Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. (34056 Views)

Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago / When Your Mom Is A Complete Nigerian Woman.know Your Mum Is A Nigerian 1 When Yo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nihilist: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Probably the most stupidd article I've read in a while...

The author doesn't take the time to prove that correction of a woman is done solely for the purpose of getting married.

The author fails to recognise the simple fact the the vast majority of women WILL get married and run homes in the future, and thus such correction are actually of upmost importance and offer a lot value.

Another feminist themed drivel of an article, based on a non-starter, and not really inspiring anyone at all.

If you like don't learn to tidy your room, and be shouting feminist propaganda in your husband's soon-to-be-filthy house...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by PasD(m): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
.....and thy desire shall be upon thy husband.

God made it so from the beginning. kill me later. grin.....and thy desire shall be upon thy husband.

God made it so from the beginning. kill me later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by tomdon(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
noisr
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
grin
anonimi:
Na why you come bring Orubebe matter enter this affair na

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Intrepid01(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
Where is missB beryl, pls?
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by nnamdibig(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
But even you ladies thinks that way too.
Besides what was the reason God created Eve?
Yes women should be allowed to follow their dreams but most of the successful woman around the globe are happily married. You & I knows that single ladies are known for their volatile nature in offices, banks etc even in social gathering compared to married woman in same position. Woman are more successful when they are "HAPPILY" married.
The greatest mistake most young successful women make is to think that they can leave without a man.
Yes everybody will not marry but the more successful ones are the happily married ones that are submissive to their husbands.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
African mentality dey worry some 9ja women sha

Check this out: www.nairaland.com/2637791/letter-teenage-girls
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
nnamdibig:
But even you ladies thinks that way too.

Not all ladies.
Don't generalize please.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by harmiefash(f): 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hmm, interesting
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by safarigirl(f): 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Look how this thread is bare. The usual woman bashing threads would've been on 3 pages by now
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by psalmuelwater(m): 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Sound sultan's "oko won lode " comes to mind. Nyc writeup sha, m xpecting a counter thread.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
lilmax:
Mizmycoli we need something new, we need women to practice what they preach

Well my dear.
A sensitization/re-orientation is what's happening now.

Like I always tell myself and people, awareness is what matters.

The implication is that I will not allow myself be a victim to such thought process.
Yes, we've been victims of it for over 2-3 decades of our lives, one shouldn't expect that it'll just disappear.
Truth is, there are those days when it feels like one has gone back to square one....but you can be rest assured that this awareness will find you, and help you rise above.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Pidggin(f): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
@OP, nice post

It's time for people to realize the need for a change in attitude
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Funny but true. 90% of the self acclaimed feminist are the ones who will eat a man's poo just to get a ring on her finger.Many don't practice what they preach, just few.
You don't have to be a feminist to be an independent woman. One who knows her right and can't be pushed into marriage due to societal pressure.

Tallesty1:
A Lady after reading this:

Lady: Oh, I love this. Thanks MizMyColi, I just wish our ladies will learn.

Then she receives a message from boo.

Boo: Are you free? Let's hang out.

Lady: Oh! I love this. Thanks boo.

So she goes out with boo, straffs him all night and everything she read wipes out automatically.

And everything still remains thesame.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
Good points.

So I guess we men should also stop seeing our selfs as Atm.

That means people should stop telling me to work hard so that I can have enough to take care of my family.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by proxillin(m): 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
And if we have a man behaving childishly... they say is this how you are gonna be handling your family.

If a guy beats a girl, they say ..this is how he will be beating his wife.

Its a natural order. You cant fight nature...

You see a male lion catwalking majestically to go and seize the meat killed by lionesses (females). No one is training the male lion to act that way. Its a natural order. Feminists cant do anything about it.

We groom female child for marriage. It is scientifically normal, religiously normal, culturally normal.

Men are the head....It nature. Its not our fault. Feminist take note.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
cheesy
safarigirl:
Look how this thread is bare. The usual woman bashing threads would've been on 3 pages by now
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by raayah(f): 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
Such a beautiful post!!

A blast of fresh air from the usual misogynist articles on nairaland!

Growing up as a young girl in Nigeria is hard!!
If a young woman burns rice while cooking, the next thing you will hear is " You will not find husband" oh!!

In that useless thread of yesterday, Imagine a young unmarried man, expecting a woman to clean his house, wash his clothes, feed him and give him children while he sits down in front of the TV claiming man of the house. Olorun Maje!!

We have raised entitled babies as men who demand and demand and we have also raised our women to be men-caretakers!

Women , you are worth more than a title and ring.

5 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by tartarus(m): 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nihilist:
Probably the most stupidd article I've read in a while...

The author doesn't take the time to prove that correction of a woman is done solely for the purpose of getting married.

The author fails to recognise the simple fact the the vast majority of women WILL get married and run homes in the future, and thus such correction are actually of upmost importance and offer value.

Another feminist themed drivel of an article, based on a non-starter, and not really inspiring anyone at all.

If you like don't learn to tidy your room, and be shouting feminist propaganda in your husband's soon-to-be-filthy house...

Why so scared? smiley

7 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nihilist: 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
tartarus:

Why so scared? smiley

Scared of what exactly?
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
grin
raayah:
Such a beautiful post!!

A blast of fresh air from the usual misogynist articles on nairaland!
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by ednut1(m): 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nice article. But some things are jst meant to be d way nature nd God put it. In the West where women are empowered what do u have, women refusing to marry, women as baby mamas from diff men, women using anonymous sperm donors, high divorce rate. Life itself is not fair btw.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by eagleccentric(m): 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hmmm, i laff

The way this world is configured, man cannot do without the woman and neither can the woman do without the man!!

All those crying for woman emancipation, ur only true emancipation is when you build your own home with bricks supplied by the man God prepared for you.

Its easy to feel swayed by such sentiments as these, but by the time you start getting to 31, 32, 33, 34... ur song will change oh!!

A woman's primary assignment is the care of her home, and when she fails in dat, she has failed all..

Hmmmmmmm, (shaking my head)
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by lezz(m): 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
This writeup is written by a Nigerian, especially for Nigerian Ladies.
Please understand that while I and the writer share this view, you are under no obligation to share.
If it does not resonate with you...please feel free to toss it out and shout like Orubebe did "WE WILL NOT TAKE THIS; THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE"
If it does resonate with you, please welcome like a breath of fresh air.

https://wordsmithf./2015/09/30/woman-you-are-more-than-a-ring-and-a-title/

Behind all this veiled call to social revolution lies the real danger of your sophistry in feminism.

I will submit all I have been saying timelessly, the ultimate joy and fulfilment of REAL WOMEN is motherhood and a home with a loving husband.

No official elevation or business achievement comes close to giving women such joy and ecstatic fulfilment endlessly.

Our fathers and mothers of old know this.

The joys of promotions
Business endorsement
Entrepreneurial elevation are always shortlived.

But the joy of motherhood and being the beacon and queen of a home is never-ending.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nihilist: 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well my dear.
A sensitization/re-orientation is what's happening now.

Like I always tell myself and people, awareness is what matters.

The implication is that I will not allow myself be a victim to such thought process.
Yes, we've been victims of it for over 2-3 decades of our lives, one shouldn't expect that it'll just disappear.
Truth is, there are those days when it feels like one has gone back to square one....but you can be rest assured that this awareness will find you, and help you rise above.

I'm sorry what?

Are you going to get married in future?

if so, where is the victimisation in correcting a bad habit that could be taken to your husbands' house?

4 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by tintingz(m): 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
This post is a waste of time.

Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. (Ephesians 5:22)
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
lezz:
Behind all this veiled call to social revolution lies the real danger of your sophistry in feminism.

I will submit all I have been saying timelessly, the ultimate joy and fulfilment of REAL WOMEN is motherhood and a home with a loving husband.

No official elevation or business achievement come close to giving women such joy and ecstatic fulfilment endlessly.

Our fathers and mothers of old know this.

The joys of promotions
Business endorsement
Entrepreneurial elevation are always shortlived.

But the joy of motherhood and being the beacon and queen of a home is never-ending.

Did you read this part?

I believe that such backward thinking, rather than creating strong stable marriages only leads to a weak form of it. For a marriage should be between two individuals who know themselves and are complementing each other on their personal growth and development and NOT where one person seeks value and worth in another person or institution
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
Funny enough I happened to be home yesterday where a discussion with my mum led to this same question, and my honest viewpoint on it was that marriage isn't the end for any woman, in fact the issue of treating ladies of marriageable age that are yet to find their soulmate as though they have some affliction is barbaric and backward, but at same time, lemme say again for the umpteenth time that this issue of ladies being objectified in this part of the world is 95% their own making, maybe they remaining 5% of the blame goes to the system. I don't know about other parts of the country, but where I come from women are comparatively empowered, at this point women are given special consideration in government, jobs and all. In fact there's a popular saying down here that the resource a father spends on one daughter equals what he'd spend raising 5 sons, the boys are supposed to hustle. But you find out that peer influence and the general social mindset still makes this ladies wait to be provided for. Them supposed feminists are already rearing heads up and totally concurring with the post, question is, have you changed your attitude and mindset that leads to your whole life being dependent on marriage? Albeit, OP your friend didn't do enough, only telling "woman" to "know thyself" without telling her how isn't enough.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Cutesexy1(f): 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
It unfortunate because it wouldnt change anything

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
Republlican:
Hairdresser give this OP and the writer two hot brazian hair on my account I totally concur kiss

Brazilian hair?
(sighs....and shuts up cry)
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Impregnates Mother, Teenage Daughter / My Husband Thinks I'm A Liar. / A Hustling Woman And Her Child Sleeping By A Roadside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.