you don’t have enough time to let anxiety get the best of you. If you see someone you want to talk to, you must immediately go over and talk to them.

Stop worrying about what to say. Anything is better than nothing.

Plus, you’d be surprised by how much people especially Nigerian women actually like being talked to. And if we go back to the anecdote of being in a room full of strangers, how do you feel when someone comes up to you and starts talking to you? You feel great, right? No one wants to be the person who’s standing alone.

If we look at it holistically, you’re actually doing them a favor by talking to them, because out of everyone you've seen, you specifically chose to talk to them. If anything, they’ll be grateful that you chose to talk to them, not weirded out.

And btw, no mature lady is hard to get...all you need is patience, perseverance and the right attitude.

I hope this will help a bit.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by ddshow(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Just came to read comments! And because you are above 30 doesnt mean you wont marry! Just wait for your turn undecided

You won't just wait for your turn. You'll also need to be steadfast in your beliefs, constantly be on a garmet of love, radiate happiness and drop all egoistic tendencies.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by ddshow(m): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2015
GOOD MORNING !!!!! to all of my e-friends and family! I hope today’s a GREAT day, full of smiles, laughter & blessings, Don’t hide the sunshine inside you. smiley
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by zealril111(f): 10:02am On Nov 11, 2015
grayht:
U look cute! wink
. Thanks
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 11, 2015
zealril111:
. Thanks
smiley
zealril111:
. Thanks
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2015
ddshow:

You have programmed fear into your nervous system and it's been working like an instinct. You need to change your mindset and be audacious in approaching women. Hence, the first major step is to overcome your psychological barriers.

At a point in my life when I was looking into the challenge of talking to someone new every day for 30 days, I read about something called the 3 second rule.

The 3 second rule happens to be the most powerful pickup tool a guy or lady could have and is often referred to in these terms, but it’s a great tool for meeting new people in any context. The rule requires that if you see someone you’re interested in talking to, you have 3 seconds to walk up to them and start a conversation. It’s very simple, but extremely effective.

The reason why it’s so effective is because if you wait any longer than 3 seconds, you’ll probably end up over-thinking it and never say anything at all. With only 3 seconds, you don’t have enough time to let anxiety get the best of you. If you see someone you want to talk to, you must immediately go over and talk to them.

Plus, you’d be surprised by how much people especially Nigerian women actually like being talked to. And if we go back to the anecdote of being in a room full of strangers, how do you feel when someone comes up to you and starts talking to you? You feel great, right? No one wants to be the person who’s standing alone.

If we look at it holistically, you’re actually doing them a favor by talking to them, because out of everyone you've seen, you specifically chose to talk to them. If anything, they’ll be grateful that you chose to talk to them, not weirded out.

And btw, no mature lady is hard to get...all you need is patience, perseverance and the right attitude.

Cheers.
such a sensible post bro...I've learnt something new. U deserve a medal!
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 11:00am On Nov 11, 2015
bleble14:
@magneto and toks2008, thanks, hope ur day went well?
Ur welcome dear, I had a great day. hope u had a peaceful night rest. Have fun today!
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by magneto(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2015
nouvelle:
You are very right fourfunmi, a lot of people watch from the sideline, yours truly included

Just wanted to warmly welcome all the newbies: bluepearls, missbronze, fourfunmi, bleble14, vivaciousvivi, magneto

And to holla at the oldies: Toks2008, @halexito I like your write ups, gratefulme40 and as always Udysweet (est) don't stay away so much, this thread needs you smiley. And @siamia, I got the hot cup of chocolate you sent over last time, hope work is good.

Have a nice evening everyone.
Tanx a lot nouvelle. There's something abt ur moniker, it sounds so....romantic. I love it! cheesy
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by siamia(f): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2015
Gdmrn fine people, and how was Ur nite? So many msgs to read. Hmmm....am just going to sit back, sip my Pepsi (Pepsi company....this is not a free advert for u ooo, lol), and read all the lively comments. It promises to be a lovely day. Bright skies, not too hot, no rain where I am.
Christmas is fast approaching ooo, I remember a time in 9ja when NTA wud start broadcasting Xmas jingles as early as September. The atmosphere wud be electrified with the expectation of Xmas trees, Xmas gifts, Xmas cheer. We cudnt wait to go on holidays. Dresses and shoes wud be bought ahead, and friends were comparing notes and placing bets on which grotto that daddy wud take us to, this year. Then a trip to UTC or Kingsway was like a trip to heaven, laced with hopes and expectations. By October, homes wud have Xmas hangings, trees and cards.... Some cards as old as 10years, lovingly preserved and brought out yearly to decorate the rooms with. Those Xmas decor wud grace the livingroom from October to February of the next year, before being reluctantly dismantled and carefully packed into cartons and boxes, for the next Xmas.
That was the 9ja I grew up in. This year, let's make an effort to bring the spirit back to Xmas. Make plans to be a father Xmas to someone who needs it. Surprise a family passing thru tough times with a 'hamper' of uncooked rice, yams and beans. Pack some of those clothes (u and I know that u have too much), and sow them as a gift to someone who is in need. Be nice to someone. Go out of Ur way and buy a Sweet Sensation cake for someone who didn't tell u it was his/her bday, but u heard it anyway(this is not an advert either...lol).
Bottom line, do Ur bit to make the world a better place this Xmas.
The good news is u dont have to wait for Xmas before u become a nicer person. Today can become Xmas, if u want it to. Who knows......as a parliamentarian of the 30plus and single Assembly, someone might be watching u...and falling in love with u...and coming to ask u out,
So,..go for it! Your time has come!!!
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Sparkles003(f): 11:31am On Nov 11, 2015
lots of theories on marriage
uhmmm
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by gratefulme40: 11:50am On Nov 11, 2015
halexito:

Cheerfully funny that's you!
I do write sometimes, but I found these somewhere. I love it and I decided to share it. I won't take credit for it. I just copy and paste, so we can all learn from it.
Sweet dreams to you.

Plagiarism! (Lol...i never even see the write up sef. I just saw copy and paste and screamed plagiarism)
Abeg, reference it. Lol.
Good morning. Hope you are well.
Have a very beautuful day.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by prettyangel10(f): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
wink wink wink wink wink wink.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Melsan: 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
ddshow:

Cheers.
Nice one...me likey!
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by halexito(m): 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
gratefulme40:

Plagiarism! (Lol...i never even see the write up sef. I just saw copy and paste and screamed plagiarism)
Abeg, reference it. Lol.
Good morning. Hope you are well.
Have a very beautuful day.
Plagia............. What?! Lol You ehn!
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by engrelvis(m): 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
@siamia.thank u for d wonderful job u r doin.keep it up

1 Like

Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Toks2008(m): 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
bleble14:
@toks2008, u need to be spiritually guided when it come to marrage cause its very important, psalm 25 vs 9

I hear you...I just hope you are not one of those who ask a prophet or pastor if a certain person is yours or not?

Wallahi if i have a babe i want to mary and any regberegbe prophet says she is not the one..i will simply thank him and humbly ask him "Man of GOD,i thank you very much for the spiritual guide...can you please help me inquire from the same source who my woman is?her name,age,tribe,house address" If that prophet no tell me,honestly na wahala.

I repeat, the GOD factor reigns supreme but i would rather want GOD to lead me to a lady of my choice.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by fourfunmi: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hello everyone....trust we had a great day!!
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Toks2008(m): 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
ddshow:

Cheers.

My brother its different strokes for different folks abi how dem dey talk am...

In my school of taught, i find it absolutely repulsive to even woo a lady because you will do sotey woo 2 sisters of same parents in different location and they will now see you as a desperate mofo.

I am a very bold and daring person but when it comes to woman matter,im very careful. I no fit stop woman for road talk to am lai lai and sometimes after your long epistle when you finally have time to sit with one,she will just laugh and tell you..sorry im engaged and i will just smile at her but for my mind i go say "This girl well at all?,why she allow me waste time after all the planning"

I remember the day i saw one hot chic and i decided to follow her cos as i wrote,i will never stopp a lady on the road..so i followed her and told myself that day "anywhere this babe go i go follow even if she enter bus to Maiduguri i go enter"

Aftyer walking very long distance she went somewhere and sat down then i just sighed by her side and told her "sis do you freaking know from where i have been following you?" she was like oh sorry o and that alone got me pissed with that sarcastic remark but i swallow spit kon dey tart convo...

After all said and done, na student and year one for that matter and to make matter worse,na 17 year old girl wey carry body like 30year old and i said to myself..this is it..i can't continue this nonsense...

So my dear its not an esy task expecially for decent minded people like me and i no wan make girls know me as area toaster.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Toks2008(m): 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2015
fourfunmi:
Going through your previous posts, I think I understand you.
Though it might seem like rambling, it actually makes a lot of sense.
Many of us are so careful that we start to become "too careful"....and tell me, what's the fun in being calculative?
No lady can take any man by fire by force(she can try but for how long?)We can only steer you guys towards 'a direction'....meaning...we also need you guys' help too.
Its true, we all know what we want....but we sometimes wonder why the whole qualities doesn't come in one package and many people wonder why what should be so easy seem so hard... It is especially hard for we that have a perfect, well-structured picture of what we want. Oga toks, there'll still be tiny winy doubts even when you make that choice...lol... Is this not a mistake? Am i not compromising? Am I settling for less?etc...
Do you fancy bungee jumping?? It involves no strategy; you simply jump!!!
Maybe you should start by telling us what is it you are on the look out for...that doesn't seem a tall order as you've said.
Goodmorning...

Ok as regards the bold lettering

No be say i be super man,or i get better money for account sef and law of diminishing return don dey enter my athletic body but then i can't cope with making love to my wife and fantasizing about another woman NEVER.

So my policy is "get the lady that turns you on physically" and i cant stress this enough..i have no business with a lady that will not give me a hard-on just by looking at her even when dressed up so the topmost quality is that my lady must be pleasing to my eyes because what pleases the eyes apparently will be pleasing to the soul and in my world i have zero tolerance for philandering before or after marriage so i really need to carefully go for wettin i want.

Then financial independence is very vital..not that i want a millionaire but even if na 500naira you dey make per day.its a good start and i will know that you are not a liability.

Excellence in the kitchen is non negotiable because i love good foods like kilode....

Then let her pretend to be GOD fearing at least for the duration of our lifetime together...In my opinion these are not too much to look out for o abi guys in the house abi aseju ti wo ni?
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
Good evening my darlings.

Hope we all had a lovely day?
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by xkris11(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Woooo this thread is moving faster than imagine....now page 69...
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by xkris11(m): 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
zealril111:
Very nice thread with mostly mature comments. I'm 26 so I guess I don't really. Belong here. Anyways, I pray that anyone looking for true love will be blessed beyond measure. By the way I'm also single....

True love..is there anything like that?
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
zealril111:
Very nice thread with mostly mature comments. I'm 26 so I guess I don't really. Belong here. Anyways, I pray that anyone looking for true love will be blessed beyond measure. By the way I'm also single....
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by gratefulme40: 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Toks2008:

My brother its different strokes for different folks abi how dem dey talk am...

In my school of taught, i find it absolutely repulsive to even woo a lady because you will do sotey woo 2 sisters of same parents in different location and they will now see you as a desperate mofo.

I am a very bold and daring person but when it comes to woman matter,im very careful. I no fit stop woman for road talk to am lai lai and sometimes after your long epistle when you finally have time to sit with one,she will just laugh and tell you..sorry im engaged and i will just smile at her but for my mind i go say "This girl well at all?,why she allow me waste time after all the planning"

I remember the day i saw one hot chic and i decided to follow her cos as i wrote,i will never stopp a lady on the road..so i followed her and told myself that day "anywhere this babe go i go follow even if she enter bus to Maiduguri i go enter"

Aftyer walking very long distance she went somewhere and sat down then i just sighed by her side and told her "sis do you freaking know from where i have been following you?" she was like oh sorry o and that alone got me pissed with that sarcastic remark but i swallow spit kon dey tart convo...

After all said and done, na student and year one for that matter and to make matter worse,na 17 year old girl wey carry body like 30year old and i said to myself..this is it..i can't continue this nonsense...

So my dear its not an esy task expecially for decent minded people like me and i no wan make girls know me as area toaster.

Hmmm...uncle Toks, do people still do this? I mean following a random lady on the road to woo her.

I dont know ooo. Me i dont really take such men/guys serious. In fact, i hardly even give audience sef to such men ooo.

Na when i was a teenager i entertained such......right now, i dont.
Re: If Ur 30 Plus And Single, Let's Talk... by Toks2008(m): 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
gratefulme40:

Hmmm...uncle Toks, do people still do this? I mean following a random lady on the road to woo her.

I dont know ooo. Me i dont really take such men/guys serious. In fact, i hardly even give audience sef to such men ooo.

Na when i was a teenager i entertained such......right now, i dont.

Better start giving them audience because YES guys still do that and its a decent way of approaching a lady rather than stopping her on the road and you dont get to see your spec everyday so when a man sees one,he berrer take action without effizy.

btw shey no be random man go woo you before? at least u dont know him from adam so there is always a first time one random guy will see u and like you lol...

Wooing a lady no get formula..each man with his style

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (138) (Reply)

I Need A Sugar Mummy Urgently / Meet New Cool People And Just Make Friends / Best 10 International Online Dating Sites Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.