Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. (34067 Views)

Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago / When Your Mom Is A Complete Nigerian Woman.know Your Mum Is A Nigerian 1 When Yo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tamee(f): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by free2ryhme: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
This writeup is written by a Nigerian, especially for Nigerian Ladies.
Please understand that while I and the writer share this view, you are under no obligation to share.
If it does not resonate with you...please feel free to toss it out and shout like Orubebe did "WE WILL NOT TAKE THIS; THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE"
If it does resonate with you, please welcome like a breath of fresh air.

https://wordsmithf./2015/09/30/woman-you-are-more-than-a-ring-and-a-title/

I wonder why u pushed your view to the frontpage if you want people to just take a stroll

neither you nor your kind will ever change the fact that women must marry whatever perspective you look at it from
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Adaeze003(f): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
lonelydora:
"The beauty of a woman is her husband"......... So they taught me.

WEEK...... women's education ends in kitchen. So I heard in primary school. But my wife's own didn't end in kitchen though.

Proverbs 31......... told me something about being a virtuous woman. And verse 11 says "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that He shall have no need of spoil"

I assume you are a christian, read it first and come back let's talk.

See Op, all these rich ladies are not happy they are not married. They cry in their secrets. Some of them confided in me and told me so. Ask Linda and Genevive, you think they don't want to be like Omotola?

The beauty of a woman lies within her actually.

Secondly, Paul in the same bible advised men and women to stay single but to avoid sin, get married.

The point is not in any way to undermine marriage and all that it stands for. It might be to change the mentality and orientation.

Man and woman are dependent on each other and not one more than the other as we have been made to believe. The man and the woman need marriage equally and not one more than the other. So, girls should be brought up to find value in themselves first and not hoping to find value WHEN they get married.

Another point is, some poor women are also unmarried not just the wealthy ones so I guess it is safe to say that not everyone will get married. That said, what will you rather have? A woman gnashing her teeth, living in penury because she is unmarried or one who is actually excelling in other aspects of life?

And please, enough of the "they cry all night " talk, some people who are married cry as well! Marriage is not a sure route to happiness and fulfillment. Such is life so, let's stop deluding ourselves. But then again, I guess it is better to cry "married" than single abi? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by ronald4lif(m): 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tamee:

Good.
Are you a man or a woman?

My gender is obvious. I'm no Catilyn Jenner. tongue
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
VenusBetty:
A married lady went for an interview and was very late, when asked why she was late, her reply was I'M MARRIED! The man harshly told her to get out of His office. Is that an excuse?
yes..she tags marriage to laziness. be professional if u wanna work.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by bukatyne(f): 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
ronald4lif:

Perhaps I made a blanket statement. But a lot of your clique I've encountered don't assume much of a financial responsibility when in an affair. The aspect of even financial responsibility is where I'm much indifferent with Nigerian feminism.

My clique! Haha!

Feminism is basically saying men & women are equal etc. etc.

How a person decides to interpret that is subjective of his/her environment, values, society etc.

A feminist can decide that her husband is the provider and handles everything finance why she handles everything domestic (probably stay at home). etc. Taking care of the house is not lowly to working outside the home

However, I do agree that there are a number of charlatans who wants the privileges without responsibilities... but again, this is a human vice and not a feminist vice.

And just how we have Christians in name only, we would have feminists in name only.

And I see a lot of feminism = not marrying/ needing a man undecided

If we go that route, then men should not need marriage/women because they are 'superior' to women.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Zuriela: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
peppyluv02:
Funny but true. 90% of the self acclaimed feminist are the ones who will eat a man's poo just to get a ring on her finger.Many don't practice what they preach, just few.

Chop kiss
I know a lot of them like that too.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by nonjebose(m): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
suwalee:
teach dem ow to get a man nd ow to keep their homes not dis plz
God bless you. Wise words
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tallesty1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
bukatyne:

I think you are mixing things up

Nobody has said marriage is bad.... at least not the OP; however, marriage is not the end, it is a means to an end.

Men desire to marry too but how many men are solely trained for marriage?

A woman is much more than a wife.

And the fact a woman knows herself does not mean she would not have relationships or a marriage.

Epaul:
If your claim that "if you are single then you are incomplete" is anything to go by, isn't it safe then to say Jesus, Paul, John the baptist were very much incomplete since they never knew the innards of a woman despite being the purported silver-tails of the spirit? Doesn't that make flimflam of christianity in that their 'lord and personal savior' was, in fact, an incomplete bloke who never got married?

Lols. I modified my comment to add that part when I saw someone's comment here.

I am just looking for her trouble this afternoon
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MrLouisVanGaal1: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
nasha1:

Preach brother,preach.How come the op has been opening endless threads about self-worth,happiness,not being defined by marriage,all her long essay revolve around a self-pity party. grin

This is the problem with the op and it is a problem with many girls. They possess a constant need to remind themselves of their worth so as to give their low self esteem a lift. These types of women survive off places like the Internet. They have no life off it. They constantly need attention from guys who will surely give it to them abundantly on the Internet. They are not happy people but use all the long essays and articles like this to comfort themselves and create a false sense of worth. Once this article is past, she'll return to her usual shell of self pity and on a good day after sobbing over her boring life, she creates another self inspiring article. Its a cycle n u can see from the topics created

2 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by ceecee0703(m): 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
kosplateau:

bro, it is a criterion ..but actually it seems like one of the unwritten criteria. That was a bachelor US President.

sorry who was a bachelor US president
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by bukatyne(f): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tallesty1:

Lols. I modified my comment to add that part when I saw someone's comment here.

I am just looking for her trouble this afternoon

angry embarassed

Be careful, I have an elixir to make you twice as tall as you are if you are tall, and ditto if you are short.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by bukatyne(f): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
4C2215131:

Not really...just that coming across as 'socially correct' (an indispensable index in her line of business) is a pretty huge motivator to acting out a script of everything being honky-dory at home and the like.

True that.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
bukatyne:

My clique! Haha!

How a person decides to interpret that is subjective of his/her environment, values, society etc.

A feminist can decide that her husband is the provider and handles everything finance why she handles everything domestic (probably stay at home). etc. Taking care of the house is not lowly to working outside the home

However, I do agree that there are a number of charlatans who wants the privileges without responsibilities... but again, this is a human vice and not a feminist vice.

And just how we have Christians in name only, we would have feminists in name only.

gud one but since 90% hide under feminism as fake Christians and moslems do. .they should not call the men out when hit at..I mean verbally here. of course if one can't keep up...one is free to end d charade called marriage.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
ceecee0703:

sorry who was a bachelor US president
Google comes to mind.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
OP on point.

Sometimes it just seems marriage is valued over common sense.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by kaboninc(m): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
raayah:

Nigerian men are scared of strong and successful Nigerian women because they can't "control" them.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
There's a whole lot to life than simply getting married.

Our system is skewed against the women, and it appears they can do very little about it.

You hardly hear two or more women discuss self development, or other areas in which their improvement will bring great joy to their future husband. ...It's a ll about marriage and marriage.....

I agree with the OP almost totally.

The issue can go both ways, but it's worse with the women folks. It seems they almost only exist for marriage....very sad.

I can recall when my woman used to journey that path. I had to encourage her to look beyond the marriage and pursue her natural calling.....She didn't need to compromise her individuality because of me; she must maintain her uniqueness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tallesty1(m): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
bukatyne:

angry embarassed

Be careful, I have an elixir to make you twice as tall as you are if you are tall, and ditto if you are short.
#invisible_mode_activated
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tamee(f): 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by safarigirl(f): 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
iamkingzlee:
why evilz shocked
lol, just tryna help the society. Long time, how've you been?
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by ronald4lif(m): 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
bukatyne:

My clique! Haha!

A feminist can decide that her husband is the provider and handles everything finance why she handles everything domestic (probably stay at home). etc. Taking care of the house is not lowly to working outside the home.

Although the bolded is true and to some extend it's even more ardous to perform domestic chores than conventional jobs but it's hardly possible to equate money-making to anything else in life, especially in a capitalist world we live in. Wealth naturally makes people assume power and dominion over others so the majority of family fanancier will likely feel they have dominion regardless of the significance the other party (housewife) feel their contribution to the union may be.

Prior to the advent of feminism and it resultant effect to some part of the world women traditionally played the role of a housewife but not until they started attaining education and making progression in topical profession, making their own money, even as they boycotted the mentality of a breadwinner before egalitarianism could make waves and progress.

The role of domestic chores and babysitting can be assume by either partner who's not working, male or female alike or split by both which I find more acceptable. But the mentality that a man should be the financial contributor in a /relationship/marriage would not help the feminism struggle in a patriarchal setting like ours on women's path. Chances are that anyone who foot the bills will always feel they're in control.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by ronald4lif(m): 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tamee:

You can be whatever on a public forum, most people here are fakers. So you want me to believe you are male.
Aiit then.

I am but you're entitled to your thoughts.

Maybe we should be secluded in a closet and let's see the result after 9months lol.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by deolumike(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tallesty1:
A Lady after reading this:

Lady: Oh, I love this. Thanks MizMyColi, I just wish our ladies will learn.

Then she receives a message from boo.

Boo: Are you free? Let's hang out.

Lady: Oh! I love this. Thanks boo.

So she goes out with boo, straffs him all night and everything she read wipes out automatically.

And everything still remains thesame.

BTW, the op failed to realize that marriage increases a man's or a woman's worth too. I don't care who you are or what you have achieved, if you are single then you are incomplete.

And What's with people and their recent attack on marriage btw? Is marriage the only institution that is failing?

Nothing on earth is better than a blessed marriage, it's an achievement on its own, the reason most fail is is our sin.

It is sin that will make a man to hit his woman. It is sin that will make a man see a woman as a lesser being, it's sin that will make a man to cheat on, beat or mistreat his woman in any way. Same thing goes for the woman.

Listen, if we all should repent and follow God's guidelines for marriage then believe you me that marriage will become the best thing on earth.
The most honest thing I've read on Nairaland.

You deserve a medal for your candour
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tamee(f): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tallesty1:
A Lady after reading this:

Lady: Oh, I love this. Thanks MizMyColi, I just wish our ladies will learn.

Then she receives a message from boo.

Boo: Are you free? Let's hang out.

Lady: Oh! I love this. Thanks boo.

So she goes out with boo, straffs him all night and everything she read wipes out automatically.

And everything still remains thesame.

BTW, the op failed to realize that marriage increases a man's or a woman's worth too. I don't care who you are or what you have achieved, if you are single then you are incomplete.

And What's with people and their recent attack on marriage btw? Is marriage the only institution that is failing?

Nothing on earth is better than a blessed marriage, it's an achievement on its own, the reason most fail is is our sin.

It is sin that will make a man to hit his woman. It is sin that will make a man see a woman as a lesser being, it's sin that will make a man to cheat on, beat or mistreat his woman in any way. Same thing goes for the woman.

Listen, if we all should repent and follow God's guidelines for marriage then believe you me that marriage will become the best thing on earth.
God bless you sir
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by cococandy(f): 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
Mizmycoli pls stop explaining.
You can't physically open someone's head and put sense in there.
The message is clear.
And it in no way says marriage is bad or that ladies shouldn't desire it. Not even in the least.

If anyone reads the write up and sees it as advocating for women not to marry, so be it. There's nothing you can for such a dumb person.
Why try?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by safarigirl(f): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
4C2215131:

@seeing women as liabilities, women are the ones perpetuating this outlook! Y'all think in trying to get revenge on men for their lying, morally bankrupt ways is to dig into their pockets! That is the biggest mistake y'all made as the man is just going to make more money but see you as a liability (and if you're the type that is financially well-off, he sees you as a competitor, thus a problem! that is how he's wired to think and feel).

As is common with human nature, the man is not going to see her materialistic nature as a silent plea for "please change your attitude"...he refuses to think he's done anything wrong and just attributes her materialistic tendencies to just plain gold digging.

Hence I said, two wrongs cannot make a right. Woman, understand this, just live your life in the most conscientious way, do your best to be a good person, (a loving wife if you're married) or a darling friend/lover to the chosen one and forget all these men and women argument. Like I said, it'll never be concluded this side of paradise. I've given up on it a long time ago, and I am the better for it. You'd do well to adhere suit.

Men started the problem, but women, in a bid to correct it, are utilising a tactic that won't work. Just the plain bare-assed truth here.
I've never tried to get back at men for any reason. I don't beleive in faithful men, so I'm not peeved at cheating men. And I certainly don't beleive in scamming guys or even getting finances from them, I'm very paranoid about that
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by cococandy(f): 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
dearpreye:
There's a whole lot to life than simply getting married.

Our system is skewed against the women, and it appears they can do very little about it.

You hardly hear two or more women discuss self development, or other areas in which their improvement will bring great joy to their future husband. ...It's a ll about marriage and marriage.....

I agree with the OP almost totally.

The issue can go both ways, but it's worse with the women folks. It seems they almost only exist for marriage....very sad.

I can recall when my woman used to journey that path. I had to encourage her to look beyond the marriage and pursue her natural calling.....She didn't need to compromise her individuality because of me; she must maintain her uniqueness.

Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by ronald4lif(m): 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tamee:

You can only assume I am female. Like I said before, a lot of shit happen on a public forum. If we get secluded in a closet, what will happen after nine months? tongue We had probably suffocate to death af.

Someone will need a maternity holiday after our seclusion. I don't miss the goal net lol. But my proposal is only applicable to the opposite sex of mine since we're both making assumptions. What proof do you need to ascertain my sex and why the reservation?
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Glad to see my friend inspire ladies on a wider scale.
If anyone has ever wondered what it is about me and how I think/the folks I mingle with, look no further!
One of them wrote this.

cheesy

I remember when I started politics newly....he is the one thing that kept me in that section during the early days.
His words ring loud and true every now and then.

I look at the guy who wrote this, and I'm hopeful for the Nigerian Man.

Unfortunately miss, you can't change that which has been indoctrinated and embedded. The ultimate ambition of almost every girl i know is to get married. In my final year in school, every girl i know wants to get married immediately after service. Outside house keeping, make up, and movies they know nothing else. I wont say they are dull, but their orientation, awareness and perception is so narrow. The only thing that borders them is how to find a man to marry. Its unfortunate, really really unfortunate but you can't change it, that is how a Nigerian girl child is brought up. Appreciate your effort though.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Tamee(f): 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Impregnates Mother, Teenage Daughter / A Hustling Woman And Her Child Sleeping By A Roadside / My Husband Thinks I'm A Liar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.