Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. (34055 Views)

Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago / When Your Mom Is A Complete Nigerian Woman.know Your Mum Is A Nigerian 1 When Yo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by safarigirl(f): 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
4C2215131:

Actually I was writing in the third person perspective...wasn't slinging shots your way girl. Just tired of seeing this same 'ole stuff creeping up again and again.

P.S. Just like there are faithful women out there, there sure are faithful men. In fact I know a coupla them and these are full bloodied, modern, successful, urbane men, not some nerdy, glass-wearing, prone to vacillating, whimpering, uptight, sissy of a man. I say this as most people assume that men that don't cheat are like that cos of the fact that they aren't attractive enough, man enough or do not possess the material wherewithal to do so, or they are just plain weird (incestuous pricks!).
I'm aware, I just wish to absolve myself of these notions. I don't wish to go into anything expecting too much of anyone
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by 1trillionlikes: 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

I can bet this precious waterbottle on my table that you are no more a believer in God than I am.
then, those elders are right, you are fighting that now, you'll realize they are right in years to come. #shalom#
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Oluboonmi(f): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
1trillionlikes:

then, those elders are right, you are fighting that now, you'll realize they are right in years to come. #shalom#
[quote author=Tallesty1 post=38593662]A Lady after reading this:

Lady: Oh, I love this. Thanks MizMyColi, I just wish our ladies will learn.

Then she receives a message from boo.

Boo: Are you free? Let's hang out.

Lady: Oh! I love this. Thanks boo.

So she goes out with boo, straffs him all night and everything she read wipes out automatically.

And everything still remains thesame.

BTW, the op failed to realize that marriage increases a man's or a woman's worth too. I don't care who you are or what you have achieved, if you are single then you are incomplete.

And What's with people and their recent attack on marriage btw? Is marriage the only institution that is failing?

Nothing on earth is better than a blessed marriage, it's an achievement on its own, the reason most fail is is our sin.

It is sin that will make a man to hit his woman. It is sin that will make a man see a woman as a lesser being, it's sin that will make a man to cheat on, beat or mistreat his woman in any way. Same thing goes for the woman.

Listen, if we all should repent and follow God's guidelines for marriage then believe you me that marriage will become the best thing on earth.

I know that people will misunderstand me here but I am only responsible for what I mean, not what they understand.

First thing first, a single man is a lonely man and loneliness is an awful thing; it is emptiness, incompleteness, lack of communion, lack of personal companionship. Loneliness is the lack of opportunity to share yourself with someone who understands. If you don't have that person, you are incomplete.

You quoted Bible first so let's rub mind there too, a woman was created to be a helper suitable for man, compatible with him spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically. She is his complement, providing what he lacks and fulfilling his potential.

How woman was created: God took a rib out of the man and from it made a woman. While he created man out of the constituents of soil, he made woman out of man. She is part of him. In fact, she has part of him, and man is incomplete until he gets that part back in the person of a wife.

You mentioned 19th century, bro does it mean that the purpose of marriage then and now are no longer the same? If yes then who changed it?

First, I am not a 'bro'.
You mentioned that a single man is a lonely man, I guess that comes with being-a-guy.
Are you saying every person that is married is complete? Since you mentioned that a man is incomplete until he gets a wife. Cos I know people that are lonely even in marriage.
The 19thC stuff; over the years, there's bin a change in the view of marriage. It's not before. Ppl are more likely enlightened

Sorry I said u live in 19th C. that's kinda harsh.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by iamkingzlee(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by iamkingzlee(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
safarigirl:
lol, just tryna help the society. Long time, how've you been?
Nwannem, Nna ehn.... Long time, dear. I"ve been gooood. how far you?
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tallesty1(m): 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
Epaul:
Oga, You really should be the one to understand that marriage does not and has never completed a man any more than being a nairalander completes you. We come complete. Everyone of us. We are no half men, half vacuum needed to be filled up by half women, half vacuum who themselves need similar gesture from us. To maintain otherwise is a big fib Oga. You should understand this and stop pole-vaulting crass twaddle under the flimsy facade of Religion. If the sky-porter that be had intended to design marriage as a 'without-which-not', everyone who opt not to tie the knot would be incomplete including Jesus, Paul et al. And that much is certain. No exceptions. Truth, however, is that marriage is very much optional not a sine qua non to our existence.
Your gift of celibacy drivel is pointless and doesn't prove the contrary. Your bible never said marriage is a 'must-do'. To use your bible to evidence that marriage is optional, here is what one of the lawyers turned authority and silver-tail of the spirit said:

1 Corinthians 7:8 New International Version (NIV)
"Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do"

Did paul say the unmarried and the widows need the gift of celibacy to stay unmarried like him? No!
If marriage completes a man as you are ignorantly making a last-ditch attempt to prove, why was apostle paul advising the unmarried to remain single as he did? Was Paul telling them to stay incomplete? Of course, not. As a matter of fact, Paul felt being single is a better option and makes one even more complete. Hence, his advice. Except you want to claim you are more drunk in the spirit than Paul to have come up with your absolute claim.
I know you would want to argue that the above scripture was Paul's personal conjecture. If that was Paul's personal conjecture, then it means 'all scriptures are not inspired by God' as the bible purported which makes your celibacy claim even more specious.

As a matter of fact, marriage has destroyed more men and woman than singlehood has done; marriage has rendered more people incomplete than being single has done.

Not everyone can cut it as 'married' and that doesn't make them incomplete.

I understand you needed likes to pump up your ego that was why you resorted to putting up your above reply in your initial front-page post rather than replying my post squarely.
Stop jumping to premature conclusions sir.

I placed it there to serve as a response to others that intend to ask me the same or similar questions.

Listen. We may dislike marriage because many are ending up in divorce, but marriage has an invisible magnet, a universal pull that brings human beings of like mind and soul together.

Something tells me that you don't understand what I meant by woman completes a man.

Have you ever wondered why we call our significant other our “better half.”

I don't know for certain but I think it may have to do with the loneliness factor and the feeling that one is not whole.

4instance, Adam was complete as himself, but, in the sense of being a part of the human family, he was incomplete. He needed Eve. A woman that sacrificed her entire life to be a part of someone him, she gave him hope and stability and provided him with all that could help him make a family of his own. She also acted as his strength by holding his hand when the times were tough and a beacon of hope when it was dark, she was his therapist when he failed and his councilor when he felt all was lost. She completed him.

Husbands turn to wives when they need something or qualities that they might be short on and have experienced suffering due to the lack of it. Two good heads are better than one. Hence, the notion of being completed by a partner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tallesty1(m): 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
Epaul:
Oga, You really should be the one to understand that marriage does not and has never completed a man any more than being a nairalander completes you. We come complete. Everyone of us. We are no half men, half vacuum needed to be filled up by half women, half vacuum who themselves need similar gesture from us. To maintain otherwise is a big fib Oga. You should understand this and stop pole-vaulting crass twaddle under the flimsy facade of Religion. If the sky-porter that be had intended to design marriage as a 'without-which-not', everyone who opt not to tie the knot would be incomplete including Jesus, Paul et al. And that much is certain. No exceptions. Truth, however, is that marriage is very much optional not a sine qua non to our existence.
Your gift of celibacy drivel is pointless and doesn't prove the contrary. Your bible never said marriage is a 'must-do'. To use your bible to evidence that marriage is optional, here is what one of the lawyers turned authority and silver-tail of the spirit said:

1 Corinthians 7:8 New International Version (NIV)
"Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do"

Did paul say the unmarried and the widows need the gift of celibacy to stay unmarried like him? No!
If marriage completes a man as you are ignorantly making a last-ditch attempt to prove, why was apostle paul advising the unmarried to remain single as he did? Was Paul telling them to stay incomplete? Of course, not. As a matter of fact, Paul felt being single is a better option and makes one even more complete. Hence, his advice. Except you want to claim you are more drunk in the spirit than Paul to have come up with your absolute claim.
I know you would want to argue that the above scripture was Paul's personal conjecture. If that was Paul's personal conjecture, then it means 'all scriptures are not inspired by God' as the bible purported which makes your celibacy claim even more specious.

As a matter of fact, marriage has destroyed more men and woman than singlehood has done; marriage has rendered more people incomplete than being single has done.

Not everyone can cut it as 'married' and that doesn't make them incomplete.

I understand you needed likes to pump up your ego that was why you resorted to putting up your above reply in your initial front-page post rather than replying my post squarely.

I placed it there to serve as a response to others that intend to ask me the same or similar questions.

Listen. We may dislike marriage because many are ending up in divorce, but marriage has an invisible magnet, a universal pull that brings human beings of like mind and soul together.

Something tells me that you don't understand what I meant by woman completes a man.

I don't know for certain but I think it may have to do with the loneliness factor and the feeling that one is not whole.

4instance, Adam was complete as himself, but, in the sense of being a part of the human family, he was incomplete. He needed Eve. A woman that sacrificed her entire life to be a part of him, she gave him hope and stability and provided him with all that could help him make a family of his own. She also acted as his strength by holding his hand when the times were tough and a beacon of hope when it was dark, she was his therapist when he failed and his councilor when he felt all was lost. She completed him.

Husbands turn to wives when they need something or qualities that they might be short on and have experienced suffering due to the lack of it. Two good heads are better than one. Hence, the notion of being completed by a partner.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by babygirlfl: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Glad to see my friend inspire ladies on a wider scale.
If anyone has ever wondered what it is about me and how I think/the folks I mingle with, look no further!
One of them wrote this.

cheesy

I remember when I started politics newly....he is the one thing that kept me in that section during the early days.
His words ring loud and true every now and then.

I look at the guy who wrote this, and I'm hopeful for the Nigerian Man.

@ bold, Well said. Trust me dear, there are some good Naija men out there. Even in Nairaland, you did see them.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

@ bold, Well said. Trust me dear, there are some good Naija men out there. Even in Nairaland, you did see them.

My darling, when I see some militant posts against females from some "grown up" men on this board...I'm talking about the "Landlords/Omonilezzz....

I'm in awe at times.

The men in my life as far as I'm concerned are the best thing since sliced bread.
Ever supportive and tolerant of me especially during my low days.

I wonder still.
But it is well sha.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tallesty1:

4instance, Adam was complete as himself, but, in the sense of being a part of the human family, he was incomplete. He needed Eve. A woman that sacrificed her entire life to be a part of him, she gave him hope and stability and provided him with all that could help him make a family of his own. She also acted as his strength by holding his hand when the times were tough and a beacon of hope when it was dark, she was his therapist when he failed and his councilor when he felt all was lost. She completed him.

my friend, I don't often belabour trite points. But since it's clear as a pikestaff you are sort of grappling with incomprehension and come off as a fellow whose opinion is not eclectic but premised solely on a book rifed with very many errors, i will do you the favour.

If there is anyone who seem to have a patently glib misunderstanding of the word 'complete', it really should be you. You speciously think 'to complete' is akin 'to complement'. That's spurious Oga. Let me help you with the difference:

To complement according to the oxford online dictionary means ''to contribute extra features to someone or something in such a way as to improve or emphasize their qualities"

To complete, on the other hand, according to cambridge dictionary means "to make whole or perfect"

whenever you say "marriage completes a man", you are actually saying "marriage makes a man whole and perfect" which is infernally wrong. It shows you know next to zilch about what you are talking. Marriage doesn't make us whole. The word 'whole' itself means "complete in itself". Man is whole. He is complete. He only needs people(friends) to complement him, to improve and emphasize his qualities that is.

All you have said about being complete - "she gave him hope and stability and provided him with all that could help him make a family of his own. She also acted as his strength by holding his hand when the times were tough and a beacon of hope when it was dark, she was his therapist when he failed and his councilor when he felt all was lost. She completed him..Husbands turn to wives when they need something or qualities that they might be short on and have experienced suffering due to the lack of it. Two good heads are better than one.", are actually to complement the man which can be enjoyed without getting married; which can be enjoyed outside wed-lock by having good friends and a supportive siblings in your life; not completing the man.

You don't need to get married to be complemented. Having good friends(either male or female) with good qualities will do. I am complete. I have good female chums who have complemented me to bits. I don't need to get married to any of them to be whole.

You should be the one to listen! Marriage doesn't complete a man! You cannot complete something that is already complete. You can only complement the thing.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tallesty1:

First of all, not everyone who is alone / single feels lonely.

Secondly, there are people who enjoy solitude.

Thirdly, there are people who are not fond of too much closeness.

Fourthly, was it not Eve who was responsible for Adam's BANISHMENT from PARADISE?
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tallesty1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
Epaul:
my friend, I don't often belabour trite points. But since it's clear as a pikestaff you are sort of grappling with incomprehension and come off as a fellow whose opinion is not eclectic but premised solely on a book rifed with very many errors, i will do you the favour.

If there is anyone who seem to have a patently glib misunderstanding of the word 'complete', it really should be you. You speciously think 'to complete' is akin 'to complement'. That's spurrious Oga. Let me help you with the difference:

To complement according to the oxford online dictionary means ''to contribute extra features to someone or something in such a way as to improve or emphasize their qualities"

To complete, on the other, according to cambridge dictionary means "to make whole or perfect"

whenever you say "marriage completes a man", you are actually saying "marriage makes a man whole and perfect" which is infernally wrong. It shows you know next to zilch about what you are talking. Marriage doesn't make us whole. The word 'whole' itself means "complete in itself". Man is whole. He is complete. He only needs people(friends) to complement him, to improve and emphasize his qualities that is.

All you have said about being complete - "she gave him hope and stability and provided him with all that could help him make a family of his own. She also acted as his strength by holding his hand when the times were tough and a beacon of hope when it was dark, she was his therapist when he failed and his councilor when he felt all was lost. She completed him..Husbands turn to wives when they need something or qualities that they might be short on and have experienced suffering due to the lack of it. Two good heads are better than one.", are actually to complement the man which can be enjoyed without getting married; which can be enjoyed outside wed-lock by having good friends and a supportive siblings in your life; not completing the man.

You don't need to get married to be complemented. Having good friends(either male or female) with good qualities will do. I am complete. I have good female chums who have complement me to bits. I don't need to get married to any of them to be whole.

You should be the one to listen! Marriage doesn't complete a man! You cannot complete something that is already complete. You can only complement the thing.
Ok........

You win
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by pickabeau1: 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
peppyluv02:
I think MizMyColi was misunderstood.
Thank God you said,the ones you know not every woman. Even my older brother finds that disgusting. Back then in Madonna as a medical student,he said what surprises him about his class girls was the fact that their ultimate ambition is getting married and funny enough they end up with just any man! One who doesn't encourage them and gets easily intimidated. That is why many of them end up not practicing. Just to get a title..may Amadioha forbid that for me and the women in my generation. Marriage will come but our life purpose should go along with it.

It is utterly simplistic to say marriage is the reason female doctors don't practice

Other reasons

Job opportunities
Mobility
Specialisation

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
This writeup is written by a Nigerian, especially for Nigerian Ladies.
Please understand that while I and the writer share this view, you are under no obligation to share.
If it does not resonate with you...please feel free to toss it out and shout like Orubebe did "WE WILL NOT TAKE THIS; THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE"
If it does resonate with you, please welcome like a breath of fresh air.

https://wordsmithf./2015/09/30/woman-you-are-more-than-a-ring-and-a-title/

Thank you very much.
Finally a post not advising women on how to be perfect girlfriends and wives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
pickabeau1:

It is utterly simplistic to say marriage is the reason female doctors don't practice

Other reasons

Job opportunities
Mobility
Specialisation

Job opportunities: women are universally seen as less competent than men which is sexism at work.
Mobility: of course as a girl it's 'abnormal' to travel from place to place even though it's for job purposes so people don't think you're into sex work and also the fact that married women can only move when their husbands decide.
Specialisation: they never have time for that because they are supposedly supposed to be married with kids at the said time it takes for that and then a bonus point, a female medical doctor with a specialty with a high rank is often than not seen as a threat and "emasculating" factor.

So no, that comment isn't simplistic in any way

3 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by pickabeau1: 8:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
girly00zero:

Job opportunities: women are universally seen as less competent than men which is sexism at work.
Mobility: of course as a girl it's 'abnormal' to travel from place to place even though it's for job purposes so people don't think you're into sex work and also the fact that married women can only move when their husbands decide.
Specialisation: they never have time for that because they are supposedly supposed to be married with kids at the said time it takes for that and then a bonus point, a female medical doctor with a specialty with a high rank is often than not seen as a threat and "emasculating" factor.

So no, that comment isn't simplistic in any way

I'm not sure u understood the post

Her statement was marriage is d reason females don't practice

You just rather explained my points
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tallesty1:
Ok........

You win
lol. Oga, It was not a fete. I really wasn't arguing to win you. I was only arguing to refute and help dispel the erroneous notion - ''marriage completes the man/woman" and also learn from your argument.

We disagree to agree. Don't take it too personal. I'm still 'a follower'. Do have a lovely Night.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
I have learnt today that there is a difference between complement and complete.

Thanks Epaul.

Now, let me sit on my paw paw tree and wait for someone to come and preach to me that I am incomplete because Mrs and stoned ring never enter the equation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by LastProphet: 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal1:
Pitiably it's a man's world. Man was created to be stronger, faster and a protector to the woman. It is just natural the woman would feel secure being in his arms, being cared for by him as he leads the home being the stronger vessel like i said. It's on this premise coupled with the submissiveness their religions preaches that ensures women are automated from infant to view marriage as the eldorado of female existence. My sister write a billion articles like this if you want, but this order will not change soon. Except you want men to stop being stronger, except you want women to stop following what the pastor, imam, bible, quoran say.

Even many women reading this are so consumed with the love of marriage and marriage related things that nothing matters than that day and the r

espect of being addressed as Mrs.

if in 2015 you are still thinking strength is muscles then sorry. the op has said something that is beyond the IQ of 90% of Nigerians so you are excused for not understanding

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
pickabeau1:

I'm not sure u understood the post

Her statement was marriage is d reason females don't practice

You just rather explained my points

Yes, to prove there wasn't anything simplistic about the first comment.
Maybe we both are misunderstanding each other
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
safarigirl:
your English is barely comprehensible. You'll have to work on it, then maybe I can understand you enough to give you a proper reply
ur good grammar can't get u a dummy hubby.it hasn't worked and will never. tongue...to think u are better than is laughable.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
sonofananimal:
LOLZ! On a serious note: I don't have anything against FEMINIST or whatsoever, my problem is with the hypocritic NAIJA WOMEN. There are talking about equal right but still want the men to pay bride price, equal right but you won't see them proposing to a man but rather says “god forbid ” equal right but there will want you to pay there tp, food money and you won't see the so called NAIJA WOMEN saying “let me pay half of it” but rather asking you to pay undecided

Shall the OP is just pouring out her depression. Nothing much
I hope everybody goes for their ilk...don't spread ur Vernon to others and don't marry sb to torment them.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by pickabeau1: 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
girly00zero:

Yes, to prove there wasn't anything simplistic about the first comment.
Maybe we both are misunderstanding each other

As I said before u just further explained my points

Read the exchange then u will flow
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MrLouisVanGaal1: 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
LastProphet:

if in 2015 you are still thinking strength is muscles then sorry. the op has said something that is beyond the IQ of 90% of Nigerians so you are excused for not understanding

my brother....does advance in time change the fact that women are the weaker sex. Anatomically, physiologically and psychologically. The moment you understand that being intellectually sound doesn't translate to superiority of the feminine gender. The better your home will be orelse you are just gonna be a paper for the loo in her hands all in the name of equality.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MrLouisVanGaal1: 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I have learnt today that there is a difference between complement and complete.

Thanks Epaul.

Now, let me sit on my paw paw tree and wait for someone to come and preach to me that I am incomplete because Mrs and stoned ring never enter the equation.

You are probably between 19 and 25. A time where a young lady can be wild and free and say things like 'i don't need marriage' 'i don't need a man'. in 5, 10 or 20 years time when you would achieved all you want in life, shut out everyone mocking you for still being single, you will then sit and realize you are an emotional creature. Emphasis on emotional. At that time you will know what the word 'void' means in the dictionary and then you will fully understand what a ring and a Mrs completing you actually meant. Not the naive, girlish understanding you have now. It's funny how one of your champions Beyonce never gave that ring a second thought and she even brags with the name Mrs Carter.

3 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by LastProphet: 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal1:

my brother....does advance in time change the fact that women are the weaker sex. Anatomically, physiologically and psychologically. The moment you understand that being intellectually sound doesn't translate to superiority of the feminine gender. The better your home will be orelse you are just gonna be a paper for the loo in her hands all in the name of equality.

the person that provided the most leadership in the lsst organization I worked was a woman and she beat many of us men to it without contest. at a point we started to call her MANdam! bros you don't become a leader in the family because you have a joystick! you got to earn it abeg, lets stop deceiving ourselves abeg

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by safarigirl(f): 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
kosplateau:

ur good grammar can't get u a dummy hubby.it hasn't worked and will never. tongue...to think u are better than is laughable.
and your bad grammar can only get you a liability. And what sort of English is 'to think u are better than'...are you dyslexic?
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by awesome11(m): 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
Let me just add this witty statement from Late Myles Munroe. You are ready to date when you don't need to. In other words, one's readiness for marriage is to the extent to which one feels whole or complete within yourself, apart from any other person(of course, except God). If a crucially deficient being enters into the marriage institution, the entire relationship is built on that deficiency and that's a recipe for marital collapse.

Like the OP said, children, especially the female gender should be strategically parented to exhibit self-love, which is a prerequisite for others-love.

By the way, someone is wailing about the seeming over flogging of marital issues. Sure, marriage is not the only failing institution. The religious, political, economic, financial, educational institutions are all failing. But, the marriage institution is the principal determinant of the success of these other institutions. Hope you get my point... We simply can't over flogg d issue..

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by safarigirl(f): 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
iamkingzlee:
Nwannem, Nna ehn.... Long time, dear. I"ve been gooood. how far you?
I've been fine as well. You're scarce around here
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by sipsip(m): 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
This writeup is written by a Nigerian, especially for Nigerian Ladies.
Please understand that while I and the writer share this view, you are under no obligation to share.
If it does not resonate with you...please feel free to toss it out and shout like Orubebe did "WE WILL NOT TAKE THIS; THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE"
If it does resonate with you, please welcome like a breath of fresh air.

https://wordsmithf./2015/09/30/woman-you-are-more-than-a-ring-and-a-title/

I just simply love you for this piece.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by lonelydora: 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
Adaeze003:

The beauty of a woman lies within her actually.

Secondly, Paul in the same bible advised men and women to stay single but to avoid sin, get married.

The point is not in any way to undermine marriage and all that it stands for. It might be to change the mentality and orientation.

Man and woman are dependent on each other and not one more than the other as we have been made to believe. The man and the woman need marriage equally and not one more than the other. So, girls should be brought up to find value in themselves first and not hoping to find value WHEN they get married.

Another point is, some poor women are also unmarried not just the wealthy ones so I guess it is safe to say that not everyone will get married. That said, what will you rather have? A woman gnashing her teeth, living in penury because she is unmarried or one who is actually excelling in other aspects of life?

And please, enough of the "they cry all night " talk, some people who are married cry as well! Marriage is not a sure route to happiness and fulfillment. Such is life so, let's stop deluding ourselves. But then again, I guess it is better to cry "married" than single abi? grin

This is the only part i love @ bolded.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MrLouisVanGaal1: 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
LastProphet:

the person that provided the most leadership in the lsst organization I worked was a woman and she beat many of us men to it without contest. at a point we started to call her MANdam! bros you don't become a leader in the family because you have a joystick! you got to earn it abeg, lets stop deceiving ourselves abeg

Is madam single?? Don't deviate from the topic here. Madam needs her wedding ring and her Mrs and if she doesnt have it yet, i can bet that she is either sad in her quiet time that despite all her successes, she has no man to return to to share it with or she's already in the process of getting that man. A woman needs a man in her life..Kapish!!!!

Btw hope you are are aware men are easily predisposed to women hence opening up opportunities you a man will work your asss off to get. So women being more successful is usually the perception of the female sex and not necessarily by intelligence or skill. Women get what they want because men and women like them are gonna listen more to them than you and i

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Husband Thinks I'm A Liar. / Man Impregnates Mother, Teenage Daughter / A Hustling Woman And Her Child Sleeping By A Roadside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.